Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clans Rp (Based on Flight Rising) CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6
@shynereid
@LeahR95

The blue Guardian felt his lip curl as the stranger wheeled over them. Was he scouting for someone? Was he curious and would eventually go away? Or did he simply want Thundercracker's deer? Let him have it, the smaller dragon thought. I'll have his fish. He had half a mind to offer, but he couldn't find his voice. The end of his tail twitched. He was frightened. If he could, he would run. Fly. Anything.

And he was annoyed. Thundercracker knew what the new dragon was thinking. What could anyone who saw him step in front of Shikashi think? This dragon was an Imperial. Perhaps the markings on his side meant nothing to this stranger. To any other Guardian, they were plain as day: Stay away, this dragon is a traitor. That basically negated any romantic attempts. Or even offers to give shelter.

At the same time as the dragon spoke, not unkindly to him, Thundercracker too found he was able to speak. "You aren't supposed to offer me help. I am not allowed help," he rumbled. "And this female is not my mate. She offered me food and shelter." He finished with a frown.
@shynereid
@LeahR95

The blue Guardian felt his lip curl as the stranger wheeled over them. Was he scouting for someone? Was he curious and would eventually go away? Or did he simply want Thundercracker's deer? Let him have it, the smaller dragon thought. I'll have his fish. He had half a mind to offer, but he couldn't find his voice. The end of his tail twitched. He was frightened. If he could, he would run. Fly. Anything.

And he was annoyed. Thundercracker knew what the new dragon was thinking. What could anyone who saw him step in front of Shikashi think? This dragon was an Imperial. Perhaps the markings on his side meant nothing to this stranger. To any other Guardian, they were plain as day: Stay away, this dragon is a traitor. That basically negated any romantic attempts. Or even offers to give shelter.

At the same time as the dragon spoke, not unkindly to him, Thundercracker too found he was able to speak. "You aren't supposed to offer me help. I am not allowed help," he rumbled. "And this female is not my mate. She offered me food and shelter." He finished with a frown.
@Guardion @LeahR95

Laughing to himself, Oceanus thought for a moment about what the dragon said. "I never said anthing about you two being together but thank you for clearning that up. Now i know the fine lady isnt with you, i hope you wont get mad if i were to state just how amazingly beautiful she is." said as he winked at the female guardian still behind him, then sobered up.

"As for the me not suppose to be offering you help, or rather sense I can see how it doesn't make much sense being as you are weak and I could still your prey easily, but rather that you say you are not allowed help; Why? I offered, now who besides any other than I say you shall not? Is it not my offer? Is it not you who I offered too? So why does there seem to be someone other than us holding you back from what you seem to really need. I did not see the fine lady say no, i did not see any one say no. You have death wounds, they could kill you." Oceanus ask with confusion showing in his voice.
@Guardion @LeahR95

Laughing to himself, Oceanus thought for a moment about what the dragon said. "I never said anthing about you two being together but thank you for clearning that up. Now i know the fine lady isnt with you, i hope you wont get mad if i were to state just how amazingly beautiful she is." said as he winked at the female guardian still behind him, then sobered up.

"As for the me not suppose to be offering you help, or rather sense I can see how it doesn't make much sense being as you are weak and I could still your prey easily, but rather that you say you are not allowed help; Why? I offered, now who besides any other than I say you shall not? Is it not my offer? Is it not you who I offered too? So why does there seem to be someone other than us holding you back from what you seem to really need. I did not see the fine lady say no, i did not see any one say no. You have death wounds, they could kill you." Oceanus ask with confusion showing in his voice.
QpH1eoo.png
@shynereid

By the Stormcatcher, this dragon cannot be silenced. Shikashi seemed largely disinterested in either of them, and perhaps might go her own way soon. How was he to know? As if he mattered enough. He didn't mind. Shikashi surely had her own business to attend to and it was a credit to her that she would even spend this much time around him.

