Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Modified 10 Drop Challenge
1 2 3
So, hopefully you're familiar with the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1832206#post_1832206]10 Drop Coliseum Challenge[/url] by @Zyxx! If you're not, the basic gist of the challenge is to get ten "interesting" drops in each venue. You can't leave a venue until you get 10 interesting drops either! Drops can be anything like battlestones, eggs, apparel, crates, familiars, ect. Whatever [b]you[/b] personally think is an "interesting" drop can be counted! Well, I've modified it slightly! I wanted to train an Arcane dragon to level 25 as a double-fodder trainer in the Mire. But, I got tired of leveling in the same venue. Sooo . . . I decided to train an entire team of three from level 1's! I am leveling them following the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1#post_1040710]How to Train Your Dragon, by Duke[/url] guide, while still following the rules of the 10 Drop Coli Challange! Here's the rules I've imposed for myself: [LIST] [*]Must go through each venue in order, no skipping around. [*]Must buy what battlestones I need as soon as the level of my team is high enough. (Two eliminates, six ambushes, and seven berserkers cost me a pretty penny.) [*]No duplicates for battlestones, potions, or chests count towards goal. [*]Must follow HTTYD guide to the letter. [*]If the venue isn't kicking my butt, I try to avoid any "basic" battlestones like plain might and aquity fragments, scratch and meditate, contuse, ect. [*]If venue is kicking my butt, I'll include those all I want, but the "no duplicates" rule still stands. [*]Keep track of what level my team is up to at the end of each venue! [*]Use same team until forced to change teams (Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal require specialized teams). [*]Festival chests [b]do[/b] count, festival currency [b]does not[/b] (keep track of festival currency, but it does not count towards goal at all). [*]Taking a break to level some fodder is fine, but I can't count any drops from those runs. [*][b]Additional Challenge[/b]: Try to finish before Halloween! [*]Edit: Golem Workshop is kicking my but. Might just simply cross the last two venues off of my challenge. Not counting those two, I made my additional challenge goal! [/LIST] [center][u][i][b]Meet my team![/b][/i][/u] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46337231][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/463373/46337231_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Aphrodite[/b], originally going to be leveled as a mage for Golem Workshop, before I decided that that wouldn't work for the challenge. She's one of my newest breeding pairs, and I just love her hatchlings so far! And yes, she is purposefully named after the Greek goddess Aphrodite. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49345989][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/493460/49345989_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Siva[/b], my entire reason for making this challenge honestly. He's my Arcane rep (only Arcane dragon in my lair actually, which surprised me), and half of my triple cyan breeding pair. Their hatchlings are seriously amazing, triple cyan + Lightning eyes = perfection in my opinion. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50812536][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/508126/50812536_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Ava[/b], who's kinda just filler for this challenge? Couldn't decide between her and an Earth dragon, but ultimately decided she's much more likely to be a permanent fixture in my lair. She's half of my triple radioactive pair and I absolutely love their color + gene combination. Been trying to get a multigaze from them, but no dice so far. [s]Just realized all three of my team are triple colors, lol.[/s]
So, hopefully you're familiar with the 10 Drop Coliseum Challenge by @Zyxx! If you're not, the basic gist of the challenge is to get ten "interesting" drops in each venue. You can't leave a venue until you get 10 interesting drops either! Drops can be anything like battlestones, eggs, apparel, crates, familiars, ect. Whatever you personally think is an "interesting" drop can be counted!

Well, I've modified it slightly! I wanted to train an Arcane dragon to level 25 as a double-fodder trainer in the Mire. But, I got tired of leveling in the same venue. Sooo . . .

I decided to train an entire team of three from level 1's! I am leveling them following the How to Train Your Dragon, by Duke guide, while still following the rules of the 10 Drop Coli Challange!

