Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Write to adopt!
1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 196 197
@DragonFriend611 Poor guy deserves a bit of love after all of that! I'll send Rishi right over.
@DragonFriend611 Poor guy deserves a bit of love after all of that! I'll send Rishi right over.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59218253] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/592183/59218253_350.png[/img] [/url] I have great interest in this lady. Could I have a hold on her?
@mermaidlorelei

59218253_350.png

I have great interest in this lady. Could I have a hold on her?
@Decaffeinated May I be added to the 'General Pinglist' please?
@Decaffeinated May I be added to the 'General Pinglist' please?
aqLwpCP.png
@Decaffeinated Sorry for the poor quality of this story :( I feel like it's so scattered, but it's the best I've got right now [s]warning for drowning? no details, but, dragons drown[/s] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59903888] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/389136790231056390/698030613940404254/Atlantis.png[/img] [/url][/center] ------------------------------------ [center][b]The Lost City[/b][/center] They were so close, Melusine could feel its call in her bones. Whoever said dead things had no voice must have never spent a night underwater. The lost city was still whispering, murmurs carried upon the waves to reach their straining ears. Closer, closer, not quite close enough. Day after day, night after night, they searched for it. Combed every inch of abyss far below the waves, spoke little, slept not at all. Sometimes, she swore that the city was deliberately toying with them. It wasn't even her mission, really. This group of treasure hunters had hired her for nothing more than her abilities as a mage, close-lipped temperament, and her clan's reputation for turning a blind eye to more... illicit types of activities. Still, she shared in the entire party's frustrations as the search turned up fruitless while the weeks dragged on. They stumbled upon their lucky break a month in; or perhaps, it was fate that found them. A great underwater chasm stretched into the distance, murky blue swallowing up the sharp edges, until none of them could tell where it ended or began. From that crack in the seabed, a great and shadowed head arose. The entire group's search ground to a halt beneath the keen gaze of this strange Pearlcatcher. Runes carved along his cheeks, flowing beneath crimson eyes, illuminated by the pale blue glow of his horns. He must have his own underwater breathing spell on, to survive in these depths, though it wasn't visible at all. Odd enough to warrant a second, cautious glance from her, especially coupled with his approach. At once, the group settled into a defensive stance, fighters taking up position in front as a shield, vulnerable--including Melusine herself--herded into the center. The leader, an aging and scarred Skydancer, made a gesture for a telepathy spell. She complied instantly, casting a net of translucent tendrils that settled like a blanket over all the dragons. The Pearlcatcher made no move to dodge, letting the magic settle over himself before he spoke. [b]You seek?[/b] The Skydancer moved to the forefront, caution in every line of her body. Deliberating how much to reveal. [b]A city of ruins, long lost, rumored to abound with artifacts. Swallowed by the sea a century back. Do you know the city of which we speak?[/b] She did not mention the tales of unspeakable treasure, Melusine noted. Likely a wise move. [b]I do.[/b] He regarded them steadily, offering no more than that. [b]Do you know the way there?[/b] The leader demanded, sensing opportunity. Melusine could almost see her greed overriding her caution. Perhaps it would have been smarter to ask this stranger who and what he was first. She kept her opinions to herself and her gaze on the mysterious dragon. [b]Maybe.[/b] He replied, face an expressionless mask. [b]Will you guide us?[/b] [b]Not for free.[/b] Head tilted, a gravity in his eyes that none of them understood at the time. A warning that went unheeded. [b]For a price, then.[/b] The Skydancer pressed. [b]What would you ask?[/b] An emotion swept through his gaze, a strange thing almost like sadness. [b]Your tithe will be paid in full. But it is not I that will demand this price from you. You wish to find the lost city? There is a reason it was lost in the first place.[/b] [b]Still, we wish to look upon it, discover its secrets for ourselves.[/b] Head bowed, he turned his back on the party. [b]Then come.[/b] A grave look over his shoulder, half his face shrouded in darkness, visible at the very edge of the crevasse. [b]And pray you do not regret it.[/b] ---- They journeyed deeper and deeper into the very depths of the earth, swimming with the subtle current pulling them into that endless abyss. Melusine could not help her wariness, sharpest in the hours of stillness while she kept watch over her slumbering companions. Magic drained away her fatigue. It could not keep the worries at bay. She said nothing, though, as it was not her place. When they finally arrived at the city, their guide disappeared. Nobody else seemed to notice, too caught up in the haunting beauty of the wreckage of the great hall. Melusine did. She was the first to speak, fine tuned senses roving over the empty halls. Feeling something amiss. [b]Something is not right here.[/b] No sooner had the words left her mouth that her first underwater breathing spell began to dissolve. Furthest from her, at the edge of the party, a Spiral made a frantic motion to catch her attention. Frowning, she threw up another shimmering barrier. They all watched it crumble beneath some invisible force. The dragon began to run out of air. Now, the first vestiges of panic set in, as spell after spell gave way. Soon enough, the entire party was suffocating, features twisted in horror. Helpless, she watched them drown. Death descended, glazing pair after pair of accusatory eyes turned her way. [i]Oh, by the Tidelord, she never should have taken this job.[/i] Her own shield gave way, seawater rushing into her lungs and suddenly she was choking on it. On the water, on the guilt. It was beyond her, forces at play she could not control, yet somehow she still felt as if she'd failed them. [b]Atlantis is a lost city for a reason, and it will remain that way for millennia more.[/b] His voice brushed against her mind once more, the Pearlcatcher stepping out from behind a collapsed marble column. [b]You should have listened when I warned you.[/b] [b]Who are you?[/b] Her consciousness was fading, colors leeching out as patches of black ate away the edges of her vision. [b]What are you?[/b] [b]I am nobody, but I am its guardian.[/b] And those scarlet eyes were infinitely, infinitely sad. Filled with a loneliness she could not comprehend.[b] As long as greed lives on, so too does my curse.[/b] Melusine reached out a talon, desperate to wipe away some of that unbearable sorrow. Before she could make contact, the darkness rushed in, and she knew nothing more.
@Decaffeinated

