Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Black Hole clan - Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5
[center][size=5][u]Day 14[/size][/u] [item=calico chimera] ------------------------------------------------------------- Meat: 45 matches Highest 3 rolls go to the coli: [b]Pollution[/b]: 20 Toxicity: 10 Lantern: 5 [b]Lake[/b]: 13 [b]Altwidus[/b]: 19 They're headed to the Training Fields! ------------------------------------------- Today, the clan was being assailed by clocks. Polly, Altwidus and Lake resolved to deal with this. After almost making a wrong turn into the Mire MULTIPLE times, where they would've died immediately, they found the clock nest in the Training Fields. It was a cave full of many slumbering clocks. They looked on in contempt. "I guess you could say that... Their time is up," Altwidus whispered, trying to stifle his own wheezy laugh. Lake did a monotonous laugh so loud it woke up all the clocks, and they all started ringing at once. Polly screeched like a pterodactyl. ------------------------------------------------------------------ [u]~Pinglist~[/u] @velvetpaws[/center]
Day 14

Calico Chimera

Meat: 45 matches

Highest 3 rolls go to the coli:

Pollution: 20
Toxicity: 10
Lantern: 5
Lake: 13
Altwidus: 19

They're headed to the Training Fields!

Today, the clan was being assailed by clocks. Polly, Altwidus and Lake resolved to deal with this. After almost making a wrong turn into the Mire MULTIPLE times, where they would've died immediately, they found the clock nest in the Training Fields. It was a cave full of many slumbering clocks. They looked on in contempt.

"I guess you could say that... Their time is up," Altwidus whispered, trying to stifle his own wheezy laugh.

Lake did a monotonous laugh so loud it woke up all the clocks, and they all started ringing at once. Polly screeched like a pterodactyl.

~Pinglist~

@velvetpaws
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
omg, that was hilarious! [emoji=gaoler laughing size=2]

omg, that was hilarious!
MmSftql.png
[center][size=5][u]Day 15[/size][/u] [item=Pretty Peach Arm Bow] ------------------------------------------------------------- Mostly posting today because Lantern and Altwidus' nest is ready to hatch! Rolling for survival: 1,2,3 : Survival 4,5,6 : "Dead" 66364154: 4 66364155: 1 Welcome to the clan, Alkaline! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66364155][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663642/66364155_350.png[/img][/url] [center][b][size=5][i][u]Alkaline[/u][/i][/size][/b] [size=2]Lantern and Altwidus' son. He seems interested in his dad's work, to Lantern's dismay.[/size] [i]Born into the Black Hole clan on January 3rd, 2021.[/i] ------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------- Only Lake can nest right now, but he doesn't have a partner. ------------------------------------------ The Gene smoke has been applied to Lake! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65599644][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/655997/65599644_350.png[/img][/url] ------------------------------------------- Might update with writing later in the day - Got a toothache right now, so I can't think very straight! My apologies. ------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]
Day 15

Pretty Peach Arm Bow

Mostly posting today because Lantern and Altwidus' nest is ready to hatch!

Rolling for survival:
1,2,3 : Survival
4,5,6 : "Dead"

66364154: 4
66364155: 1

Welcome to the clan, Alkaline!

66364155_350.png
Alkaline

Lantern and Altwidus' son. He seems interested in his dad's work, to Lantern's dismay.

Born into the Black Hole clan on January 3rd, 2021.

Only Lake can nest right now, but he doesn't have a partner.

The Gene smoke has been applied to Lake!

65599644_350.png

Might update with writing later in the day - Got a toothache right now, so I can't think very straight! My apologies.

