Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Hero's Roleplay
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yay~ introduction post so, it's a little longer than it should be... But still pretty short. :3 ))

Footsteps echoed through the streets as a young women ran frantically, her hair flowing in the wind in a messy manner, obviously pressed for time. She somewhat stood out against the crowd, her attire being a bit odd, especially with the chains, and eyes a glistening hue of gold, but other than that she seemed quite mundane as she pushed through crowds in hurry. Actually, the lass had received a particularly strange phone call, a summons to some big government agency building. She was no stranger to some of these people, considering she wasn't exactly a native of their planet, but it was a different branch of the agency that had summoned her on this occasion.

Late! Late! Late! So much for first impressions!

Finally, she found herself skidding to a halt before a towering skyscraper, gaze drifting to catch a glimpse of the top, but found it a bit to straining. Panting, the girl swiftly pushed through the doors and stumbled to the front desk. "I'm here, for the-" the clerk cut her off, pointing to the elevator "Top floor, four doors down and to your right. You won't miss it." Nodding her thanks, she rushed to the elevator, catching it before it closed."

After a long torturous ride filled with the boring repetitive sound known as elevator music, she was swiftly clambering down the hallway. When she reached the doors, without thinking, she burst through a few minutes after they were told to wait a bit longer for those whom had yet to show. "Sorry I'm late!" She panted, totally wind blown, hands dropping to her knees as she caught her breath.

@MagicCatX333 @PhoenixGirl513 @Azshyra @dragonfly
Yay~ introduction post so, it's a little longer than it should be... But still pretty short. :3 ))

Footsteps echoed through the streets as a young women ran frantically, her hair flowing in the wind in a messy manner, obviously pressed for time. She somewhat stood out against the crowd, her attire being a bit odd, especially with the chains, and eyes a glistening hue of gold, but other than that she seemed quite mundane as she pushed through crowds in hurry. Actually, the lass had received a particularly strange phone call, a summons to some big government agency building. She was no stranger to some of these people, considering she wasn't exactly a native of their planet, but it was a different branch of the agency that had summoned her on this occasion.

Late! Late! Late! So much for first impressions!

Finally, she found herself skidding to a halt before a towering skyscraper, gaze drifting to catch a glimpse of the top, but found it a bit to straining. Panting, the girl swiftly pushed through the doors and stumbled to the front desk. "I'm here, for the-" the clerk cut her off, pointing to the elevator "Top floor, four doors down and to your right. You won't miss it." Nodding her thanks, she rushed to the elevator, catching it before it closed."

After a long torturous ride filled with the boring repetitive sound known as elevator music, she was swiftly clambering down the hallway. When she reached the doors, without thinking, she burst through a few minutes after they were told to wait a bit longer for those whom had yet to show. "Sorry I'm late!" She panted, totally wind blown, hands dropping to her knees as she caught her breath.

Triple Ripple Raffle

Triple gold Ripple coatls + other great prizes!
Cass leaned his head back in the uncomfortable plasticroom chair, wishing Ira would show up already. He knew his friend didn't like meeting with 'agent types' or any figure that had any sort of authority over him, but if Ira left Cass alone for this, he would kill him. It probably wouldn't take that much effort...

Ira finally made it to the huge skyscraper, only slightly -okay, a lot- out of breath. While he did live in the city, he lived much farther to the east, so it wasn't a short walk to get there. "This had better be worth it." he grumbled, stepping into an elevator and glaring at the door.
A few moment later, the elevator dinged and let him out into a usual office sort of hallway. He followed a few signs until he got to the small conference room he'd been told to wait. Six other people already occupied the room, including his partner. Without saying anything, he sat down next to Cass and glared at the table.

"Exelent people skills Ira," Cass murmured "You always make the best first impressions."

As if to spite his friend, Cass smiled at the girl who had arrived just moments before Ira. "Hullo, I'm Mimic. Any idea why we're all here?"

@Galileo @dragonfly @PhoenixGirl513 @azshyra
Cass leaned his head back in the uncomfortable plasticroom chair, wishing Ira would show up already. He knew his friend didn't like meeting with 'agent types' or any figure that had any sort of authority over him, but if Ira left Cass alone for this, he would kill him. It probably wouldn't take that much effort...

Ira finally made it to the huge skyscraper, only slightly -okay, a lot- out of breath. While he did live in the city, he lived much farther to the east, so it wasn't a short walk to get there. "This had better be worth it." he grumbled, stepping into an elevator and glaring at the door.
A few moment later, the elevator dinged and let him out into a usual office sort of hallway. He followed a few signs until he got to the small conference room he'd been told to wait. Six other people already occupied the room, including his partner. Without saying anything, he sat down next to Cass and glared at the table.

