Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | || Becoming Monsters - Fodderlocke ||
1 2
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tgc0F1b.png[/img] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=66547225][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/665473/66547225.png[/img][nextcol][font=times new roman][size=6]» [b]Day 001: Rallying The Troops[/b][/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/tgc0F1b.png[/img] The first beast Merc brought him was weak, her bright purple feathers stuck out far worse than even he did in the forest, and when faced with one of the weaker of their kind she could barely keep from being torn to shreds. Champ did little to stop the little monsters from tearing chunks from her wings before she fled, threatening to keep others from helping them. She was weak, and despite her words Champ cared little for her, he could not excuse weakness, not when he had a war to fight. “How hard is it to find a decent fighter in these woods?!” The words were snarled out as the giant rested his head on his paws, annoyance clear on his face as he glared at the now empty camp. Just the day before this place had been swarming with potential recruits, but now? Now he was stuck with Merc and no one else; no beast other than the little monster was strong enough to stay for more than a few hours. That was when he heard it, a screamed snarl that shook the trees around them, and for a fleeting moment Champ worried they had been found out, even before the assault could begin, that was until a white lizard burst through the trees, chasing some poor raptorik that squawked and tried to fly away only to be snapped up in the monster’s jaws. It was no ordinary lizard, for it lacked front legs, yet it used it’s torn wings as legs, racing across the ground with shocking speed. It was furious, blue eyes darting around for another target while Champ laughed, allowing himself to smile for the first time since he had set out upon his task to reclaim the land. “Calm my friend, you are safe here, I promise, and if it is blood you crave you will fit right in. What is your name?” Something about his smooth tongue must have clicked with the beast, for it seemed to lose it’s bloodlust, at least for a moment, breathing heavy but slowing as it looked up to Champ. “Chim- Chimalli. I am Chimalli.” “Welcome to your new home Chimalli, I am Champ, it is an honor to meet you.” [img]https://i.imgur.com/tgc0F1b.png[/img]
tgc0F1b.png
66547225.png » Day 001: Rallying The Troops
tgc0F1b.png

The first beast Merc brought him was weak, her bright purple feathers stuck out far worse than even he did in the forest, and when faced with one of the weaker of their kind she could barely keep from being torn to shreds. Champ did little to stop the little monsters from tearing chunks from her wings before she fled, threatening to keep others from helping them. She was weak, and despite her words Champ cared little for her, he could not excuse weakness, not when he had a war to fight.

“How hard is it to find a decent fighter in these woods?!” The words were snarled out as the giant rested his head on his paws, annoyance clear on his face as he glared at the now empty camp. Just the day before this place had been swarming with potential recruits, but now? Now he was stuck with Merc and no one else; no beast other than the little monster was strong enough to stay for more than a few hours.

That was when he heard it, a screamed snarl that shook the trees around them, and for a fleeting moment Champ worried they had been found out, even before the assault could begin, that was until a white lizard burst through the trees, chasing some poor raptorik that squawked and tried to fly away only to be snapped up in the monster’s jaws. It was no ordinary lizard, for it lacked front legs, yet it used it’s torn wings as legs, racing across the ground with shocking speed. It was furious, blue eyes darting around for another target while Champ laughed, allowing himself to smile for the first time since he had set out upon his task to reclaim the land.

“Calm my friend, you are safe here, I promise, and if it is blood you crave you will fit right in. What is your name?”

Something about his smooth tongue must have clicked with the beast, for it seemed to lose it’s bloodlust, at least for a moment, breathing heavy but slowing as it looked up to Champ. “Chim- Chimalli. I am Chimalli.”

“Welcome to your new home Chimalli, I am Champ, it is an honor to meet you.”