AbwaPSg.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[center][size=5][u]Day 16[/size][/u] [item=Sage Shell] ------------------------------------------------------------- [i]Author note: Very sorry I haven't been posting lately! My internet's been too slow to do coli days, and I have not felt like doing anything else the past couple weeks - But I'll keep trying![/i] ----------------------------------------------------------- Alkaline was taking cautious steps through the mist with Lake sitting on his back. After many trials with his namesake, the tundra had had grown up to have coarse, thin fur and calcified callouses running up his legs and on his face. As a child Alkaline had a curiosity in the work of his father. He always admired how his father's arms looked, the statue-esque growth he'd gotten from plague soup. It wasn't long before he wandered off into the woods and came back with his own arms calcified - dipped in the fluid of a stolen bottle with his own name on it. His parents were horrified in spite of his excitement, and he quickly learned he couldn't show some things to his light raised parents - they would not understand. But at the very least, he appreciated their magical efforts to keep his arms from dying. He began confiding in Lake when he got older - he found Lake very like-minded and easy to speak to, if they needed to speak at all. Lake found a similar horrific beauty in the mist, murky water, and stagnant air, that Alkaline did in petrification. He acted as a companion for the tiny lonely fae, venturing with him through the wood to odd murky pools and other strange places. In return for his companionship, Lake learned his own healing magics, that Alkaline might progress his calcification should the chance arise. Which it eventually did. On one of their ventures, they came across an innocuous looking pool of clear water... Surrounded by and filled with petrified creatures. Alkaline was amazed. So foolishly and madly amazed that he nearly dove completely into the pool. Opening his eyes under the surface to see the birds and beasts consumed by the alkaline water, but then panicking as his vision fogged over. He clambered away from the water but slipped, and his back legs fell into the pool briefly before he got away. Lake was already straining, using his magic to keep the tundra breathing. They had to spend some time by that pool, as Lakes healing abilities weren't enough to heal the tundra immediately, and his legs and tail weren't priority over his head. Lake took care of him in this macabre art gallery they'd found, hunting and cooking for him. And neither of them had ever spoke much, so it was just them, and the all-encompassing fog that followed Lake, the silence, and the statues. After a few days of recovery the two were able to head home, but they had definitely found something profound there - not just in the lake, but in the time shared. And so they wandered together. Here they wandered, back to Alkaline's lake of statues, back to his art gallery. Mineral fur crunching, dead eyes gazing into the mist. Alkaline stared into the mist. Alkaline stared into the mist. The mist stared into Alkaline. ------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------ I've updated SEVERAL bios with Alkaline's aging up! ------------------------------------------------------------------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66364155][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663642/66364155_350.png[/img][/url][center][b][size=5][i][u]Alkaline[/u][/i][/size][/b] [size=4][u][i]The Caustic Sculptor[/i][/u][/size] [size=2]Lantern and Altwidus' son, though he rarely interacts with them anymore as he feels that their past with the light flight makes it impossible for them to understand him. Fascinated by calcification, he began calcifying his own body, remaining alive through magic. He makes frequent trips to a saline pool that he calls his "art gallery" with his mate, Lake. He secretly has a great desire to create more beautiful statues by luring other dragons to the pool with a lantern's guiding light, or a song. If only he could mesmerize like a veilspun...[/size] ---------------------------------------------------------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/655997/65599644p.png[/img][center][b][size=5][i][u]Lake[/u][/i][/size][/b] [size=4][u][i]The Still Air[/i][/u][/size] [size=2]After growing up in the stagnant, damp air of the tangled growth, Lake has become a rather forlorn dragon. He's an extremely soft-spoken dragon who enjoys hunting and cooking his own food, and travelling through the mist of the wood with his mate, Alkaline. He has a deep love of the mist he wanders through. He believes getting lost in a never-ending fog is simply an eventuality for him; He just hopes he is with Alkaline when it happens, so that he'll at least have the company.[/size] ---------------------------------------------------------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/628372/62837123p.png[/img] [center][b][size=5][i][u]Lantern[/u][/i][/size][/b] [size=4][u][i]The Blinding Light[/i][/u][/size] [size=2]The third member of the Black hole subclan. They started as a bit of an outsider, as Toxicity and Pollution had grown up together, but are now content to spend time with Altwidus. Or Lake, if he isn't off somewhere. Lantern finds they spend a lot of time trying to keep their family from injury, as Altwidus and Alkaline both have a penchant for acidic and caustic substances. Altwidus is learning to take better care, but Lantern is unfortunately finding that keeping their son in one piece is a losing battle. Lantern looks quite soft and cuddly, but it's a facade they know how to keep well. The light dragon came to the Tangled Wood for a reason, after all. A taste for obfuscation - Blinding light obscures just as well as the darkness. Their softness is just as disarming as a surprise attack.[/size] --------------------------------------------------------------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/648396/64839507p.png[/img] [center][b][size=5][i][u]Altwidus[/u][/i][/size][/b] [size=4][u][i]The Bog Wizard[/i][/u][/size] [size=2]Altwidus originally settled in with the Black Hole clan to conduct research on dangerous substances in the Tangled Wood (after doing similar research in the Scarred Wasteland, foolishly sticking his hands into plague soup saying he could resist it, and getting bullied out of the Wasteland by the local plaguelings). However, he's stayed around after finding a mate, Lantern, who took sympathy on him for being bullied a lot, both in the wasteland and back in the Sunbeam Ruins where he grew up. He's been learning to be a little bit more humble and cautious, especially after his son stole one of his chemicals and hurt himself with it, which he blames himself for.[/size] -------------------------------------------------------- [u]~Pinglist~[/u] @velvetpaws[/center]
Day 16

Sage Shell

Author note: Very sorry I haven't been posting lately!

