Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Write to adopt!
1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 196 197
@MermaidLorelei Can I take her? [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59974693] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/599747/59974693_350.png[/img] [/url] I've been looking for another mirror and she's taken my fancy. I'm going to write some lore that would be included in her bio, I would name her Fara. The pack runs fast yet she always made sure she was faster, the best hunter in her group, she didn’t bother to lurk in the shadows like her brothers and sisters of the night, nothing was better than to show off her moves. Fara was popular and well-loved by her fellow mirror’s having climbed so high, so quickly she became well respected. Fighting tooth and claw is what these beasts lived for and they excelled at exotic displays of power to impress one another but none ever impressed Fara. Many believe that her own vanity led to her demise, never allowing herself to take a mate or even make friends with anybody in the pack which made her easy prey in the eyes of jealous packmates. On a night that the storm-ravaged the forest, the pack had decided it was time to rest so they made themselves little huts in the woods. Their leader and his mate had taken rest in a hut rather far away from the others giving themselves room to talk about future plans as well as give them alone time but still, he decided to check the perimeter of the pack. You could imagine how distraught he was when he returned back to find his mate dead, quickly hunting for her killer and was even quicker at pointing claws at someone to take the blame. Poor little Fara just happened to be in the nearest hut to theirs. The only thing that saved her life that night was another pack member leading her out of the Tangled Woods, Fara doesn’t dare to think of what happened to her when she returned to the pack but in a sad way she already knew. After days of wandering the outskirts of the Tangled Woods, she finally decided it was time to go. So she found herself in the harsh and unforgiving Scarred Wasteland looking for any snacks she could find but still it was never enough, without a pack or clan to hunt with she knew she couldn’t get enough food. For days on end her stomach growled then came the awful pain until eventually, she couldn't even walk. The unstoppable predator had now become the helpless prey to this land. Even now as a creature towers over her looking down and picking her up in their claws she can't help but show her teeth and fight until she is completely covered by the huge hands, trapped in the hands of a beast. She truly thought she was going to die that night.
@MermaidLorelei

Can I take her?

59974693_350.png

I've been looking for another mirror and she's taken my fancy. I'm going to write some lore that would be included in her bio, I would name her Fara.

The pack runs fast yet she always made sure she was faster, the best hunter in her group, she didn’t bother to lurk in the shadows like her brothers and sisters of the night, nothing was better than to show off her moves. Fara was popular and well-loved by her fellow mirror’s having climbed so high, so quickly she became well respected. Fighting tooth and claw is what these beasts lived for and they excelled at exotic displays of power to impress one another but none ever impressed Fara. Many believe that her own vanity led to her demise, never allowing herself to take a mate or even make friends with anybody in the pack which made her easy prey in the eyes of jealous packmates.

On a night that the storm-ravaged the forest, the pack had decided it was time to rest so they made themselves little huts in the woods. Their leader and his mate had taken rest in a hut rather far away from the others giving themselves room to talk about future plans as well as give them alone time but still, he decided to check the perimeter of the pack. You could imagine how distraught he was when he returned back to find his mate dead, quickly hunting for her killer and was even quicker at pointing claws at someone to take the blame. Poor little Fara just happened to be in the nearest hut to theirs. The only thing that saved her life that night was another pack member leading her out of the Tangled Woods, Fara doesn’t dare to think of what happened to her when she returned to the pack but in a sad way she already knew.

