Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Giveaway Raffle w/ Sprites [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42 43
Username: SilvericyCat
ID#: 199522
Anything else: thank you so much for doing this ^^ even if I completely quit a game/site I don't think I can get myself to giveaway my valuable items ;w;

Hi! I'd like to adopt: Fionn
Reason: he has nice creamy colors ^0^ I think I know what apparel would suit him!
Username: SilvericyCat
ID#: 199522
Anything else: thank you so much for doing this ^^ even if I completely quit a game/site I don't think I can get myself to giveaway my valuable items ;w;

Reason: he has nice creamy colors ^0^ I think I know what apparel would suit him!
Username: HeroSmitten
ID#: 93698
Anything else: Congratulations on deciding to give up on this site (no, I'm not actually being facetious, I mean it)! I should probably do the same, but I have a list of projects I want to finish first, so *shrugs*
Username: HeroSmitten
ID#: 93698
Anything else: Congratulations on deciding to give up on this site (no, I'm not actually being facetious, I mean it)! I should probably do the same, but I have a list of projects I want to finish first, so *shrugs*
41.png 103.png She/Her pronouns, please. 65.png 32.png
@CloudFyre Ahh! Those gen1s are beautiful. ;o; Hi! I'd like to adopt: Fionn Reason: Currently looking to hunt down Dragons that'll look like the elemental gods, just on a whim of course! :) And I think that Fionn would look amazing as the Lightweaver! o: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=16&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=57e5a7c54b972d36146dfd8d1bc1ea8e73a70977&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Liquid gold! o: He's truly magnificent btw, congrats on the hatch.. Well. A while ago. XD Really unbelievable! <3
@CloudFyre Ahh! Those gen1s are beautiful. ;o;

Reason: Currently looking to hunt down Dragons that'll look like the elemental gods, just on a whim of course! :) And I think that Fionn would look amazing as the Lightweaver! o:

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=16&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=57e5a7c54b972d36146dfd8d1bc1ea8e73a70977&dummyext=prev.png

Liquid gold! o: He's truly magnificent btw, congrats on the hatch.. Well. A while ago. XD Really unbelievable! <3
I387ENf.png
Username: Saern
ID#: 143949
Anything else: Thank you for your generosity! I wish you the best of luck.
Username: Saern
ID#: 143949
Anything else: Thank you for your generosity! I wish you the best of luck.
Username: Endernil
ID#: 100124
Anything else: It's always sad to see someone leave FR, but I truly do hope you have a great life outside of this pixelated dragon website. And it's very generous of you to give your items away. Please know that I really do hope you have a good life and not just saying this to try to get an item. I don't care if I get anything or not, if I'm honest. Thank you once again for being so generous to the community by giving people a chance to get these items!
Username: Endernil
ID#: 100124
Anything else: It's always sad to see someone leave FR, but I truly do hope you have a great life outside of this pixelated dragon website. And it's very generous of you to give your items away. Please know that I really do hope you have a good life and not just saying this to try to get an item. I don't care if I get anything or not, if I'm honest. Thank you once again for being so generous to the community by giving people a chance to get these items!
item_potted_deepmine_fungi_by_dogi_crimson-daf9lz1.gifAix | She/Her | FR +3item_enchanted_candle_by_dogi_crimson-dak1vb5.gif
Username: adoptees
ID#: 302576
Anything else: thanks for the opportunity! I know how hard it is to let go of a site, I arrived here in FR last month but nevertheless, I'm already attached ;u; I hope you can accomplish everything you want in RL!
Username: adoptees
ID#: 302576
Anything else: thanks for the opportunity! I know how hard it is to let go of a site, I arrived here in FR last month but nevertheless, I'm already attached ;u; I hope you can accomplish everything you want in RL!
Username: Azaylium
ID#: 150860
Anything else: Thank you for doing this, this is incredibly generous of you. I wish you luck in your endeavors off-site, wherever you may go :)

