Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Prisoners
1 2
(( @alagasianflame @ArcticWolf @EmmaStark @CaptainC Okay, I'll kick things off then. If anyone has better title suggestions, I'm all for it)) - Having held dominance over the lands for so long, the dragons are just now becoming aware of the threat in their homelands. The beastclans have long been a nuisance, creatures to be fought, and only sometimes befriended. Their recent rally into an organized fighting force is still being realized, and for some dragons, the knowledge of that threat has come too late... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6792398] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/67924/6792398_350.png[/img] [/url] Zayseshi was used to being separated from the others. She knew the wastes and what lurked there, it was one of the reasons she had been allowed to be a gatherer in the first place. She knew the threats of her homeland. She knew how to take care of herself when the others invariably moved on. She did not know what had taken her by surprise. When she awoke in the dark, she cursed her blindness, until she felt the cold stone wall in front of her face. She turned her head slowly, neck and body aching. The beads and chain around her neck dragged across the ground, and she lowered her crest in irritation at the noise. Sound, air, and the patch of light she saw as she turned, irritated her. Zay looked up, goggles smeared and blurred with dust, seeing only a sheer cliff face. She had been dumped in some kind of ravine. The air did not taste or smell familiar. She was not near her wasteland home. How far had her assailants carried her? Why not gut her after they had knocked her unconscious? Whatever had taken her had not bothered to strip the armor form her back or tail, either. Such arrogance, such foolishness. She lashed out at the wall with her claws, barely managing to score the smooth surface. There would be no climbing out of the pit she was in, at least, not from where she had been dumped. She lowered her haunches a moment before springing forward in the narrow space, trying to gain enough air to unfurl her wings for proper flight. A hum- A chant- A flash of a twirling staff- The air cracked with energy and she was tossed back down, the searing stench of ozone clinging to her scales and clothes. She heard the laughter even over her own labored breathing. [i] "Stay down, pet.[/i] No one here wants to take you for a walk."
(( @alagasianflame @ArcticWolf @EmmaStark @CaptainC

Okay, I'll kick things off then. If anyone has better title suggestions, I'm all for it))

-

Having held dominance over the lands for so long, the dragons are just now becoming aware of the threat in their homelands. The beastclans have long been a nuisance, creatures to be fought, and only sometimes befriended. Their recent rally into an organized fighting force is still being realized, and for some dragons, the knowledge of that threat has come too late...

6792398_350.png

Zayseshi was used to being separated from the others. She knew the wastes and what lurked there, it was one of the reasons she had been allowed to be a gatherer in the first place. She knew the threats of her homeland. She knew how to take care of herself when the others invariably moved on.

She did not know what had taken her by surprise.

When she awoke in the dark, she cursed her blindness, until she felt the cold stone wall in front of her face. She turned her head slowly, neck and body aching. The beads and chain around her neck dragged across the ground, and she lowered her crest in irritation at the noise. Sound, air, and the patch of light she saw as she turned, irritated her.

Zay looked up, goggles smeared and blurred with dust, seeing only a sheer cliff face. She had been dumped in some kind of ravine. The air did not taste or smell familiar. She was not near her wasteland home. How far had her assailants carried her? Why not gut her after they had knocked her unconscious? Whatever had taken her had not bothered to strip the armor form her back or tail, either. Such arrogance, such foolishness. She lashed out at the wall with her claws, barely managing to score the smooth surface. There would be no climbing out of the pit she was in, at least, not from where she had been dumped.

She lowered her haunches a moment before springing forward in the narrow space, trying to gain enough air to unfurl her wings for proper flight.

A hum-
A chant-
A flash of a twirling staff-

The air cracked with energy and she was tossed back down, the searing stench of ozone clinging to her scales and clothes.

She heard the laughter even over her own labored breathing.

"Stay down, pet.
No one here wants to take you for a walk."
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7139950] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71400/7139950_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Brimstone lowered her crest as the crack of magic shot through the darkness. She winced as she heard the dragon hit the earth, stunned. She waited for a bit, growling low at the laughing guard at the top of the ravine and listening to the heavy breaths of the other dragon. Soon, the laughter died out, leaving only the sound of her fellow prisoner. She cautiously approached the downed dragon, nose wrinkling at the smell that lingered on the other dragon's scales. She gently nudged the other with a claw. "Are you alright?" @Marzi
Brimstone lowered her crest as the crack of magic shot through the darkness. She winced as she heard the dragon hit the earth, stunned. She waited for a bit, growling low at the laughing guard at the top of the ravine and listening to the heavy breaths of the other dragon. Soon, the laughter died out, leaving only the sound of her fellow prisoner. She cautiously approached the downed dragon, nose wrinkling at the smell that lingered on the other dragon's scales. She gently nudged the other with a claw. "Are you alright?"
@Marzi
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
ca4nyRv.pngpZJYyk4.png6mVFIuV.png
gziv3Ja.pngtLCn0d0.pngEE2umbT.png
[center]((@alagasianflame @Marzi))[/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70238/7023718_350.png[/img][/center] Xoco woke with a start, heart hammering in her chest, she raised her head to find what woke her. From her left she could see the faint outline of another dragon leaning over a fallen one. She stood and winced at the pulse of pain that came from the back of her head. Her vision blurred and forced her to sit as the world spun. What had happened? One minute her and Nevan were out playing and the next... With sudden alertness she jolted up, ignoring the pain, and began to hastily glance around. Where was Nevan? He was with her the last she could remember and now he was gone. She lurched forward, toward the dragons she had spotted before and hoped they could shed some light on the situation. "H-hey! Can you help me?"
7023718_350.png

