Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Paths We Walk [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@stealthclaw

Giraffe cleared his throat and shifted a little, looking towards Dero first then back to Truthseeker and Enya.

"I'm no healer myself, but I have traveled and lived in many different clans with different ways of dealing with injuries. I'm not sure what all you have already tried...but perhaps I can offer new ideas. If Enya is willing and able to try them and if you feel they are appropriate for her injuries." He tried to keep his head up and seem confident even though that confidence was shrinking by the second. What is the healer didn't approve of him or his ideas? What, then, would this clan think to do with a Plagueling far from home?

"Of course I hope you don't see this as an intrusion on your methods. I truly only wish to help if I can." The 'why do you care about some crippled Mirror?' question had been rattling around in his head for a while now. Any other day he would have said something sympathetic, bid her a good life, and been on his way. But not today. No, today he had chosen to swim a channel, form some unfathomable feeling of kinship with a young Mirror, and get dragged into her bruised and battered clan who would likely rather see the Plague Imperial in a fleshy heap than standing speaking of radical possibilities with their healer.

Giraffe swore then and there that once he got home he was never swimming anywhere ever again.
@stealthclaw

Giraffe cleared his throat and shifted a little, looking towards Dero first then back to Truthseeker and Enya.

"I'm no healer myself, but I have traveled and lived in many different clans with different ways of dealing with injuries. I'm not sure what all you have already tried...but perhaps I can offer new ideas. If Enya is willing and able to try them and if you feel they are appropriate for her injuries." He tried to keep his head up and seem confident even though that confidence was shrinking by the second. What is the healer didn't approve of him or his ideas? What, then, would this clan think to do with a Plagueling far from home?

"Of course I hope you don't see this as an intrusion on your methods. I truly only wish to help if I can." The 'why do you care about some crippled Mirror?' question had been rattling around in his head for a while now. Any other day he would have said something sympathetic, bid her a good life, and been on his way. But not today. No, today he had chosen to swim a channel, form some unfathomable feeling of kinship with a young Mirror, and get dragged into her bruised and battered clan who would likely rather see the Plague Imperial in a fleshy heap than standing speaking of radical possibilities with their healer.

Giraffe swore then and there that once he got home he was never swimming anywhere ever again.
I am 3 hours ahead of FR time!
@Kallile
"New opinions are always welcome," Truthseeker replied as a soft pink glow began to emanate from the bushes nearby, a small arcane companion comet flying to her side before hovering by her wings. She seemed unbothered by it, though Enya was somewhat startled by its sudden appearance. "Something about swimming, yes? Personally I've never met a single dragon willing to swim, but if it alleviates some of the strain on her injuries, that would be innately useful."

Dero continued to stare at Giraffe, watching his reaction to the healer. Enya glanced over at the Imperial as Truth spoke, her tail twitching restlessly.
@Kallile
"New opinions are always welcome," Truthseeker replied as a soft pink glow began to emanate from the bushes nearby, a small arcane companion comet flying to her side before hovering by her wings. She seemed unbothered by it, though Enya was somewhat startled by its sudden appearance. "Something about swimming, yes? Personally I've never met a single dragon willing to swim, but if it alleviates some of the strain on her injuries, that would be innately useful."

Dero continued to stare at Giraffe, watching his reaction to the healer. Enya glanced over at the Imperial as Truth spoke, her tail twitching restlessly.
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
@stealthclaw

"I myself swam here, as fool-hardy as it may sound. Just wanted to test my own endurance I suppose. But no, I must agree. Most others wouldn't dream of swimming if it weren't necessity." Giraffe answered, tilting his head noticeably to the left as Truth's little comet appeared. Well, that was interesting. Though he wanted to give the thing a closer inspection he didn't dare move beyond a head tilt with Dero's eyes tracking his every move.

"I don't know how much it will help her, but another healer in a past clan used the tactic often with young warriors who had overexerted themselves. She used to claim it was gentle exercise that allowed them to grow strong again without overworking the injury. That clan had many young warriors that returned to battle weeks later as if nothing had ever happened...so perhaps there is deeper merit than it sounds." Shaking his head a little, Giraffe glanced towards Enya.

