Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Byways - Post-apocalyptic Pokemon RP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
((dunno who to ping so @Watchdog i guess))

Nara wandered through a nearly empty street, sniffing the air for any traces of food. Most of the buildings had been ransacked already, but she was driven by the growl of her belly. As she walked, she looked around too, assessing the damage on the city.

Those hectic months had felt like less than a blink for her, inside her pokeball. At first, when she broke out, Nara had felt hurt and confused at the sudden disappearance of her trainer and party. It had taken time for her to come to terms with what happened. By now, their absence was just a faint ache in her chest, a small but steady reminder of her loss. Even if he hadn't been good to her, her trainer had fed and raised her, and being alone was terrifying in this new dead silent world.

Not to mention she was starving. The small rodent-types darting around in the shadows were tempting snacks, but the instantaneous guilt she felt for even considering hurting them forced her gaze away. All of her meals... before, had come from tin cans. As if she could really kill another living being, when there were so few of them left already!

Sighing, Nara scratched her ear and kept moving. There was bound to be an untouched pokemart around here somewhere, right?
((dunno who to ping so @Watchdog i guess))

Nara wandered through a nearly empty street, sniffing the air for any traces of food. Most of the buildings had been ransacked already, but she was driven by the growl of her belly. As she walked, she looked around too, assessing the damage on the city.

Those hectic months had felt like less than a blink for her, inside her pokeball. At first, when she broke out, Nara had felt hurt and confused at the sudden disappearance of her trainer and party. It had taken time for her to come to terms with what happened. By now, their absence was just a faint ache in her chest, a small but steady reminder of her loss. Even if he hadn't been good to her, her trainer had fed and raised her, and being alone was terrifying in this new dead silent world.

Not to mention she was starving. The small rodent-types darting around in the shadows were tempting snacks, but the instantaneous guilt she felt for even considering hurting them forced her gaze away. All of her meals... before, had come from tin cans. As if she could really kill another living being, when there were so few of them left already!

Sighing, Nara scratched her ear and kept moving. There was bound to be an untouched pokemart around here somewhere, right?
@kamiden ((Possible hook for our characters' interaction; a search for food. Respond if you want to.))

Seconds turned into minutes and into hours after the attack, and Catchfly's fear faded as he put more and more distance between Pebble and her assailant. Now, Catchfly felt far more tired than he did scared. The night was growing old, and only a few hours remained before the sun would rise.

Like many dark types, Catchfly had difficulty seeing in broad daylight. The sun was so bright that it blinded him, while the gentle light of the moon allowed his eyes to fully take in the world around him. He knew that Pebble had trouble sleeping during the day, but tried as best as he could to wind Pebble's internal clock to a nocturnal way of life. He reasoned that as the small togepi's protector, he should only allow her to be out and about when he was at full alert, no matter if she could see perfectly or not.

It was then that Catchfly heard a small rumble from the pokemon on his back, and shifted his gaze toward Pebble. She was stirring slightly, and her eyes were open and alert for the first time since she had been knocked out. After she let out a yawn, she slid off of Catchfly's back and onto the ground, where she contentedly stretched her arms. Catchfly was barely able to fix her with a stern glare.

"Look, Pebble, you can't be wandering away from me while I'm asleep just because you're bored. Wake me up if you have to. Please, please don't put yourself in so much danger..." Catchfly's gaze softened. "I could never forgive myself if you were hurt. You're the sweetest little guy I've met out here."

Pebble eagerly jumped toward Catchfly and hugged one of his legs before looking up at him timidly. "Catch, umm... I'm kinda hungry, and you didn't eat at all yesterday. Can we look for something to munch on?"

Catchfly nodded determinedly. "We'll do better than that. I have a good feeling about scavenging tonight. Tonight, maybe we can have ourselves a little feast!"

Pebble seemingly completely recovered from her earlier fight at Catchfly's words, and bounced into action, dashing toward a building with her nose held high. Catchfly chuckled at her sudden enthusiasm. "Wait up, Pebble! We still need to be somewhat careful about how we go about this-" He was cut off by a small squeal of joy from Pebble, and rushed toward her, realizing that she wasn't about to slow down for him tonight. The search was on.
@kamiden ((Possible hook for our characters' interaction; a search for food. Respond if you want to.))