Xoco woke with a start, heart hammering in her chest, she raised her head to find what woke her. From her left she could see the faint outline of another dragon leaning over a fallen one. She stood and winced at the pulse of pain that came from the back of her head. Her vision blurred and forced her to sit as the world spun.

What had happened? One minute her and Nevan were out playing and the next...

With sudden alertness she jolted up, ignoring the pain, and began to hastily glance around. Where was Nevan? He was with her the last she could remember and now he was gone. She lurched forward, toward the dragons she had spotted before and hoped they could shed some light on the situation.

"H-hey! Can you help me?"
@Marzi @alagasianflame @EmmaStark ((Decided to only use Chill... may bring in Thaw later if situation permits though.)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6911108] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69112/6911108_350.png[/img] [/url] Everything was still. The world seemed to hold its breath. Chill laid numbly out on a flat expanse surrounded by nothing but silence and empty space, devoid of even the familiar sounds of her clanmates' breathing. Then, suddenly, there was a sharp noise and an amused laugh, followed by a sickening thud. At this, Chill opened an eye. [i]What was that?[/i] she wondered, opening both eyes. She was surprised to find herself sprawled amidst darkness, not curled beside her companions. [i]"H-hey! Can you help me?" [/i] stuttered a voice from some distance away. Chill blinked into the blackness, taking a moment to try and place the scared voice. [i]This is... I do not recognize that voice. But the noise from earlier... it almost sounded like a spell.[/i] Chill grunted, shaking her head of troubling thoughts. Bringing her head up from where it had been sitting on the hard, lifeless earth, Chill looked over her white form. She was lying on her left side with one wing trapped under her heavy body and the other half-folded over her right side. Her front legs were painfully twisted under her chest and her back legs were sprawled out to the right. [i]What happened to me?[/i] Taking a moment to collect herself, the Guardian dragon hauled her large body up off of the ground. A thin rumble escaped her slightly parted jaws as splintering pain sparked down her neck. She inhaled stiffly, hard fins fanning out with the effort, waiting for the pain to dull. It took a moment of strenuous lifting from her oddly sore muscles, but as soon as she got her clawed-feet under her, Chill stood. Opening her wings upwards, she stretched them gingerly, assuring herself that there were not any tears in them. She swished her tail and took a few steps in the direction of some movement a ways away, choosing to ignore the screaming of her tired limbs. Casting a long look around her as she meandered towards the moving forms, Chill concluded that she was nowhere near her lair. Staggering walls of rock jutted onwards and upwards for quite a ways. Chill gazed at the imposing walls on either side of her, the sheer cliff faces were free of any considerable way to climb up... perhaps later she would attempt to fly out. Not that it mattered now, though. There were some other dragons up ahead, it seemed. Now that she had ventured closer, Chill could make out two Mirrors, one looking concerned over another that was lying on the rough earth, and one Coatl, who was just skidding to a halt with alarm in her feathers. A scent reached Chill's nose, and she paced more quickly towards the other dragons. "What happened?" the massive Guardian asked the smaller dragons, coming to a stop behind them. Chill towered over the others, able to easily see the smoke rising from the downed Mirror's scales. [i]She was hit by a spell, I knew it,[/i] Chill thought.
@Marzi @alagasianflame @EmmaStark
((Decided to only use Chill... may bring in Thaw later if situation permits though.))

6911108_350.png

Everything was still. The world seemed to hold its breath.
Chill laid numbly out on a flat expanse surrounded by nothing but silence and empty space, devoid of even the familiar sounds of her clanmates' breathing.
Then, suddenly, there was a sharp noise and an amused laugh, followed by a sickening thud.

At this, Chill opened an eye. What was that? she wondered, opening both eyes. She was surprised to find herself sprawled amidst darkness, not curled beside her companions.

"H-hey! Can you help me?" stuttered a voice from some distance away. Chill blinked into the blackness, taking a moment to try and place the scared voice.
This is... I do not recognize that voice. But the noise from earlier... it almost sounded like a spell. Chill grunted, shaking her head of troubling thoughts.

