Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Drawing Every Familiar
I have made the perhaps definitely insane decision to draw every. Single. Familiar. On site.
I'm completely new to digital art, I have no experiences with it before, and I suck at traditional. So I guess we'll see how this goes XD (predictably not well)
I will probably not be doing a new artwork every day, it might take me several days to finish one artwork.
I will also be trying out new and different art apps sometimes, and maybe even different styles, so the types of artwork you see may differ.

NOTE: I am NOT professional in any way. As mentioned before, I have no experience with digital art and is not talented whatsoever in traditional art. The artworks posted here WILL NOT BE MASTERPIECES. Truth be told, they may even suck. And I know that. I welcome tips, but if you have criticism (even constructive criticism), please keep them to yourself!! This challenge also acts as a chance for me to improve myself ^^ Thank you!!

NOTE 2: There is a chance (and a rather large one at that) that I do not finish this challenge. I may end it a month from now, I may end it 3 years from now. I may even end it after I finish all the familiars! We'll see :p

NOTE 3: If you, by magical chance, wants to see my artwork, you can join the pinglist down below! There will probably not be frequent pings, as I have no idea how often I will be doing this, but if you are interested, you are welcome to join!! I honestly appreciate the support if you do decide to do so :p
I have made the perhaps definitely insane decision to draw every. Single. Familiar. On site.
I'm completely new to digital art, I have no experiences with it before, and I suck at traditional. So I guess we'll see how this goes XD (predictably not well)
I will probably not be doing a new artwork every day, it might take me several days to finish one artwork.
I will also be trying out new and different art apps sometimes, and maybe even different styles, so the types of artwork you see may differ.

NOTE: I am NOT professional in any way. As mentioned before, I have no experience with digital art and is not talented whatsoever in traditional art. The artworks posted here WILL NOT BE MASTERPIECES. Truth be told, they may even suck. And I know that. I welcome tips, but if you have criticism (even constructive criticism), please keep them to yourself!! This challenge also acts as a chance for me to improve myself ^^ Thank you!!

NOTE 2: There is a chance (and a rather large one at that) that I do not finish this challenge. I may end it a month from now, I may end it 3 years from now. I may even end it after I finish all the familiars! We'll see :p

NOTE 3: If you, by magical chance, wants to see my artwork, you can join the pinglist down below! There will probably not be frequent pings, as I have no idea how often I will be doing this, but if you are interested, you are welcome to join!! I honestly appreciate the support if you do decide to do so :p
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.pngwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif dsiNAWk.png
I am currently working on the first familiar! I will not be going in alphabetical order, just doing whichever catches my fancy that particular day. Today I'm doing the [item=Sanguine Multimist]. It's just such a goofy lil guy!!
I am currently working on the first familiar! I will not be going in alphabetical order, just doing whichever catches my fancy that particular day.
Today I'm doing the Sanguine Multimist . It's just such a goofy lil guy!!
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.pngwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif dsiNAWk.png
I was seriously lowkey regretting this decision as soon as I popped the reference image onto my app XD I mayyyyy have gotten too big a bite to swallow on my first day But that's okay :p I've also decided to do 2 versions today, a traced version and a freehand version. The first one exists more so I can get a feel of the familiar XD But I will only be posting the freehand one since that's the one I drew, not traced ^^ [img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/e088da_b30654da5be843a6b9e18dcf96671dc0~mv2.jpg[/img] I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Even though the proportions are messed up and the hand looks more like it's giving a middle finger than what it's actually doing, I don't think this is bad for a first try!
I was seriously lowkey regretting this decision as soon as I popped the reference image onto my app XD
I mayyyyy have gotten too big a bite to swallow on my first day
But that's okay :p

I've also decided to do 2 versions today, a traced version and a freehand version. The first one exists more so I can get a feel of the familiar XD
But I will only be posting the freehand one since that's the one I drew, not traced ^^
e088da_b30654da5be843a6b9e18dcf96671dc0~mv2.jpg
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Even though the proportions are messed up and the hand looks more like it's giving a middle finger than what it's actually doing, I don't think this is bad for a first try!
Hihi! Was feeling unexpectedly motivated today so I did this quick sketch of an Armored Iguandor during lunch today! [item=Armored Iguanador] I chose this one mainly because I thought it would be easier, but TRUST me when I tell you, no familiar is easy. The scales on this boi? They were a NIGHTMARE to figure out. But I did make a dopey lil guy! (Also note, I did ignore the scales on his back, lunch time sorta ran out during the middle of making this, and I don't have any time tonight to touch it up :( But still wanted to get him out here!) I didn't actually trace the familiar first today, which I thought was an improvement ;) [img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/e088da_3fa463d8ee124e20b4f0b3445a5f4fcf~mv2.jpeg[/img] Also fixed the broken image link on the last post!
Hihi! Was feeling unexpectedly motivated today so I did this quick sketch of an Armored Iguandor during lunch today!
Armored Iguanador
I chose this one mainly because I thought it would be easier, but TRUST me when I tell you, no familiar is easy. The scales on this boi? They were a NIGHTMARE to figure out. But I did make a dopey lil guy!
(Also note, I did ignore the scales on his back, lunch time sorta ran out during the middle of making this, and I don't have any time tonight to touch it up :( But still wanted to get him out here!)
I didn't actually trace the familiar first today, which I thought was an improvement ;)
e088da_3fa463d8ee124e20b4f0b3445a5f4fcf~mv2.jpeg

Also fixed the broken image link on the last post!
Heyyy you've improved. before seeing this my impression on you is that your best attempt at art is a box.
Heyyy you've improved. before seeing this my impression on you is that your best attempt at art is a box.
e9cf991a2d55e3d9c7ee30d89fc8ba18454a7e2c.png
this is going to take forever, good luck <33 it'll be so cool to see how it goes!
this is going to take forever, good luck <33 it'll be so cool to see how it goes!
Taya5NJ.png
Sl91TZD.png
k5FxSvA.gif

7GZL67L.png
0GOQzGo.png Celeana.gif