Reason: Being able to have a 5-digit is something of a dream of mine, and Fionn has absolutely gorgeous colors that I love, plus matching eyes...being able to give him a loving home would quite literally be an FR dream come true! I'm not going to put a scry of him that I like, simply because he looks so good in so many genes.
Username: Azaylium
ID#: 150860
Anything else: Thank you for doing this, this is incredibly generous of you. I wish you luck in your endeavors off-site, wherever you may go :)

Reason: Being able to have a 5-digit is something of a dream of mine, and Fionn has absolutely gorgeous colors that I love, plus matching eyes...being able to give him a loving home would quite literally be an FR dream come true! I'm not going to put a scry of him that I like, simply because he looks so good in so many genes.
4MKDoae.png
Username: YuuZombie
ID#: 302034
Anything else: Thank you for this opportunity!
Username: YuuZombie
ID#: 302034
Anything else: Thank you for this opportunity!
qvaEKmU.gif
Hi! I'd like to adopt: Kokiuran
Reason: I've always wanted a 5 digit dragon, Gen One or not, but with my current status of poor college student, by the time I can afford to buy gems, they'll likely be impossibly high-priced for me. I feel like an opportunity like this is a one time thing I'll experience and have a chance at. I still love both of these dragons though, and both are incredibly gorgeous with the right genes. Granted, I won't be able to afford those fancy gem genes, but I think that's the fun I have with geneing up a Gen One. I have to think outside of the Petals and Alloys and Glimmers. I prefer Kokiuran not because she's a double, but I find her the more challenging to gene up, since she makes so many good combinations in my eyes.
Hi! I'd like to adopt: Kokiuran
Reason: I've always wanted a 5 digit dragon, Gen One or not, but with my current status of poor college student, by the time I can afford to buy gems, they'll likely be impossibly high-priced for me. I feel like an opportunity like this is a one time thing I'll experience and have a chance at. I still love both of these dragons though, and both are incredibly gorgeous with the right genes. Granted, I won't be able to afford those fancy gem genes, but I think that's the fun I have with geneing up a Gen One. I have to think outside of the Petals and Alloys and Glimmers. I prefer Kokiuran not because she's a double, but I find her the more challenging to gene up, since she makes so many good combinations in my eyes.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
[sup]Greetings to you! I'm here because I've fallen in love with one of your dragons. I'd like to adopt Fionn. Now, you might be asking, "okay well why should I give him to you?" Well, here's why! Aside from the fact I'm in the same situation as Chloecat194 above me (being a poor college student needing to pay meal by meal more than gems), I, too, fear that I won't be able to get my hands on a dragon with a lower number of digits available. Despite my signup date, I've been stuck at seven digits. Luckily, I've recently gotten my hands on some six digits that are absolutely lovely (& I have been incredibly lucky to get these), but now I wish to work lower! Due to my stupidity as a newbie, I made the grave mistake of releasing my progen dragons & I can't find them anymore (trust me, I've looked). However, Fionn is perfect because not only is he from the same year, but the same month! So I'll already feel incredibly attached to him because of such a close relation to my account date. I can also assure you that he'd have a permanent home in my lair! I don't exalt or release dragons I get. I hoard them in my lair to ensure that they have a comfortable, safe home they can thrive in. If worse came to worse, I'd give up another dragon - to a home I know they'd be happy & stay in - to ensure his spot. Faes are also my favorite plentiful dragon! I think their little feetsies & big eyes are so adorable. Here are some scrolls I did for him with some treasure genes I have available to me! --- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=10&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=6&auth=27f81dcbf7174ed87dbb7d95f5d082fbb9d10f74&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=14&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=6&auth=af7698a99765ac645141c9775e5faa8a33cfeb83&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=6&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=5&winggene=7&wings=6&auth=708d9b247aff0f5d38be4bc4aa7b38a03dc3ce20&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=8&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=4&wings=6&auth=aec145450facb59070d89b70f29fbeeec984ff56&dummyext=prev.png[/img] --- Most of these genes are gifts from friends & there's at least five other scrolls I've come up for him just as a Fae alone! I want to keep him as a Fae, though, but here are some noteworthy scrolls I came up for him as different