Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MJ] Journey to Jamboree (WINNERS!!)
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 61 62
B.
The Dunhoof and Longneck are busy, and yelling up into the sky could be interpreted as rude and possibly not even heard. Best to approach the Serthis.
B.
The Dunhoof and Longneck are busy, and yelling up into the sky could be interpreted as rude and possibly not even heard. Best to approach the Serthis.
X3rxC3C.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11223925] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/112240/11223925_350.png[/img] [/url] Chava was extremely grumpy, because the dumb Guardian she was stuck with had gone and used the fabric she'd wanted for the tail of her kite to hold [i]food,[/i] and then of course it hadn't worked, but she hadn't gotten her kite back either, because of course, it was also their map. So that morning she was stalking along a little ways behind Holly, and every time the Guardian looked back at her, her frills went all the way back and she suppressed the urge to hiss. "Hmm," said Holly, "the path's washed out, but maybe we can find someone to help us out." "Maybe," said Chava sulkily. "Why don't you go that way and I'll go this way," said Holly, "and we can meet back here at noon?" "Hmph," said Chava, and she turned and went off in the other direction without another word. Sulking and hunting was not a very effective combination, but she did manage to come across a few tasty snacks. She spotted a blotch of heat in the distance with her other eyes, and as she approached, saw that it was a centaur gathering... something. Chava supposed she'd make a good guide, but she looked busy, and also probably not very interesting. There was also a good chance Holly would approve of the choice, so she was definitely out. Hmm. She scanned the breezy meadow, looking for movement and heat, and finally she spotted a Serthis basking in the bright spring sun. Chava picked her way towards the Serthis and pounced, careful to scoop the snake woman up in her fangs without harming her. Then she scampered back to show her prize to Holly, who would [i]so[/i] not approve. The Serthis, for her part, struggled and swore the whole way. (She even called Chava an overgrown pink podid, and Chava had trouble not laughing at that.) When she got to the place Holly wanted to meet her, she dumped the Serthis unceremoniously down onto the ground. "What do you want with me?" demanded the Serthis. "You're going to be sorry when the rest of my clan finds me! We'll turn you into luggage!" "I want you to be our guide!" said Chava. "Ahahaha, Holly's gonna be [i]so mad.[/i]" "What?" The Serthis' face twisted in that way that Chava had learned meant fear or anger. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?" She tried to slither away, but Chava was too fast for her, and now her good mood was back, because this was a really fun game! "[i]WHAT ARE YOU DOING?[/i]" demanded Holly's voice from behind her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8944100] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89442/8944100_350.png[/img] [/url] "Um," said Chava, cringing back. The Serthis took the opportunity to escape. "She's usually not like this," she heard Holly say to someone else -- a [b](C.) Longneck armed with a skirmisher's staff[/b]. "I have no idea what's gotten into her." Holly's tone and her glare were both as icy as her appearance. "Aw, I was just having fun, I wasn't gonna hurt her for real," said Chava. "Our clan leaders would be [i]ashamed[/i] of you," said Holly. "[i]Antagonizing[/i] the poor beast like that!" "Um. I won't do it again?" said Chava. "...Especially not if you don't tell them!" she added brightly. Holly rolled her eyes at this. "She's young," she told the slightly worried-looking Longneck. "And usually not cruel like that. I shouldn't have let her go off on her own, I don't know what I was thinking." Chava wanted to bristle at that, but it was kind of true. So she trudged along in silence besides Holly and the Longneck, feeling like a stupid jerk while Holly made excuses for her. [b][C.][/b]

11223925_350.png

Chava was extremely grumpy, because the dumb Guardian she was stuck with had gone and used the fabric she'd wanted for the tail of her kite to hold food, and then of course it hadn't worked, but she hadn't gotten her kite back either, because of course, it was also their map. So that morning she was stalking along a little ways behind Holly, and every time the Guardian looked back at her, her frills went all the way back and she suppressed the urge to hiss.

"Hmm," said Holly, "the path's washed out, but maybe we can find someone to help us out."

"Maybe," said Chava sulkily.

"Why don't you go that way and I'll go this way," said Holly, "and we can meet back here at noon?"