Sorry for the poor quality of this story :( I feel like it's so scattered, but it's the best I've got right now

warning for drowning? no details, but, dragons drown

The Lost City

They were so close, Melusine could feel its call in her bones.

Whoever said dead things had no voice must have never spent a night underwater. The lost city was still whispering, murmurs carried upon the waves to reach their straining ears.

Closer, closer, not quite close enough. Day after day, night after night, they searched for it. Combed every inch of abyss far below the waves, spoke little, slept not at all.

Sometimes, she swore that the city was deliberately toying with them.

It wasn't even her mission, really. This group of treasure hunters had hired her for nothing more than her abilities as a mage, close-lipped temperament, and her clan's reputation for turning a blind eye to more... illicit types of activities. Still, she shared in the entire party's frustrations as the search turned up fruitless while the weeks dragged on.

They stumbled upon their lucky break a month in; or perhaps, it was fate that found them. A great underwater chasm stretched into the distance, murky blue swallowing up the sharp edges, until none of them could tell where it ended or began.

From that crack in the seabed, a great and shadowed head arose. The entire group's search ground to a halt beneath the keen gaze of this strange Pearlcatcher. Runes carved along his cheeks, flowing beneath crimson eyes, illuminated by the pale blue glow of his horns. He must have his own underwater breathing spell on, to survive in these depths, though it wasn't visible at all. Odd enough to warrant a second, cautious glance from her, especially coupled with his approach.

At once, the group settled into a defensive stance, fighters taking up position in front as a shield, vulnerable--including Melusine herself--herded into the center. The leader, an aging and scarred Skydancer, made a gesture for a telepathy spell. She complied instantly, casting a net of translucent tendrils that settled like a blanket over all the dragons.