Seconds turned into minutes and into hours after the attack, and Catchfly's fear faded as he put more and more distance between Pebble and her assailant. Now, Catchfly felt far more tired than he did scared. The night was growing old, and only a few hours remained before the sun would rise.

Like many dark types, Catchfly had difficulty seeing in broad daylight. The sun was so bright that it blinded him, while the gentle light of the moon allowed his eyes to fully take in the world around him. He knew that Pebble had trouble sleeping during the day, but tried as best as he could to wind Pebble's internal clock to a nocturnal way of life. He reasoned that as the small togepi's protector, he should only allow her to be out and about when he was at full alert, no matter if she could see perfectly or not.

It was then that Catchfly heard a small rumble from the pokemon on his back, and shifted his gaze toward Pebble. She was stirring slightly, and her eyes were open and alert for the first time since she had been knocked out. After she let out a yawn, she slid off of Catchfly's back and onto the ground, where she contentedly stretched her arms. Catchfly was barely able to fix her with a stern glare.

"Look, Pebble, you can't be wandering away from me while I'm asleep just because you're bored. Wake me up if you have to. Please, please don't put yourself in so much danger..." Catchfly's gaze softened. "I could never forgive myself if you were hurt. You're the sweetest little guy I've met out here."

Pebble eagerly jumped toward Catchfly and hugged one of his legs before looking up at him timidly. "Catch, umm... I'm kinda hungry, and you didn't eat at all yesterday. Can we look for something to munch on?"

Catchfly nodded determinedly. "We'll do better than that. I have a good feeling about scavenging tonight. Tonight, maybe we can have ourselves a little feast!"

Pebble seemingly completely recovered from her earlier fight at Catchfly's words, and bounced into action, dashing toward a building with her nose held high. Catchfly chuckled at her sudden enthusiasm. "Wait up, Pebble! We still need to be somewhat careful about how we go about this-" He was cut off by a small squeal of joy from Pebble, and rushed toward her, realizing that she wasn't about to slow down for him tonight. The search was on.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
((@SunstonePhoenix i believe there was supposed to be an order to who posts next? but anyway, shenanigans))

Nara felt like she had been walking for aeons before she finally spotted a pokemart. It was locked up, but when she peered through the windows she saw potions, drinks, and canned food. Just looking at the stuff was enough to make her drool.

Upon close inspection, she could see why it had survived so long unplundered. The glass doors were hard enough to dent steel on! She would bet that it was strong enough to withstand the force of any pokemon other than a legendary. Feeling a little lost, she stepped back to consider the bigger picture. There was a dumpster beside the building, almost half its height. Maybe the roof was less tough?

Scrabbling up onto the dumpster was a little hard (she prayed there were no trubbish inside to get mad). Grabbing onto the roof ledge was even more so. And actually pulling herself up onto the roof? Nara's arms shook and she let go against her will, dropping with a thud on the dumpster again. Impossible. She laid there for a little while, sulking and vowing to herself to get stronger.

Two voices nearby jolted her out of her skin, snapping her awake from a doze. When had she let her guard down for others to get so close? Hopping off the dumpster clumsily, Nara tucked herself beside it, trying and failing to pull her tail and ears out of view.
((@SunstonePhoenix i believe there was supposed to be an order to who posts next? but anyway, shenanigans))

Nara felt like she had been walking for aeons before she finally spotted a pokemart. It was locked up, but when she peered through the windows she saw potions, drinks, and canned food. Just looking at the stuff was enough to make her drool.

Upon close inspection, she could see why it had survived so long unplundered. The glass doors were hard enough to dent steel on! She would bet that it was strong enough to withstand the force of any pokemon other than a legendary. Feeling a little lost, she stepped back to consider the bigger picture. There was a dumpster beside the building, almost half its height. Maybe the roof was less tough?

Scrabbling up onto the dumpster was a little hard (she prayed there were no trubbish inside to get mad). Grabbing onto the roof ledge was even more so. And actually pulling herself up onto the roof? Nara's arms shook and she let go against her will, dropping with a thud on the dumpster again. Impossible. She laid there for a little while, sulking and vowing to herself to get stronger.