breeds! --- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=14&breed=11&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=15&wings=6&auth=f48f64beee4251ad56a17022e53140a0fd220ae3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=12&breed=4&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=5&wings=6&auth=bd5a56a56dd8dc2e725bfbb20c16649dbca76be6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=15&breed=13&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=6&auth=f6325ee451ce63735fdba060d37f99d7cc305a19&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=11&breed=10&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=12&winggene=13&wings=6&auth=2c6550f5251180f7a8b77d5797e6faf95eb9b66a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] --- Some of these designs include gem genes, unfortunately, but so do the ones below! I just kept scrying him in the workshop & looking at all the possibilities that he could come out as. While I can't afford gem genes right now, I can wishlist them for birthdays & save up for it once I graduate! Here's the mostly gem gene related things I came up for him! Well, kind of. Some of them are mixed with the above set too! --- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=17&breed=13&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=6&auth=a69901620612b3a7f5c5e488e495aaad9605d72e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=16&winggene=1&wings=6&auth=4f726e8c7ab0cad7b0bc25503e9cc31826ba8515&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=8&breed=14&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=2&wings=6&auth=b37d61f5ae7a104e52efd48f00ef1f055aed458b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=9&wings=6&auth=8bd93c2fee46d657116e5dc2c057a1e9722f5233&dummyext=prev.png[/img] --- I also have lore & ideas for Fionn! Starting with his eyes & his origin. I imagine him to have thin pupils (below; first image), similar to cats, but less "fighty". Since he's from the Light flight, I also thought of this cool thing where his eyes can subtly absorb the color reflected off of different things. For example, if he were making his way along a forest, happily trotting away to his heart's content, the green that's reflected from the leaves of the trees will be absorbed in his eyes some for a temporary amount of time. It'd look something similar to this (below; second image), but more dominant in yellow / gold! [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4b/5e/51/4b5e51e4c1fac902b506ca031887eeab.jpg[/img] [img]http://s3.favim.com/610/140514/blue-blue-eye-drawing-eye-Favim.com-1756750.jpg[/img] His runes trait, the trait I'll most likely give him since I have a spare, would sparkle like [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxwad6_-Crs]this[/url] out in the sun & especially during the Brightshine Jubilee! His runes are written in the old tongue of the Light flight, which would be a mixture of Latin & Greek to us (odd combination, I know, but it's what I thought would fit nice). I also thought he’d know how to make & play music as a way to keep the hatchlings calm & content as well as get them to sleep when it was time for them to rest. So for his lore, I thought - since he'd be older than the two original founders of my clan (since I don't have progen anymore) - that perhaps he had some history with Blake, one of the founders, without the Guardian knowing. Originally, back then, Fionn was a simple hatchling care taker. Similar to a babysitting service, he cared after hatchlings that belonged to other dragons who had important business or other matters to tend to. He was very gentle with the hatchlings & would teach them important lessons - such as what they should eat, how to fly, how to walk, information about the different flights, etc. He was the one to raise the hatchlings until they were able to take care of themselves. Blake was one of the hatchlings that he raised while traveling to different clans to care for others hatchlings. He didn't really have a permanent clan at the time, just helping out others where he can. He watched Blake grow & be shunned for his bright color palette - which caused the Guardian to be an outcast for being "too bright to look at". Fionn understood Blake's problem even as a hatchling, as it was difficult to care for him from how bright he is. Fionn had a deep connection to the Guardian, having known both his parents for a while &, as an almost entirely "bright" colored dragon himself, he could relate. However, Blake ran away from his clan while he was still young, deciding to fend for himself since he was the outcast of his clan. Fionn lost contact from him & tried to find him, but the Guardian was nowhere to be found. Skip ahead a few years later, where Fionn has aged noticeably & isn't as much of a young spring chicken as he used to be, so his energy to constantly watch & raise hatchlings eventually diminished. He retired & found himself clanless, as he never went to stay in a permanent one. With all the knowledge he had of their world that he used to teach the hatchlings he used to raise, he decided to travel to different flights to learn more about them. The first flight he visited was Nature, due to its closeness to the last clan he served. He spent many lazy days laying in hammocks high in the trees just watching life pass by - butterflies in the day & fireflies at night. He watched leaves fill his hammock & made a comfortable bed from them, always enjoying the crunching beneath his claws as he settled into bed. Dragons were usually friendly here, climbing up & around