My internet's been too slow to do coli days, and I have not felt like doing anything else the past couple weeks -

But I'll keep trying!

Alkaline was taking cautious steps through the mist with Lake sitting on his back. After many trials with his namesake, the tundra had had grown up to have coarse, thin fur and calcified callouses running up his legs and on his face.

As a child Alkaline had a curiosity in the work of his father. He always admired how his father's arms looked, the statue-esque growth he'd gotten from plague soup. It wasn't long before he wandered off into the woods and came back with his own arms calcified - dipped in the fluid of a stolen bottle with his own name on it. His parents were horrified in spite of his excitement, and he quickly learned he couldn't show some things to his light raised parents - they would not understand. But at the very least, he appreciated their magical efforts to keep his arms from dying.

He began confiding in Lake when he got older - he found Lake very like-minded and easy to speak to, if they needed to speak at all. Lake found a similar horrific beauty in the mist, murky water, and stagnant air, that Alkaline did in petrification. He acted as a companion for the tiny lonely fae, venturing with him through the wood to odd murky pools and other strange places. In return for his companionship, Lake learned his own healing magics, that Alkaline might progress his calcification should the chance arise.

Which it eventually did. On one of their ventures, they came across an innocuous looking pool of clear water... Surrounded by and filled with petrified creatures. Alkaline was amazed. So foolishly and madly amazed that he nearly dove completely into the pool. Opening his eyes under the surface to see the birds and beasts consumed by the alkaline water, but then panicking as his vision fogged over. He clambered away from the water but slipped, and his back legs fell into the pool briefly before he got away. Lake was already straining, using his magic to keep the tundra breathing.

They had to spend some time by that pool, as Lakes healing abilities weren't enough to heal the tundra immediately, and his legs and tail weren't priority over his head. Lake took care of him in this macabre art gallery they'd found, hunting and cooking for him. And neither of them had ever spoke much, so it was just them, and the all-encompassing fog that followed Lake, the silence, and the statues. After a few days of recovery the two were able to head home, but they had definitely found something profound there - not just in the lake, but in the time shared.

And so they wandered together. Here they wandered, back to Alkaline's lake of statues, back to his art gallery. Mineral fur crunching, dead eyes gazing into the mist.

Alkaline stared into the mist. Alkaline stared into the mist. The mist stared into Alkaline.

I've updated SEVERAL bios with Alkaline's aging up!

66364155_350.png
Alkaline
The Caustic Sculptor

Lantern and Altwidus' son, though he rarely interacts with them anymore as he feels that their past with the light flight makes it impossible for them to understand him.

Fascinated by calcification, he began calcifying his own body, remaining alive through magic. He makes frequent trips to a saline pool that he calls his "art gallery" with his mate, Lake. He secretly has a great desire to create more beautiful statues by luring other dragons to the pool with a lantern's guiding light, or a song. If only he could mesmerize like a veilspun...

65599644p.png
Lake
The Still Air

After growing up in the stagnant, damp air of the tangled growth, Lake has become a rather forlorn dragon. He's an extremely soft-spoken dragon who enjoys hunting and cooking his own food, and travelling through the mist of the wood with his mate, Alkaline.

He has a deep love of the mist he wanders through. He believes getting lost in a never-ending fog is simply an eventuality for him; He just hopes he is with Alkaline when it happens, so that he'll at least have the company.

62837123p.png
Lantern
The Blinding Light

The third member of the Black hole subclan. They started as a bit of an outsider, as Toxicity and Pollution had grown up together, but are now content to spend time with Altwidus. Or Lake, if he isn't off somewhere. Lantern finds they spend a lot of time trying to keep their family from injury, as Altwidus and Alkaline both have a penchant for acidic and caustic substances. Altwidus is learning to take better care, but Lantern is unfortunately finding that keeping their son in one piece is a losing battle.

Lantern looks quite soft and cuddly, but it's a facade they know how to keep well. The light dragon came to the Tangled Wood for a reason, after all. A taste for obfuscation - Blinding light obscures just as well as the darkness. Their softness is just as disarming as a surprise attack.

