Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Nature Walk (private)
Private with @ConjunxEndura [center][img]http://i61.tinypic.com/24dla4z.jpg[/img] The female Guardian had slipped out of her dwelling just as the sun was rising through the canopy of the Behemoth. Almost everyone else in the clan was still sleeping, but herself and a select few were early risers. She said a silent prayer to the Gladekeeper for a beautiful day and luck with her plans; she was going out to gather plants for healing salves. Some of the younger drakes had been roughhousing lately and got a few bad cuts. With a good-bye nod to Mockingjay, Mosshide spread her great wings and took to the skies to start her journey. It didn't take long for her to reach Sunbeam Ruins, but she took a moment to revel in the warm sunlight on her back as she soared over the dragons of the Light flight. Personally, she wasn't sure why dragons didn't band together as one strong force, but she always wanted everyone to get along. The others said that her motherly behavior was so strange for a Fire hatchling, but she felt the Glademother through every inch of her being ever since she stepped foot in her clan. Setting herself down in a small patch of trees near the border of The Tangled Wood, the Guardian set to her collecting, humming a soft tune to herself as she worked. A bird or small animal would skitter by to investigate what she was doing in their home, but she meant them no harm on this day. She had even brought along a pouch of seeds to feed the more adventurous critters. [color=green][b]"Don't be shy, little ones. I've got enough for everyone."[/color][/b] Every now and then she would hear a grumbling sound or see a flash of movement near the darker edge of the border, but nothing ever wanted to come out of hiding. The creatures of the Shadow realm were quite mysterious at times, and she had not studied many of them. Mosshide did know of a few good plants within The Wood, though, so maybe a trip nextdoor wouldn't be such a bad idea.[/center]
Private with @ConjunxEndura
24dla4z.jpg

The female Guardian had slipped out of her dwelling just as the sun was rising through the canopy of the Behemoth. Almost everyone else in the clan was still sleeping, but herself and a select few were early risers. She said a silent prayer to the Gladekeeper for a beautiful day and luck with her plans; she was going out to gather plants for healing salves. Some of the younger drakes had been roughhousing lately and got a few bad cuts. With a good-bye nod to Mockingjay, Mosshide spread her great wings and took to the skies to start her journey.

It didn't take long for her to reach Sunbeam Ruins, but she took a moment to revel in the warm sunlight on her back as she soared over the dragons of the Light flight. Personally, she wasn't sure why dragons didn't band together as one strong force, but she always wanted everyone to get along. The others said that her motherly behavior was so strange for a Fire hatchling, but she felt the Glademother through every inch of her being ever since she stepped foot in her clan.

Setting herself down in a small patch of trees near the border of The Tangled Wood, the Guardian set to her collecting, humming a soft tune to herself as she worked. A bird or small animal would skitter by to investigate what she was doing in their home, but she meant them no harm on this day. She had even brought along a pouch of seeds to feed the more adventurous critters. "Don't be shy, little ones. I've got enough for everyone."

Every now and then she would hear a grumbling sound or see a flash of movement near the darker edge of the border, but nothing ever wanted to come out of hiding. The creatures of the Shadow realm were quite mysterious at times, and she had not studied many of them. Mosshide did know of a few good plants within The Wood, though, so maybe a trip nextdoor wouldn't be such a bad idea.
|| @Brachyurus ||

A young Imperial Male rushed out among the woods. Weaving about of the creaking trees. The darkened woods shaded his colours of skin, the on coming glowing plants offered a dimmed light when passing by. The hisses and sounds of pattering paws among the forest floor grew as Pastel further into the forest. The eyes of the young offered a dim glow. The young male came to skidding stop with a yelp of hitting a tree. Resting all four upon the ground, he walked from the tree, with a growl. Pastel scanned the tree with a last look, walking past it. "It could have been worse. It could been some.. Some.. Owlcat thing." The young male shuddered at the thought, but with a grab of a stick with his tail, he began to swing it with pride, looking to the coming stump. "But! Not to worry, I will stand my ground and take on the Owlcat! I'll do it for clan!" He shouted with a echo to follow by. Creatures of the forest responded with chatter of howls, and moans, and groans.

