Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Quartz Realm [Kingdomlocke]
1 2 3
[center][b]Day 18[/b] [item=Apatite] The Quartz Realm has organized a coup against Queen Lorna and was successful. [b][i]Lorna[/i][/b] has been killed. May she rest peacefully. She has been succeeded by her daughter, [b][i]Ammonite[/i][/b]. ----- When Yaaziel stormed into the palace with a mob of citizens, Lorna knew that her time was up. "Yaaziel... I understand that my rule has come to an end. All I ask is that you allow me to say goodbye to my daughter." "How am I supposed to trust that you won't try to escape?" Yaaziel retorted. "I have no wish to. Xii and Panori have been kept waiting for me on the other side of the veil for long enough now." Yaaziel looked back at the mob before turning towards Lorna once more and nodding grimly. "Very well. I shall bring her here, and we will give you two privacy. We will be guarding the exits just in case you want to try anything." Yaaziel then left to retrieve Ammonite, leaving the mob to guard the doors that lead out of the throne room. It took them a fair amount of time to return, giving Lorna enough time to ponder what she would say to her daughter. Finally, the ornate doors swung open. revealing a panicked Ammonite and a morose but determined Yaaziel. "You have as much time as you need, Lorna," Yaaziel stated before walking back out of the same doors she entered through. Ammonite then rushed to her mother's side, teary-faced. "Mother, tell me it's not true. How could you let them do this to you? How can you be okay with leaving me?" Ammonite sobbed. "My little shell, Yaaziel will never rest until I am gone. Our kingdom is young, it needs peace in order to grow. There will never be peace as long as I am here, I'm afraid. You are grown now, no matter how I may wish to see you as my baby. You, and this kingdom, need me no longer." "That's not true, Mother. I will always need you! I won't know what to do without you..." Lorna smiled sadly at her before sweeping her under her wing in a hug. "I will never truly leave you, dear. Every time you think of me, that will be me telling you that I am here and that I love you. Promise me you will be a strong, kind leader, Ammonite. Don't let this day turn your heart to stone." "I... I promise, Mother. I love you." "It's time, my little shell. I love you too." With those words, Lorna calls Yaaziel back into the room and asks her to take Ammonite to the gardens so that she will not have to witness her death. Yaaziel agrees and has one of the members of the mob guide Ammonite there. "This is it then, Yaaziel. I ask of you, please take good care of my daughter." "I will. I won't let our feuding harm her. I'm sorry that it has to end this way." "I am as well. Goodbye, my kingdom. May Ammonite's reign be long and prosperous." Lorna closed her eyes, and the last thing she heard was the unsheathing of a sword.[/center]
Day 18
Apatite
The Quartz Realm has organized a coup against Queen Lorna and was successful.

Lorna has been killed. May she rest peacefully.

She has been succeeded by her daughter, Ammonite.
When Yaaziel stormed into the palace with a mob of citizens, Lorna knew that her time was up.

"Yaaziel... I understand that my rule has come to an end. All I ask is that you allow me to say goodbye to my daughter."

"How am I supposed to trust that you won't try to escape?" Yaaziel retorted.

"I have no wish to. Xii and Panori have been kept waiting for me on the other side of the veil for long enough now."

Yaaziel looked back at the mob before turning towards Lorna once more and nodding grimly.

"Very well. I shall bring her here, and we will give you two privacy. We will be guarding the exits just in case you want to try anything."

Yaaziel then left to retrieve Ammonite, leaving the mob to guard the doors that lead out of the throne room. It took them a fair amount of time to return, giving Lorna enough time to ponder what she would say to her daughter.

Finally, the ornate doors swung open. revealing a panicked Ammonite and a morose but determined Yaaziel.

"You have as much time as you need, Lorna," Yaaziel stated before walking back out of the same doors she entered through. Ammonite then rushed to her mother's side, teary-faced.

"Mother, tell me it's not true. How could you let them do this to you? How can you be okay with leaving me?" Ammonite sobbed.

"My little shell, Yaaziel will never rest until I am gone. Our kingdom is young, it needs peace in order to grow. There will never be peace as long as I am here, I'm afraid. You are grown now, no matter how I may wish to see you as my baby. You, and this kingdom, need me no longer."

"That's not true, Mother. I will always need you! I won't know what to do without you..."

Lorna smiled sadly at her before sweeping her under her wing in a hug.

"I will never truly leave you, dear. Every time you think of me, that will be me telling you that I am here and that I love you. Promise me you will be a strong, kind leader, Ammonite. Don't let this day turn your heart to stone."

"I... I promise, Mother. I love you."

"It's time, my little shell. I love you too."

With those words, Lorna calls Yaaziel back into the room and asks her to take Ammonite to the gardens so that she will not have to witness her death. Yaaziel agrees and has one of the members of the mob guide Ammonite there.

"This is it then, Yaaziel. I ask of you, please take good care of my daughter."

"I will. I won't let our feuding harm her. I'm sorry that it has to end this way."

"I am as well. Goodbye, my kingdom. May Ammonite's reign be long and prosperous."