Here's the rules I've imposed for myself:
  • Must go through each venue in order, no skipping around.
  • Must buy what battlestones I need as soon as the level of my team is high enough. (Two eliminates, six ambushes, and seven berserkers cost me a pretty penny.)
  • No duplicates for battlestones, potions, or chests count towards goal.
  • Must follow HTTYD guide to the letter.
  • If the venue isn't kicking my butt, I try to avoid any "basic" battlestones like plain might and aquity fragments, scratch and meditate, contuse, ect.
  • If venue is kicking my butt, I'll include those all I want, but the "no duplicates" rule still stands.
  • Keep track of what level my team is up to at the end of each venue!
  • Use same team until forced to change teams (Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal require specialized teams).
  • Festival chests do count, festival currency does not (keep track of festival currency, but it does not count towards goal at all).
  • Taking a break to level some fodder is fine, but I can't count any drops from those runs.
  • Additional Challenge: Try to finish before Halloween!
  • Edit: Golem Workshop is kicking my but. Might just simply cross the last two venues off of my challenge. Not counting those two, I made my additional challenge goal!

Meet my team!
46337231_350.png
Aphrodite, originally going to be leveled as a mage for Golem Workshop, before I decided that that wouldn't work for the challenge. She's one of my newest breeding pairs, and I just love her hatchlings so far! And yes, she is purposefully named after the Greek goddess Aphrodite.

49345989_350.png
Siva, my entire reason for making this challenge honestly. He's my Arcane rep (only Arcane dragon in my lair actually, which surprised me), and half of my triple cyan breeding pair. Their hatchlings are seriously amazing, triple cyan + Lightning eyes = perfection in my opinion.

50812536_350.png
Ava, who's kinda just filler for this challenge? Couldn't decide between her and an Earth dragon, but ultimately decided she's much more likely to be a permanent fixture in my lair. She's half of my triple radioactive pair and I absolutely love their color + gene combination. Been trying to get a multigaze from them, but no dice so far.

Just realized all three of my team are triple colors, lol.
Pronouns: They/Them ll FR Time +0 ll eGiN2Xv.pngllF8WMfQz.pngllthDLJf3.pngll7rbKZzZ.png
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png3JRMBgi.pngCL9m1Kr.png

[quote=TRAINING FIELDS][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 6.[/i][br][item=Forest Green Wing Wraps][item=Bumble][item=Minor Health Potion]x7[item=Leafy Pack]x3[item=Ruby Webwing][item=Anticipate][item=Ragepuff][item=Secondary Gene: Sugarplum (Banescale)][item=Natural Might Fragment][item=Sweetpuff][/quote]
TRAINING FIELDS wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 6.
Forest Green Wing Wraps Bumble Minor Health Potion x7 Leafy Pack x3 Ruby Webwing Anticipate Ragepuff Natural Might Fragment Sweetpuff
Pronouns: They/Them ll FR Time +0 ll eGiN2Xv.pngllF8WMfQz.pngllthDLJf3.pngll7rbKZzZ.png

[quote=WOODLAND PATH][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 8.[/i][br][item=Minor Health Potion]x2[item=Leafy Pack]x2[item=Coral Basilisk][item=Tropical Birdskull Armband][item=Magical Acuity Fragment][item=Leafy Moth][item=Death's-Head Stag][item=Diseased Might Fragment][item=Sakura Owl][item=Bamboo Phytocat][/quote]
WOODLAND PATH wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 8.
Minor Health Potion x2 Leafy Pack x2 Coral Basilisk Tropical Birdskull Armband Magical Acuity Fragment Leafy Moth Death's-Head Stag Diseased Might Fragment Sakura Owl Bamboo Phytocat

[quote=SCORCHED FOREST][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 11.[/i][br][item=Minor Health Potion]x3[item=Dark Bolt][item=Pretty Pink Tail Bow][item=Shock][item=Charged Acuity Fragment][item=Wintermane Spearman][item=Dark Might Fragment][item=Fiery Might Fragment][item=Magical Acuity Fragment][item=Rock Slash][/quote]
SCORCHED FOREST wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 11.
Minor Health Potion x3 Dark Bolt Pretty Pink Tail Bow Shock Charged Acuity Fragment Wintermane Spearman Dark Might Fragment Fiery Might Fragment Magical Acuity Fragment Rock Slash