Stopping at a pond; The tail flickered with interest, dipping pond with the tip of his tail. As the liquid brightened the pond, the tip of his tail mimicked the action of the pond. The young one chuckled, chasing the glowing spot. Coming to a tumble with a laugh, Pastel stood with a shake of his body, wings spreading as he stretched out.

The smell of mixture of spring made Pastel yawn with a sneeze. Shaking his head, he tumbled to the ground, rolling around with another sneeze. "I mustn't be far from the boarder." The young one was tempted to explore. Hell, he was holding back every single one of his muscle not to move forward. The stories of what the adults say, it made him cringe. But to be held in, unable to explore the other wonders of this world, his home, it bothered him. It made him feel locked away and shut out.

Looking around, Pastel stood on his hind legs. "This, this is the day, the day where I, Pastel shall venture in the unknown and will make my mark! Where I face on the evils and dangerous and mysterious! I will be awesome." The young dragon began to rush off. The smell only began to intensify each passing minute. He came to skidding stop, digging his claws into dirt. He was in awe.

Pastel stood quite a distance from the boarder, but the sounds of his home distanced as the woodland creatures filled his ears. He rested, sniffing in the change of air quality. The breeze grazing across his skin. Pastel looked to back of his paw, the colours showing a bit more colour than it did in the shadowed woods.

Sitting on his hind legs, Pastel's tail flickered. He paused, looking around, before taking his steps with caution. Taking hold on stick, thick but not to big, to carry as a weapon, because you can never be to careful, would keep in a crouching position, with a slow movement towards his target area. The breeze grew strong, but perfect for flight. The cold dampen feel switched to a warm dry feel. Each step offered something new for him to experience.

|| @Brachyurus ||

A young Imperial Male rushed out among the woods. Weaving about of the creaking trees. The darkened woods shaded his colours of skin, the on coming glowing plants offered a dimmed light when passing by. The hisses and sounds of pattering paws among the forest floor grew as Pastel further into the forest. The eyes of the young offered a dim glow. The young male came to skidding stop with a yelp of hitting a tree. Resting all four upon the ground, he walked from the tree, with a growl. Pastel scanned the tree with a last look, walking past it. "It could have been worse. It could been some.. Some.. Owlcat thing." The young male shuddered at the thought, but with a grab of a stick with his tail, he began to swing it with pride, looking to the coming stump. "But! Not to worry, I will stand my ground and take on the Owlcat! I'll do it for clan!" He shouted with a echo to follow by. Creatures of the forest responded with chatter of howls, and moans, and groans.

Stopping at a pond; The tail flickered with interest, dipping pond with the tip of his tail. As the liquid brightened the pond, the tip of his tail mimicked the action of the pond. The young one chuckled, chasing the glowing spot. Coming to a tumble with a laugh, Pastel stood with a shake of his body, wings spreading as he stretched out.

The smell of mixture of spring made Pastel yawn with a sneeze. Shaking his head, he tumbled to the ground, rolling around with another sneeze. "I mustn't be far from the boarder." The young one was tempted to explore. Hell, he was holding back every single one of his muscle not to move forward. The stories of what the adults say, it made him cringe. But to be held in, unable to explore the other wonders of this world, his home, it bothered him. It made him feel locked away and shut out.

Looking around, Pastel stood on his hind legs. "This, this is the day, the day where I, Pastel shall venture in the unknown and will make my mark! Where I face on the evils and dangerous and mysterious! I will be awesome." The young dragon began to rush off. The smell only began to intensify each passing minute. He came to skidding stop, digging his claws into dirt. He was in awe.