"Exelent people skills Ira," Cass murmured "You always make the best first impressions."

As if to spite his friend, Cass smiled at the girl who had arrived just moments before Ira. "Hullo, I'm Mimic. Any idea why we're all here?"

CPMK3ES.gif
Dream-Dragon-Hatchery-Button.png
aiheRBy.png
Hands still to her knees for a long moment, the lass lifted a hand as someone directed a greeting her way, a gesture to give her just another moment. Finally, lifting herself up, she ran her fingers through her hair to moderately fix it so it didn't look as messy. As she did this, she responded to the other's words. "Greetings. I'm Sa- called Dragon." Her vocals were light and breathy as she walked closer to take one of the remaining vacant seats, leaning back in the chair with a sigh, before continuing. "Honestly, I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I'm not entirely sure myself." Sasha huffed as she fixed her bangs to conceal the scar upon her forehead once more, patting her hair down irritably with a slight scowl. "Exciting, isn't it?" She asked with a raised brow, smiling wryly as sarcasm tainted her remark.

Hands still to her knees for a long moment, the lass lifted a hand as someone directed a greeting her way, a gesture to give her just another moment. Finally, lifting herself up, she ran her fingers through her hair to moderately fix it so it didn't look as messy. As she did this, she responded to the other's words. "Greetings. I'm Sa- called Dragon." Her vocals were light and breathy as she walked closer to take one of the remaining vacant seats, leaning back in the chair with a sigh, before continuing. "Honestly, I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I'm not entirely sure myself." Sasha huffed as she fixed her bangs to conceal the scar upon her forehead once more, patting her hair down irritably with a slight scowl. "Exciting, isn't it?" She asked with a raised brow, smiling wryly as sarcasm tainted her remark.

Triple Ripple Raffle

Triple gold Ripple coatls + other great prizes!
@MagicCatX333 @PhoenixGirl513 @Azshyra @Galileo

Khione walked up to the elevator which would take her to the meeting. Elevator music was terrible, and she walked in pressing the up button. Finally the elevator went ding and she stepped out. She was late, but she was always late to everything. Putting her mask on she swung open the doors. There were seven people there, Hmm this must be very serious, she thought. Entering she sat in an unoccupied seat,"So what's going on?" she asked impatiently. She did not care that she was late, she just wanted to get this over with.
@MagicCatX333 @PhoenixGirl513 @Azshyra @Galileo

Khione walked up to the elevator which would take her to the meeting. Elevator music was terrible, and she walked in pressing the up button. Finally the elevator went ding and she stepped out. She was late, but she was always late to everything. Putting her mask on she swung open the doors. There were seven people there, Hmm this must be very serious, she thought. Entering she sat in an unoccupied seat,"So what's going on?" she asked impatiently. She did not care that she was late, she just wanted to get this over with.
tumblr_mx0k4nv8sk1scuu34o1_100.png
The Crows each glanced around the room for different reasons. Melanie, looking for potential marks and security systems (occupational hazard) Flynn for anyone, anyone carrying a weapon, and Mitch looking for anything worth hacking. But eventually people started chatting and Melanie decided to speak, nudging her partners as she did so.

"Call me Gears, or Fox." she said, to no one in particular, but glancing over at the one who had called himself "Mimic".

Flynn raised a lazy hand. "I'm Gunner, or Hawkeye."

"Twitch." Mitch said simply. He didn't like the other name that Ash had assigned him, which was "Techno". It sounded stupid. He then gestured to his teammates. "We're the Crows."

Melanie vaguely wondered why everyone was giving their code names, but quickly brushed the thought aside. It wasn't rare for them to use only their code names on a job, it was just for self-preservation (which was often their main concern).

The group found seats together at the table, with Flynn sitting next to Mimic and Melanie next to the wall on which the woman with all the white leaned against, and Mitch in the middle. None of them removed their masks. Even though they covered the nose and mouth, their voices still rang clear despite the fabric, so there was no point in removing them. Plus, only Flynn and Mitch would take them off, leaving people to wonder why Melanie wouldn't. They didn't need them asking those types of questions.

Flynn glanced over at the girl who had just arrived. She looked rather young, and wore a similarly ridiculous getup as the rest of them. Flynn raised her eyebrows and answered, "Just waiting." before pulling out her favourite pistol. She then proceeded to take it apart and clean it. Melanie took out a butterfly knife and started fiddling with the joint mechanism. Mitch glanced at the girls and scoffed. They never were good at sitting still.

