Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] The Babble of Sound
1 2 3 4 5 6
Joel peeked back down one more time, observing. "<When you're ready to walk, come upstairs.>" This is usually the part where he moved back up. But, yeah, he'll stay down and peeking out for just a little longer. Probably actually awkwardly longer.
Joel peeked back down one more time, observing. "<When you're ready to walk, come upstairs.>" This is usually the part where he moved back up. But, yeah, he'll stay down and peeking out for just a little longer. Probably actually awkwardly longer.
Yeah, dude, what the heck. Staring at girls ain't cool.
Yeah, dude, what the heck. Staring at girls ain't cool.
Eh. Yeah. He popped back up to a roost, glancing over the sunset. Usually the narrator says something like 'beautiful sunset' or something of a romantic notion, but in reality, it's a smoggy black sky. Not much to look around in, not much to see. Joel loves it. He gave a pat to the sleeping Glimmertooth before stooping down to lean on him. Another human.
Eh. Yeah. He popped back up to a roost, glancing over the sunset. Usually the narrator says something like 'beautiful sunset' or something of a romantic notion, but in reality, it's a smoggy black sky. Not much to look around in, not much to see. Joel loves it. He gave a pat to the sleeping Glimmertooth before stooping down to lean on him. Another human.
Said "another human," without the need to act human, was devouring the food like a non-human. Dragon. Uh...Animal? Something wild. Yeah, there we go. Tossing a piece of fish to Firedancer, she sank her teeth into another piece of bread.
Said "another human," without the need to act human, was devouring the food like a non-human. Dragon. Uh...Animal? Something wild. Yeah, there we go. Tossing a piece of fish to Firedancer, she sank her teeth into another piece of bread.
But he just can't have dragon pillow. Joel oomphed Glimmertooth onto his side, scratching the underbelly. "<When was the last time you saw a human?>" Oh, hell. Who's he talking to, the sleeping dragon baby? So many things making him still only to himself. "<When was the last time I had to speak human?>"
But he just can't have dragon pillow. Joel oomphed Glimmertooth onto his side, scratching the underbelly. "<When was the last time you saw a human?>" Oh, hell. Who's he talking to, the sleeping dragon baby? So many things making him still only to himself. "<When was the last time I had to speak human?>"
*TIMESKIP TO MORNING*
*TIMESKIP TO MORNING*
"[Good morning, Firedancer,]" Kayu hummed in the Coatl language, stretching. She'd slept decently well, she supposed. Testing her legs, she froze when she realized the ground was far below the bed. Firedancer had nestled into a crevice in the wall and looked at her with innocent eyes. "[Don't give me that look,]" she grumbled, which is pretty hard to do in a language that consists of various pitches of humming.

"" Firedancer sang back. "[But if you would like, I could give you a ride to the top.]"

"Please," Kayu gasped, not bothering to speak in the Coatl tongue. Firedancer could understand her body language anyways.

Gathering her materials--which took just a moment or so, even though she had to disassemble her dragon's mechanical owl familiar--she hopped on Firedancer's back. The Coatl weaved its way through the chains before exiting the cave through a hole in the wall.

"[Do you want to leave this place, Kayu?]" The dragon asked. "[We do not know if he is a threat.]"

Kayu thought for a moment. "[No,]" she hummed. "[He would have done us in when we landed if he wished to cause us harm.]"

The dragon nodded and flew through another, higher opening in the rock, entering the level where Joel resided.
"[Good morning, Firedancer,]" Kayu hummed in the Coatl language, stretching. She'd slept decently well, she supposed. Testing her legs, she froze when she realized the ground was far below the bed. Firedancer had nestled into a crevice in the wall and looked at her with innocent eyes. "[Don't give me that look,]" she grumbled, which is pretty hard to do in a language that consists of various pitches of humming.

"" Firedancer sang back. "[But if you would like, I could give you a ride to the top.]"

"Please," Kayu gasped, not bothering to speak in the Coatl tongue. Firedancer could understand her body language anyways.

Gathering her materials--which took just a moment or so, even though she had to disassemble her dragon's mechanical owl familiar--she hopped on Firedancer's back. The Coatl weaved its way through the chains before exiting the cave through a hole in the wall.

"[Do you want to leave this place, Kayu?]" The dragon asked. "[We do not know if he is a threat.]"

Kayu thought for a moment. "[No,]" she hummed. "[He would have done us in when we landed if he wished to cause us harm.]"

The dragon nodded and flew through another, higher opening in the rock, entering the level where Joel resided.
Up top there was a wreckage of a.. Ship? Maybe. Joel waved to the pair, standing on a pier adorned with a mermaid figurine, except a clam. And chipped off in places. He was quick to climb down, settling on the side of the upper deck. Glimmertooth seemed to be gone at the moment, leaving just the three.
Up top there was a wreckage of a.. Ship? Maybe. Joel waved to the pair, standing on a pier adorned with a mermaid figurine, except a clam. And chipped off in places. He was quick to climb down, settling on the side of the upper deck. Glimmertooth seemed to be gone at the moment, leaving just the three.
"Greetings," Kayu said in the common tongue. "I did not get the chance to thank you for your aid yesterday." She bowed slightly before sliding off her dragon. Despite the day she had to recover, he could see that she still leaned heavily on the beast.
"Greetings," Kayu said in the common tongue. "I did not get the chance to thank you for your aid yesterday." She bowed slightly before sliding off her dragon. Despite the day she had to recover, he could see that she still leaned heavily on the beast.
A.. bow? Joel stared, trying to figure it out. Well. Maybe, "<Is your back okay?>" That must be it.
A.. bow? Joel stared, trying to figure it out. Well. Maybe, "<Is your back okay?>" That must be it.
1 2 3 4 5 6