Pastel stood quite a distance from the boarder, but the sounds of his home distanced as the woodland creatures filled his ears. He rested, sniffing in the change of air quality. The breeze grazing across his skin. Pastel looked to back of his paw, the colours showing a bit more colour than it did in the shadowed woods.

Sitting on his hind legs, Pastel's tail flickered. He paused, looking around, before taking his steps with caution. Taking hold on stick, thick but not to big, to carry as a weapon, because you can never be to careful, would keep in a crouching position, with a slow movement towards his target area. The breeze grew strong, but perfect for flight. The cold dampen feel switched to a warm dry feel. Each step offered something new for him to experience.

ipd4WkU.jpg
@ConjunxEndura
As Mosshide went about collecting the different plants necessary for her clan, she seemed totally invested in her work as if nothing in the outside world was bothering her. However, she was indeed aware of her surroundings. It was a special talent of hers, entering a meditative-like state to clear her mind but to also allow all of her senses to take in everything in the world. Some of the hatchlings believed her to have eyes in the back of her head, and that was how she knew of all the trouble they were getting into. Of course, there wasn't any fact in that.

A small flock of birds fluttered out from the trees, breaking into the sunlight and flying off to some other place. Their movement was erratic and not typical of birds flying off because they were bored of their current perch. Amber eyes scanned the treeline for what must have scared them off. A chocolate ferret came scampering out, but it seemed to be running from something just like the birds. What was bothering these poor creatures?

The Guardian stretched out her neck as she took a few steps closer to the darkness, testing the air for any foreboding scent. Nothing smelled out of the ordinary or particularly dangerous, though there was a dank odor that emanated from the Wood. That was just its natural smell, but she knew that there had to be something in there. She was rather large, so not much ever scared her - especially with some of the rougher males in her clan. She could hold her own pretty well if things came down to danger.

Just as she had decided to venture into the Shadow realm, a young Imperial stepped out of the shadows. He was brightly colored, such a shame for his scales to be hidden in the dark. He had the eyes of Wind, but a dragon's eyes did not bond them to any particular flight. With a tilt of her head, she gave him a smile. "Hello there. I hope I haven't frightened you. I was just wondering what was scaring all the animals." Her eyes caught the sight of the stick in the grip of his tail. "A weapon? You must be on some great adventure."
@ConjunxEndura
As Mosshide went about collecting the different plants necessary for her clan, she seemed totally invested in her work as if nothing in the outside world was bothering her. However, she was indeed aware of her surroundings. It was a special talent of hers, entering a meditative-like state to clear her mind but to also allow all of her senses to take in everything in the world. Some of the hatchlings believed her to have eyes in the back of her head, and that was how she knew of all the trouble they were getting into. Of course, there wasn't any fact in that.

A small flock of birds fluttered out from the trees, breaking into the sunlight and flying off to some other place. Their movement was erratic and not typical of birds flying off because they were bored of their current perch. Amber eyes scanned the treeline for what must have scared them off. A chocolate ferret came scampering out, but it seemed to be running from something just like the birds. What was bothering these poor creatures?

The Guardian stretched out her neck as she took a few steps closer to the darkness, testing the air for any foreboding scent. Nothing smelled out of the ordinary or particularly dangerous, though there was a dank odor that emanated from the Wood. That was just its natural smell, but she knew that there had to be something in there. She was rather large, so not much ever scared her - especially with some of the rougher males in her clan. She could hold her own pretty well if things came down to danger.

Just as she had decided to venture into the Shadow realm, a young Imperial stepped out of the shadows. He was brightly colored, such a shame for his scales to be hidden in the dark. He had the eyes of Wind, but a dragon's eyes did not bond them to any particular flight. With a tilt of her head, she gave him a smile. "Hello there. I hope I haven't frightened you. I was just wondering what was scaring all the animals." Her eyes caught the sight of the stick in the grip of his tail. "A weapon? You must be on some great adventure."
@Brachyurus
He paused. Pointing the stick into the direction of the Guardian. Looking to the stick, Pastel rested the firm twig to the floor of the dirt. Pastel's tail flickered in a repeated speed with a pause. "Of course not.." He paused. He looked away to hide the lie, yet he confessed. "I.. Was a bit. Strangers can vary in both of the good and bad scale." Pastel pushed the stick to his hind leg. "The.. Animals? Oh, the animals." The young one looked back to his shadowed realm. Looking back, the male took hold of the stick, lightly dragging it among the ground to draw. "I was running around, making a lot of noise, but it was quite fun." Pastel lowered his neck with a tilt of his head as he watched the stick create patterns.