the trees to see how the old soul was doing & if he needed of anything. Food was easy to come by here, as he usually found insects climbing into his bed. Life was good there. Life was simple. However, he didn't want an easy life. He wanted a life he'd work in & be useful to others, as his life before had shaped his personality to be just that - a hardworking individual with the desire to assist others. So he flew on. Not particularly fond of the Shadow flight's mischievous ways or the Plague's brutal lifestyle, he avoided passing through those areas & went to the Earth flight. He didn't stay for long - water was hard to come by unless he found underground stalactites that dripped moisture down into small ponds or went to the outer edges of the flight. Food was even harder to come by than his previous two flights - bugs always hid in hard to reach cracks & grooves. Though, while he quickly learned that under rocks were the best places to find them, he wasn't strong enough to lift most of the rocks he found himself lest a bigger, younger, stronger dragon came by to assist him. He moved on to the next flight on his list, which is his flight as I type this message, Arcane. He enjoyed the idealistic views of the Arcanists & enjoyed the knowledge they had to offer. While food was still difficult to come by, he came across a clan that fed him well & watched after him. Often times, they'd look to him for advice, as he was older & they considered him to be wiser. He dabbled in the dreamer perspective of the flight &, while at first he thought was rather silly, eventually became wrapped up into it. He learned more about astrology & astronomy, soon so invested he swore himself to be dedicated to the Arcanist God himself. He spent many months reading in extravagant libraries & sleeping under the stars, watching comets streak the night sky. He felt happy for a while, in the flight that his species originally came from. However, now he feels that he has spent his life in enough bliss & desires of his own. It is time for him to move on to the Ice flight to continue his quest. Not only for his quest, but because of the mild disbandment & retirement of his current clan. If he were to be accepted into my clan, the Ice Flight would happily accept him. He would reunite with Blake & share many stories about him to the others. Sebastian & Asako, the royals of my clan, would welcome him with warm smiles & even warmer blankets to help keep the little fella nice & toasty warm while he accustoms to the climate change. In the Snowsquall Tundra, he'll be able to find many new insects to eat & will have the other Faes to help him find good spots to eat, hang out, & stay warm. He’d spend many days with Ludano, my Pearlcatcher, who has an immense library collection. He’d learn more things from him & talk to him intelligently. He’d look up to Eurion, as he’s a “god” representative from the Light flight. He’d get along well with Erwyna & learns about the Wind flight through her. Ansel’s child-like nature reminds him fondly of his time in his original flight & he acts as a father figure to him - always making sure he’s well-fed, groomed, & safe - just like he does with Blake to this day. Basically, he’d get along well with my other dragons! I feel like his current role in my clan would be an assistant of Ludano, as he spends so much time with him in his library. He teaches the other dragons in my lair useful knowledge they can use in other flights - such as customs there, what is polite / rude to do, etc. Now here comes the fun part - dressing him up! I was thinking about how to dress him already & I know he’d for sure have a White & Gold Flair Scarf to keep him nice & warm in the cold. I was thinking he might have brought things from his previous flights - some ideas are the following: Golden Glow Alchemist Tools, Ethereal Flame Collar, Ethereal Flame Wing Ribbon, Cat’s Fan Wings, Bleached Peacekeeping Vest, Daisy/Marigold Flowerfall, Primal Banner, Finely Crafted Lute. I thought an Orange Tabby would be a nice companion for him to have too. It’d be cute & nice to have a little friend meowing & nudging him for attention. It makes him feel like he has to watch over it, similar to the hatchlings, which brings him joy without all the stress. Anyways, that's all I have at the moment. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know or add onto it either on this original post or in a new one (not sure which you prefer; please let me know!). I apologize if this got too lengthy to read; I've spent the last four hours or so typing this all out & planning out his lore & such, so I'm well aware I went over the "paragraph" that was intended for this. I just feel he'd be very happy in my lair & would be welcomed with lots of love from me, my dragon caretaker persona, & my other dragons. I'm sorry you're leaving, but I can assure you that Fionn will be in good hands if he chooses to reside with my dragons <3 EDIT (21 March 2017 at 06:09 PM EST): Fixed some typos! ^^; I was reading it over & found some grammatical & spelling errors. All better now!
Greetings to you! I'm here because I've fallen in love with one of your dragons. I'd like to adopt Fionn. Now, you might be asking, "okay well why should I give him to you?" Well, here's why!