After days of wandering the outskirts of the Tangled Woods, she finally decided it was time to go. So she found herself in the harsh and unforgiving Scarred Wasteland looking for any snacks she could find but still it was never enough, without a pack or clan to hunt with she knew she couldn’t get enough food. For days on end her stomach growled then came the awful pain until eventually, she couldn't even walk. The unstoppable predator had now become the helpless prey to this land. Even now as a creature towers over her looking down and picking her up in their claws she can't help but show her teeth and fight until she is completely covered by the huge hands, trapped in the hands of a beast. She truly thought she was going to die that night.
rolz5s9.pnglSyxazy.pngsNuSVZA.png
dZzJsvd.png
@mermaidlorelei I finished the lotto lore! Here goes- ------ [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58573074] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/585731/58573074_350.png[/img] [/url] Take a candle and watch the flames. Let them glow, let them flow. Shadows dance on the wall, a warning for what is to come. The light wanders as it pleases— let it shine, let it shine. The flames dance to a beat that no one else can hear. The flames crackle and make a beat to try and quell the fears. The flames hide the truth beneath with shadows casting far. The candles seek the truth, but candle-bearers manipulate it well. He is the candle-bearer, his pearl illuminating misshapen memories as odd shadowed shapes dance among the walls. With mechanical wings and powerful claws shifting together, he tries to tell not only his own tale with the pearl, but the future of many more. Such is the life of Wick, a conman who thrives on letting the candles and his own odd flair try and determine the fate of dragon to dragon, with no limit to who he dares reach with the trickery. "If the con is long enough," he reasons with a sly grin, "It doesn't matter." Wick used to be an eager child. He'd watch the ruins around his home, a somewhat old-fashioned place right along the Hewn City, and he'd watch the candle by the door drip down and the sundial shift on by. It was almost time... As soon as he heard one of the nails drop out of their timekeeper's candle, he knew it was finally time. There was always a time for something, but right now it was [i]time.[/i] Time for sitting by his father's feet and hearing a beautiful tune strung upon the lute as his mother came home and started to weave him a tale. These tales helped his imagination run wild, and later inspired his shadows to do the same. Right now, he was content. He heard stories of adventures, stories of thieves, stories of mystical flutterbuns and fairies from other lands with powers most dragons wouldn't imagine. His favorites were tales of clever tricksters, wordsmiths and heroes who would spin the situation or prophecy in their favor, no matter the odds. Nonetheless, his wonderful parents could not keep him from wishing to explore and seek an adventure of his own. Wick was careless, he was reckless, and he didn't clutch his pearls that tight. The kid wanted an adventure, and it was an adventure he would get. He earned himself a damaged wing, a bruised tail and a damaged pearl. The tail was the first to heal. He bandaged it up himself, makeshift techniques he was taught through his parents' storytelling songs. It was definitely not the best way to bandage a tail, but it worked, it was manageable, and it was something. Next was to patch up his wing. It required patience and grounding to heal. Grounding in a physical sense—no use flying with a busted wing—as well as in a more mental sense. He had to think. He had to think well. In time, he managed to patch up the larger torn membranes with beautiful pale metal, giving his wings a certain luster he would not have gotten any other way. Next was a full mechanical set of wings, both for the style of the blades as well as the practicality of flight. Far easier to fly with supportive metal wings to back up his originals, than to just have either component on his own. He might have burnt down quickly, but it took far more than some discouraging injuries to deter him from seeking ways to better himself. That just left his pearl. His pride and joy having a crack. Oh, how he hated his beautiful pearl having a crack, an imperfection in something meant to be perfect. He tried adventuring out more to gain more memories to fill the crack, desperately pouring goop upon goop onto the orb. All it served to to was make his most prized possession even more imperfect and misshapen, however. He hated it, longing for the perfect pearl he used to have, thinking back to the memories long-past in his mind, tales woven by his parents... [i]They[/i] would have perfect pearls. If only he could have some sort of perfect existence like the stories made the life of adventure out to be... "There's more to this. You know that," rang out a voice, seemingly from a patch of light that entered the dismal cave. It was his latest adventure, one he knew would go right. He had a feeling, and his spark was too low to dismiss this feeling fully. Maybe this was his chance. "And what might you know of me, then?" Wick replied, hope gleaming in his words in a way that was almost childlike. His pearl was a mess, and so he tried tucking it behind him to hide it from the light. He was curious. "More than you would want me to know. I was curious, so I went to see your past and future, too." The voice sounded smug, and although it sounded odd, something in him believed every word. Each one seemed to be dripping with honey and beaming with the radiance of his home. Wick's interest was piqued, and so it was time to ask dangerous questions. "Was it something good? The future, I mean." "It is more than you would expect, and yet less. It is easy for you to accomplish that goal of yours. Your pearl can be perfect, sure. Just follow the lights!" And with that, the small bit of light that seemed to be trickling in from a crack closed up. He went further and further, desperately wanting to chase what the voice had promised. He needed his pearl fixed. As soon as he reached the end of the trail, he finally saw the source of the voice, and possibly of the light— [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59598436]a large Imperial[/url] beamed at him, wicked maw seemingly lined by little stars. Time seemed to stop around the room. She seemed amused, and easily snatched the pearl before he could protest one bit. The highly misshapen pieces started to break off, forming into vibrant shards, encircling the now-glowing orb. It was his new pearl. It was perfect. "Now it is your turn to be able to use the light of the Pale Court," the luminous fae said, handing the pearl back. "Use it as you please, my dear. I will be interested to see what you come up with." Just like that, time seemed to resume, and she was gone. ----- He watches dragons as they stare in amazement, his pearl and his own magic mixing with his artificial wings and his beautiful claws, casting shadows from the light. They hold no special properties, no, but those around him believe otherwise. As soon as the latest customer has left him alone, he murmurs out, "Works like a charm. I wonder who might be next in line for my services..."
@mermaidlorelei
I finished the lotto lore! Here goes-