"Hmph," said Chava, and she turned and went off in the other direction without another word.

Sulking and hunting was not a very effective combination, but she did manage to come across a few tasty snacks. She spotted a blotch of heat in the distance with her other eyes, and as she approached, saw that it was a centaur gathering... something. Chava supposed she'd make a good guide, but she looked busy, and also probably not very interesting. There was also a good chance Holly would approve of the choice, so she was definitely out.

Hmm. She scanned the breezy meadow, looking for movement and heat, and finally she spotted a Serthis basking in the bright spring sun. Chava picked her way towards the Serthis and pounced, careful to scoop the snake woman up in her fangs without harming her. Then she scampered back to show her prize to Holly, who would so not approve.

The Serthis, for her part, struggled and swore the whole way. (She even called Chava an overgrown pink podid, and Chava had trouble not laughing at that.) When she got to the place Holly wanted to meet her, she dumped the Serthis unceremoniously down onto the ground.

"What do you want with me?" demanded the Serthis. "You're going to be sorry when the rest of my clan finds me! We'll turn you into luggage!"

"I want you to be our guide!" said Chava. "Ahahaha, Holly's gonna be so mad."

"What?" The Serthis' face twisted in that way that Chava had learned meant fear or anger. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?" She tried to slither away, but Chava was too fast for her, and now her good mood was back, because this was a really fun game!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" demanded Holly's voice from behind her.

8944100_350.png

"Um," said Chava, cringing back.

The Serthis took the opportunity to escape.

"She's usually not like this," she heard Holly say to someone else -- a (C.) Longneck armed with a skirmisher's staff. "I have no idea what's gotten into her." Holly's tone and her glare were both as icy as her appearance.

"Aw, I was just having fun, I wasn't gonna hurt her for real," said Chava.

"Our clan leaders would be ashamed of you," said Holly. "Antagonizing the poor beast like that!"

"Um. I won't do it again?" said Chava. "...Especially not if you don't tell them!" she added brightly.

Holly rolled her eyes at this. "She's young," she told the slightly worried-looking Longneck. "And usually not cruel like that. I shouldn't have let her go off on her own, I don't know what I was thinking."

Chava wanted to bristle at that, but it was kind of true. So she trudged along in silence besides Holly and the Longneck, feeling like a stupid jerk while Holly made excuses for her.

[C.]
xmas%20in%20july%20badge.gifcryotherapy%20badge.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8884511] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88846/8884511_350.png[/img] [/url] Melicert always enjoyed a good story; after all, why else would he have chosen the art of writing as his own profession? Simplistic as they were, he enjoyed the tales he read in the book of fables--"The Snapper and the Spiral" was a childhood favorite, and the version in this book was different from any of the other versions he had seen before... But he couldn't dwell on it. Still, the thought of reading the rest gave him motivation to travel just that much faster. But when he got lost--[i]again[/i]--at the bottom of the Reedcleft Ascent, his mood dampened quite a bit. This just wasn't going to be easy, was it? And...Beastclans. Of [i]course[/i] there would be Beastclans. But as much as his pride wanted him to simply ignore them and push forward, his promises to bring souvenirs back to the rest of the clan needed him to at least try to ask for directions. He examined his options, and the choice was obvious. Most Beastclans were hostile to dragons, and Melicert had no reason to believe that the slithering Serthis, lunching Longneck, or high-flying Harpy would be any different. Dunhoof centaurs, however, were long-standing allies to dragons. He calmly approached [b]the Dappled Dunhoof who’s hastily gathering a bundle of dry branches ((A))[/b], hoping that she wouldn't be too busy, or that he could at least make it up to her without taking up too much time...

8884511_350.png

Melicert always enjoyed a good story; after all, why else would he have chosen the art of writing as his own profession? Simplistic as they were, he enjoyed the tales he read in the book of fables--"The Snapper and the Spiral" was a childhood favorite, and the version in this book was different from any of the other versions he had seen before...

But he couldn't dwell on it. Still, the thought of reading the rest gave him motivation to travel just that much faster.

But when he got lost--again--at the bottom of the Reedcleft Ascent, his mood dampened quite a bit. This just wasn't going to be easy, was it?