The Pearlcatcher made no move to dodge, letting the magic settle over himself before he spoke. You seek?

The Skydancer moved to the forefront, caution in every line of her body. Deliberating how much to reveal. A city of ruins, long lost, rumored to abound with artifacts. Swallowed by the sea a century back. Do you know the city of which we speak? She did not mention the tales of unspeakable treasure, Melusine noted. Likely a wise move.

I do. He regarded them steadily, offering no more than that.

Do you know the way there? The leader demanded, sensing opportunity.

Melusine could almost see her greed overriding her caution. Perhaps it would have been smarter to ask this stranger who and what he was first. She kept her opinions to herself and her gaze on the mysterious dragon.

Maybe. He replied, face an expressionless mask.

Will you guide us?

Not for free. Head tilted, a gravity in his eyes that none of them understood at the time. A warning that went unheeded.

For a price, then. The Skydancer pressed. What would you ask?

An emotion swept through his gaze, a strange thing almost like sadness. Your tithe will be paid in full. But it is not I that will demand this price from you. You wish to find the lost city? There is a reason it was lost in the first place.

Still, we wish to look upon it, discover its secrets for ourselves.

Head bowed, he turned his back on the party. Then come. A grave look over his shoulder, half his face shrouded in darkness, visible at the very edge of the crevasse. And pray you do not regret it.

----

They journeyed deeper and deeper into the very depths of the earth, swimming with the subtle current pulling them into that endless abyss. Melusine could not help her wariness, sharpest in the hours of stillness while she kept watch over her slumbering companions. Magic drained away her fatigue. It could not keep the worries at bay. She said nothing, though, as it was not her place.

When they finally arrived at the city, their guide disappeared. Nobody else seemed to notice, too caught up in the haunting beauty of the wreckage of the great hall. Melusine did.

She was the first to speak, fine tuned senses roving over the empty halls. Feeling something amiss. Something is not right here.

No sooner had the words left her mouth that her first underwater breathing spell began to dissolve. Furthest from her, at the edge of the party, a Spiral made a frantic motion to catch her attention.

Frowning, she threw up another shimmering barrier. They all watched it crumble beneath some invisible force.

The dragon began to run out of air. Now, the first vestiges of panic set in, as spell after spell gave way. Soon enough, the entire party was suffocating, features twisted in horror. Helpless, she watched them drown.

Death descended, glazing pair after pair of accusatory eyes turned her way. Oh, by the Tidelord, she never should have taken this job. Her own shield gave way, seawater rushing into her lungs and suddenly she was choking on it. On the water, on the guilt.

It was beyond her, forces at play she could not control, yet somehow she still felt as if she'd failed them.

Atlantis is a lost city for a reason, and it will remain that way for millennia more. His voice brushed against her mind once more, the Pearlcatcher stepping out from behind a collapsed marble column. You should have listened when I warned you.

Who are you? Her consciousness was fading, colors leeching out as patches of black ate away the edges of her vision. What are you?

I am nobody, but I am its guardian. And those scarlet eyes were infinitely, infinitely sad. Filled with a loneliness she could not comprehend. As long as greed lives on, so too does my curse.