58573074_350.png

Take a candle and watch the flames. Let them glow, let them flow. Shadows dance on the wall, a warning for what is to come. The light wanders as it pleases— let it shine, let it shine. The flames dance to a beat that no one else can hear. The flames crackle and make a beat to try and quell the fears.
The flames hide the truth beneath with shadows casting far. The candles seek the truth, but candle-bearers manipulate it well.

He is the candle-bearer, his pearl illuminating misshapen memories as odd shadowed shapes dance among the walls. With mechanical wings and powerful claws shifting together, he tries to tell not only his own tale with the pearl, but the future of many more. Such is the life of Wick, a conman who thrives on letting the candles and his own odd flair try and determine the fate of dragon to dragon, with no limit to who he dares reach with the trickery.
"If the con is long enough," he reasons with a sly grin, "It doesn't matter."

Wick used to be an eager child. He'd watch the ruins around his home, a somewhat old-fashioned place right along the Hewn City, and he'd watch the candle by the door drip down and the sundial shift on by. It was almost time... As soon as he heard one of the nails drop out of their timekeeper's candle, he knew it was finally time. There was always a time for something, but right now it was time.
Time for sitting by his father's feet and hearing a beautiful tune strung upon the lute as his mother came home and started to weave him a tale. These tales helped his imagination run wild, and later inspired his shadows to do the same. Right now, he was content. He heard stories of adventures, stories of thieves, stories of mystical flutterbuns and fairies from other lands with powers most dragons wouldn't imagine. His favorites were tales of clever tricksters, wordsmiths and heroes who would spin the situation or prophecy in their favor, no matter the odds.

Nonetheless, his wonderful parents could not keep him from wishing to explore and seek an adventure of his own.

Wick was careless, he was reckless, and he didn't clutch his pearls that tight. The kid wanted an adventure, and it was an adventure he would get.
He earned himself a damaged wing, a bruised tail and a damaged pearl.

The tail was the first to heal. He bandaged it up himself, makeshift techniques he was taught through his parents' storytelling songs. It was definitely not the best way to bandage a tail, but it worked, it was manageable, and it was something.
Next was to patch up his wing. It required patience and grounding to heal. Grounding in a physical sense—no use flying with a busted wing—as well as in a more mental sense. He had to think. He had to think well. In time, he managed to patch up the larger torn membranes with beautiful pale metal, giving his wings a certain luster he would not have gotten any other way. Next was a full mechanical set of wings, both for the style of the blades as well as the practicality of flight. Far easier to fly with supportive metal wings to back up his originals, than to just have either component on his own.
He might have burnt down quickly, but it took far more than some discouraging injuries to deter him from seeking ways to better himself.

That just left his pearl. His pride and joy having a crack. Oh, how he hated his beautiful pearl having a crack, an imperfection in something meant to be perfect. He tried adventuring out more to gain more memories to fill the crack, desperately pouring goop upon goop onto the orb. All it served to to was make his most prized possession even more imperfect and misshapen, however. He hated it, longing for the perfect pearl he used to have, thinking back to the memories long-past in his mind, tales woven by his parents... They would have perfect pearls. If only he could have some sort of perfect existence like the stories made the life of adventure out to be...
"There's more to this. You know that," rang out a voice, seemingly from a patch of light that entered the dismal cave. It was his latest adventure, one he knew would go right. He had a feeling, and his spark was too low to dismiss this feeling fully. Maybe this was his chance.

"And what might you know of me, then?" Wick replied, hope gleaming in his words in a way that was almost childlike. His pearl was a mess, and so he tried tucking it behind him to hide it from the light. He was curious.

"More than you would want me to know. I was curious, so I went to see your past and future, too." The voice sounded smug, and although it sounded odd, something in him believed every word. Each one seemed to be dripping with honey and beaming with the radiance of his home.

Wick's interest was piqued, and so it was time to ask dangerous questions. "Was it something good? The future, I mean."

"It is more than you would expect, and yet less. It is easy for you to accomplish that goal of yours. Your pearl can be perfect, sure. Just follow the lights!" And with that, the small bit of light that seemed to be trickling in from a crack closed up. He went further and further, desperately wanting to chase what the voice had promised. He needed his pearl fixed.