He did give a chuckle. 'Weapon'. The adults of his lair would have a good laugh at his tiny attempt of being something that was far to reach, or as some would speak of. It was hard to search for a form of acceptance. Being young, it got him nowhere. No voice, always pushed and shoved. Looking the Guardian, he offered a smile. "It's nothing special, but it gives me somewhat a good amount of protection." He did perk at the sound of adventure. The young male offered a grin. "It's nothing big but it's pretty fun adventure so far. Making new discoveries and new acquaintances." The male dropped his stick. Pouncing from spot to spot. "Taking on enemies, and fighting for good!" On his fourth pounce, he took a misstep, tumbling to his side with a yelp. "Arg--" He slowly stood on all fours, to stand up on his hind legs, the male shook out his body. "..And getting dirty and learning from my mistakes." He chuckled, resting upon the cool ground.

Pastel stretched his wings out, pulling them in to roll around upon the ground. "I don't see people like you around often. You're... Different. Not in a bad or good way, more in a puzzling way. Where do you come from? What's your name? Why are you out here at the edge of the boarder? They say it's dangerous." Pastel paused, resting upside down. He let out an amused laugh. "You look like a bat. Well, in the reference of being upside down, not the looks, but you do look nice." He hoped not sound as it he was insulting the Guardian. He let out of huff to which turned into a sneeze.
@Brachyurus
He paused. Pointing the stick into the direction of the Guardian. Looking to the stick, Pastel rested the firm twig to the floor of the dirt. Pastel's tail flickered in a repeated speed with a pause. "Of course not.." He paused. He looked away to hide the lie, yet he confessed. "I.. Was a bit. Strangers can vary in both of the good and bad scale." Pastel pushed the stick to his hind leg. "The.. Animals? Oh, the animals." The young one looked back to his shadowed realm. Looking back, the male took hold of the stick, lightly dragging it among the ground to draw. "I was running around, making a lot of noise, but it was quite fun." Pastel lowered his neck with a tilt of his head as he watched the stick create patterns.

He did give a chuckle. 'Weapon'. The adults of his lair would have a good laugh at his tiny attempt of being something that was far to reach, or as some would speak of. It was hard to search for a form of acceptance. Being young, it got him nowhere. No voice, always pushed and shoved. Looking the Guardian, he offered a smile. "It's nothing special, but it gives me somewhat a good amount of protection." He did perk at the sound of adventure. The young male offered a grin. "It's nothing big but it's pretty fun adventure so far. Making new discoveries and new acquaintances." The male dropped his stick. Pouncing from spot to spot. "Taking on enemies, and fighting for good!" On his fourth pounce, he took a misstep, tumbling to his side with a yelp. "Arg--" He slowly stood on all fours, to stand up on his hind legs, the male shook out his body. "..And getting dirty and learning from my mistakes." He chuckled, resting upon the cool ground.

Pastel stretched his wings out, pulling them in to roll around upon the ground. "I don't see people like you around often. You're... Different. Not in a bad or good way, more in a puzzling way. Where do you come from? What's your name? Why are you out here at the edge of the boarder? They say it's dangerous." Pastel paused, resting upside down. He let out an amused laugh. "You look like a bat. Well, in the reference of being upside down, not the looks, but you do look nice." He hoped not sound as it he was insulting the Guardian. He let out of huff to which turned into a sneeze.
ipd4WkU.jpg