Bringing her head up from where it had been sitting on the hard, lifeless earth, Chill looked over her white form. She was lying on her left side with one wing trapped under her heavy body and the other half-folded over her right side. Her front legs were painfully twisted under her chest and her back legs were sprawled out to the right.
What happened to me?
Taking a moment to collect herself, the Guardian dragon hauled her large body up off of the ground. A thin rumble escaped her slightly parted jaws as splintering pain sparked down her neck. She inhaled stiffly, hard fins fanning out with the effort, waiting for the pain to dull. It took a moment of strenuous lifting from her oddly sore muscles, but as soon as she got her clawed-feet under her, Chill stood.
Opening her wings upwards, she stretched them gingerly, assuring herself that there were not any tears in them. She swished her tail and took a few steps in the direction of some movement a ways away, choosing to ignore the screaming of her tired limbs.

Casting a long look around her as she meandered towards the moving forms, Chill concluded that she was nowhere near her lair. Staggering walls of rock jutted onwards and upwards for quite a ways. Chill gazed at the imposing walls on either side of her, the sheer cliff faces were free of any considerable way to climb up... perhaps later she would attempt to fly out.

Not that it mattered now, though. There were some other dragons up ahead, it seemed. Now that she had ventured closer, Chill could make out two Mirrors, one looking concerned over another that was lying on the rough earth, and one Coatl, who was just skidding to a halt with alarm in her feathers.

A scent reached Chill's nose, and she paced more quickly towards the other dragons. "What happened?" the massive Guardian asked the smaller dragons, coming to a stop behind them. Chill towered over the others, able to easily see the smoke rising from the downed Mirror's scales.
She was hit by a spell, I knew it, Chill thought.
DKbIJrD.gificewardensmall_zps5fe23c8a.png
@alagasianflame @articwolf @emmastark))

-

Zay opened her eyes and saw a bright orange light. That didn't make any sense. Had she smeared something orange on her goggles? After the nudge to her shoulder, she attempted to regain her feet.

Someone was beside her, and she hadn't even realized. Her muscles twitched and jumped, but her limbs held steady. She squinted at the one who had touched her, cocking her head to the side. They were looking at her as if there was a question to be answered.

Zay spun to face the source of the voice, only to see a large, white Guardian. The timid sound did not seem to have come from her.

"What happened?"

Zay moved backwards, skittering away while keeping her eyes on the newcomers. Or late comers. Or same comers. She hadn't really bothered to investigate before her jump, she had no idea how long they had been down in the ravine with her. As she moved away, she caught sight of shining, blue-green feathers. A coatl. The source of the timid voice, or some other dragon?

"Did Taerus put you up to this? Or Zuul?" It would be just like them to mess with her. The lightning strike was a bit much, though, even for them. She would have words with Khamina about this when she got home. Pranks were one thing, assaults were another.
@alagasianflame @articwolf @emmastark))

-

Zay opened her eyes and saw a bright orange light. That didn't make any sense. Had she smeared something orange on her goggles? After the nudge to her shoulder, she attempted to regain her feet.

Someone was beside her, and she hadn't even realized. Her muscles twitched and jumped, but her limbs held steady. She squinted at the one who had touched her, cocking her head to the side. They were looking at her as if there was a question to be answered.

Zay spun to face the source of the voice, only to see a large, white Guardian. The timid sound did not seem to have come from her.

"What happened?"

Zay moved backwards, skittering away while keeping her eyes on the newcomers. Or late comers. Or same comers. She hadn't really bothered to investigate before her jump, she had no idea how long they had been down in the ravine with her. As she moved away, she caught sight of shining, blue-green feathers. A coatl. The source of the timid voice, or some other dragon?

"Did Taerus put you up to this? Or Zuul?" It would be just like them to mess with her. The lightning strike was a bit much, though, even for them. She would have words with Khamina about this when she got home. Pranks were one thing, assaults were another.
Brimstone's head shot up at the call. The accent betrayed the other dragon to be Coatl. "Ah, you're awake too I see," she nodded absently. "Do me a favor and don't try to escape; don't need two of these on my hands." She gestured to the fallen mirror. A movement in her peripheral caught her infared. She looked up at the newcomer, a guardian, who was approaching her quickly.
"What Happened?"
Before she could answer, the dragon beneath her shot up and skittered away.
"Did Taerus put you up to this? Or Zuul?"
"Hey, hey, easy!" Brimstone kept her wings relaxed, crest down as to not seem aggressive. "I'll be honest with you, got no idea who those two are but I can tell you right now no dragon's got a hand in this."
@Marzi @ArcticWolf @EmmaStark
Brimstone's head shot up at the call. The accent betrayed the other dragon to be Coatl. "Ah, you're awake too I see," she nodded absently. "Do me a favor and don't try to escape; don't need two of these on my hands." She gestured to the fallen mirror. A movement in her peripheral caught her infared. She looked up at the newcomer, a guardian, who was approaching her quickly.
"What Happened?"
Before she could answer, the dragon beneath her shot up and skittered away.
"Did Taerus put you up to this? Or Zuul?"
"Hey, hey, easy!" Brimstone kept her wings relaxed, crest down as to not seem aggressive. "I'll be honest with you, got no idea who those two are but I can tell you right now no dragon's got a hand in this."
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
Xoco shifted nervously between the large and imposing Guardian and crackle decorated Mirror. 'no dragon's got a hand in this'? What did that mean? Who could have done this to them then? And where was Nevan? Was be back home in the Everbloom Gardens?