This new dragon, apart from the constant passes at Shikashi, also rambled. A lot. Someone who used a surplus of words irritated relatively quiet dragons like Thundercracker. Well, probably only Thundercracker. The ignorance was also annoying. Did he have to explain his Honorlost marks again today? Would he really be forced to admit his own foolishness once more?

"They will stop bleeding on their own", he growled through gritted teeth. As a test, he set his front left foot against the wound, and despite all his hopes, the wounds showed no sign of slowing in their oozing of blood. "Really, it isn't my choice to say no, but I must. If you were from my Flight, perhaps you'd understand. If you were a Guardian, you would understand..."

His words, rare already, died away as he swooned but didn't lose consciousness. His legs had simply lost all resolve and crumbled underneath him. A few of his claws were twisted painfully underneath him, but the young Guardian hadn't the strength to shift himself off of them.

"I-I deserve these wounds..." he wheezed weakly, more pale than ever.
@shynereid

By the Stormcatcher, this dragon cannot be silenced. Shikashi seemed largely disinterested in either of them, and perhaps might go her own way soon. How was he to know? As if he mattered enough. He didn't mind. Shikashi surely had her own business to attend to and it was a credit to her that she would even spend this much time around him.

This new dragon, apart from the constant passes at Shikashi, also rambled. A lot. Someone who used a surplus of words irritated relatively quiet dragons like Thundercracker. Well, probably only Thundercracker. The ignorance was also annoying. Did he have to explain his Honorlost marks again today? Would he really be forced to admit his own foolishness once more?

"They will stop bleeding on their own", he growled through gritted teeth. As a test, he set his front left foot against the wound, and despite all his hopes, the wounds showed no sign of slowing in their oozing of blood. "Really, it isn't my choice to say no, but I must. If you were from my Flight, perhaps you'd understand. If you were a Guardian, you would understand..."

His words, rare already, died away as he swooned but didn't lose consciousness. His legs had simply lost all resolve and crumbled underneath him. A few of his claws were twisted painfully underneath him, but the young Guardian hadn't the strength to shift himself off of them.

"I-I deserve these wounds..." he wheezed weakly, more pale than ever.
@Guardion

Oceanus put two and two together.He is from the lighting flight, I remember Mareas who was from the lighting flight talking about her birth clan. They think themselves above everyone and when they fail, they are shamed. To bad, all pride and brains, no sense of reality and respect. He will act like this until it eats him up, or until someone showed him that we are not his old clan and flight and have different ways. Maybe if I treat him the way he thinks he should be treated then maybe he will decide he rather live past this bump on the road and move on with it. And fix that wound, it is ugly and painful looking.

"Mmm, I understand now, you are a shamed dragon, one who deserves those wounds. You say they will stop bleeding but a wound that shows you have lost honor does not deserve to heal. Look at you, no honor and even less reasons for me to help you. You are right, you can not take my help, I am glad you told me, I shall now go and spend time with those who can still maintain their honor." he said.

Oceanus turned around and walked away. He had said it mean so the point got across but he still felt really bad about it. Not that the other dragon would know, Oceanus made sure not to show any other emotions that being repulsed. He hoped he hadn't just hurt the other dragon more but maybe helped him move on from the bad ideas of what he should and shouldn't be doing about his wounds.
@Guardion

Oceanus put two and two together.He is from the lighting flight, I remember Mareas who was from the lighting flight talking about her birth clan. They think themselves above everyone and when they fail, they are shamed. To bad, all pride and brains, no sense of reality and respect. He will act like this until it eats him up, or until someone showed him that we are not his old clan and flight and have different ways. Maybe if I treat him the way he thinks he should be treated then maybe he will decide he rather live past this bump on the road and move on with it. And fix that wound, it is ugly and painful looking.

"Mmm, I understand now, you are a shamed dragon, one who deserves those wounds. You say they will stop bleeding but a wound that shows you have lost honor does not deserve to heal. Look at you, no honor and even less reasons for me to help you. You are right, you can not take my help, I am glad you told me, I shall now go and spend time with those who can still maintain their honor." he said.

