Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Adventure Ho! (Open!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
(( By suggestion of Typhlosions , we've moved our game here! Enjoy! ))
Adventure Ho! (always open)
This game is centered around the Roll to Dodge gameplay style. It may get random at times, but the big idea is to enjoy yourself!

Please read!
HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED
These are disclaimers to any player who wishes to play.
1) Cynderbark or Soitisisit will be hosting this game and the outcomes of each individuals roll will be determined by rolling a dice by one of the co-hosts. Do not roll your own action.
2) A roll of 1 means you failed so bad at your intended action, it backfired; 2 means you failed at your action, but not too badly; a 3 means you barely failed at your intended action, and get some of that wish granted; a 4 means you barely completed that action; 5 means you completed the action satisfactorily; and 6 means you overcompensated for such an action!
3) You can play with any of your dragons! To avoid confusion, any number under 3 would be advisable. This game will be open to any player at all times.
4) Death is a thing. You are allowed to try to kill a dragon, but beware! You might end up killing yourself. And no gore filled deaths are allowed, to allow any person to play that may be afraid of such gore. Dead dragons are no longer allowed to be played in the RtD, but you can still play with another dragon!
5) This is also true for other godmod type actions. It is equally as likely for you to, say, give yourself deathly laser vision as it is to, say, accidentally give another player laser vision or make your laser vision so weak it’s like a laser pointer on a powerpoint or it’s on all the time and it hurts you when you look at yourself.
6) Make sure to specify your actions. You can talk character to character as much as you want, but actions must be rolled.
7) Only 2 actions per turn. A turn is defined by the period between rolls. If you post more than two actions per turn, only the first two will be rolled for.
8) This is intended to be primarily a dragon played game. Familiars are admissible as well, but only if you have a dragon.
9) All players who posted an action at the end of each turn will be pinged.
10) If you are not comfortable with in game death, romance, friendship, violence, clan disruption, etc. it would be advised you do not participate. This is supposed to be light hearted and accessible to anybody who wishes to play.
11) You do not need to ping Cynderbark or Soitisisit. We will be checking the forum every day or so for intended actions. However, if you have a specific question, please do ping one of us!
12) You don't have to roll to converse! However, you do need an action to go with your conversation! (even if it's a trivial action) It would also be a good idea to ping your conversation partners!

Example of how I write rolls:
Quote:
Action: Take over clan Cynderbark from the inside.
1: The leaders destroy you and all hope of becoming leader. You are now an Omega of the clan, and are generally shunned.
2: The clan laughs at your attempt to overtake leadership. It will be remembered as a joke among the dragons.
3: Most of the dragons were impressed with your attempt and a few joined your side. However, it was all in vain. You remain in your position with the clan.
4: The clan cautiously accepts you as leader. They hope that you will be a benevolent ruler.
5: You lead the clan! They follow your directions often, sometimes questioning your leadership.
6: You have impressed the clan so greatly, they now revere you as god. At least five of them gawk at you at a time.
(( By suggestion of Typhlosions , we've moved our game here! Enjoy! ))
Adventure Ho! (always open)
This game is centered around the Roll to Dodge gameplay style. It may get random at times, but the big idea is to enjoy yourself!

Please read!
HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED
These are disclaimers to any player who wishes to play.
1) Cynderbark or Soitisisit will be hosting this game and the outcomes of each individuals roll will be determined by rolling a dice by one of the co-hosts. Do not roll your own action.
2) A roll of 1 means you failed so bad at your intended action, it backfired; 2 means you failed at your action, but not too badly; a 3 means you barely failed at your intended action, and get some of that wish granted; a 4 means you barely completed that action; 5 means you completed the action satisfactorily; and 6 means you overcompensated for such an action!
3) You can play with any of your dragons! To avoid confusion, any number under 3 would be advisable. This game will be open to any player at all times.
4) Death is a thing. You are allowed to try to kill a dragon, but beware! You might end up killing yourself. And no gore filled deaths are allowed, to allow any person to play that may be afraid of such gore. Dead dragons are no longer allowed to be played in the RtD, but you can still play with another dragon!
5) This is also true for other godmod type actions. It is equally as likely for you to, say, give yourself deathly laser vision as it is to, say, accidentally give another player laser vision or make your laser vision so weak it’s like a laser pointer on a powerpoint or it’s on all the time and it hurts you when you look at yourself.
6) Make sure to specify your actions. You can talk character to character as much as you want, but actions must be rolled.
7) Only 2 actions per turn. A turn is defined by the period between rolls. If you post more than two actions per turn, only the first two will be rolled for.
8) This is intended to be primarily a dragon played game. Familiars are admissible as well, but only if you have a dragon.
9) All players who posted an action at the end of each turn will be pinged.
10) If you are not comfortable with in game death, romance, friendship, violence, clan disruption, etc. it would be advised you do not participate. This is supposed to be light hearted and accessible to anybody who wishes to play.
11) You do not need to ping Cynderbark or Soitisisit. We will be checking the forum every day or so for intended actions. However, if you have a specific question, please do ping one of us!
12) You don't have to roll to converse! However, you do need an action to go with your conversation! (even if it's a trivial action) It would also be a good idea to ping your conversation partners!