And...Beastclans. Of course there would be Beastclans. But as much as his pride wanted him to simply ignore them and push forward, his promises to bring souvenirs back to the rest of the clan needed him to at least try to ask for directions.

He examined his options, and the choice was obvious. Most Beastclans were hostile to dragons, and Melicert had no reason to believe that the slithering Serthis, lunching Longneck, or high-flying Harpy would be any different. Dunhoof centaurs, however, were long-standing allies to dragons. He calmly approached the Dappled Dunhoof who’s hastily gathering a bundle of dry branches ((A)), hoping that she wouldn't be too busy, or that he could at least make it up to her without taking up too much time...
em6w7kr.gif
IbBoqrd.png
2uhpogl.jpg
GLORY TO THE DREAMERS
5QvVNEC.png
A
Don't feel like rp tonight
A
Don't feel like rp tonight
1Tdrm4y.pngo3rXXkG.gif
Ilya takes what she considers the obvious approach this time. The Dunhoofs are by and large friendly to dragons, even if other centaurs have developed doubts about the alliance. She darts over. "Good day to you! Can I lend a claw? And after that, do you think you could point me toward the Mistral Jamboree celebrations?" she says to A. The Dappled Dunhoof who’s hastily gathering a bundle of dry branches.
Ilya takes what she considers the obvious approach this time. The Dunhoofs are by and large friendly to dragons, even if other centaurs have developed doubts about the alliance. She darts over. "Good day to you! Can I lend a claw? And after that, do you think you could point me toward the Mistral Jamboree celebrations?" she says to A. The Dappled Dunhoof who’s hastily gathering a bundle of dry branches.
cRmXRTj.pnggEwjJcC.pngmYGe85O.png
(C. The Longneck Skirmisher eating a lunch of fruit and berries.)
(C. The Longneck Skirmisher eating a lunch of fruit and berries.)
Rule #1:
There are always exceptions to the rules.

KnCHVU9.png
J9uDXUp.png

//
tumblr_inline_ny1gxqcPe11qmzhvw_540.png
//

I never saw my shadow till I saw the light
now I need more light to drown it out
-Massivivid
answer D