Oceanus turned around and walked away. He had said it mean so the point got across but he still felt really bad about it. Not that the other dragon would know, Oceanus made sure not to show any other emotions that being repulsed. He hoped he hadn't just hurt the other dragon more but maybe helped him move on from the bad ideas of what he should and shouldn't be doing about his wounds.
QpH1eoo.png
@shynereid

The emotional turnaround of the other dragon had sort of hit Thundercracker like a pile of bricks. He acted like he was mature, that he would take any punishment he received, but the reality was that he was still young. Still more naive than he could imagine. Wait, what? After all that, you'd just turn around? He was confused. He hadn't met a dragon yet who hadn't forced hospitality on him. Provided, Shikashi was not willing to let him heal at all, but at least she had decided to associate with him.

No. He couldn't die. Not yet. He hadn't gone through the abuse his family put him through to throw it all away for honor. He would lock those feelings away. Keep his secret. He would be better than those who cast him out. He would be better than he was the night he tried to kill his father. He still remembered that night, tears in his eyes, the rain pounding outside, the hesitation which had caught him in the end. No... That is history. And it will be buried with the dead.

"Wait..." he hissed. His heart pounded with excitement and fear of what he was about to ask. "Please... Don't leave me here. I don't want to..." his words died again. With his last bit of strength before the world turned black, he reached out his claws in supplication.
@shynereid

The emotional turnaround of the other dragon had sort of hit Thundercracker like a pile of bricks. He acted like he was mature, that he would take any punishment he received, but the reality was that he was still young. Still more naive than he could imagine. Wait, what? After all that, you'd just turn around? He was confused. He hadn't met a dragon yet who hadn't forced hospitality on him. Provided, Shikashi was not willing to let him heal at all, but at least she had decided to associate with him.

No. He couldn't die. Not yet. He hadn't gone through the abuse his family put him through to throw it all away for honor. He would lock those feelings away. Keep his secret. He would be better than those who cast him out. He would be better than he was the night he tried to kill his father. He still remembered that night, tears in his eyes, the rain pounding outside, the hesitation which had caught him in the end. No... That is history. And it will be buried with the dead.

"Wait..." he hissed. His heart pounded with excitement and fear of what he was about to ask. "Please... Don't leave me here. I don't want to..." his words died again. With his last bit of strength before the world turned black, he reached out his claws in supplication.
@Guardion

Oceanus looked over his sholders when he had heard the young dragon call out for him to wait. He saw him reach his claws out in supplication and then blacked out. Alarmed, Oceanus rushed over to him. His wounds where bad, they could heal and with some cleaning they would not become infected. The wound would need to be stitched close so that the healing would get a head start in closing up and healing without cause further damage, but it would scar without a doubt.

The dragon had called out for him no to leave him here, but Oceanus wasn't sure if he could move the dragon to his camp. He would have to leave his fish behind, and as much as he wanted to help this dragon, that fish was for his clan and the dragon he wished for his mate.
Oceanus would bring the camp to this dragon. As softly and nicely as he could, he drag the young dragon over to a fallen tree at the side of the clearing that offered shelter. That ways he was not to much of target.

Turning around and running over the basket, Oceanus decided to leave burry half fish under the bush, leave a couple for the young dragon incase he work up and take the rest with him. He only has so many baskets and some other food he would have to bring back, along with his personal items, tent and food drying rack. Moving quick, Oceanus left a note saying he had to gather some things and turning around, taking to the sky. Hopefully the dragon would not wake before he got back but he had left his camp undefended to long and had at least three trips to make.
@Guardion

Oceanus looked over his sholders when he had heard the young dragon call out for him to wait. He saw him reach his claws out in supplication and then blacked out. Alarmed, Oceanus rushed over to him. His wounds where bad, they could heal and with some cleaning they would not become infected. The wound would need to be stitched close so that the healing would get a head start in closing up and healing without cause further damage, but it would scar without a doubt.