64839507p.png
Altwidus
The Bog Wizard

Altwidus originally settled in with the Black Hole clan to conduct research on dangerous substances in the Tangled Wood (after doing similar research in the Scarred Wasteland, foolishly sticking his hands into plague soup saying he could resist it, and getting bullied out of the Wasteland by the local plaguelings).

However, he's stayed around after finding a mate, Lantern, who took sympathy on him for being bullied a lot, both in the wasteland and back in the Sunbeam Ruins where he grew up. He's been learning to be a little bit more humble and cautious, especially after his son stole one of his chemicals and hurt himself with it, which he blames himself for.

~Pinglist~

@velvetpaws
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[center][size=5][u]Day 17[/size][/u] [item=hooded skunk] ------------------------------------------------------------- Meat: 45 matches Highest 3 rolls go to the coli: Pollution: 4 Toxicity: 3 Lantern: 7 [b]Lake: 15[/b] [b]Altwidus: 13[/b] [b]Alkaline: 8[/b] They're headed to the Training Fields! ------------------------------------------- Altwidus, after having his beloved hat nibbled on by moths and screaming like a banshee, headed out to the training fields to do some moth control, alongside Lake and Alkaline. Alkaline would definitely have preferred his dad to not be there, but was surprised to see Lake and his dad joking... And laughing together. He hardly ever saw Lake speak and so was quite alarmed. "This is simply how some people communicate," Lake droned. "Me and you communicate silently, and me and Altwidus communicate by telling the worst jokes ever to disgrace dragonkind." Alkaline watched his dad fight. He gradually became unaware of how he'd ever looked up to this man, after watching him trip on a chipskink. "Ah, tripskink," he mumbled from the ground. "Ha ha ha," Lake laughed monotonously, "tripskink..." ------------------------------------------------------------------ [u]~Pinglist~[/u] @velvetpaws[/center] [/quote]
Day 17

Hooded Skunk

Meat: 45 matches

Highest 3 rolls go to the coli:

Pollution: 4
Toxicity: 3
Lantern: 7
Lake: 15
Altwidus: 13
Alkaline: 8

They're headed to the Training Fields!

Altwidus, after having his beloved hat nibbled on by moths and screaming like a banshee, headed out to the training fields to do some moth control, alongside Lake and Alkaline.

Alkaline would definitely have preferred his dad to not be there, but was surprised to see Lake and his dad joking... And laughing together. He hardly ever saw Lake speak and so was quite alarmed. "This is simply how some people communicate," Lake droned. "Me and you communicate silently, and me and Altwidus communicate by telling the worst jokes ever to disgrace dragonkind."

Alkaline watched his dad fight. He gradually became unaware of how he'd ever looked up to this man, after watching him trip on a chipskink. "Ah, tripskink," he mumbled from the ground.

"Ha ha ha," Lake laughed monotonously, "tripskink..."

~Pinglist~

@velvetpaws
[/quote]
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[center][size=5][u]Day 18[/size][/u] [item=Berserker] ------------------------------------------------------------- 1,2,3 = Death Streak 4,5,6 = Safe Rolled: 5 ------------------------------------------------------------- Toxicity was laying with Pollution when they heard the crow of a cockatrice. They both screamed so loud in response that they did not hear it again. But they [i]did[/i] hear Altwidus swearing from across the clearing, where the screaming had startled him so much he threw the beaker he was holding into the air. It shattered when it hit the ground, and whatever the blue substance that had been in it was, it was now crawling away. Very quickly, at that, for a mystery fluid. Altwidus stared at it, dumbfounded, then looked at his cauldron. "What on [i]sornieth[/i] was I making?," he asked himself, squinting. ----------------------------------------------------------------- ~Pinglist~ @velvetpaws[/center]
Day 18

Berserker

1,2,3 = Death Streak
4,5,6 = Safe

Rolled: 5

Toxicity was laying with Pollution when they heard the crow of a cockatrice. They both screamed so loud in response that they did not hear it again. But they did hear Altwidus swearing from across the clearing, where the screaming had startled him so much he threw the beaker he was holding into the air. It shattered when it hit the ground, and whatever the blue substance that had been in it was, it was now crawling away. Very quickly, at that, for a mystery fluid. Altwidus stared at it, dumbfounded, then looked at his cauldron.

"What on sornieth was I making?," he asked himself, squinting.

~Pinglist~

@velvetpaws
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Ping list please.

