Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Frisky Fridays breeding challenge
Do you thrive on chaos? Do you revel in randomness? Do you want to inject a small element of variety into your online hobby to gain additional mild amusement?

Yes? Then may I present: the Frisky Fridays random breeding challenge!

Starting up a hatchery and curating a dozen-plus gene-matched breeding pairs has been rewarding, but I don't wanna lose the thrill of putting two random dragons together just to see what happens. So to that end, I've set a schedule for "unscheduled" random breeding - and you can, too!

How it works:
  • Designate at least one Friday per month to be a Frisky Friday. For schedule option suggestions, see "Schedule Variants" below.
  • On Frisky Friday, use a randomization method of your choice (dice roll, digital RNG, draw bag of name slips, etc) to select the first parent. (If the first dragon you pick has no possible mates, choose again.)
  • Using the same or different randomization method, select the second parent from the pool of all possible mates.
  • Woooo, it's Friday! Dragons gonna get frisky! Oops, looks like someone's gravid now...

A few ground rules:
  • You MAY omit dragons from the pool if a Frisky Friday breeding would interfere with a specific planned breeding.
  • You MAY omit dragons if they are currently involved in an offspring-list-related project with a specific partner.
  • You MAY omit dragons you plan to sell in the near future.
  • You MAY omit dragons who are being kept unbred/monogamous for lore reasons.
  • You MAY omit hibernating dragons ONLY IF bringing them out of hibernation would create lair space problems.
  • You MAY NOT omit dragons from the pool based on breed, genes, colors, age, generation, breeding history (except as noted above), time spent in lair, coliseum level, quantity of apparel worn, having a negative attitude, or just generally being butt ugly.

Schedule Variants:
  • Every Friday is Frisky Friday.
  • Only odd/only even Fridays (I'm doing odd Fridays).
  • One or more specific Fridays of the month (1st, 3rd, etc) are designated Frisky.
  • Flip a coin each Friday to determine if Frisky Friday will occur.

I will be using this thread to update on what pairings and hatches I end up with throughout the year. If you decide to take up this challenge and document your own results, please ping me so I can follow!
Do you thrive on chaos? Do you revel in randomness? Do you want to inject a small element of variety into your online hobby to gain additional mild amusement?

Yes? Then may I present: the Frisky Fridays random breeding challenge!

Starting up a hatchery and curating a dozen-plus gene-matched breeding pairs has been rewarding, but I don't wanna lose the thrill of putting two random dragons together just to see what happens. So to that end, I've set a schedule for "unscheduled" random breeding - and you can, too!

How it works:
  • Designate at least one Friday per month to be a Frisky Friday. For schedule option suggestions, see "Schedule Variants" below.
  • On Frisky Friday, use a randomization method of your choice (dice roll, digital RNG, draw bag of name slips, etc) to select the first parent. (If the first dragon you pick has no possible mates, choose again.)
  • Using the same or different randomization method, select the second parent from the pool of all possible mates.
  • Woooo, it's Friday! Dragons gonna get frisky! Oops, looks like someone's gravid now...

A few ground rules:
  • You MAY omit dragons from the pool if a Frisky Friday breeding would interfere with a specific planned breeding.
  • You MAY omit dragons if they are currently involved in an offspring-list-related project with a specific partner.
  • You MAY omit dragons you plan to sell in the near future.
  • You MAY omit dragons who are being kept unbred/monogamous for lore reasons.
  • You MAY omit hibernating dragons ONLY IF bringing them out of hibernation would create lair space problems.
  • You MAY NOT omit dragons from the pool based on breed, genes, colors, age, generation, breeding history (except as noted above), time spent in lair, coliseum level, quantity of apparel worn, having a negative attitude, or just generally being butt ugly.

Schedule Variants:
  • Every Friday is Frisky Friday.
  • Only odd/only even Fridays (I'm doing odd Fridays).
  • One or more specific Fridays of the month (1st, 3rd, etc) are designated Frisky.
  • Flip a coin each Friday to determine if Frisky Friday will occur.