The dragon had called out for him no to leave him here, but Oceanus wasn't sure if he could move the dragon to his camp. He would have to leave his fish behind, and as much as he wanted to help this dragon, that fish was for his clan and the dragon he wished for his mate.
Oceanus would bring the camp to this dragon. As softly and nicely as he could, he drag the young dragon over to a fallen tree at the side of the clearing that offered shelter. That ways he was not to much of target.

Turning around and running over the basket, Oceanus decided to leave burry half fish under the bush, leave a couple for the young dragon incase he work up and take the rest with him. He only has so many baskets and some other food he would have to bring back, along with his personal items, tent and food drying rack. Moving quick, Oceanus left a note saying he had to gather some things and turning around, taking to the sky. Hopefully the dragon would not wake before he got back but he had left his camp undefended to long and had at least three trips to make.
QpH1eoo.png
@shynereid

Thundercracker wasn't dead. Not yet. Though the young dragon's breathing was shallow and his flank barely stirred, this was a beneficial sleep. Any more movement from him, and he would have met his end. Perhaps when he woke, he might believe it was the Stormcatcher taking mercy on him. Perhaps the great storm dragon had decided to forgive him where he couldn't forgive himself. The sleep, while needed, was far from peaceful.

Thundercracker dreamt he was back at his family's layer. It seemed far less crowded than usual, and he was puzzled by this until he realized he was looking at the very egg from which he had hatched. But there were more than just his egg... Strange. I was from a single-egg clutch. His mother and father were fighting. They had always fought. But this fight was different. His father looked... different. There was a different light in his cyan eyes. Sneering, snarling at his mother. And then his father's tail lashed out, and very purposefully, destroyed the egg next to his own. His mother howled with rage, and leapt for his father, but before she reached him, the other egg next to him was destroyed. And he was next.

Thundercracker wanted to go forward, to ask what was going on, but he couldn't move or speak. His father's tail lashed once more- but the strike was interrupted by a bolt of lighting, which touched down in front of Thundercracker's egg. Thunder growled in the sky, as if admonishing his stunned father. And then he could hear his parents' words.

"Fine. This little slug will be spared. What will you call it?"

"He shall be called 'Thundercracker', after what saved him from you."

All at once, he was pulled out of the dream violently, but not without hearing some parting words in a voice that belonged to neither of his parents. "I saved you that night. Do not end so easily here." And just like that, he was awake again, in the shade of a fallen tree. There was no sight of the Imperial that had saved him, but there was a note explaining where he had gone.

"Great..." the young dragon sighed. "Now I just need a note explaining what that dream was all about. Those were some things I didn't need to see."
@shynereid

Thundercracker wasn't dead. Not yet. Though the young dragon's breathing was shallow and his flank barely stirred, this was a beneficial sleep. Any more movement from him, and he would have met his end. Perhaps when he woke, he might believe it was the Stormcatcher taking mercy on him. Perhaps the great storm dragon had decided to forgive him where he couldn't forgive himself. The sleep, while needed, was far from peaceful.

Thundercracker dreamt he was back at his family's layer. It seemed far less crowded than usual, and he was puzzled by this until he realized he was looking at the very egg from which he had hatched. But there were more than just his egg... Strange. I was from a single-egg clutch. His mother and father were fighting. They had always fought. But this fight was different. His father looked... different. There was a different light in his cyan eyes. Sneering, snarling at his mother. And then his father's tail lashed out, and very purposefully, destroyed the egg next to his own. His mother howled with rage, and leapt for his father, but before she reached him, the other egg next to him was destroyed. And he was next.

Thundercracker wanted to go forward, to ask what was going on, but he couldn't move or speak. His father's tail lashed once more- but the strike was interrupted by a bolt of lighting, which touched down in front of Thundercracker's egg. Thunder growled in the sky, as if admonishing his stunned father. And then he could hear his parents' words.

"Fine. This little slug will be spared. What will you call it?"

"He shall be called 'Thundercracker', after what saved him from you."

