Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wanted: Patient Roleplay Partner
Hello there!

I have quite a limited experience with roleplay because I haven't done it very much--only a handful of times. I first started during the festivals, providing roleplay responses for some of the games. I really liked it, and I'm hoping to continue!

About Me:
-Late teens
-Just graduated in June, took a Creative Writing class Junior year and loved it
-I currently work part-time (about 5 hours 5 days a week, but I can let you know whenever I'm working because I'd be unreachable)
-I lean more toward third person, but first is not difficult; I've done it before
-I have no set "character" I rp with yet, may take a while to develop it
-I find it difficult to manage more than three characters at once
-I tend to answer messages right away because I don't like leaving people hanging ever; it's been a habit of mine for several years now, ever since I finally got texting on my phone
-On mobile a good percent of the time, so some responses may be slower and shorter due to texting
-Time zone is Standard FR Time (I generally sleep 11pm-1am to about 9-10 am, depending on the night)
-I tend to be long-winded (I write a lot at once); feel free to let me know if that's overwhelming and I can shorten them
-Inexperienced with formal rp but would be more than happy to learn if you're willing to be patient while I get the hang of it

Let me know if you're interested via ping or PM, and tell me a little bit about yourself! We can discuss more details over PM if you want to work something out.

Examples: (If you want to read a bit. They're long though, fair warning.)

Wavecrest Saturnalia
Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7

Greenskeeper Gathering
Hello there!

I have quite a limited experience with roleplay because I haven't done it very much--only a handful of times. I first started during the festivals, providing roleplay responses for some of the games. I really liked it, and I'm hoping to continue!

About Me:
-Late teens
-Just graduated in June, took a Creative Writing class Junior year and loved it
-I currently work part-time (about 5 hours 5 days a week, but I can let you know whenever I'm working because I'd be unreachable)
-I lean more toward third person, but first is not difficult; I've done it before
-I have no set "character" I rp with yet, may take a while to develop it
-I find it difficult to manage more than three characters at once
-I tend to answer messages right away because I don't like leaving people hanging ever; it's been a habit of mine for several years now, ever since I finally got texting on my phone
-On mobile a good percent of the time, so some responses may be slower and shorter due to texting
-Time zone is Standard FR Time (I generally sleep 11pm-1am to about 9-10 am, depending on the night)
-I tend to be long-winded (I write a lot at once); feel free to let me know if that's overwhelming and I can shorten them
-Inexperienced with formal rp but would be more than happy to learn if you're willing to be patient while I get the hang of it

Let me know if you're interested via ping or PM, and tell me a little bit about yourself! We can discuss more details over PM if you want to work something out.

Examples: (If you want to read a bit. They're long though, fair warning.)

Wavecrest Saturnalia

Greenskeeper Gathering
@SkyLark

Yo! If you're looking for a patient partner then look no further! xD Kidding aside I think it'd be fun to start up an RP with ya if you're still looking. I'm a literate and experienced RPer, and I tend to be rather lengthy in my responses. I also have zero qualms with teaching you the ropes, but judging by your holiday posts you clearly know what you're doing lol. If you want to read a bit of what I've been doing you can check out my thread here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1055877/1

I've been tossing a few ideas around as far as FR centered plots go. The main one I've been thinking of centers on an arranged marriage of two dragons to cement ties between two powerful clans. But, of course, there's someone trying to subvert the plans and overthrow those in power yadda yadda. Something like that! If that's not interesting to you we can totally come up with something else. I've got a lair full of dragons so I'm flexible!
@SkyLark

Yo! If you're looking for a patient partner then look no further! xD Kidding aside I think it'd be fun to start up an RP with ya if you're still looking. I'm a literate and experienced RPer, and I tend to be rather lengthy in my responses. I also have zero qualms with teaching you the ropes, but judging by your holiday posts you clearly know what you're doing lol. If you want to read a bit of what I've been doing you can check out my thread here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1055877/1

I've been tossing a few ideas around as far as FR centered plots go. The main one I've been thinking of centers on an arranged marriage of two dragons to cement ties between two powerful clans. But, of course, there's someone trying to subvert the plans and overthrow those in power yadda yadda. Something like that! If that's not interesting to you we can totally come up with something else. I've got a lair full of dragons so I'm flexible!
RainbowPrimarybanner_zpsa5cf6c49.png
@SkyLarK

Hello there! I am also someone in my late teens that is looking for a roleplay partner! I'm more interested in humanized RPs than dragon ones these days, but I just started up a dragon one again to get back into things, so I would be more than happy to do a dragon one!

I love world-building and planning though I am fine with just rolling with things. I tend to reply quickly to ones I am interested in and may drop off for a day if I am feeling uninspired. Other than that, Anything goes!
@SkyLarK

Hello there! I am also someone in my late teens that is looking for a roleplay partner! I'm more interested in humanized RPs than dragon ones these days, but I just started up a dragon one again to get back into things, so I would be more than happy to do a dragon one!

I love world-building and planning though I am fine with just rolling with things. I tend to reply quickly to ones I am interested in and may drop off for a day if I am feeling uninspired. Other than that, Anything goes!
uCR5SCW.png
I seem to have made the rather unwise decision of making a forum post directly before a long shift. Sorry about the delay to both of you. To be honest, I didn't expect much interest until the post had been up longer! Thank you both for your replies though.

@brightcat135, I am definitely still looking, and I can easily tell that you are both literate and experienced. Your tendency for lengthiness is something I'm happy to learn, as I'll feel less awkward about writing novels in response. As for the teaching, it's more because I don't know how to interact with another user in that format. It's just something that needs a bit of explaining and a bit of practice! (Also: cool points to you for actually reading some samples! I read some of yours and was quite impressed.)
I don't have many ideas (read: any) for actual roleplaying plots. I figured I should actually start by finding someone. It sounds like it could be pretty interesting though! I suppose it is something to wait and see about. I suppose I should note that I recently cleared out many of my dragons and have nearly only permanent residents left. I may have to acquire some more for roleplaying. Or maybe not? Anyway, I'd look forward to doing so!