I don't know if I'm submitting this to late ;_; of so then I'm sorry!
answer D

I don't know if I'm submitting this to late ;_; of so then I'm sorry!
7az1aeY.gif
@DaffyD
Yes, sorry :( unfortunately the deadline is midnight and you posted past 1am. We will soon have another question for you to answer, though. Today's post is running a bit late but we're working on it :)
@DaffyD
Yes, sorry :( unfortunately the deadline is midnight and you posted past 1am. We will soon have another question for you to answer, though. Today's post is running a bit late but we're working on it :)
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/5xC5Z7q.png[/img][/center] Check your updated standings [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cowtLv0lD-KA0e9dqjq0RkWSKdJoVfwSFPD2Ot62sUE/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. Worried that your ribbon count is low and you won't be able to catch up? Don't worry, you will still receive a small daily prize for each question answered! [rule] [center][size=7][b][color=#61ab89]Results of Scene Three[/color][/b][/size][/center] [b][color=#61ab89]If you chose A...[/color][/b] [size=2]@Argentdayl @clanguardian @Murn @Stickynotes @Tallinier @Kohva @Meredith44 @FloatingInSpace @Leafia @Liatai @Talicinx @BeingOfNature @Dragonweaver @Drav @EllieAlice @InuKimi @Kalideoscope @MissMokushiroku @msimamizizam @Munchie279 @Schefflera @SilverKunama @Toothless @Weenyah @Zixi @Eialyne @felistopaz @Gwynbleidd @Canisa @eeriansadow[/size] You call out to the centaur. Her head snaps up and her hoofs beat the ground nervously as you ask for directions. You’re not sure she understands what you’re saying, and the more you gesticulate to try and explain, the tenser she becomes. When you try to approach her, to explain that you mean her no harm, the centaur drops the bundle of firewood and gallops away. In dismay, you look around: the other Beastclan members have also taken flight, as if afraid of a dragon attack. Unfortunately you have nobody to guide you to the summit now, and by the time you reach the Mistral Jamboree all the fun events are going to be over… [b][color=#61ab89]If you chose B...[/color][/b] [size=2]@ScrivenerRook @WingedElf @NotHarvard @cookiecutter @Skylark13 @HolliKyo @sei @HunterGatherer @KalaFenume @ogma @Rubisco @Severina @Stormdragon @Zymphe @Chocoli @Circade @owlsong @rosedragoness @KuraikoDesu @pangolinparade @MindfangSerket @Snek[/size] The Opheodrys Serthis listens to your question and nods, hissing something in his foreign language. He guides you around the cliffs, to a place where a path has been smoothed out by the steps of countless dragons. This must be the path that everyone else used! The Serthis accompanies you to the very top of the plateau, as if the two of you are taking a companionable stroll together. You don’t speak each other’s language, but you manage to communicate with a mix of miming and gesturing. At the end of the path your guide flicks his tail, pointing to your destination. Far away you can see the Twisted Crescendo, tinged blue by the distance. Thanks to the help of your new friend, you’re on the right track! [b][color=#61ab89]If you chose C...[/color][/b] [size=2]@Sketchpad @DragonflyDevi @azurillturtle @GhostQueen13 @aerisonus @kahlannightwing @LaraAelric @LilacDreams @silverdrake @Steex @StopTheBats @whamm @JinxMoonstone @Biohazardia @cobaltstorm @Crunchypuff @GXLR @Melis @rocketgirl2 @Ruffian @someoneghost @Ulu @HiccupsLeftLeg @Nihilo @Kaesa @Nightly @StrykeSlammerII @Temerity @tincanicarus[/size] At first you think the Longneck is ignoring you, but eventually they toss aside the core of their apple and they motion for you to follow. You scramble after the Longneck as they lead you over a steep and narrow trail that you would have never been able to discover on your own. You’re slow and you often stumble on the uneven terrain, while your guide jumps agilely from rock to rock. Luckily, your long legs enable you to keep you! Finally, very winded by the ascent, you reach the top of the plateau. You huff and puff, trying to catch your breath. Before you even manage to thank them, the Longneck disappears down another steep path. Despite their brusque manner, the Longneck guided you to your destination. The Twisting Crescendo -- and the Mistral Jamboree -- are close! [b][color=#61ab89]If you chose D...[/color][/b] [size=2]@HailfireAlicorn @UserOfShadows @crayaura @Thewarywatcher13 @Luna @packook @Shelie @beautifulglitter @EssyDante @Foxlover19 @LexiLopezi @LightCrusader @lome @MissjuliaMiriam @Serendipital @Amulet @sharikak[/size] At first you think the Harpy is flying too far away to hear your shouted questions, but after a while she swoops down and points you towards a narrow path, half hidden by the grass and the bamboo. You start your ascent, following the Harpy’s indications. It’s a tough climb and soon you’re out of breath and completely disorientated by the twisting path that you’re following. After what feels like hours you finally reach the top of the plateau. You looking around, trying to get your bearings, but with dismay you realize that you’re miles away from the Twisting Crescendo, almost at the edge of Shifting Expanse. The Masked Harpy has played a cruel trick on you! She cackles and flies away, leaving you stranded and far away from your destination... [quote=Summary of Scene Three]Option A - Dunhoof - bad choice, 0 ribbons Option B - Serthis - best choice, 3 ribbons Option C - Longneck - good choice, 2 ribbons Option D - Harpy - bad choice, 0 ribbons[/quote] [rule] [center][size=7][b][color=#61ab89]Scene Four[/color][/b][/size][/center] You sigh to yourself as you continue walking. If only you’d known earlier about the Mistral Jamboree’s changed location! But there’s no way you can turn back now - you’ve put so much effort just to get here that you need to see it through to the end. You entertain yourself by daydreaming about all the fun things you’ll do once you get to the Jamboree. The hardest part will definitely be deciding what to do first! You’ve heard of dozens of activities, and of course you can’t forget about all the fun things you can buy for yourself at the festival. Perhaps you’ll treat yourself to some delicious food at the cooking contest, and then indulge in some new apparel at the masquerade - maybe even make some music! The choices seemed to be endless, when you heard other dragons chattering about everything that would be going on during the festival week. Unfortunately, you can’t have any fun if you’re still lost. But wait - what’s that in the distance? A signpost? You walk quickly over to it, and realize that you’ve come to a crossroads! There are four paths, all pointing in different directions from where you came. Each of the paths is equally worn-down, and they’ve clearly all been used by many traveling dragons before. Since you got directions from the beastclans, you’re not sure where you are on your map, and there doesn’t seem to be anyone nearby who you could ask for directions again. The signpost simply indicates that each path heads in a different cardinal direction: you’ll just have to guess which one will get you closest to the Cloudsong! [b][color=#61ab89]Which direction do you choose?[/color][/b] [indent]A. North, where a cool breeze is blowing clouds across the sky B. South, where you see several birds dipping and soaring in the air currents C. East, where you can see strange shapes moving across the hillside D. West, where you can see water sparkling in the afternoon sunlight[/indent] [rule] [b]DEADLINE FOR SCENE FOUR IS MARCH 26TH, 11:59PM (FR TIME).[/b] Remember that the answer you choose ([u]including what letter it is[/u]) must be very visible! Either put it in parentheses at the end, or bold your answer choice in your reply! Everyone who submits an answer will be pinged when we post the results and Scene Five. You can also ping @skyarising and ask to be put on the general pinglist. General pinglist: [size=2]@InuKimi @rosedragoness @Snek @aerisonus @Xotis @BeingofNature @Toothless @mirrordescent @circade @BlackWyld @Serendipital @moomargh @azurillturtle @HunterGatherer @LaraAelric @clanguardian @MissMokushiroku @Stormdragon @Steex @ScrivenerRook @Rheall [/size]
5xC5Z7q.png

