Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private 1x1 with Azurene
1 2
@Azurene

Azareth flinched a little bit. He didn't enjoy talking about his clan- especially its final days. Those were probably the worst of his life, and he was generally a pretty optimistic dragon.

"I..ah..don't exactly have a clan," Azareth replied. "Please don't ask, because it's a long story and I'm not sure you'd want to hear it."

His voice definitely didn't sound as warm as it had a few minutes ago.
@Azurene

Azareth flinched a little bit. He didn't enjoy talking about his clan- especially its final days. Those were probably the worst of his life, and he was generally a pretty optimistic dragon.

"I..ah..don't exactly have a clan," Azareth replied. "Please don't ask, because it's a long story and I'm not sure you'd want to hear it."

His voice definitely didn't sound as warm as it had a few minutes ago.
@MidnightRaven

"Fair enough," Alcyone responded, noting the colder tone of his voice. "If you're interested, my clan leader is always happy to bring in other dragons from different flights. Of course, they have to learn how to breathe underwater first."

She continued to follow Azareth in silence, the flapping of her wings the only thing she heard, other than the occasional creature calling out from below.

The sooner she was out of this place, the better.
@MidnightRaven

"Fair enough," Alcyone responded, noting the colder tone of his voice. "If you're interested, my clan leader is always happy to bring in other dragons from different flights. Of course, they have to learn how to breathe underwater first."

She continued to follow Azareth in silence, the flapping of her wings the only thing she heard, other than the occasional creature calling out from below.

The sooner she was out of this place, the better.
0c49f6e1-4f92-11e5-b59c-0503ce0fbe4e.gif
@Azurene

After a while of flying in silence, Azareth began to descend.

"I saw the footprints somewhere around here," he said. "I was here pretty recently, so I doubt they've been wiped away." When he landed, he headed over to a dead tree and searched the ground, looking for any sign of what he had spotted when he was last over in this area.
@Azurene

After a while of flying in silence, Azareth began to descend.

"I saw the footprints somewhere around here," he said. "I was here pretty recently, so I doubt they've been wiped away." When he landed, he headed over to a dead tree and searched the ground, looking for any sign of what he had spotted when he was last over in this area.
@MidnightRaven

Alcyone descended right behind Azareth, checking the area for the footprints he spoke about.

It was after a few minutes of searching that Alcyone spotted the giant footprints. They had the right shape, depth, and size of those of Imperial footprints. However, upon closer inspection of the claw marks, she realized that the claws were much, much longer and thinner than those found on Imperials.

Alcyone tucked her pearl under her foot as she grabbed a roll of parchment and a stick of charcoal from her bag. She quickly sketched a picture of the footprints along with a few notes, looking up every once in a while at the marks on the ground.

"I presume that these are the footprints you're talking about?" Alcyone asked, continuing her sketch.
@MidnightRaven

Alcyone descended right behind Azareth, checking the area for the footprints he spoke about.

It was after a few minutes of searching that Alcyone spotted the giant footprints. They had the right shape, depth, and size of those of Imperial footprints. However, upon closer inspection of the claw marks, she realized that the claws were much, much longer and thinner than those found on Imperials.

Alcyone tucked her pearl under her foot as she grabbed a roll of parchment and a stick of charcoal from her bag. She quickly sketched a picture of the footprints along with a few notes, looking up every once in a while at the marks on the ground.

"I presume that these are the footprints you're talking about?" Alcyone asked, continuing her sketch.
@Azurene

Azarene looked up- he'd been looking in the wrong spot. Go figure.

He trotted over and peered at the ground. "Yep- those are them," he announced. Azareth studied the footprints a little closer. They looked mostly like Imperial footprints, but when he looked closer, he noticed something off about the claws.

"That's weird," he said out loud. "The claws are all off- see, they're all long and thin. I've never seen an Imperial who looks like that- and I've seen plenty of them."

Around here, something out of the ordinary was never a good sign.
@Azurene

Azarene looked up- he'd been looking in the wrong spot. Go figure.

He trotted over and peered at the ground. "Yep- those are them," he announced. Azareth studied the footprints a little closer. They looked mostly like Imperial footprints, but when he looked closer, he noticed something off about the claws.

"That's weird," he said out loud. "The claws are all off- see, they're all long and thin. I've never seen an Imperial who looks like that- and I've seen plenty of them."

Around here, something out of the ordinary was never a good sign.
@MidnightRaven
((Sorry for the delay. Something came up suddenly that prevented me the use of a computer.))

"Any idea what could've made these?" Alcyone asked, continuing her sketch. "Any creature you could think of?"

After adding the final touches to her sketch, she returned the parchment and charcoal to her bag and scooped up her pearl in her arms. She felt a sense of dread at the pit of her stomach when she saw the expression on Azareth's face.

There's something very wrong here.

It looks like she won't be able to return home anytime soon.
@MidnightRaven
((Sorry for the delay. Something came up suddenly that prevented me the use of a computer.))

"Any idea what could've made these?" Alcyone asked, continuing her sketch. "Any creature you could think of?"

After adding the final touches to her sketch, she returned the parchment and charcoal to her bag and scooped up her pearl in her arms. She felt a sense of dread at the pit of her stomach when she saw the expression on Azareth's face.

There's something very wrong here.

It looks like she won't be able to return home anytime soon.
@Azurene ((not a problem!))

"No clue," Azareth replied. "Trust me, if I knew, I'd tell you."

He continued to examine the footprints, searching for anything that could tip him off as to the identity of the thing that left them.

Nothing. No information. Azareth sighed in frustration and turned back to Alcyone.

"Do you want me to see where they go?"
@Azurene ((not a problem!))

"No clue," Azareth replied. "Trust me, if I knew, I'd tell you."

He continued to examine the footprints, searching for anything that could tip him off as to the identity of the thing that left them.

Nothing. No information. Azareth sighed in frustration and turned back to Alcyone.

"Do you want me to see where they go?"
@MidnightRaven

Alcyone considered the question. Should he go alone? Should she go with him?

From Azareth's physique, he seemed fully capable of doing it on his own. Not to mention that he was from the Plague flight, which in and of itself meant that he could survive in situations that seemed most dire.

Alcyone didn't doubt that she would be able to protect herself. No, it was her job to be the best at it... Or close to the best. However, the feeling of impending calamity didn't dissipate. Maybe it was the Water Flight part of her that could feel out the future? If so, it was a warning.

Still, she didn't develop that ability as well as other members of her clan, so it also just could be the atmosphere of the place.

Either way, she decided it would be best if she tagged along with him.

"I'll go with you. It's best to stay together."

If only her team was with her. Alas, they weren't, and Azareth was the only dragon she got.

She still needed to get the information to her clan, regardless.
@MidnightRaven

Alcyone considered the question. Should he go alone? Should she go with him?

From Azareth's physique, he seemed fully capable of doing it on his own. Not to mention that he was from the Plague flight, which in and of itself meant that he could survive in situations that seemed most dire.

Alcyone didn't doubt that she would be able to protect herself. No, it was her job to be the best at it... Or close to the best. However, the feeling of impending calamity didn't dissipate. Maybe it was the Water Flight part of her that could feel out the future? If so, it was a warning.

Still, she didn't develop that ability as well as other members of her clan, so it also just could be the atmosphere of the place.

Either way, she decided it would be best if she tagged along with him.

"I'll go with you. It's best to stay together."

If only her team was with her. Alas, they weren't, and Azareth was the only dragon she got.

She still needed to get the information to her clan, regardless.
1 2