Aside from the fact I'm in the same situation as Chloecat194 above me (being a poor college student needing to pay meal by meal more than gems), I, too, fear that I won't be able to get my hands on a dragon with a lower number of digits available. Despite my signup date, I've been stuck at seven digits. Luckily, I've recently gotten my hands on some six digits that are absolutely lovely (& I have been incredibly lucky to get these), but now I wish to work lower!

Due to my stupidity as a newbie, I made the grave mistake of releasing my progen dragons & I can't find them anymore (trust me, I've looked). However, Fionn is perfect because not only is he from the same year, but the same month! So I'll already feel incredibly attached to him because of such a close relation to my account date.

I can also assure you that he'd have a permanent home in my lair! I don't exalt or release dragons I get. I hoard them in my lair to ensure that they have a comfortable, safe home they can thrive in. If worse came to worse, I'd give up another dragon - to a home I know they'd be happy & stay in - to ensure his spot. Faes are also my favorite plentiful dragon! I think their little feetsies & big eyes are so adorable. Here are some scrolls I did for him with some treasure genes I have available to me!

---

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=10&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=6&auth=27f81dcbf7174ed87dbb7d95f5d082fbb9d10f74&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=14&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=11&wings=6&auth=af7698a99765ac645141c9775e5faa8a33cfeb83&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=6&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=5&winggene=7&wings=6&auth=708d9b247aff0f5d38be4bc4aa7b38a03dc3ce20&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=8&breed=1&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=4&wings=6&auth=aec145450facb59070d89b70f29fbeeec984ff56&dummyext=prev.png

---

Most of these genes are gifts from friends & there's at least five other scrolls I've come up for him just as a Fae alone! I want to keep him as a Fae, though, but here are some noteworthy scrolls I came up for him as different breeds!

---

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=14&breed=11&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=15&wings=6&auth=f48f64beee4251ad56a17022e53140a0fd220ae3&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=12&breed=4&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=5&wings=6&auth=bd5a56a56dd8dc2e725bfbb20c16649dbca76be6&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=15&breed=13&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=6&auth=f6325ee451ce63735fdba060d37f99d7cc305a19&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=11&breed=10&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=12&winggene=13&wings=6&auth=2c6550f5251180f7a8b77d5797e6faf95eb9b66a&dummyext=prev.png

---

Some of these designs include gem genes, unfortunately, but so do the ones below! I just kept scrying him in the workshop & looking at all the possibilities that he could come out as. While I can't afford gem genes right now, I can wishlist them for birthdays & save up for it once I graduate! Here's the mostly gem gene related things I came up for him! Well, kind of. Some of them are mixed with the above set too!