Check your updated standings here. Worried that your ribbon count is low and you won't be able to catch up? Don't worry, you will still receive a small daily prize for each question answered!

Results of Scene Three

If you chose A...

@Argentdayl @clanguardian @Murn @Stickynotes @Tallinier @Kohva @Meredith44 @FloatingInSpace @Leafia @Liatai @Talicinx @BeingOfNature @Dragonweaver @Drav @EllieAlice @InuKimi @Kalideoscope @MissMokushiroku @msimamizizam @Munchie279 @Schefflera @SilverKunama @Toothless @Weenyah @Zixi @Eialyne @felistopaz @Gwynbleidd @Canisa @eeriansadow

You call out to the centaur. Her head snaps up and her hoofs beat the ground nervously as you ask for directions. You’re not sure she understands what you’re saying, and the more you gesticulate to try and explain, the tenser she becomes. When you try to approach her, to explain that you mean her no harm, the centaur drops the bundle of firewood and gallops away. In dismay, you look around: the other Beastclan members have also taken flight, as if afraid of a dragon attack. Unfortunately you have nobody to guide you to the summit now, and by the time you reach the Mistral Jamboree all the fun events are going to be over…

If you chose B...

@ScrivenerRook @WingedElf @NotHarvard @cookiecutter @Skylark13 @HolliKyo @sei @HunterGatherer @KalaFenume @ogma @Rubisco @Severina @Stormdragon @Zymphe @Chocoli @Circade @owlsong @rosedragoness @KuraikoDesu @pangolinparade @MindfangSerket @Snek

The Opheodrys Serthis listens to your question and nods, hissing something in his foreign language. He guides you around the cliffs, to a place where a path has been smoothed out by the steps of countless dragons. This must be the path that everyone else used! The Serthis accompanies you to the very top of the plateau, as if the two of you are taking a companionable stroll together. You don’t speak each other’s language, but you manage to communicate with a mix of miming and gesturing. At the end of the path your guide flicks his tail, pointing to your destination. Far away you can see the Twisted Crescendo, tinged blue by the distance. Thanks to the help of your new friend, you’re on the right track!

If you chose C...