Two voices nearby jolted her out of her skin, snapping her awake from a doze. When had she let her guard down for others to get so close? Hopping off the dumpster clumsily, Nara tucked herself beside it, trying and failing to pull her tail and ears out of view.
@Watchdog Hope It's not too late to join in on this! [img]http://www.smogon.com/dex/media/sprites/xy/serperior.gif[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Kronos [b]Pokemon:[/b] Serperior [b]Ability:[/b] Contrary [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Short description:[/b] As the name playfully implies, Kronos is a bit of an eating fanatic. So much so that he jokes about eating his friends, and... pretty much everything else. However whether or not he is actually serious is uncertain to this day due to many close encounters. In-general he has a very dark sense of humor. After his trainer died it was just him, his companion Eko, and Kyrin(whom was still sleeping peacefully within her pokeball). Kronos--whom seldom ever shows any form of kind side to him--was against releasing her from her pokeball as he thought that she didn't deserve a fate to live in this world, and instead be released once everything 'recovers'. Unfortunately, Eko and him butt heads often, and she ended up being released anyway. He still has his Binding Band from when he fought alongside his trainer. [b]Move set:[/b] Leaf Storm, Glare, Synthesis, Gastro Acid, Bind [b]Owned/Wild:[/b] Owned [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/7ec1/f/2015/080/a/8/animated_oras_xy_sylveon_sprite_by_arcticwolf0418-d8mmic3.gif[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Kyrin (Key-rin) [b]Pokemon:[/b] Sylveon [b]Ability:[/b] Cute Charm [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Short description:[/b] Kyrin is a kind and playful spirit. For the most part she has remained 'pure' throughout the apocalypse due to the fact that she was held captive within her pokeball before Eko deemed it safe enough to release her. Even before the apocalypse, Kyrin had a gentle spirit. She was not one for fighting, and instead held on the support end, inflicting non-volatile statuses, healing her allies, or boosting her allies moves with ease. That beign said, she can pack quite a punch herself, but she is more likely to 'play fight' than actually battle seriously. ...Unless you push her anyway. She still has a Big Root in the form of an ear clip back when she used to fight competitively alongside her trainer. [b]Move set:[/b] Moonblast, Draining Kiss, Yawn, Heal Bell, Helping Hand [b]Owned/Wild:[/b] Owned [img]http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2014/06/92508_Greninja.gif[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Eko [b]Pokemon:[/b] Greninja [b]Ability:[/b] Protean [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Short description: [/b] Eko fits into the 'strong silent ninja' type almost perfectly. Out of the three he is the most headstrong, and seldom ever attacks without reason. It takes a lot to get on his bad side, but when he is angered he is a force to be reckoned with. He is also the most cunning out of the two, but sometimes he lets his heart get in the way of his rational mind, and strategy. He will never allow his companions to faint, regardless of any reason, even if it costs him 'the win'. During the apocalypse, Eko's trainer had died off relatively early, allowing him and Kronos to experience its dangers first-hand. Admittedly, it toughened him, and he started to learn how to use his head instead of his heart when in battle, but that changed when they found their former companion's pokeball. He knew what Kyrin was like, and she would hate to be trapped just because the situation was dangerous. Kronos was against letting her out until everything was safe, but at the same time Eko knew that was a death-wish in of itself. After-all, if they fail... she would be trapped forever, and they did not know if the apocalypse would ever truly 'end'. So instead he let her out after the 'peak' of the apocalypse occurred, regardless of what Kronos's concern, and demands. He still has his Assault Vest from when he fought competitively alongside his trainer. [b]Move set:[/b] Hydro Cannon, Bounce, Extrasensory, Ice Beam, Night Slash [b]Owned/Wild:[/b] Owned
@Watchdog Hope It's not too late to join in on this!