All at once, he was pulled out of the dream violently, but not without hearing some parting words in a voice that belonged to neither of his parents. "I saved you that night. Do not end so easily here." And just like that, he was awake again, in the shade of a fallen tree. There was no sight of the Imperial that had saved him, but there was a note explaining where he had gone.

"Great..." the young dragon sighed. "Now I just need a note explaining what that dream was all about. Those were some things I didn't need to see."
@Guardion
((Really sorry for taking so long. Finals are coming up for me and I'm doing a lot of catching up))

Oceanus had made five trips already, hiding the baskets he had brought over in some bushes. He was on his way back to the dragon now with his sixth and last of his things of his packed up camp. As the clearing came into view with the bushes where he his is stuff and the other bus with the dragon in it, he saw movement. Looking closely he saw it was the other dragon. I should probably get his name, so I don't have to keep calling him the other dragon.

He flew down, dropped his basket softly to the ground near the dragon and then landed next to him. When he landed, he didn't bother to speak or look at the injured dragon. He just dragged his stuff to where his sixth basket was, lit a fire and dug up his fish. Seeing the fire was going well, he washed his fish and started to boil water. He wanted to let the injured dragon get used to his presence first. When he had cut up the fished, hanging them on a drying rack and putting the medical tools in to water to become clean, he turned around to the dragon.

"We have not introduced ourselves yet. I am Oceanus, what is your name? I have tools to help you with your wound, and while they boil i can clean your wounds. That must be done first no mater what. Shall we?" Oceanus grabbed his met back and fished out the things that he needed, setting them out for the dragon to see.
@Guardion
((Really sorry for taking so long. Finals are coming up for me and I'm doing a lot of catching up))

Oceanus had made five trips already, hiding the baskets he had brought over in some bushes. He was on his way back to the dragon now with his sixth and last of his things of his packed up camp. As the clearing came into view with the bushes where he his is stuff and the other bus with the dragon in it, he saw movement. Looking closely he saw it was the other dragon. I should probably get his name, so I don't have to keep calling him the other dragon.

He flew down, dropped his basket softly to the ground near the dragon and then landed next to him. When he landed, he didn't bother to speak or look at the injured dragon. He just dragged his stuff to where his sixth basket was, lit a fire and dug up his fish. Seeing the fire was going well, he washed his fish and started to boil water. He wanted to let the injured dragon get used to his presence first. When he had cut up the fished, hanging them on a drying rack and putting the medical tools in to water to become clean, he turned around to the dragon.

"We have not introduced ourselves yet. I am Oceanus, what is your name? I have tools to help you with your wound, and while they boil i can clean your wounds. That must be done first no mater what. Shall we?" Oceanus grabbed his met back and fished out the things that he needed, setting them out for the dragon to see.
QpH1eoo.png
@shynereid
((Nah bro, that's fine. I totally understand the stress of schoolwork.))

Thundercracker had dozed again in the time the blue Imperial dragon had been gone. He hadn't dreamt of anything during his nap, but he felt wonderfully refreshed. The sunlight was so warm, the sky was cloudless, and small songbirds flew overhead, paying no heed to the great scaly beast beneath them. Today is a good day for a new beginning, the young dragon decided. He stretched his wings wide, showing off the Seraph pattern he had been born with, and folded them again. He didn't get up, but he shifted his legs under him, in order to get rid of the pins and needles that had developed in them.

His head perked up as the sound of wingbeats approached. He knew without seeing that it was the Imperial who had saved him. He wasn't sure how he knew, but perhaps feathered wings sounded different to him than wings without. New beginning or not, Thundercracker was still a shrinking violet and couldn't bring himself to say hello first. He acknowledged the older dragon's presence and watched him set up his camp. The preparation of the fish made his mouth water, and also made him wonder where his deer had gotten to. Carried off by a scavenger, no doubt.

Thundercracker's brow furrowed as he saw the row of shining medical instruments being laid out on the sun-baked ground. He had never been to a healer. Somehow, despite being a runt, he avoided the curse of poor health in his early youth. His fearful gaze was shaken by the dragon speaking directly to him, introducing himself as Oceanus. "Oceanus," the Guardian repeated quietly. "When I was worth- I... I mean, my name is Thundercracker." He had almost said the traditional introduction for a shamed dragon, forgetting for a moment that to himself, he was no longer shamed, and that nothing else mattered.