Lorna closed her eyes, and the last thing she heard was the unsheathing of a sword.
[center][b]Day 19[/b] [item=Rusted Iron Belt Buckle] [b][i]Opulence[/i][/b], being the highest level dragon in the kingdom, takes the time to train every dragon under level 5 up to their next level. [b][i]Kenji [/i][/b]reaches level 4, and [b][i]Ammonite[/i][/b], [b][i]Ewara[/i][/b], and [b][i]Viriya [/i][/b]reach level 2. ----- Ammonite knew her father would never say it, but she thought that this trip was his way of apologizing to her. A strange attempt to make amends for allowing Yaaziel to kill the mother of his only child. She wondered if in some way, he was training her to help her avoid the same fate. Ammonite wasn't sure if she could ever forgive him, but she appreciated the sentiment as much as she could. Ammonite will not fall, not like her mother did. She will take Lorna's sacrifice and use it to make her the powerful leader her kingdom needs. If she slips even once, is any less than perfect, then how can she be sure that she won't meet the same fate?[/center]
Day 19
Rusted Iron Belt Buckle
Opulence, being the highest level dragon in the kingdom, takes the time to train every dragon under level 5 up to their next level.

Kenji reaches level 4, and Ammonite, Ewara, and Viriya reach level 2.
Ammonite knew her father would never say it, but she thought that this trip was his way of apologizing to her. A strange attempt to make amends for allowing Yaaziel to kill the mother of his only child.

She wondered if in some way, he was training her to help her avoid the same fate. Ammonite wasn't sure if she could ever forgive him, but she appreciated the sentiment as much as she could.

Ammonite will not fall, not like her mother did. She will take Lorna's sacrifice and use it to make her the powerful leader her kingdom needs. If she slips even once, is any less than perfect, then how can she be sure that she won't meet the same fate?
[center][b]Day 20[/b] [item=Pressed Flower] [b][i]Kenji [/i][/b]and [b][i]Ammonite [/i][/b]take part in Nature's Gambit. Both survive, bringing home two new citizens with them. Two new dragons, [b][i]Oceanus [/i][/b]and [b][i]Driftwood[/i][/b], wander into the Quartz Realm. [b][i]Ammonite [/i][/b]reaches level 4 and [b][i]Kenji [/i][/b]reaches level 5. [b][i]Kenji [/i][/b]is now able to choose a job. They decide to become a teacher. ----- The forest was nearly silent save for the distant chirping of birds and chittering of squirrels. Two dragons wandered together, pausing in their walk only to fight the odd hostile creature that would appear. After several hours of this pattern, Kenji finally found it in themself to break the silence. "I'm sorry about what happened to your mother..." Ammonite sighed before responding flatly, "Thank you for your kind words." "That probably wasn't the best way for me to word it. What I mean is, it was wrong of Yaaziel to kill her. It was wrong for Opulence to stand by and do nothing. It... It was wrong for me to do nothing... And for that, I ask for your forgiveness." Ammonite fell into a stunned silence. "I... Thank you. There's nothing to forgive you for, really. You are a new citizen, and you had no ties to the situation. It wouldn't be fair for me to place any blame on you. Still, I appreciate it." "You know... I'm proud to call you my ruler, even if I wish it hadn't happened this way. Perhaps I could help you with something, at least until you're more comfortable being in charge?" "My mother, she never really," Ammonite pauses to gather herself, trying to prevent tears from rising to her eyes, "She never had much of a chance to teach me how to be a ruler. And I know that Yaaziel has experience, but no way am I ever going to her for help with what she's done." She continued, "I know that my mother brought a lot of books with her from her old home, but I've been struggling to find out which ones will help me and what information I need to take away from them. Would... would you help teach me?" "Lady Ammonite, I would be honored if you would allow me to teach you. I don't have much experience teaching, but in my previous travels I have seen many rulers, witnessed as their strengths and flaws could bring glory or destruction to their kingdoms. I hope that with this experience, I can help you to become the great Queen that I'm sure your mother knew you could be."[/center]
Day 20
Pressed Flower
Kenji and Ammonite take part in Nature's Gambit. Both survive, bringing home two new citizens with them.

Two new dragons, Oceanus and Driftwood, wander into the Quartz Realm.

Ammonite reaches level 4 and Kenji reaches level 5.

Kenji is now able to choose a job. They decide to become a teacher.
The forest was nearly silent save for the distant chirping of birds and chittering of squirrels. Two dragons wandered together, pausing in their walk only to fight the odd hostile creature that would appear.

After several hours of this pattern, Kenji finally found it in themself to break the silence.

"I'm sorry about what happened to your mother..."

Ammonite sighed before responding flatly, "Thank you for your kind words."

"That probably wasn't the best way for me to word it. What I mean is, it was wrong of Yaaziel to kill her. It was wrong for Opulence to stand by and do nothing. It... It was wrong for me to do nothing... And for that, I ask for your forgiveness."

Ammonite fell into a stunned silence.

"I... Thank you. There's nothing to forgive you for, really. You are a new citizen, and you had no ties to the situation. It wouldn't be fair for me to place any blame on you. Still, I appreciate it."

"You know... I'm proud to call you my ruler, even if I wish it hadn't happened this way. Perhaps I could help you with something, at least until you're more comfortable being in charge?"

"My mother, she never really," Ammonite pauses to gather herself, trying to prevent tears from rising to her eyes, "She never had much of a chance to teach me how to be a ruler. And I know that Yaaziel has experience, but no way am I ever going to her for help with what she's done."

She continued, "I know that my mother brought a lot of books with her from her old home, but I've been struggling to find out which ones will help me and what information I need to take away from them. Would... would you help teach me?"

"Lady Ammonite, I would be honored if you would allow me to teach you. I don't have much experience teaching, but in my previous travels I have seen many rulers, witnessed as their strengths and flaws could bring glory or destruction to their kingdoms. I hope that with this experience, I can help you to become the great Queen that I'm sure your mother knew you could be."
1 2 3