"Other clans employed medicinal salves and ointments...though I believe those are more common practice so perhaps you have already tried similar things."
@stealthclaw

"I myself swam here, as fool-hardy as it may sound. Just wanted to test my own endurance I suppose. But no, I must agree. Most others wouldn't dream of swimming if it weren't necessity." Giraffe answered, tilting his head noticeably to the left as Truth's little comet appeared. Well, that was interesting. Though he wanted to give the thing a closer inspection he didn't dare move beyond a head tilt with Dero's eyes tracking his every move.

"I don't know how much it will help her, but another healer in a past clan used the tactic often with young warriors who had overexerted themselves. She used to claim it was gentle exercise that allowed them to grow strong again without overworking the injury. That clan had many young warriors that returned to battle weeks later as if nothing had ever happened...so perhaps there is deeper merit than it sounds." Shaking his head a little, Giraffe glanced towards Enya.

"Other clans employed medicinal salves and ointments...though I believe those are more common practice so perhaps you have already tried similar things."
I am 3 hours ahead of FR time!
@Kallile

Truth made another amused noise. "I've tried pretty much everything that a healer could. Unfortunately, at the time, there was little I could do to help. She suffered those wounds as a small hatchling, and due to hatchling's soft, delicate bones, it was hard to repair the damage. While I do not think swimming will completely fix the problem, it would certainly alleviate some of the strain." With a slight pause, she looked into the trees.

"Seeing as this is just the beginning of an uneventful day, perhaps we should go try it. There are no swimmers in our clan, so I'm assuming you're willing to help her?" The tundra didn't intend on swimming either--wet fur and feathers left an awful smell that she would rather spare her clan of. Plus she was fairly excellent in the works of magic--if anything dared attack them, she could send it screaming into the trees--she couldn't cast if she was in the water, focusing completely on keeping herself afloat as well as the impaired mirror.

"If you go anywhere," Shadowblood hissed from the shadow of the entrance, eyes flicking between the three, "You'll take a guard with you. Nightshred is going hunting with me, so you can take--"

"I'd prefer to take Atreyu. Not only is he one of the strongest, he could also use a lesson on this. If it helps Enya's crippled leg, it'll no doubt help him as well." Truthseeker cut him off, not even turning back to look at the leader. Normally, Shadowblood would be heavily offended by being interrupted, but he had grown to get used to it from the head healer. At any rate, her advice was usually always correct, so he gave a low grunt of approval. Shadowblood slipped away again, going to tell Atreyu that he was needed. Enya listened to the patriarch retreat, beginning to tense up. Atreyu tended to complicate things, despite his good intentions....
@Kallile

Truth made another amused noise. "I've tried pretty much everything that a healer could. Unfortunately, at the time, there was little I could do to help. She suffered those wounds as a small hatchling, and due to hatchling's soft, delicate bones, it was hard to repair the damage. While I do not think swimming will completely fix the problem, it would certainly alleviate some of the strain." With a slight pause, she looked into the trees.

"Seeing as this is just the beginning of an uneventful day, perhaps we should go try it. There are no swimmers in our clan, so I'm assuming you're willing to help her?" The tundra didn't intend on swimming either--wet fur and feathers left an awful smell that she would rather spare her clan of. Plus she was fairly excellent in the works of magic--if anything dared attack them, she could send it screaming into the trees--she couldn't cast if she was in the water, focusing completely on keeping herself afloat as well as the impaired mirror.

"If you go anywhere," Shadowblood hissed from the shadow of the entrance, eyes flicking between the three, "You'll take a guard with you. Nightshred is going hunting with me, so you can take--"

"I'd prefer to take Atreyu. Not only is he one of the strongest, he could also use a lesson on this. If it helps Enya's crippled leg, it'll no doubt help him as well." Truthseeker cut him off, not even turning back to look at the leader. Normally, Shadowblood would be heavily offended by being interrupted, but he had grown to get used to it from the head healer. At any rate, her advice was usually always correct, so he gave a low grunt of approval. Shadowblood slipped away again, going to tell Atreyu that he was needed. Enya listened to the patriarch retreat, beginning to tense up. Atreyu tended to complicate things, despite his good intentions....
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6