---

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=17&breed=13&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=6&auth=a69901620612b3a7f5c5e488e495aaad9605d72e&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=16&winggene=1&wings=6&auth=4f726e8c7ab0cad7b0bc25503e9cc31826ba8515&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=8&breed=14&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=2&wings=6&auth=b37d61f5ae7a104e52efd48f00ef1f055aed458b&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=8&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=9&wings=6&auth=8bd93c2fee46d657116e5dc2c057a1e9722f5233&dummyext=prev.png

---

I also have lore & ideas for Fionn! Starting with his eyes & his origin.

I imagine him to have thin pupils (below; first image), similar to cats, but less "fighty". Since he's from the Light flight, I also thought of this cool thing where his eyes can subtly absorb the color reflected off of different things. For example, if he were making his way along a forest, happily trotting away to his heart's content, the green that's reflected from the leaves of the trees will be absorbed in his eyes some for a temporary amount of time. It'd look something similar to this (below; second image), but more dominant in yellow / gold!

4b5e51e4c1fac902b506ca031887eeab.jpg

blue-blue-eye-drawing-eye-Favim.com-1756750.jpg

His runes trait, the trait I'll most likely give him since I have a spare, would sparkle like this out in the sun & especially during the Brightshine Jubilee! His runes are written in the old tongue of the Light flight, which would be a mixture of Latin & Greek to us (odd combination, I know, but it's what I thought would fit nice).

I also thought he’d know how to make & play music as a way to keep the hatchlings calm & content as well as get them to sleep when it was time for them to rest.

So for his lore, I thought - since he'd be older than the two original founders of my clan (since I don't have progen anymore) - that perhaps he had some history with Blake, one of the founders, without the Guardian knowing. Originally, back then, Fionn was a simple hatchling care taker. Similar to a babysitting service, he cared after hatchlings that belonged to other dragons who had important business or other matters to tend to. He was very gentle with the hatchlings & would teach them important lessons - such as what they should eat, how to fly, how to walk, information about the different flights, etc. He was the one to raise the hatchlings until they were able to take care of themselves. Blake was one of the hatchlings that he raised while traveling to different clans to care for others hatchlings. He didn't really have a permanent clan at the time, just helping out others where he can. He watched Blake grow & be shunned for his bright color palette - which caused the Guardian to be an outcast for being "too bright to look at". Fionn understood Blake's problem even as a hatchling, as it was difficult to care for him from how bright he is. Fionn had a deep connection to the Guardian, having known both his parents for a while &, as an almost entirely "bright" colored dragon himself, he could relate. However, Blake ran away from his clan while he was still young, deciding to fend for himself since he was the outcast of his clan. Fionn lost contact from him & tried to find him, but the Guardian was nowhere to be found.

Skip ahead a few years later, where Fionn has aged noticeably & isn't as much of a young spring chicken as he used to be, so his energy to constantly watch & raise hatchlings eventually diminished. He retired & found himself clanless, as he never went to stay in a permanent one. With all the knowledge he had of their world that he used to teach the hatchlings he used to raise, he decided to travel to different flights to learn more about them. The first flight he visited was Nature, due to its closeness to the last clan he served. He spent many lazy days laying in hammocks high in the trees just watching life pass by - butterflies in the day & fireflies at night. He watched leaves fill his hammock & made a comfortable bed from them, always enjoying the crunching beneath his claws as he settled into bed. Dragons were usually friendly here, climbing up & around the trees to see how the old soul was doing & if he needed of anything. Food was easy to come by here, as he usually found insects climbing into his bed. Life was good there. Life was simple. However, he didn't want an easy life. He wanted a life he'd work in & be useful to others, as his life before had shaped his personality to be just that - a hardworking individual with the desire to assist others. So he flew on.