Example of how I write rolls:
Quote:
Action: Take over clan Cynderbark from the inside.
1: The leaders destroy you and all hope of becoming leader. You are now an Omega of the clan, and are generally shunned.
2: The clan laughs at your attempt to overtake leadership. It will be remembered as a joke among the dragons.
3: Most of the dragons were impressed with your attempt and a few joined your side. However, it was all in vain. You remain in your position with the clan.
4: The clan cautiously accepts you as leader. They hope that you will be a benevolent ruler.
5: You lead the clan! They follow your directions often, sometimes questioning your leadership.
6: You have impressed the clan so greatly, they now revere you as god. At least five of them gawk at you at a time.
Hey all! :3 Looking forward to helping.

Here's an example of how I might roll an action:
Quote:
Action: Take over the Soitisisit Clan
1: The leaders exile you to wander the Icy Plains where very little lives. Good luck finding food or your way back.
2: You fail, but by the mercy of the Progenitors, you are allowed to leave with dignity, going where you please.
3: The two factions, one supporting you, one supporting the existing authority, are locked in a battle for power.
4: After a long struggle, you manage to exile the existing authority to the Ice Floes. Careful though, they can still make a comeback!
5: Hail the Fearless Leader! There is no opposition to your rule.
6: You succeed! Your partner, so inspired by the momentum of revolution, overthrows your rule.

Also, I'd like to ping @Rubric @Ckisocoa and @IndigoCat
Hey all! :3 Looking forward to helping.

Here's an example of how I might roll an action:
Quote:
Action: Take over the Soitisisit Clan
1: The leaders exile you to wander the Icy Plains where very little lives. Good luck finding food or your way back.
2: You fail, but by the mercy of the Progenitors, you are allowed to leave with dignity, going where you please.
3: The two factions, one supporting you, one supporting the existing authority, are locked in a battle for power.
4: After a long struggle, you manage to exile the existing authority to the Ice Floes. Careful though, they can still make a comeback!
5: Hail the Fearless Leader! There is no opposition to your rule.
6: You succeed! Your partner, so inspired by the momentum of revolution, overthrows your rule.

Also, I'd like to ping @Rubric @Ckisocoa and @IndigoCat
8bhaf5eaarfaex9zg.jpg
The Prompt:

A new landmass has appeared in the ocean nearby currently known dragon lands. There are new plains to explore, fresh forests to travel, previously unknown caverns to traverse! Many scholars and adventurers have ventured to the land to discover more about it.

As many that come back praising all the new life they've found there, others fear it. There is danger and excitement around every turn. There's no knowing what you will discover here!

Are you brave enough to face the new world? Will you team up or be a lone wolf? It's up to you!
The Prompt:

A new landmass has appeared in the ocean nearby currently known dragon lands. There are new plains to explore, fresh forests to travel, previously unknown caverns to traverse! Many scholars and adventurers have ventured to the land to discover more about it.

As many that come back praising all the new life they've found there, others fear it. There is danger and excitement around every turn. There's no knowing what you will discover here!

Are you brave enough to face the new world? Will you team up or be a lone wolf? It's up to you!
@Azuri Come roleplay with us too! :)
@Azuri Come roleplay with us too! :)
@Cynderbark
I know the rules say that I don't need to ping you but I'd feel bad if I didn't ask for permission to join first. Would it be alright with you?
@Cynderbark
I know the rules say that I don't need to ping you but I'd feel bad if I didn't ask for permission to join first. Would it be alright with you?
@Cynderbark

Not going to lie, i am very confused what is going on ^^;
@Cynderbark

Not going to lie, i am very confused what is going on ^^;
OHHzjgb.gifWXq7q4o.png
And so it begins again! :p
Minuet: Fly to this newfound land you've been hearing so much about.
And so it begins again! :p
Minuet: Fly to this newfound land you've been hearing so much about.
@Modunit
sure! you're welcome to join UwU

@Azuri
What are you confused on specifically? This is just another type of roleplay/game style I wanted to try out. If you don't mind group rps.
@Modunit
sure! you're welcome to join UwU

@Azuri
What are you confused on specifically? This is just another type of roleplay/game style I wanted to try out. If you don't mind group rps.
@Cynderbark

I guess what the rp is, Is it like DnD?
@Cynderbark

I guess what the rp is, Is it like DnD?
OHHzjgb.gifWXq7q4o.png
@Azuri
Yeah, pretty much like DnD
@Azuri
Yeah, pretty much like DnD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15