serperior.gif
Name: Kronos
Pokemon: Serperior
Ability: Contrary
Short description: As the name playfully implies, Kronos is a bit of an eating fanatic. So much so that he jokes about eating his friends, and... pretty much everything else. However whether or not he is actually serious is uncertain to this day due to many close encounters. In-general he has a very dark sense of humor. After his trainer died it was just him, his companion Eko, and Kyrin(whom was still sleeping peacefully within her pokeball). Kronos--whom seldom ever shows any form of kind side to him--was against releasing her from her pokeball as he thought that she didn't deserve a fate to live in this world, and instead be released once everything 'recovers'. Unfortunately, Eko and him butt heads often, and she ended up being released anyway. He still has his Binding Band from when he fought alongside his trainer.
Move set: Leaf Storm, Glare, Synthesis, Gastro Acid, Bind
Owned/Wild: Owned
animated_oras_xy_sylveon_sprite_by_arcticwolf0418-d8mmic3.gif
Name: Kyrin (Key-rin)
Pokemon: Sylveon
Ability: Cute Charm
Short description: Kyrin is a kind and playful spirit. For the most part she has remained 'pure' throughout the apocalypse due to the fact that she was held captive within her pokeball before Eko deemed it safe enough to release her. Even before the apocalypse, Kyrin had a gentle spirit. She was not one for fighting, and instead held on the support end, inflicting non-volatile statuses, healing her allies, or boosting her allies moves with ease. That beign said, she can pack quite a punch herself, but she is more likely to 'play fight' than actually battle seriously. ...Unless you push her anyway. She still has a Big Root in the form of an ear clip back when she used to fight competitively alongside her trainer.
Move set: Moonblast, Draining Kiss, Yawn, Heal Bell, Helping Hand
92508_Greninja.gif
Name: Eko
Pokemon: Greninja
Ability: Protean
Short description: Eko fits into the 'strong silent ninja' type almost perfectly. Out of the three he is the most headstrong, and seldom ever attacks without reason. It takes a lot to get on his bad side, but when he is angered he is a force to be reckoned with. He is also the most cunning out of the two, but sometimes he lets his heart get in the way of his rational mind, and strategy. He will never allow his companions to faint, regardless of any reason, even if it costs him 'the win'. During the apocalypse, Eko's trainer had died off relatively early, allowing him and Kronos to experience its dangers first-hand. Admittedly, it toughened him, and he started to learn how to use his head instead of his heart when in battle, but that changed when they found their former companion's pokeball. He knew what Kyrin was like, and she would hate to be trapped just because the situation was dangerous. Kronos was against letting her out until everything was safe, but at the same time Eko knew that was a death-wish in of itself. After-all, if they fail... she would be trapped forever, and they did not know if the apocalypse would ever truly 'end'. So instead he let her out after the 'peak' of the apocalypse occurred, regardless of what Kronos's concern, and demands. He still has his Assault Vest from when he fought competitively alongside his trainer.
Move set: Hydro Cannon, Bounce, Extrasensory, Ice Beam, Night Slash
tumblr_md4lyzCNNj1qlajmo.gifwhole_dang_mystery_gang_by_rainslick-d85c9wp.gifbill__cipher__px___by_v_faby_v-d6cal7h.gif
OOC: @SunstonePhoenix @kamiden
Oh my goodness guys, I'm so sorry; I didn't see your pings.
@InvaderCristi
Nope! You've been added to the ping list.
And as a note to everyone, do you guys want to keep to the order of the ping list or forgo that rule and rp as you like? (It's was mostly an attempt to keep everyone active)
~~~~~~~

Richard finished laying out the last of the nearly still molten blobs of caramel to cool. He checked over the pans one more time before stowing them carefully on a tall cooling rack. He decided he could wrap them later. Perhaps in the morning so he would have something to do.

He had fussed over the fire for the better part of the day, tending it constantly until it was an appropriate temperature for candy making. He set about cleaning up, leaving that wouldn't do - he didn't want to attract any pests. He stopped when he came to the cans of sweetened condensed milk and ran a fat finger around the edge before holding it to his belly and licking it clean.

He loved pretty much all sweets, but anything with the sugary liquid in it was a massive weakness of his. His partner had threatened to lock all the cans in a safe on more than one occasion.

He closed his massive red eye and suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. He floated to the trash and dropped the empty can in it. He tied the bag off since it was getting full and hauled it over his shoulder like it weighed nothing. He opened the door to make his, completely lost in his own thoughts.

Despite what his siblings had warned him about, he had gotten attached to the little human that often explored the haunted woods. She was fearless and bold and very unaware of her own mortality. He found her fascinating, and instead of fear him, she befriended him instead. She visited him in the woods and one day he followed her home. The rest was history.

She had held out so long; he thought she would make it. Then one day she got sick. She didn't get better.
OOC: @SunstonePhoenix @kamiden
Oh my goodness guys, I'm so sorry; I didn't see your pings.
@InvaderCristi
Nope! You've been added to the ping list.
And as a note to everyone, do you guys want to keep to the order of the ping list or forgo that rule and rp as you like? (It's was mostly an attempt to keep everyone active)
~~~~~~~

Richard finished laying out the last of the nearly still molten blobs of caramel to cool. He checked over the pans one more time before stowing them carefully on a tall cooling rack. He decided he could wrap them later. Perhaps in the morning so he would have something to do.