Not particularly fond of the Shadow flight's mischievous ways or the Plague's brutal lifestyle, he avoided passing through those areas & went to the Earth flight. He didn't stay for long - water was hard to come by unless he found underground stalactites that dripped moisture down into small ponds or went to the outer edges of the flight. Food was even harder to come by than his previous two flights - bugs always hid in hard to reach cracks & grooves. Though, while he quickly learned that under rocks were the best places to find them, he wasn't strong enough to lift most of the rocks he found himself lest a bigger, younger, stronger dragon came by to assist him. He moved on to the next flight on his list, which is his flight as I type this message, Arcane.

He enjoyed the idealistic views of the Arcanists & enjoyed the knowledge they had to offer. While food was still difficult to come by, he came across a clan that fed him well & watched after him. Often times, they'd look to him for advice, as he was older & they considered him to be wiser. He dabbled in the dreamer perspective of the flight &, while at first he thought was rather silly, eventually became wrapped up into it. He learned more about astrology & astronomy, soon so invested he swore himself to be dedicated to the Arcanist God himself. He spent many months reading in extravagant libraries & sleeping under the stars, watching comets streak the night sky. He felt happy for a while, in the flight that his species originally came from.

However, now he feels that he has spent his life in enough bliss & desires of his own. It is time for him to move on to the Ice flight to continue his quest. Not only for his quest, but because of the mild disbandment & retirement of his current clan.

If he were to be accepted into my clan, the Ice Flight would happily accept him. He would reunite with Blake & share many stories about him to the others. Sebastian & Asako, the royals of my clan, would welcome him with warm smiles & even warmer blankets to help keep the little fella nice & toasty warm while he accustoms to the climate change. In the Snowsquall Tundra, he'll be able to find many new insects to eat & will have the other Faes to help him find good spots to eat, hang out, & stay warm. He’d spend many days with Ludano, my Pearlcatcher, who has an immense library collection. He’d learn more things from him & talk to him intelligently. He’d look up to Eurion, as he’s a “god” representative from the Light flight. He’d get along well with Erwyna & learns about the Wind flight through her. Ansel’s child-like nature reminds him fondly of his time in his original flight & he acts as a father figure to him - always making sure he’s well-fed, groomed, & safe - just like he does with Blake to this day.

Basically, he’d get along well with my other dragons!

I feel like his current role in my clan would be an assistant of Ludano, as he spends so much time with him in his library. He teaches the other dragons in my lair useful knowledge they can use in other flights - such as customs there, what is polite / rude to do, etc.

Now here comes the fun part - dressing him up! I was thinking about how to dress him already & I know he’d for sure have a White & Gold Flair Scarf to keep him nice & warm in the cold. I was thinking he might have brought things from his previous flights - some ideas are the following: Golden Glow Alchemist Tools, Ethereal Flame Collar, Ethereal Flame Wing Ribbon, Cat’s Fan Wings, Bleached Peacekeeping Vest, Daisy/Marigold Flowerfall, Primal Banner, Finely Crafted Lute. I thought an Orange Tabby would be a nice companion for him to have too. It’d be cute & nice to have a little friend meowing & nudging him for attention. It makes him feel like he has to watch over it, similar to the hatchlings, which brings him joy without all the stress.

Anyways, that's all I have at the moment. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know or add onto it either on this original post or in a new one (not sure which you prefer; please let me know!). I apologize if this got too lengthy to read; I've spent the last four hours or so typing this all out & planning out his lore & such, so I'm well aware I went over the "paragraph" that was intended for this. I just feel he'd be very happy in my lair & would be welcomed with lots of love from me, my dragon caretaker persona, & my other dragons.

I'm sorry you're leaving, but I can assure you that Fionn will be in good hands if he chooses to reside with my dragons <3

EDIT (21 March 2017 at 06:09 PM EST): Fixed some typos! ^^; I was reading it over & found some grammatical & spelling errors. All better now!
fBZO2yk.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42 43