I will be using this thread to update on what pairings and hatches I end up with throughout the year. If you decide to take up this challenge and document your own results, please ping me so I can follow!
a6a051d47c8b148cce0be376e5286c2bc794a14a.png
inkymink | he/him | FR standard time
Results of my first few Frisky Friday nests! On Friday the 29th of December, [b]GoodRiddance[/b]* (Fae F) was feeling frisky, and found a willing partner in [b]Gilgamesh[/b] (Imperial M)! [columns] [morphology=4220698] [nextcol] [morphology=4220704] [/columns] [size=1]*(Don't worry about the name, I love her.)[/size] [i]Basic/Basic/Firebreather vs Iridescent/Constellation/Ringlets[/i] They laid 4 eggs. On 3 Jan, those eggs hatched: [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1199119742447919174/1199122158203437146/image.png[/img] [i]From top left to bottom right: Jasper, Isabella, Kirrily, and Lincoln[/i][/center] I lucked out in getting a tight and harmonious color range for this one, with some actually very lovely purples and greys. And the very first hatch is a goat boy! Unsurprisingly all 4 are 1B/2B, but I kinda think the blank canvas works well for displaying Ringlets, which can easily get overshadowed. The one instance of Firebreather is nothing to write home about, but it looks okay. I'm keeping Jasper because I'm OBSESSED with goat eyes, but his siblings are up for sale in my hatchery. [RULE] On Friday the 5th of January, [b]Enkidu[/b] (Skydancer M) was feeling frisky, and found a willing partner in [b]Ashlesha[/b] (Spiral F)! [columns] [morphology=4220936] [nextcol] [morphology=4220957] [/columns] [i]Starmap/Paisley/Gembond vs Petals/Constellation/Flecks[/i] They laid 2 eggs. On 10 Jan, those eggs hatched: [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1199119742447919174/1199123801884065802/image.png[/img] [i]Nevin on left, Paul on right[/i][/center] Well, this one's kind of a hot mess! Both lads got their father's uninspiring gene combo (Enkidu has since changed up his look to something [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90927555]a bit more sophisticated[/url]). And while Paul at least has the blessing of a passable color palette, poor Nevin is... very unfortunate. Paul is available for sale if you want him for some reason. Nevin is actually so ugly I have to keep him for my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3310862]Ugly Ducklings project[/url]! [RULE] On Friday the 19th of January, [b]Sasha[/b] (Tundra M) was feeling frisky and found a willing partner in [b]Zahna[/b] (Skydancer F)! [columns] [morphology=4221073] [nextcol] [morphology=4187359] [/columns] [i]Flaunt/Myrid/Basic vs Laced/Flair/Firefly[/i] They laid 2 eggs. Find out what hatches later this week!
Results of my first few Frisky Friday nests!

On Friday the 29th of December, GoodRiddance* (Fae F) was feeling frisky, and found a willing partner in Gilgamesh (Imperial M)!
GoodRiddance 29Dec23
Gilgamesh 29Dec23
*(Don't worry about the name, I love her.)
Basic/Basic/Firebreather vs Iridescent/Constellation/Ringlets

They laid 4 eggs. On 3 Jan, those eggs hatched:
image.png
From top left to bottom right: Jasper, Isabella, Kirrily, and Lincoln

I lucked out in getting a tight and harmonious color range for this one, with some actually very lovely purples and greys. And the very first hatch is a goat boy!

Unsurprisingly all 4 are 1B/2B, but I kinda think the blank canvas works well for displaying Ringlets, which can easily get overshadowed. The one instance of Firebreather is nothing to write home about, but it looks okay.

I'm keeping Jasper because I'm OBSESSED with goat eyes, but his siblings are up for sale in my hatchery.

On Friday the 5th of January, Enkidu (Skydancer M) was feeling frisky, and found a willing partner in Ashlesha (Spiral F)!
Enkidu 5Jan24
Ashlesha 5Jan24
Starmap/Paisley/Gembond vs Petals/Constellation/Flecks

They laid 2 eggs. On 10 Jan, those eggs hatched:
image.png
Nevin on left, Paul on right

Well, this one's kind of a hot mess! Both lads got their father's uninspiring gene combo (Enkidu has since changed up his look to something a bit more sophisticated). And while Paul at least has the blessing of a passable color palette, poor Nevin is... very unfortunate.

Paul is available for sale if you want him for some reason. Nevin is actually so ugly I have to keep him for my Ugly Ducklings project!

On Friday the 19th of January, Sasha (Tundra M) was feeling frisky and found a willing partner in Zahna (Skydancer F)!
Sasha 19Jan24
Zahna 19Jan24
Flaunt/Myrid/Basic vs Laced/Flair/Firefly

They laid 2 eggs. Find out what hatches later this week!
Update: on 25 Jan, Sasha and Zahna's eggs hatched: [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1199119742447919174/1200041900015620176/image.png[/img] [i]Megan on left, Olga on right[/i][/center] Hey, these girls look pretty nice! Neither of them got Firefly (no surprise there), but the color schemes are great. The tert colors work well too - grey for Megan and black for Olga, so lots of potential options for a tert gene. Fun fact: Sasha has now had 7 daughters and 0 sons. Weird! Megan and Olga, as well as 4 of their sisters (all Flaunt/Myrid Tundras in various color combos) are available for sale in my hatchery.
Update: on 25 Jan, Sasha and Zahna's eggs hatched:
image.png
Megan on left, Olga on right

Hey, these girls look pretty nice! Neither of them got Firefly (no surprise there), but the color schemes are great. The tert colors work well too - grey for Megan and black for Olga, so lots of potential options for a tert gene.

Fun fact: Sasha has now had 7 daughters and 0 sons. Weird!
Megan and Olga, as well as 4 of their sisters (all Flaunt/Myrid Tundras in various color combos) are available for sale in my hatchery.