@FloatingInSpace, a humanized RP? That was something I hadn't even considered to be honest. I'm sure it could be fascinating, though I feel like it would require a bit more forethought than just dragons. I mean, dragons are not people, haha. I suppose it'll be something to discuss in the future and see what would be preferable. I do have human designs for several of my dragons, though there is a handful that simply do not belong in a humanverse. They're a little too set as feral creatures in my head. Regardless, I think a little beforehand discussion would benefit the situation.
I seem to have made the rather unwise decision of making a forum post directly before a long shift. Sorry about the delay to both of you. To be honest, I didn't expect much interest until the post had been up longer! Thank you both for your replies though.

@brightcat135, I am definitely still looking, and I can easily tell that you are both literate and experienced. Your tendency for lengthiness is something I'm happy to learn, as I'll feel less awkward about writing novels in response. As for the teaching, it's more because I don't know how to interact with another user in that format. It's just something that needs a bit of explaining and a bit of practice! (Also: cool points to you for actually reading some samples! I read some of yours and was quite impressed.)
I don't have many ideas (read: any) for actual roleplaying plots. I figured I should actually start by finding someone. It sounds like it could be pretty interesting though! I suppose it is something to wait and see about. I suppose I should note that I recently cleared out many of my dragons and have nearly only permanent residents left. I may have to acquire some more for roleplaying. Or maybe not? Anyway, I'd look forward to doing so!

@FloatingInSpace, a humanized RP? That was something I hadn't even considered to be honest. I'm sure it could be fascinating, though I feel like it would require a bit more forethought than just dragons. I mean, dragons are not people, haha. I suppose it'll be something to discuss in the future and see what would be preferable. I do have human designs for several of my dragons, though there is a handful that simply do not belong in a humanverse. They're a little too set as feral creatures in my head. Regardless, I think a little beforehand discussion would benefit the situation.
@SkyLarK

Trust me, there's a butt-load of planning for humanized RPs. So much. My main ones are either Galene, Kydoimos, or Hecate simply because I've used them so much in humaized RPs.

Other than that, Hecate would be my main dragon in an RP, or perhaps Nephthys. Either way, I'm fine if you just want to do a dragon RP.

I prefer to do things like questing to save the world or full on dystopian versions of Sorneith where the Shade have broken free and hell is on earth.
@SkyLarK

Trust me, there's a butt-load of planning for humanized RPs. So much. My main ones are either Galene, Kydoimos, or Hecate simply because I've used them so much in humaized RPs.

Other than that, Hecate would be my main dragon in an RP, or perhaps Nephthys. Either way, I'm fine if you just want to do a dragon RP.

I prefer to do things like questing to save the world or full on dystopian versions of Sorneith where the Shade have broken free and hell is on earth.
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace, duly noted; lots of planning! I think I'll look up those abovementioned dragons and then send a PM with further thoughts.
@FloatingInSpace, duly noted; lots of planning! I think I'll look up those abovementioned dragons and then send a PM with further thoughts.
@SkyLarK

Hullo! I have been RPing for about three years now, I'd say. I use to have RP accounts of Tumblr (Cupcakes!Pinkamena, Bluebeard from Felidae, and my OC Natalie), but left when I found it to be overwhelming, since it was conflicting with my studying. I still do RP with online friends via Skype or email, and have started RPing here on FR recently.

I have 13 OCs for a vaguely constructed universe I created (which Natalie is a part of). Many of the human OCs are not-white or American, and all of my OCs are hella queer. I'm also willing to RP with my dragon babies here on FR.

I am also in my late teens, and will be going into college starting on August 29th. hYPERACTIVE ETERNAL SHRIEKING I plan on pursuing a career in writing (not sure for what medium yet, maybe a lot). Eastern time zone for me. I might not always be responsive because of real world things, so I apologize in advance.

I am terrible at world-building and physical descriptions. I'm much better at writing dialogue, actions of characters, and their thought processes, since my main focus when I write is on character. I also like to write as a go along, even if a basic outline is planned, since I believe that for characters to be genuine, you have to make them lead you.

Samples of my writing here on FR:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1495834
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1492730/1#post_12151433
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1490380/1

sorry that was super long
@SkyLarK

Hullo! I have been RPing for about three years now, I'd say. I use to have RP accounts of Tumblr (Cupcakes!Pinkamena, Bluebeard from Felidae, and my OC Natalie), but left when I found it to be overwhelming, since it was conflicting with my studying. I still do RP with online friends via Skype or email, and have started RPing here on FR recently.

I have 13 OCs for a vaguely constructed universe I created (which Natalie is a part of). Many of the human OCs are not-white or American, and all of my OCs are hella queer. I'm also willing to RP with my dragon babies here on FR.

I am also in my late teens, and will be going into college starting on August 29th. hYPERACTIVE ETERNAL SHRIEKING I plan on pursuing a career in writing (not sure for what medium yet, maybe a lot). Eastern time zone for me. I might not always be responsive because of real world things, so I apologize in advance.

I am terrible at world-building and physical descriptions. I'm much better at writing dialogue, actions of characters, and their thought processes, since my main focus when I write is on character. I also like to write as a go along, even if a basic outline is planned, since I believe that for characters to be genuine, you have to make them lead you.

Samples of my writing here on FR:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1495834
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1492730/1#post_12151433
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1490380/1

sorry that was super long