He had fussed over the fire for the better part of the day, tending it constantly until it was an appropriate temperature for candy making. He set about cleaning up, leaving that wouldn't do - he didn't want to attract any pests. He stopped when he came to the cans of sweetened condensed milk and ran a fat finger around the edge before holding it to his belly and licking it clean.

He loved pretty much all sweets, but anything with the sugary liquid in it was a massive weakness of his. His partner had threatened to lock all the cans in a safe on more than one occasion.

He closed his massive red eye and suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. He floated to the trash and dropped the empty can in it. He tied the bag off since it was getting full and hauled it over his shoulder like it weighed nothing. He opened the door to make his, completely lost in his own thoughts.

Despite what his siblings had warned him about, he had gotten attached to the little human that often explored the haunted woods. She was fearless and bold and very unaware of her own mortality. He found her fascinating, and instead of fear him, she befriended him instead. She visited him in the woods and one day he followed her home. The rest was history.

She had held out so long; he thought she would make it. Then one day she got sick. She didn't get better.
wpEE9mo.png
(( @Watchdog Well, considering you already skipped over APotatoDragon it may be for the best, heheh~. Granted, they haven't posted for three days now.))
(( @Watchdog Well, considering you already skipped over APotatoDragon it may be for the best, heheh~. Granted, they haven't posted for three days now.))
tumblr_md4lyzCNNj1qlajmo.gifwhole_dang_mystery_gang_by_rainslick-d85c9wp.gifbill__cipher__px___by_v_faby_v-d6cal7h.gif
@SunstonePhoenix @kamiden @Watchdog yo guys we all meeting up.
~

Mango was starting to get hungrier. He had only found water helpful for his thirst, not his hunger. He had a bad run in with a Mightyena, and he had to leave the lake's surroundings. So now, he was back to how he started. No food, no water, hallucinating...

He was starting to see things, like an oasis with trees and water, fruits and mangos! Mangos... He flopped onto the ground, exhausted. He looked around. There was a small town ahead of him, the houses in it looked dilapidated, roofs were cracked and walls weren't walls anymore. But there was a poke mart. He breathed heavily, watching a rat-type run past him.

There was only one thing to do before ravaging what was left of the town.

He regret it, yes. He saw the blood from his, now red fur, drip. He began crying softly. He had just killed another Pokemon. His own kind.

He forgot quickly when he found out that the small town wasn't solitary at all.

"What the..?"
@SunstonePhoenix @kamiden @Watchdog yo guys we all meeting up.
~

Mango was starting to get hungrier. He had only found water helpful for his thirst, not his hunger. He had a bad run in with a Mightyena, and he had to leave the lake's surroundings. So now, he was back to how he started. No food, no water, hallucinating...

He was starting to see things, like an oasis with trees and water, fruits and mangos! Mangos... He flopped onto the ground, exhausted. He looked around. There was a small town ahead of him, the houses in it looked dilapidated, roofs were cracked and walls weren't walls anymore. But there was a poke mart. He breathed heavily, watching a rat-type run past him.

There was only one thing to do before ravaging what was left of the town.

He regret it, yes. He saw the blood from his, now red fur, drip. He began crying softly. He had just killed another Pokemon. His own kind.

He forgot quickly when he found out that the small town wasn't solitary at all.

"What the..?"
tumblr_no0eo2246s1tjsogwo1_500.gif
((@SunstonePhoenix your turn, i think?))
((@SunstonePhoenix your turn, i think?))
@kamiden

((I am very sorry. I thought that it would be good practice for me to write two characters at once, but I can't really handle trying to write two perspectives at one time. Do you have any opinions on which character was the most interesting? I will just have to drop the other one for now.))
@kamiden

((I am very sorry. I thought that it would be good practice for me to write two characters at once, but I can't really handle trying to write two perspectives at one time. Do you have any opinions on which character was the most interesting? I will just have to drop the other one for now.))

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
((@SunstonePhoenix Hey no pressure. And it seems like catchfly would be more self dependant, if you don't want to handle a baby in the apocalypse ;;))
((@SunstonePhoenix Hey no pressure. And it seems like catchfly would be more self dependant, if you don't want to handle a baby in the apocalypse ;;))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8