Melusine reached out a talon, desperate to wipe away some of that unbearable sorrow. Before she could make contact, the darkness rushed in, and she knew nothing more.
[center]@mermaidlorelei I've written some stuff up for this girl! Sorry if it's a bit scattered, aha, but I'm v excited about her! [s]Also cw for loss of will to live?[/s] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60022302] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/600224/60022302_350.png[/img] [/url] The sweet song of a lute curled lazily through the woods, briefly stirring the lone inhabitant of the clearing. An ear twitched briefly, the limp body of the dragoness betrayed some sign of life, before returning to her mimicry of death. Water lapped at her scales as she lay on the riverbank, tail and hind legs submerged. She did not know how long she had laid there for, but what did it matter? She could feel the moss and algae creeping up her once powerful tail, creeping up her too-visible spine. She no longer cared, let the river erode her scales, let the greenery make it's new home on her body. Perhaps if she stayed still for long enough, she would become one with her surroundings. Perhaps if she stayed still for long enough, she would forget. The ribbon of music continued to wind it's way toward her, the cheerful tune dancing closer and closer. And now she could make out the faint sounds of... singing? Indeed it was, for just as the dragoness mused that for there to be a song, there must be a singer, a rustle of leaves announced the arrival of said singer. A halfhearted glance revealed the stranger to be a [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=385253&did=57814510]pale fae[/url] with vivid green wings, absentmindedly gliding in circles above the treetops. Her eyes drifted shut again. A sudden gasp came from above; a rush of cool air hit her face as a small weight dropped onto the end of her snout. “Oh my goodness, hello?? Are you all right? Oh no, do you need help??” A frantic voice rang out, a far cry from the calming song from before. Her eyes reluctantly opened to a frazzled dragon perched on her muzzle. His tail was tightly curling and uncurling around the neck of his lute, pale green eyes wide with concern. He launched himself off her head, flitting around her body in what appeared to be an attempt to assess how he could assist her. She almost snorted at that. Heh, at least she could still feel amusement. The other dragon might mean well, but she was a guardian; she might be malnourished with little muscle tone left to her, but she was still over ten times his size. There would be no way for him to help her, even IF she wanted it. --------------- Danae was found by Tamlin on his way back from a poet’s convention in the EverBloom Gardens. He’d been composing a new ballad during his journey and had wandered off the route he intended to take, before he spotted a dark shape lying on the ground half in and half out of a river. Swooping down, he’d discovered an almost lifeless looking dragoness. From the look of the algae that had been growing over her and her very visible ribs, she had clearly been there for at least a week before he’d seen her. Danae was very reluctant to talk to Tamlin, often telling him to leave her be, as she had no wish to go on. Immediately refusing this request, Tamlin set about finding food for, and befriending, this melancholy dragoness. After several days of Tamlin’s company and care, Danae slowly began to take part in small conversations. Her voice was thin and gravelly with disuse, but as more time passed in his company, she became more amenable to answering questions about herself. She still refused to tell him how she had come to be in such a place, nor why she cared so little for her own wellbeing. Two weeks later, a few friends of Tamlin’s who’d also attended the convention discovered the pair as they flew over. Berating Tamlin for neglecting to send word to his clanmates of his delay, they told him that he’d been reported as missing, and that a group of his clanmates had been staying with another clan nearby whilst they searched for him. Feeling rather sheepish at that, Tamlin convinced the now stronger and healthier Danae to come with him and meet his clan. Assuring her that she would be incredibly welcome, and that the living had still more things to share with her, Tamlin coaxed her from the woods. ------------- Eventually, Danae would confide in Tamlin that she had rejected life after she had failed in protecting her Charge. Before she had met him, she and her Charge had been caught in a flash flood in the midst of a spring storm. They’d been swept down the river together, and Danae would recall anchoring herself to the rocks on the bank with her claws and reaching for her Charge with her tail. She remembered her slipping, she remembered the desperation in the water-sodden tundra’s amber eyes as she lost her grip on her tail. She’d dived in immediately after, but the water had been too fierce. Not even she could fight it, and she'd lost sight of her Charge for the last time as the tundra was dragged beneath the churning water. She never resurfaced. Heartsick, Danae let herself be swept along by the river until she caught on the bank where he’d found her. [/center]
@mermaidlorelei
I've written some stuff up for this girl! Sorry if it's a bit scattered, aha, but I'm v excited about her!

Also cw for loss of will to live?