@MagicCatX333 @Azshyra @Galileo @Dragonfly
The Crows each glanced around the room for different reasons. Melanie, looking for potential marks and security systems (occupational hazard) Flynn for anyone, anyone carrying a weapon, and Mitch looking for anything worth hacking. But eventually people started chatting and Melanie decided to speak, nudging her partners as she did so.

"Call me Gears, or Fox." she said, to no one in particular, but glancing over at the one who had called himself "Mimic".

Flynn raised a lazy hand. "I'm Gunner, or Hawkeye."

"Twitch." Mitch said simply. He didn't like the other name that Ash had assigned him, which was "Techno". It sounded stupid. He then gestured to his teammates. "We're the Crows."

Melanie vaguely wondered why everyone was giving their code names, but quickly brushed the thought aside. It wasn't rare for them to use only their code names on a job, it was just for self-preservation (which was often their main concern).

The group found seats together at the table, with Flynn sitting next to Mimic and Melanie next to the wall on which the woman with all the white leaned against, and Mitch in the middle. None of them removed their masks. Even though they covered the nose and mouth, their voices still rang clear despite the fabric, so there was no point in removing them. Plus, only Flynn and Mitch would take them off, leaving people to wonder why Melanie wouldn't. They didn't need them asking those types of questions.

Flynn glanced over at the girl who had just arrived. She looked rather young, and wore a similarly ridiculous getup as the rest of them. Flynn raised her eyebrows and answered, "Just waiting." before pulling out her favourite pistol. She then proceeded to take it apart and clean it. Melanie took out a butterfly knife and started fiddling with the joint mechanism. Mitch glanced at the girls and scoffed. They never were good at sitting still.

@MagicCatX333 @Azshyra @Galileo @Dragonfly
pyrrha_zpsd3b32623.giffire_banner.png
((@MagicCatX333 @PhoenixGirl513 @dragonfly @Galileo

@_@
Sorry, I passed out))

Blink didn't try to extend her hand. Her helmet had moved as if to indicate looking over the other people gathering inside the room, but that was about it. Her fingers had stopped tapping on the white leather. "Blink, teleportation." she finally said, her voice cold as ice. As if she were looking down at them from her helmet. She didn't think she would need any of them.

The tall older woman nodded. Finally everyone had arrived and they appeared to be getting comfortable as well. Thieves, superheroes, hackers and that woman in white. Certainly not who she would choose to work with, but they didn't have any other choice.

She opened the laptop and briefcase, a press of a button on her remote caused a projector to sink from the ceiling, pointed at the back wall. Angharad sighed and adjusted her tie, looking around, she nodded. "You may call me Strix. All of you have been asked to gather here, because it seems the government is in need of your assistance. Against adequate compensation of course, but from the company you're in, you must already have guessed that the situation is dire. Lately there have been a string of attacks, our intelligence hasn't revealed much yet, but from what we can tell they are only a symptom of a much bigger problem. We aren't quite certain yet concerning the exact scale or people involved, however at least one, possibly more super powered individuals have been observed. The attacks have been carried out with a worrying degree of organization, appear to have significant financial backing and are aimed directly at destabilizing the government, after apparently already having taken over a good chunk of the black market and still making progress in increasing their share. I hope you can all imagine what this means. I'm afraid we are in a crisis which may well affect everyone."
((@MagicCatX333 @PhoenixGirl513 @dragonfly @Galileo

@_@
Sorry, I passed out))

Blink didn't try to extend her hand. Her helmet had moved as if to indicate looking over the other people gathering inside the room, but that was about it. Her fingers had stopped tapping on the white leather. "Blink, teleportation." she finally said, her voice cold as ice. As if she were looking down at them from her helmet. She didn't think she would need any of them.

The tall older woman nodded. Finally everyone had arrived and they appeared to be getting comfortable as well. Thieves, superheroes, hackers and that woman in white. Certainly not who she would choose to work with, but they didn't have any other choice.