tgc0F1b.png
B7_L.pngo324-d01-Gay-Screeching.png4qRIVLU.pngcDKoVmo.pngo324-d02-Gay-Screeching.pngT24.pngo324-d04-Gay-Screeching.pngaKdV5MN.pngE3sjxsi.pngm5Wt3n0.png
BJ6ik2C.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/tgc0F1b.png[/img][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=66547225][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/665473/66547225.png[/img][nextcol][font=times new roman][size=6]» [b]002: A Lone Man’s War[/b][/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/tgc0F1b.png[/img][/center] “Champ, the new recruits have arrived.” “Potential recruits, Merc, they are not warriors yet. Take Chimalli with you and see if they have what it takes to fight in this war. I will not lose any monsters who are not ready to die.” The tiny horned beast hardly seemed to care, nodding and slipping away even before he was done speaking. The giant sighed softly as his second in command left, off to find the only warrior who had joined their ranks thus far to test those who wished to help. Even as he lay there he doubted a single one would make it, they were far crueler than he would have liked but they were good at driving away those who did not truly wish to be there. There was a quiet sadness in the way he held himself, around others he stood tall and proud, but alone? When left to his own thoughts Champ allowed himself to feel once more, he allowed himself to lament over his past. “I will fix things, for you, for us.” It was not clear who those words were meant for, even he could likely not say as he lay there, feeling the sun kiss his skin between the leaves of the canopy that hung far above. It was unclear when he fell asleep, the weather from yesterday seemed to have made his drowsy, but as he opened his eyes again he was met with an unfamiliar face. Green eyes, like those from so long ago, met his red gaze, a soft brown surrounded that green, giving the beast before him the appearance similar to a dryad of sorts. “I- I’m sorry, I just-” “Why are you here?” His voice was darker than he meant for it to be, the words half growled as he picked himself up from the earth, staring down at the woman that dared to disturb his sleep. “I, I heard there were some monsters looking for warriors. I’m not much of a fighter but… if you’re to fight then you need someone to heal you after the fighting is done, right?” “You are a healer then? I did not think someone interested in helping others would offer to aid in a war, it is the wrong setting for someone… gentle like yourself.” “I don’t need to explain myself to you I just-” “I am Champ, the head of this war effort, and if you truly wish to join, then yes, you [i]do[/i] need to explain yourself to me. I am not a difficult man to get along with, that I can promise you, but I like to know those I work with; how can I be expected to work alongside someone if I can not trust that they will not turn on me?” There was a story, or two, in those few words, a life left unspoken by the giant as he stared down at the smaller monster. She was not much smaller than him, much closer in size than Merc at least, but still she was far from huge. Her expression reminded him of a wounded animal, hurt and distressed, wondering when the killing blow would come, perhaps he had been too harsh. With a soft sigh he spoke once more, expression softening as he sat, allowing himself to curl his tail around his paws. “My apologies, I was quick to judge, and in truth I am simply disheartened already. This war has only just begun, yet it seems that few care like I. I would not turn away a healer, I do not wish to lose anyone I do not have to in this fight.” “Thank you Champ, neither of us did the best job of introducing ourselves, huh? I’m Autumn, so you know, and I promise I’m not going to turn against you or something. I just want to minimize any casualties we may have; no one needs to die when someone might be able to save them.” “Perhaps you will join me later in the evening? You do not intend to fight but it would not hurt to know how to defend yourself.” “I would like that, I think.” [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/tgc0F1b.png[/img][/center] [font=times new roman][size=2]Pinglist » @Tynethyne @Aurorafulnight @Sweettoothart [/font][/size]
tgc0F1b.png
66547225.png » 002: A Lone Man’s War
tgc0F1b.png

“Champ, the new recruits have arrived.”

“Potential recruits, Merc, they are not warriors yet. Take Chimalli with you and see if they have what it takes to fight in this war. I will not lose any monsters who are not ready to die.” The tiny horned beast hardly seemed to care, nodding and slipping away even before he was done speaking. The giant sighed softly as his second in command left, off to find the only warrior who had joined their ranks thus far to test those who wished to help. Even as he lay there he doubted a single one would make it, they were far crueler than he would have liked but they were good at driving away those who did not truly wish to be there.

There was a quiet sadness in the way he held himself, around others he stood tall and proud, but alone? When left to his own thoughts Champ allowed himself to feel once more, he allowed himself to lament over his past. “I will fix things, for you, for us.” It was not clear who those words were meant for, even he could likely not say as he lay there, feeling the sun kiss his skin between the leaves of the canopy that hung far above.

It was unclear when he fell asleep, the weather from yesterday seemed to have made his drowsy, but as he opened his eyes again he was met with an unfamiliar face. Green eyes, like those from so long ago, met his red gaze, a soft brown surrounded that green, giving the beast before him the appearance similar to a dryad of sorts. “I- I’m sorry, I just-”

“Why are you here?” His voice was darker than he meant for it to be, the words half growled as he picked himself up from the earth, staring down at the woman that dared to disturb his sleep.

“I, I heard there were some monsters looking for warriors. I’m not much of a fighter but… if you’re to fight then you need someone to heal you after the fighting is done, right?”

“You are a healer then? I did not think someone interested in helping others would offer to aid in a war, it is the wrong setting for someone… gentle like yourself.”

“I don’t need to explain myself to you I just-”

“I am Champ, the head of this war effort, and if you truly wish to join, then yes, you do need to explain yourself to me. I am not a difficult man to get along with, that I can promise you, but I like to know those I work with; how can I be expected to work alongside someone if I can not trust that they will not turn on me?” There was a story, or two, in those few words, a life left unspoken by the giant as he stared down at the smaller monster. She was not much smaller than him, much closer in size than Merc at least, but still she was far from huge. Her expression reminded him of a wounded animal, hurt and distressed, wondering when the killing blow would come, perhaps he had been too harsh.

With a soft sigh he spoke once more, expression softening as he sat, allowing himself to curl his tail around his paws. “My apologies, I was quick to judge, and in truth I am simply disheartened already. This war has only just begun, yet it seems that few care like I. I would not turn away a healer, I do not wish to lose anyone I do not have to in this fight.”

“Thank you Champ, neither of us did the best job of introducing ourselves, huh? I’m Autumn, so you know, and I promise I’m not going to turn against you or something. I just want to minimize any casualties we may have; no one needs to die when someone might be able to save them.”

“Perhaps you will join me later in the evening? You do not intend to fight but it would not hurt to know how to defend yourself.”

“I would like that, I think.”
tgc0F1b.png
Pinglist » @Tynethyne @Aurorafulnight @Sweettoothart
B7_L.pngo324-d01-Gay-Screeching.png4qRIVLU.pngcDKoVmo.pngo324-d02-Gay-Screeching.pngT24.pngo324-d04-Gay-Screeching.pngaKdV5MN.pngE3sjxsi.pngm5Wt3n0.png
BJ6ik2C.png
1 2