60022302_350.png

The sweet song of a lute curled lazily through the woods, briefly stirring the lone inhabitant of the clearing. An ear twitched briefly, the limp body of the dragoness betrayed some sign of life, before returning to her mimicry of death. Water lapped at her scales as she lay on the riverbank, tail and hind legs submerged. She did not know how long she had laid there for, but what did it matter? She could feel the moss and algae creeping up her once powerful tail, creeping up her too-visible spine. She no longer cared, let the river erode her scales, let the greenery make it's new home on her body. Perhaps if she stayed still for long enough, she would become one with her surroundings. Perhaps if she stayed still for long enough, she would forget.

The ribbon of music continued to wind it's way toward her, the cheerful tune dancing closer and closer. And now she could make out the faint sounds of... singing? Indeed it was, for just as the dragoness mused that for there to be a song, there must be a singer, a rustle of leaves announced the arrival of said singer.

A halfhearted glance revealed the stranger to be a pale fae with vivid green wings, absentmindedly gliding in circles above the treetops. Her eyes drifted shut again. A sudden gasp came from above; a rush of cool air hit her face as a small weight dropped onto the end of her snout.

“Oh my goodness, hello?? Are you all right? Oh no, do you need help??”

A frantic voice rang out, a far cry from the calming song from before. Her eyes reluctantly opened to a frazzled dragon perched on her muzzle. His tail was tightly curling and uncurling around the neck of his lute, pale green eyes wide with concern. He launched himself off her head, flitting around her body in what appeared to be an attempt to assess how he could assist her. She almost snorted at that. Heh, at least she could still feel amusement. The other dragon might mean well, but she was a guardian; she might be malnourished with little muscle tone left to her, but she was still over ten times his size. There would be no way for him to help her, even IF she wanted it.

Danae was found by Tamlin on his way back from a poet’s convention in the EverBloom Gardens. He’d been composing a new ballad during his journey and had wandered off the route he intended to take, before he spotted a dark shape lying on the ground half in and half out of a river. Swooping down, he’d discovered an almost lifeless looking dragoness. From the look of the algae that had been growing over her and her very visible ribs, she had clearly been there for at least a week before he’d seen her.

Danae was very reluctant to talk to Tamlin, often telling him to leave her be, as she had no wish to go on. Immediately refusing this request, Tamlin set about finding food for, and befriending, this melancholy dragoness. After several days of Tamlin’s company and care, Danae slowly began to take part in small conversations. Her voice was thin and gravelly with disuse, but as more time passed in his company, she became more amenable to answering questions about herself. She still refused to tell him how she had come to be in such a place, nor why she cared so little for her own wellbeing.
Two weeks later, a few friends of Tamlin’s who’d also attended the convention discovered the pair as they flew over. Berating Tamlin for neglecting to send word to his clanmates of his delay, they told him that he’d been reported as missing, and that a group of his clanmates had been staying with another clan nearby whilst they searched for him. Feeling rather sheepish at that, Tamlin convinced the now stronger and healthier Danae to come with him and meet his clan. Assuring her that she would be incredibly welcome, and that the living had still more things to share with her, Tamlin coaxed her from the woods.