That last entry xD.
Ping list please.

That last entry xD.

FaCKLHz.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Them FR 0:00
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lore Notebook
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Trading (1:1)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basic to Rare Chall
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifProgenitor Quest
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Clan Lore
[center][size=5][u]Day 19[/size][/u] [item=battered gauntlet] ------------------------------------------------------------- Since I didn't have any art of him yet, I drew Alkaline! [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/bb349f472e069666aa7209e47855b581/a98f295309975a60-c6/s1280x1920/ccabaaf33757c3337ae5b85475b2b8770eee1b68.png[/img] ------------------------------------------------------------- Lake had been baking, and made a loaf of bread. He was demonstrating how to make a sandwich to Altwidus, who had evidently never learned to cook. "You put down a slice of bread, like this," Lake instructed monotonously, putting a piece of bread down on the rock slab that was the table. "Like this," Altwidus repeated, putting down a piece of bread. "And you put whatever other ingredients you want on it... I set some out," Lake continued, putting some grubs on his sandwich. "Ingredients..," Altwidus mumbled, picking through the assortment of ingredients Lake had put out and putting them on his sandwich. "And... You put another piece of bread on top," Lake finished, putting the second piece of bread on top of his sandwich. Altwidus put the finishing bread slice on his sandwich as well. "AHA! I DID IT!," he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air... ... But his face sank as his sandwich began melting through the rock. He looked in confusion at his own hands. "Why does everything I make become deadly acid? Why?" ----------------------------------------------------------------- ~Pinglist~ @velvetpaws @Tynethyne
Day 19

Battered Gauntlet

Since I didn't have any art of him yet, I drew Alkaline!

ccabaaf33757c3337ae5b85475b2b8770eee1b68.png

Lake had been baking, and made a loaf of bread. He was demonstrating how to make a sandwich to Altwidus, who had evidently never learned to cook.

"You put down a slice of bread, like this," Lake instructed monotonously, putting a piece of bread down on the rock slab that was the table.

"Like this," Altwidus repeated, putting down a piece of bread.

"And you put whatever other ingredients you want on it... I set some out," Lake continued, putting some grubs on his sandwich.

"Ingredients..," Altwidus mumbled, picking through the assortment of ingredients Lake had put out and putting them on his sandwich.

"And... You put another piece of bread on top," Lake finished, putting the second piece of bread on top of his sandwich.

Altwidus put the finishing bread slice on his sandwich as well. "AHA! I DID IT!," he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air...

... But his face sank as his sandwich began melting through the rock. He looked in confusion at his own hands. "Why does everything I make become deadly acid? Why?"

~Pinglist~

@velvetpaws
@Tynethyne
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Love the art!

And poor Altwidus. :D
Love the art!

And poor Altwidus. :D
MmSftql.png
[center][size=5][u]Day 20[/size][/u] [item=Ebony Filigree Boots] ------------------------------------------------------------- Great, Great! I have a lot to do today since I've been brewing genes! Toxicity and Pollution are now nesting! They have 3 eggs! ------------------------------------------------------------- The Gene toxin has been applied to Toxicity! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64810600][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/648107/64810600_350.png[/img][/url] ------------------------------------------- The gene skink has been applied to Lantern! She's finished! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62837123][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628372/62837123_350.png[/img][/url] -------------------------------------------- The gene piebald has been applied to Alkaline! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66364155][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663642/66364155_350.png[/img][/url] ------------------------------------------------------ The gene Noxtide has been applied to Pollution! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64810588][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/648106/64810588_350.png[/img][/url] ------------------------------------------------------ I'd do more genes today but I'm running out of treasure TwT ------------------------------------------------------- Why am I always in pain when I get apparel drops? xD I have a dreadful headache right now, I'll try to update with writing tomorrow (It's late here). ------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]
Day 20

Ebony Filigree Boots

Great, Great! I have a lot to do today since I've been brewing genes!

Toxicity and Pollution are now nesting! They have 3 eggs!

The Gene toxin has been applied to Toxicity!

64810600_350.png

The gene skink has been applied to Lantern! She's finished!

62837123_350.png

The gene piebald has been applied to Alkaline!

66364155_350.png

The gene Noxtide has been applied to Pollution!

64810588_350.png

I'd do more genes today but I'm running out of treasure TwT

Why am I always in pain when I get apparel drops? xD

I have a dreadful headache right now, I'll try to update with writing tomorrow (It's late here).

AbwaPSg.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
1 2 3 4 5