[quote=SANDSWEPT DELTA][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 13.[/i][br][item=Iridescent Scaleback][item=Zephyr Acuity Fragment][item=Minor Health Potion]x10[item=Vile Bolt][item=Fishscale Basket]x2[item=Iridescent Scaleback][item=Scaleback][item=Fan Scorpion][item=Fan Scorpion][item=Envenom][/quote]
SANDSWEPT DELTA wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 13.
Iridescent Scaleback Zephyr Acuity Fragment Minor Health Potion x10 Vile Bolt Fishscale Basket x2 Iridescent Scaleback Scaleback Fan Scorpion Fan Scorpion Envenom

[quote=BLOOMING GROVE][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 14.[/i][br][item=Congeal][item=Minor Health Potion]x3[item=Treasured Planter]x3[item=Buttercup Strangler][item=Broken Flower Pot]x3[item=Primary Gene: Phantom (Gaoler)][item=Fungi Sage][item=Sear][item=Contuse][item=Haste][/quote]
BLOOMING GROVE wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 14.
Congeal Minor Health Potion x3 Treasured Planter x3 Buttercup Strangler Broken Flower Pot x3 Fungi Sage Sear Contuse Haste

[quote=FORGOTTEN CAVE][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 16.[/i][br][item=Skulking Chitin Breastplate][item=Bramble Guardian][item=Minor Health Potion]x10[item=Charged Acuity Fragment][item=Dark Bolt][item=Frozen Acuity Fragment][item=Cave Lantern][item=Scratch][item=Dark Might Fragment][item=Swiftfoot Slayer][/quote]
FORGOTTEN CAVE wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 16.
Skulking Chitin Breastplate Bramble Guardian Minor Health Potion x10 Charged Acuity Fragment Dark Bolt Frozen Acuity Fragment Cave Lantern Scratch Dark Might Fragment Swiftfoot Slayer

[quote=BAMBOO FALLS][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 17.[/i][br][item=Broken Penny Jar][item=Dreameater][item=Minor Health Potion]x3[item=Contuse][item=Diseased Acuity Fragment][item=Sap][item=Fishscale Basket]x4[item=Enfeeble][item=Red-Breasted Hainu][item=Tigerblood Foo][/quote]
BAMBOO FALLS wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 17.
Broken Penny Jar Dreameater Minor Health Potion x3 Contuse Diseased Acuity Fragment Sap Fishscale Basket x4 Enfeeble Red-Breasted Hainu Tigerblood Foo

[quote=THUNDERHEAD SAVANNA][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 18.[/i][br][item=King Quillrunner][item=Minor Health Potion]x3[item=Greattusk][item=Winterwatcher's Arctic Boots][item=Plainstrider Bard][item=Health Potion]x2[item=Pelt-Lined Crate]x3[item=Envenom][item=Flesh Forager][item=Flesh Forager][/quote]
THUNDERHEAD SAVANNA wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 18.
King Quillrunner Minor Health Potion x3 Greattusk Winterwatcher's Arctic Boots Plainstrider Bard Health Potion x2 Pelt-Lined Crate x3 Envenom Flesh Forager Flesh Forager

[quote=REDROCK COVE][i]Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 19.[/i][br][item=Wave Slash][item=Health Potion]x2[item=Guard][item=Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle]x4[item=Aquatic Acuity Fragment]x2[item=Minor Health Potion]x2[item=Frozen Acuity Fragment][item=Regeneration][item=Coast Charger][item=Coast Charger][/quote]
REDROCK COVE wrote:
Additional notes:Dragons trained to Level 19.
Wave Slash Health Potion x2 Guard Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle x4 Aquatic Acuity Fragment x2 Minor Health Potion x2 Frozen Acuity Fragment Regeneration Coast Charger Coast Charger

1 2 3