Eventually, Danae would confide in Tamlin that she had rejected life after she had failed in protecting her Charge. Before she had met him, she and her Charge had been caught in a flash flood in the midst of a spring storm. They’d been swept down the river together, and Danae would recall anchoring herself to the rocks on the bank with her claws and reaching for her Charge with her tail. She remembered her slipping, she remembered the desperation in the water-sodden tundra’s amber eyes as she lost her grip on her tail. She’d dived in immediately after, but the water had been too fierce. Not even she could fight it, and she'd lost sight of her Charge for the last time as the tundra was dragged beneath the churning water. She never resurfaced. Heartsick, Danae let herself be swept along by the river until she caught on the bank where he’d found her.
[center]@mermaidlorelei [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60057624] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/600577/60057624_350.png[/img] [/url] Here's my writing for him! His story is told from the perspective of another dragon. [/center] C A N D I C E PRIVATE NOTES Authorized personnel l Experiments department ----- Entry 18 ----- Today they brought in the third new ''volunteer'' since the day I was transferred to the experiments department. It's a little spiral male. Huelan brought him just a few hours ago and specified that he is to be put in the special rooms. He won't be experimented upon until he reaches a certain age. The spiral looks so small. Can barely flap his wings at this point. He kept looking at me while I helped transfer him to his new room. There's three more young ones in there already. At least he'll have company... ----- Entry 23 ----- They called him 52. I wanted to ask what his real name was but that would only raise more suspicion by the department heads. I must keep my head down and do my work, for now. There's still much I need to do before any escape plan can work. ----- Entry 27 ----- 52 seems oddly joyful for a prisoner. I guess it makes some sense, seeing that him and his group are some of the younger ones in the facility. I'm still unsure how Huelan and the others justify experimentation on children, considering their belief that they only use ''sinners and worthless ones'' as offerings to the Core. I think it has something to do with his markings. The same ones that 37 and 14 have. The same ones that I have. Huelan told me that these markings are similar to the ones on the Core and they suspect that those who have them have a magic closely connected to it. ----- Entry 32 ----- 52 bit my tail today. Not with malicious intent though. It looked like he wanted to play? This place disgusts me. ----- Entry 34 ----- I got the opportunity to ask 52 what his name was. He replied with ''52!'' I specified what his ''old name'' was. He looked a little confused but after a thoughtful look he replied. ''Mom called me Vathynero but when I had to stay with her friend Mira for a while she started calling me fifty-two. Vathynero is harder to pronounce I think. I kept getting the spelling wrong!''. He then ran off to finish his meal. Mira? The name sounds familiar. So she took her friends hatchling and brought him to the facilities. Does his mother know? ----- Entry 37 ----- Whenever I'm the only worker in charge of the young ones I make sure to bring in extra rations. I can't directly tell them I want to help since they could accidentally reveal that information to someone else, but at least they look healthier now. ----- Entry 40 ----- The eldest dragon in 52's group (44) has been taken away today. He was screaming throughout the entire process of the experimentation. He's been transferred to a different room. I need to speed up work on my escape plan. I'm not sure if they're planning on keeping him alive for longer or if he'll be fed to the Core soon. Lucas said that dragons marked in similar ways to 52 will be kept alive longer, so their magic will have manifested fully, by the time they're fed to the Core. ''It needs all the fuel it can get and magic keeps it stronger'', Lucas explained. But 44 doesn't have any markings... ----- Entry 41 ----- I'm sorry. ----- Entry 45 ----- 52 is no longer joyful. He flinches whenever one of us enters the room. Him and the other two young ones haven't been told what happened to 44 but they understand its not good. 52 is smarter than what I gave him credit for. He still seems to trust me and admitted to noticing that him and the others had bigger rations specifically when I was in charge of checking up on them. He admitted he misses his mother. ''She left me with Mira for a while to take care of some jobs but then Mira brought me here. Mom didn't know her friend was evil!'' I'm starting to think that she knew something. ----- Entry 51 ----- Turns out that 52's mother didn't know where her son was. It was worse. She simply didn't care. I had to meet with the dealers today. They bring in new ''volunteers'' every now and then and Huelan asked me to fetch them their payment. While walking towards their waiting room I was about to open the door when I heard one of the dealers detailing a past capture. It was Mira. The coatl who knew 52's mother. I eavesdropped from the door as she was telling her story, careful that no one would suddenly walk behind me. 52 was born at the outskirts of the city and lived in a small house with his mother and father. His mother was friends with Mira and knew a few details about her work (definitely not the parts about a huge Core that uses living dragons energy to survive). 52 turned out to show signs of prosperous magic powers when he reached adulthood. As young dragons tend to do, he'd sometimes have messy outbursts of power but it wasn't much his parents couldn't deal with. But there was one outburst that neither of them could have predicted, that still don't make sense. While 52 was excitedly playing with his father outdoors, his mother was inside the house when she heard terrible screams and saw a dark light from her window. When she ran out, all she could find was a very small and confused 52, his father nowhere to be seen. 52's rare magic manifested as disintegrating powers at the worst possible moment. When Mira heard what happened to her friends partner she saw an opportunity to easily get a new prisoner for the lab and swiftly offered his mother that she would ''take care'' of him. Uninterested in the child after he had caused her partners death, 52's mother gave him to Mira without hesitation. When the coatl later informed her that little 52 had disappeared, his mother didn't seem to care. After she was finished talking, I waited for a few minutes before casually walking in the room to give the dragons their payment. I don't know what 52 would do if he knew how his mother felt. ----- Entry 52 ----- Huelan wants faster results. 52 will be experimented upon tonight. I'm still working on my plan, so the heart can be sabotaged while me and as many prisoners (and maybe, some workers...) can escape the facility. It's progressing but I can't blow my cover yet. I just hope 52 will be... Relatively ok. I have the ''honor'' of supervising the whole ordeal. I felt like wanting to vomit when Lucas told me the news. I wish I could talk to 52 during the experiment. Tell him that our escape is close enough, that he'll be free and far, far away from the Core, the facility, the city. I can't do that just yet. ----- The experiment begins in about half an hour from now. -----
@mermaidlorelei