"You... Are you going to use those tools on my side?" he asked, steadying his voice against the nervous waver it had.
@shynereid
((Nah bro, that's fine. I totally understand the stress of schoolwork.))

Thundercracker had dozed again in the time the blue Imperial dragon had been gone. He hadn't dreamt of anything during his nap, but he felt wonderfully refreshed. The sunlight was so warm, the sky was cloudless, and small songbirds flew overhead, paying no heed to the great scaly beast beneath them. Today is a good day for a new beginning, the young dragon decided. He stretched his wings wide, showing off the Seraph pattern he had been born with, and folded them again. He didn't get up, but he shifted his legs under him, in order to get rid of the pins and needles that had developed in them.

His head perked up as the sound of wingbeats approached. He knew without seeing that it was the Imperial who had saved him. He wasn't sure how he knew, but perhaps feathered wings sounded different to him than wings without. New beginning or not, Thundercracker was still a shrinking violet and couldn't bring himself to say hello first. He acknowledged the older dragon's presence and watched him set up his camp. The preparation of the fish made his mouth water, and also made him wonder where his deer had gotten to. Carried off by a scavenger, no doubt.

Thundercracker's brow furrowed as he saw the row of shining medical instruments being laid out on the sun-baked ground. He had never been to a healer. Somehow, despite being a runt, he avoided the curse of poor health in his early youth. His fearful gaze was shaken by the dragon speaking directly to him, introducing himself as Oceanus. "Oceanus," the Guardian repeated quietly. "When I was worth- I... I mean, my name is Thundercracker." He had almost said the traditional introduction for a shamed dragon, forgetting for a moment that to himself, he was no longer shamed, and that nothing else mattered.

"You... Are you going to use those tools on my side?" he asked, steadying his voice against the nervous waver it had.
@Tracks
((OMG, only a week left and then summer, and while i have summer school it's more self study than anything so it will be my own rate of work. All i have to do is brave finals next week and I'm free :~: I'm not even stressed about the tests, it's finishing the work on time. Ugh, I should be more active when school finishes.))

So his name is Thundercracker. Mmm defiantly a Lighting flight name. I think, Mareas never tell me about the finer points of naming babies. Just "scary" things and such.
"Yes, I will us these. I am boiling everything to make sure it is clean. Hold still as i use this medicine to clean the wound first. I also found the numbing potion while unpacking. But i will only be using that after the wound is clean so it will still hurt. But at least you won't feel the stitch. If you don't look at what I'm doing when stitching it also helps. It seems a bit like you haven't had anything like this done to you so I will try to make it as pain free as possible." Oceanus said to Thundercracker. Softly, he started to put peroxide potion on Thundercracke's wound. He stopped after the first dab to look at the young dragon to see how he was fairing.
@Tracks
((OMG, only a week left and then summer, and while i have summer school it's more self study than anything so it will be my own rate of work. All i have to do is brave finals next week and I'm free :~: I'm not even stressed about the tests, it's finishing the work on time. Ugh, I should be more active when school finishes.))

So his name is Thundercracker. Mmm defiantly a Lighting flight name. I think, Mareas never tell me about the finer points of naming babies. Just "scary" things and such.
"Yes, I will us these. I am boiling everything to make sure it is clean. Hold still as i use this medicine to clean the wound first. I also found the numbing potion while unpacking. But i will only be using that after the wound is clean so it will still hurt. But at least you won't feel the stitch. If you don't look at what I'm doing when stitching it also helps. It seems a bit like you haven't had anything like this done to you so I will try to make it as pain free as possible." Oceanus said to Thundercracker. Softly, he started to put peroxide potion on Thundercracke's wound. He stopped after the first dab to look at the young dragon to see how he was fairing.
QpH1eoo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6