@Sketchpad @DragonflyDevi @azurillturtle @GhostQueen13 @aerisonus @kahlannightwing @LaraAelric @LilacDreams @silverdrake @Steex @StopTheBats @whamm @JinxMoonstone @Biohazardia @cobaltstorm @Crunchypuff @GXLR @Melis @rocketgirl2 @Ruffian @someoneghost @Ulu @HiccupsLeftLeg @Nihilo @Kaesa @Nightly @StrykeSlammerII @Temerity @tincanicarus

At first you think the Longneck is ignoring you, but eventually they toss aside the core of their apple and they motion for you to follow. You scramble after the Longneck as they lead you over a steep and narrow trail that you would have never been able to discover on your own. You’re slow and you often stumble on the uneven terrain, while your guide jumps agilely from rock to rock. Luckily, your long legs enable you to keep you! Finally, very winded by the ascent, you reach the top of the plateau. You huff and puff, trying to catch your breath. Before you even manage to thank them, the Longneck disappears down another steep path. Despite their brusque manner, the Longneck guided you to your destination. The Twisting Crescendo -- and the Mistral Jamboree -- are close!

If you chose D...

@HailfireAlicorn @UserOfShadows @crayaura @Thewarywatcher13 @Luna @packook @Shelie @beautifulglitter @EssyDante @Foxlover19 @LexiLopezi @LightCrusader @lome @MissjuliaMiriam @Serendipital @Amulet @sharikak

At first you think the Harpy is flying too far away to hear your shouted questions, but after a while she swoops down and points you towards a narrow path, half hidden by the grass and the bamboo. You start your ascent, following the Harpy’s indications. It’s a tough climb and soon you’re out of breath and completely disorientated by the twisting path that you’re following. After what feels like hours you finally reach the top of the plateau. You looking around, trying to get your bearings, but with dismay you realize that you’re miles away from the Twisting Crescendo, almost at the edge of Shifting Expanse. The Masked Harpy has played a cruel trick on you! She cackles and flies away, leaving you stranded and far away from your destination...

Summary of Scene Three wrote:
Option A - Dunhoof - bad choice, 0 ribbons
Option B - Serthis - best choice, 3 ribbons
Option C - Longneck - good choice, 2 ribbons
Option D - Harpy - bad choice, 0 ribbons

Scene Four

You sigh to yourself as you continue walking. If only you’d known earlier about the Mistral Jamboree’s changed location! But there’s no way you can turn back now - you’ve put so much effort just to get here that you need to see it through to the end.

You entertain yourself by daydreaming about all the fun things you’ll do once you get to the Jamboree. The hardest part will definitely be deciding what to do first! You’ve heard of dozens of activities, and of course you can’t forget about all the fun things you can buy for yourself at the festival. Perhaps you’ll treat yourself to some delicious food at the cooking contest, and then indulge in some new apparel at the masquerade - maybe even make some music! The choices seemed to be endless, when you heard other dragons chattering about everything that would be going on during the festival week.

Unfortunately, you can’t have any fun if you’re still lost. But wait - what’s that in the distance? A signpost? You walk quickly over to it, and realize that you’ve come to a crossroads! There are four paths, all pointing in different directions from where you came. Each of the paths is equally worn-down, and they’ve clearly all been used by many traveling dragons before. Since you got directions from the beastclans, you’re not sure where you are on your map, and there doesn’t seem to be anyone nearby who you could ask for directions again. The signpost simply indicates that each path heads in a different cardinal direction: you’ll just have to guess which one will get you closest to the Cloudsong!

Which direction do you choose?

A. North, where a cool breeze is blowing clouds across the sky
B. South, where you see several birds dipping and soaring in the air currents
C. East, where you can see strange shapes moving across the hillside
D. West, where you can see water sparkling in the afternoon sunlight

DEADLINE FOR SCENE FOUR IS MARCH 26TH, 11:59PM (FR TIME).

Remember that the answer you choose (including what letter it is) must be very visible! Either put it in parentheses at the end, or bold your answer choice in your reply!

Everyone who submits an answer will be pinged when we post the results and Scene Five. You can also ping @skyarising and ask to be put on the general pinglist.

General pinglist: @InuKimi @rosedragoness @Snek @aerisonus @Xotis @BeingofNature @Toothless @mirrordescent @circade @BlackWyld @Serendipital @moomargh @azurillturtle @HunterGatherer @LaraAelric @clanguardian @MissMokushiroku @Stormdragon @Steex @ScrivenerRook @Rheall 
C. Because idk.
C. Because idk.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 61 62