60057624_350.png

Here's my writing for him! His story is told from the perspective of another dragon.

C A N D I C E
PRIVATE NOTES
Authorized personnel l Experiments department
Entry 18
Today they brought in the third new ''volunteer'' since the day I was transferred to the experiments department. It's a little spiral male. Huelan brought him just a few hours ago and specified that he is to be put in the special rooms. He won't be experimented upon until he reaches a certain age.
The spiral looks so small. Can barely flap his wings at this point. He kept looking at me while I helped transfer him to his new room. There's three more young ones in there already. At least he'll have company...
Entry 23
They called him 52. I wanted to ask what his real name was but that would only raise more suspicion by the department heads. I must keep my head down and do my work, for now. There's still much I need to do before any escape plan can work.
Entry 27
52 seems oddly joyful for a prisoner. I guess it makes some sense, seeing that him and his group are some of the younger ones in the facility. I'm still unsure how Huelan and the others justify experimentation on children, considering their belief that they only use ''sinners and worthless ones'' as offerings to the Core.
I think it has something to do with his markings. The same ones that 37 and 14 have. The same ones that I have. Huelan told me that these markings are similar to the ones on the Core and they suspect that those who have them have a magic closely connected to it.
Entry 32
52 bit my tail today. Not with malicious intent though. It looked like he wanted to play?
This place disgusts me.
Entry 34
I got the opportunity to ask 52 what his name was. He replied with ''52!'' I specified what his ''old name'' was. He looked a little confused but after a thoughtful look he replied.
''Mom called me Vathynero but when I had to stay with her friend Mira for a while she started calling me fifty-two. Vathynero is harder to pronounce I think. I kept getting the spelling wrong!''. He then ran off to finish his meal.
Mira? The name sounds familiar. So she took her friends hatchling and brought him to the facilities. Does his mother know?
Entry 37
Whenever I'm the only worker in charge of the young ones I make sure to bring in extra rations. I can't directly tell them I want to help since they could accidentally reveal that information to someone else, but at least they look healthier now.
Entry 40
The eldest dragon in 52's group (44) has been taken away today. He was screaming throughout the entire process of the experimentation. He's been transferred to a different room. I need to speed up work on my escape plan. I'm not sure if they're planning on keeping him alive for longer or if he'll be fed to the Core soon.
Lucas said that dragons marked in similar ways to 52 will be kept alive longer, so their magic will have manifested fully, by the time they're fed to the Core. ''It needs all the fuel it can get and magic keeps it stronger'', Lucas explained. But 44 doesn't have any markings...
Entry 41
I'm sorry.
Entry 45
52 is no longer joyful. He flinches whenever one of us enters the room. Him and the other two young ones haven't been told what happened to 44 but they understand its not good.
52 is smarter than what I gave him credit for. He still seems to trust me and admitted to noticing that him and the others had bigger rations specifically when I was in charge of checking up on them. He admitted he misses his mother.
''She left me with Mira for a while to take care of some jobs but then Mira brought me here. Mom didn't know her friend was evil!''
I'm starting to think that she knew something.
Entry 51
Turns out that 52's mother didn't know where her son was. It was worse. She simply didn't care.