"If dragons didn't do this, then who did?" Xoco asked nervously.
Xoco shifted nervously between the large and imposing Guardian and crackle decorated Mirror. 'no dragon's got a hand in this'? What did that mean? Who could have done this to them then? And where was Nevan? Was be back home in the Everbloom Gardens?

"If dragons didn't do this, then who did?" Xoco asked nervously.

"No dragon, eh?" Chill murmured, falling silent as the Coatl piped up the question that was surely on everyone's mind:
Who did this?
Why were they all here? Was there a legitamate reason... or was this just someone's twisted idea of a good laugh?

Chill folded her white wings down by her sides and looked upwards. The rim of the ravine the four of them were penned in was high above their heads, but not completely impossible to reach.
Even if we were to try and fly from here... there's a chance that whoever cast that magic earlier will do so again to keep us here, Chill mused, shifting on her haunches. She glared upwards at the walls of the prison, but found no one.

"Obviously," she began with her head still turned skyward, her voice raised slightly to catch the attention of the others. "We are trapped here- but by who... I don't know." Chill looked back down to the other three. "My name is Chill. I hail from the Southern Icefield." The Guardian looked to the two Mirrors and the Coatl. "Who are you?"

"No dragon, eh?" Chill murmured, falling silent as the Coatl piped up the question that was surely on everyone's mind:
Who did this?
Why were they all here? Was there a legitamate reason... or was this just someone's twisted idea of a good laugh?

Chill folded her white wings down by her sides and looked upwards. The rim of the ravine the four of them were penned in was high above their heads, but not completely impossible to reach.
Even if we were to try and fly from here... there's a chance that whoever cast that magic earlier will do so again to keep us here, Chill mused, shifting on her haunches. She glared upwards at the walls of the prison, but found no one.

"Obviously," she began with her head still turned skyward, her voice raised slightly to catch the attention of the others. "We are trapped here- but by who... I don't know." Chill looked back down to the other three. "My name is Chill. I hail from the Southern Icefield." The Guardian looked to the two Mirrors and the Coatl. "Who are you?"
DKbIJrD.gificewardensmall_zps5fe23c8a.png
Brimstone sat upright, sighing tiredly. She followed the guardians gaze to the edge of the ravine. Her muzzle wrinkled in disgust at the the things that were up there, though even her infrared couldn't quite make them out. "I can tell you as much as I know, which isn't much, but I think Chill here's got a good idea, what with introductions and all. Name's Brimstone. I'm from a little clan down in Ashfall." She shivered, just now realizing how much colder the air was compared to her volcanic homeland.
Brimstone sat upright, sighing tiredly. She followed the guardians gaze to the edge of the ravine. Her muzzle wrinkled in disgust at the the things that were up there, though even her infrared couldn't quite make them out. "I can tell you as much as I know, which isn't much, but I think Chill here's got a good idea, what with introductions and all. Name's Brimstone. I'm from a little clan down in Ashfall." She shivered, just now realizing how much colder the air was compared to her volcanic homeland.
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png

Xoco shuffled closer to Chill, the great white dragon was so calm and collected while she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Chill reminded her faintly of Orra, the motherly clan leader must be worried sick...or angry enough to kill.

She glanced over to Brimstone who seemed annoyed at their situation more then anything else and noticed the slight shiver overcoming her body. 'Of course she's cold,' Xoco thought suddenly, 'she's used to volcanoes and lava'

"My name is Xoco, I'm from a newer clan in the Viridian Labyrinth."

Xoco shuffled closer to Chill, the great white dragon was so calm and collected while she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Chill reminded her faintly of Orra, the motherly clan leader must be worried sick...or angry enough to kill.

She glanced over to Brimstone who seemed annoyed at their situation more then anything else and noticed the slight shiver overcoming her body. 'Of course she's cold,' Xoco thought suddenly, 'she's used to volcanoes and lava'

"My name is Xoco, I'm from a newer clan in the Viridian Labyrinth."
1 2