She opened the laptop and briefcase, a press of a button on her remote caused a projector to sink from the ceiling, pointed at the back wall. Angharad sighed and adjusted her tie, looking around, she nodded. "You may call me Strix. All of you have been asked to gather here, because it seems the government is in need of your assistance. Against adequate compensation of course, but from the company you're in, you must already have guessed that the situation is dire. Lately there have been a string of attacks, our intelligence hasn't revealed much yet, but from what we can tell they are only a symptom of a much bigger problem. We aren't quite certain yet concerning the exact scale or people involved, however at least one, possibly more super powered individuals have been observed. The attacks have been carried out with a worrying degree of organization, appear to have significant financial backing and are aimed directly at destabilizing the government, after apparently already having taken over a good chunk of the black market and still making progress in increasing their share. I hope you can all imagine what this means. I'm afraid we are in a crisis which may well affect everyone."
wakibo5_zpsa5f18a20.pnghe6r.png
Agent Peters, who had been standing near the back of the room as everyone arrived, stepped forward and clicked on the projector. Several slightly blurred pictures appeared, showing men and women in tight yellow suits with the symbol for radon, Rn, on their back's in black.
"So far, we have only caught a few members of Radon. As far as we have gathered, the lower ranking members that you see here have been using explosives and chemical weapons whenever they need something flashy, though we believe their main bussiness is in the drug trade. While this is certainly a concern to us, it's the higher ranking members who are more of a threat." Agent Peters paused, clicking to the next slide, which showed an even blurrier picture of several people on top of a building, looking down at the street bellow.
"The higher members are the ones we believe to have powers like several of yourselves. This is the only picture we have of them, and any information is sketchy at best, but the signs add up. This leads to why you're all here." Again, he paused, and looked at the assembled teens and young adults intensely.
"You seven((eight?)) are the best heroes and vigilantes this city has. We know you may be hesitant to help us, but we can and will pay you if you except. If you do not wish to except, all we ask is that you never speak of anything you learned here to anyone outside this room. As of this moment, it is considered a government secret. Also, before you decide, I want each of you to introduce yourselves, or rather, introduce what you have to aid the team you would form." He smiled slightly, and gestured toward them all.
"I'm Agent Fredrick Peters, and if you all do except, I will be your... manager."
((I know most characters have introduced themselves already, but it seemed like the procedural sort of thing to do : P ))

Agent Peters, who had been standing near the back of the room as everyone arrived, stepped forward and clicked on the projector. Several slightly blurred pictures appeared, showing men and women in tight yellow suits with the symbol for radon, Rn, on their back's in black.
"So far, we have only caught a few members of Radon. As far as we have gathered, the lower ranking members that you see here have been using explosives and chemical weapons whenever they need something flashy, though we believe their main bussiness is in the drug trade. While this is certainly a concern to us, it's the higher ranking members who are more of a threat." Agent Peters paused, clicking to the next slide, which showed an even blurrier picture of several people on top of a building, looking down at the street bellow.
"The higher members are the ones we believe to have powers like several of yourselves. This is the only picture we have of them, and any information is sketchy at best, but the signs add up. This leads to why you're all here." Again, he paused, and looked at the assembled teens and young adults intensely.
"You seven((eight?)) are the best heroes and vigilantes this city has. We know you may be hesitant to help us, but we can and will pay you if you except. If you do not wish to except, all we ask is that you never speak of anything you learned here to anyone outside this room. As of this moment, it is considered a government secret. Also, before you decide, I want each of you to introduce yourselves, or rather, introduce what you have to aid the team you would form." He smiled slightly, and gestured toward them all.
"I'm Agent Fredrick Peters, and if you all do except, I will be your... manager."
((I know most characters have introduced themselves already, but it seemed like the procedural sort of thing to do : P ))

CPMK3ES.gif
aiheRBy.png
((Well, the lower ranking members are doing things more like heists, robbing banks and tech factories, destroying things, just generally causing trouble. It's the higher members who would be using fancier weapons for more terrorist like things, but they have powers, and thus wouldn't need to. PMing plans is probably a good idea ^^ I do have a plan on what's up with the radons, which I'll send you ASAP, though probably not right this minute since I have to go clean dishes XP I really like your ideas for weapons though, so maybe those should defininetly come into play, either with the higher rank members or the lower ranks, both would work I think. Definitely PM me any ideas as well : P ))

@Azshyra
((Well, the lower ranking members are doing things more like heists, robbing banks and tech factories, destroying things, just generally causing trouble. It's the higher members who would be using fancier weapons for more terrorist like things, but they have powers, and thus wouldn't need to. PMing plans is probably a good idea ^^ I do have a plan on what's up with the radons, which I'll send you ASAP, though probably not right this minute since I have to go clean dishes XP I really like your ideas for weapons though, so maybe those should defininetly come into play, either with the higher rank members or the lower ranks, both would work I think. Definitely PM me any ideas as well : P ))

@Azshyra
CPMK3ES.gif
aiheRBy.png
Melanie tilted her head a bit at the mention of powers, but said nothing. She was surprised to be sure, but wouldn't betray that to the others. Her face kept flawlessly neutral.