I had to meet with the dealers today. They bring in new ''volunteers'' every now and then and Huelan asked me to fetch them their payment. While walking towards their waiting room I was about to open the door when I heard one of the dealers detailing a past capture.
It was Mira. The coatl who knew 52's mother. I eavesdropped from the door as she was telling her story, careful that no one would suddenly walk behind me.
52 was born at the outskirts of the city and lived in a small house with his mother and father. His mother was friends with Mira and knew a few details about her work (definitely not the parts about a huge Core that uses living dragons energy to survive). 52 turned out to show signs of prosperous magic powers when he reached adulthood.
As young dragons tend to do, he'd sometimes have messy outbursts of power but it wasn't much his parents couldn't deal with. But there was one outburst that neither of them could have predicted, that still don't make sense. While 52 was excitedly playing with his father outdoors, his mother was inside the house when she heard terrible screams and saw a dark light from her window. When she ran out, all she could find was a very small and confused 52, his father nowhere to be seen. 52's rare magic manifested as disintegrating powers at the worst possible moment.
When Mira heard what happened to her friends partner she saw an opportunity to easily get a new prisoner for the lab and swiftly offered his mother that she would ''take care'' of him. Uninterested in the child after he had caused her partners death, 52's mother gave him to Mira without hesitation. When the coatl later informed her that little 52 had disappeared, his mother didn't seem to care.
After she was finished talking, I waited for a few minutes before casually walking in the room to give the dragons their payment.
I don't know what 52 would do if he knew how his mother felt.
Entry 52
Huelan wants faster results. 52 will be experimented upon tonight.
I'm still working on my plan, so the heart can be sabotaged while me and as many prisoners (and maybe, some workers...) can escape the facility. It's progressing but I can't blow my cover yet. I just hope 52 will be...
Relatively ok.
I have the ''honor'' of supervising the whole ordeal. I felt like wanting to vomit when Lucas told me the news. I wish I could talk to 52 during the experiment. Tell him that our escape is close enough, that he'll be free and far, far away from the Core, the facility, the city. I can't do that just yet.
The experiment begins in about half an hour from now.
crystals.png
@The6th Held for you!

@FireBrimstone Ooof, depression is a hard thing to come out of, the poor thing. I'm happy to hear Tamlin found her. :3

@VelvetBop Well now you have me absolutely interested in this Core. Why is it there, what does it do, why must they feed it magical energy? In any case, would you like me to name 52 Vathynero?
@The6th Held for you!

@FireBrimstone Ooof, depression is a hard thing to come out of, the poor thing. I'm happy to hear Tamlin found her. :3

@VelvetBop Well now you have me absolutely interested in this Core. Why is it there, what does it do, why must they feed it magical energy? In any case, would you like me to name 52 Vathynero?
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Mermaidlorelei Yep, Vathynero!
@Mermaidlorelei Yep, Vathynero!
crystals.png
@Decaffeinated Could I possibly put a hold on this lovely girl? [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60377008] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/603771/60377008_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated

Could I possibly put a hold on this lovely girl?

60377008_350.png
banner_grimm.png
@zara3447 I'm very sorry for the delay, I'll be sending Atlantis in a short moment.

@xspideray Certainly! She's held for you.
@zara3447 I'm very sorry for the delay, I'll be sending Atlantis in a short moment.

@xspideray Certainly! She's held for you.
1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 196 197