As soon as he reached the end of the trail, he finally saw the source of the voice, and possibly of the light— a large Imperial beamed at him, wicked maw seemingly lined by little stars. Time seemed to stop around the room. She seemed amused, and easily snatched the pearl before he could protest one bit. The highly misshapen pieces started to break off, forming into vibrant shards, encircling the now-glowing orb. It was his new pearl. It was perfect.
"Now it is your turn to be able to use the light of the Pale Court," the luminous fae said, handing the pearl back. "Use it as you please, my dear. I will be interested to see what you come up with."
Just like that, time seemed to resume, and she was gone.
He watches dragons as they stare in amazement, his pearl and his own magic mixing with his artificial wings and his beautiful claws, casting shadows from the light. They hold no special properties, no, but those around him believe otherwise. As soon as the latest customer has left him alone, he murmurs out, "Works like a charm. I wonder who might be next in line for my services..."
CedVBCC.png
0AniMUO.gif

Good characters are like geodes: To see their true beauty, you must break them.

-Let me write you a poem, maybe?-

q1INfTU.gif
you are all fantastic,
if you see this have a very lovely day
@mermaidlorelei I am very much interested in this gorgeous lady! BBCode: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59766790] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/597668/59766790_350.png[/img] [/url] I would like to place a claim on her, since there doesn't seem to be one already. I have already written the lore, but it's a bit longer than I expected (three times the minimum word count). Do you still want it posted here? :D Thank you so much! :3 @LilyCatcher I really like your story/lore. It's so sweet and your description of Ren is adorable! :3 It was a very cute, feel good story. Just felt like you deserved a complement!
@mermaidlorelei I am very much interested in this gorgeous lady!
BBCode:

59766790_350.png

I would like to place a claim on her, since there doesn't seem to be one already.

I have already written the lore, but it's a bit longer than I expected (three times the minimum word count). Do you still want it posted here? :D

Thank you so much! :3

@LilyCatcher I really like your story/lore. It's so sweet and your description of Ren is adorable! :3 It was a very cute, feel good story. Just felt like you deserved a complement!
@Decaffeinated Can you put this guy on hold for me? [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60005942] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/600060/60005942_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated

Can you put this guy on hold for me?

60005942_350.png
ImMJGPh.pngG1's for Sale
@Temere Certainly! He's held for you ^-^
@Temere Certainly! He's held for you ^-^
@mermaidlorelei can you hold Galena?I'm writing and getting ideas :3 i'd also like to Rename him Lemon(to go with my female skydancer lemonade) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59901539] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/599016/59901539_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei
can you hold Galena?I'm writing and getting ideas :3
i'd also like to Rename him Lemon(to go with my female skydancer lemonade)

59901539_350.png
giphy.gif
My sincere apologies for the delay, I've been sick in bed for the last few days. >.< So sorry!

@LilyCatcher I love the shapeshifting aspect! It makes perfect sense with the slimey texture.

@Urichko Poor darling, went from having a pack to being captured.

@septarianflare Goodness, Wick is fascinating! I very much look forward to where his story goes.

@Superntrlnerd You have them on hold and posting here would be perfect, yes.

@itzflerkin He's held for you.
My sincere apologies for the delay, I've been sick in bed for the last few days. >.< So sorry!

@LilyCatcher I love the shapeshifting aspect! It makes perfect sense with the slimey texture.

@Urichko Poor darling, went from having a pack to being captured.

@septarianflare Goodness, Wick is fascinating! I very much look forward to where his story goes.

@Superntrlnerd You have them on hold and posting here would be perfect, yes.

@itzflerkin He's held for you.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei I'm sorry you are/were unwell! I hope you feel better soon :)

I will post the story shortly (I am on mobile, so I may have to wait until I'm in front of my computer if my phone decides to misbehave). I hope you like it; it's was sort of a random stroke of late-night inspiration, so you may have excuse it's roughness (it's not very polished!)
@mermaidlorelei I'm sorry you are/were unwell! I hope you feel better soon :)

I will post the story shortly (I am on mobile, so I may have to wait until I'm in front of my computer if my phone decides to misbehave). I hope you like it; it's was sort of a random stroke of late-night inspiration, so you may have excuse it's roughness (it's not very polished!)
@Superntrlnerd Thank you, and no worries, you have until the end of tomorrow to post your lore. :3
@Superntrlnerd Thank you, and no worries, you have until the end of tomorrow to post your lore. :3
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei Yay! :D
@mermaidlorelei Yay! :D
1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 196 197