Mitch was eyeing the older agent's computer with his peer-proclaimed "hacker look" but had decided not to interfere just yet.

All three Crows watched and listened intently as they were briefed on their enemy. Already the wheels in Flynn's mind were turning. They called themselves Radon, used the Rn symbol, they were obviously referring to the noble gas. She rather doubted that they were working with actual Radon (it was highly radioactive) but they were obviously keeping with the theme. Explosions and chemicals? Hmm…

Flynn spoke up for her group. "Well, we're in," she began, then quickly got right down to business. "So if they're using toxic chemicals or chemical explosives, they either have access to a lot of money or they're stealing it all. Either way, there's a paper trail somewhere." She nodded to Mitch, "Twitch can track that down. If the supplies were purchased, then there will most likely be records. If stolen, then-"

"Then I can retrace their footsteps." Melanie cut Flynn off mid-sentance. "Won't be cheap though."

Mitch spoke up. "Anything else at all trackable?" he pulled out a laptop, powering it on.

Flynn glanced around. Ah yes, introductions. She pointed a thumb at her chest. "Yeah, I'm Gunner, more commonly known as Hawkeye. I specialize in all forms of weaponry. Use, construction, and trafficking. Also a trained pilot, but that isn't too important here I'd guess."

Melanie spoke up. "Again, I'm Gears, commonly known as Fox, I'm a thief. I can steal anything inside any system you throw at me."

Mitch looked up briefly from his screen. "Twitch, Techno, I'm the tech guy. Hacker, programmer, and general gadget guy."
@MagicCatX333 @Azshyra @Galileo @dragonfly
Melanie tilted her head a bit at the mention of powers, but said nothing. She was surprised to be sure, but wouldn't betray that to the others. Her face kept flawlessly neutral.

Mitch was eyeing the older agent's computer with his peer-proclaimed "hacker look" but had decided not to interfere just yet.

All three Crows watched and listened intently as they were briefed on their enemy. Already the wheels in Flynn's mind were turning. They called themselves Radon, used the Rn symbol, they were obviously referring to the noble gas. She rather doubted that they were working with actual Radon (it was highly radioactive) but they were obviously keeping with the theme. Explosions and chemicals? Hmm…

Flynn spoke up for her group. "Well, we're in," she began, then quickly got right down to business. "So if they're using toxic chemicals or chemical explosives, they either have access to a lot of money or they're stealing it all. Either way, there's a paper trail somewhere." She nodded to Mitch, "Twitch can track that down. If the supplies were purchased, then there will most likely be records. If stolen, then-"

"Then I can retrace their footsteps." Melanie cut Flynn off mid-sentance. "Won't be cheap though."

Mitch spoke up. "Anything else at all trackable?" he pulled out a laptop, powering it on.

Flynn glanced around. Ah yes, introductions. She pointed a thumb at her chest. "Yeah, I'm Gunner, more commonly known as Hawkeye. I specialize in all forms of weaponry. Use, construction, and trafficking. Also a trained pilot, but that isn't too important here I'd guess."

Melanie spoke up. "Again, I'm Gears, commonly known as Fox, I'm a thief. I can steal anything inside any system you throw at me."

Mitch looked up briefly from his screen. "Twitch, Techno, I'm the tech guy. Hacker, programmer, and general gadget guy."
@MagicCatX333 @Azshyra @Galileo @dragonfly
pyrrha_zpsd3b32623.giffire_banner.png
@magiccatx333 @azshyra @Galileo @PhoenixGirl513

Khione thought for a second. Yes this did sound serious, and, as much as she hated to admit, she guessed she would need help from the rest of the people here,"Call me Nyx," she said, leaning forward in her seat,"So is there any plan of attack that you want us to do, or will we have to make it up as we go along," she asked gesturing to the two agents. Hopefully the other people would not get in her way, and if they did she would not hesitate to do what was necessary for the good of whatever mission they were going on.
@magiccatx333 @azshyra @Galileo @PhoenixGirl513

Khione thought for a second. Yes this did sound serious, and, as much as she hated to admit, she guessed she would need help from the rest of the people here,"Call me Nyx," she said, leaning forward in her seat,"So is there any plan of attack that you want us to do, or will we have to make it up as we go along," she asked gesturing to the two agents. Hopefully the other people would not get in her way, and if they did she would not hesitate to do what was necessary for the good of whatever mission they were going on.
tumblr_mx0k4nv8sk1scuu34o1_100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8