Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breeding Project: THIS ONE'S FOR ELYS
Hello all! I'm so excited to embark on my first breeding project! This is gonna be a long update, with background and everything. [b]INTRODUCTION: WHO IS ELYS? [/b] This is Elys! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1af490ef14cf3274ab7d0ad1e26b61bb/64f2f488d5e22dc9-af/s540x810/bda724ccb7bda539f2c7fd9a3cf0c57f1b238fe9.png[/img] She's an old character, from an old story. The story is abandoned, never really started. But Elys remains as one of my oldest and most favorite characters I've ever had. She lives in a world where everyone can transform into an animal. She's a wolfhound, but has taken a sacred oath never to transform. Instead, she stores her magic in that gem in her chest, to be used in battle. She's completely loyal to her kingdom; a perfect commander. But her kingdom has been overthrown. It was terribly corrupt. She is still a loyal paladin, but her charge is gone, an all she has are her last orders. Not knowing what to do, she's still carrying it out. The alternative to being a knight for the kingdom is to acknowledge something very dark in her, that she swore off long ago. Maybe if she can only finish her mission, she'll find an answer. (Spoilers: She doesn't! She makes friends instead.) So of course want to make her a dragon!!! [b]MORPHOLOGY[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=20&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=98&tertgene=21&winggene=3&wings=137&auth=fdf453fe1a4e83eb52dc254c6719d4eebd88f6bf&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The colors, genes, and breed are all important to her character: [LIST] [*]She's a paladin-type knight, so her being a Guardian is essential, as well as the armor of Wasp. [*]She is a high-ranking commander, working in the royal guard. Filigree seemed very well to represent her high class. [*]She's symbolized by the moon; her primary is Moon, and her secondary gene is Eyespots to include that round motif. [*]For tertiary, Gloom. This is fitting to represent her "dark side of the moon" - but more importantly, the filigree accent is white. It works visually, but also has some light-within-dark symbolism going on. Neat! [*]Fog secondary is...well, really it's just a fitting color, visually. Is her sense of self foggy? I mean..... I guess. I'm not gonna try. [/LIST] [b]THE PARENTS [/b] I scoured the Auction house to find her parents... and found some amazingly close matches! Meet: PERIGEE! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61744302][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/617444/61744302_350.png[/img][/url] Perigee is the period where the moon is closer to Earth... so it's fitting that he is very, very close to what I want! [LIST] [*]He's Moon primary! [*]Mist secondary (one off from Fog!) [*]Lead tertiary (one off from Gloom!!) [*]AND filigree! I'm not averse to buying genes for the right color, but it's simply awesome that this is included! [/LIST] And: APOGEE! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61726938][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/617270/61726938_350.png[/img][/url] Her colors are a little farther off, especially her tertiary, Moon. She's Apogee - the period where the moon is farther from the Earth. But i was SO EXCITED for fun stuff! [LIST] [*]Her primary is Wasp, which will be 50/50 with Perigee's Starmap. [*]And her tertiary is Stained, which will be 50/50 with what we want, Perigee's filigree! [*]Her colors, overall, are still pretty close! [/LIST] Here are the colors we are working with. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/ff535c6dad7daa923fcc2138dc8fd499/598ae30cd563a44a-8f/s540x810/0730fa2a29f7cf320ff185a3064348cdab9f810a.png[/img] Safe to say I am very excited about this. What a great first day! [b]NEXT STEPS: [/b] I'm waiting for them to be able to breed. But in the meantime... [LIST] [*]1: Nocturne is a Limited breed, so can breed once every 30 days. And Wildclaw is a Rare breed, so every 35 days. I was planning on just gening Elys into a guardian, but...I might just gene both of them, so I only have to wait 2 weeks for them to be able to breed. They're both so rare, though, that it just seems such a shame. I did buy two Guardian scrolls, just in case. [*]2: Flight. I'm Wind. But Elys' color scheme really works way better with Ice, Shadow, maybe Earth, and even Light. I've already transferred (from Light). But I do have enough saved for another move...and if I'm really serious about this, I want to consider changing flights for her eye color. [*]3: I'm excited to dress her. This is still pretty far off.... still excited. [*]4: A perfect familiar. I could really use some ideas! I have the Moonlight Fungi, which is...thematically OKAY, I guess. But she's a moon-dog-knight. I'd really like for that to be represented, either with something armored, something else Lunar, a dog-like thing, or some kind of knight lore. Is there any kind of Moonbeam Hainu of any kind?? [/LIST] Finally, I calculated it out. [LIST] [*]I have a 1/60 chance to get the colors that I want. [*]Combine that with the 1/4 chance of getting the right genes (Wasp and Filigree), that's a 1/120... [*]and the chance that she's a girl, that's 1/240. I might be okay with her being trans, but I guess I'd rather her not be. [/LIST] Great odds! :D That's it for now! I hope you enjoyed reading, and will join me in finally seeing my beloved Elys in dragon form. Until next time!
Hello all! I'm so excited to embark on my first breeding project!

This is gonna be a long update, with background and everything.

INTRODUCTION: WHO IS ELYS?

This is Elys!

bda724ccb7bda539f2c7fd9a3cf0c57f1b238fe9.png

She's an old character, from an old story. The story is abandoned, never really started. But Elys remains as one of my oldest and most favorite characters I've ever had.

She lives in a world where everyone can transform into an animal. She's a wolfhound, but has taken a sacred oath never to transform. Instead, she stores her magic in that gem in her chest, to be used in battle. She's completely loyal to her kingdom; a perfect commander.

But her kingdom has been overthrown. It was terribly corrupt. She is still a loyal paladin, but her charge is gone, an all she has are her last orders. Not knowing what to do, she's still carrying it out. The alternative to being a knight for the kingdom is to acknowledge something very dark in her, that she swore off long ago. Maybe if she can only finish her mission, she'll find an answer.

(Spoilers: She doesn't! She makes friends instead.)

So of course want to make her a dragon!!!

MORPHOLOGY

dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=20&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=98&tertgene=21&winggene=3&wings=137&auth=fdf453fe1a4e83eb52dc254c6719d4eebd88f6bf&dummyext=prev.png

The colors, genes, and breed are all important to her character:
  • She's a paladin-type knight, so her being a Guardian is essential, as well as the armor of Wasp.
  • She is a high-ranking commander, working in the royal guard. Filigree seemed very well to represent her high class.
  • She's symbolized by the moon; her primary is Moon, and her secondary gene is Eyespots to include that round motif.
  • For tertiary, Gloom. This is fitting to represent her "dark side of the moon" - but more importantly, the filigree accent is white. It works visually, but also has some light-within-dark symbolism going on. Neat!
  • Fog secondary is...well, really it's just a fitting color, visually. Is her sense of self foggy? I mean..... I guess. I'm not gonna try.

THE PARENTS

I scoured the Auction house to find her parents... and found some amazingly close matches!

Meet: PERIGEE!

61744302_350.png

Perigee is the period where the moon is closer to Earth... so it's fitting that he is very, very close to what I want!
  • He's Moon primary!
  • Mist secondary (one off from Fog!)
  • Lead tertiary (one off from Gloom!!)
  • AND filigree! I'm not averse to buying genes for the right color, but it's simply awesome that this is included!

And: APOGEE!

61726938_350.png

Her colors are a little farther off, especially her tertiary, Moon. She's Apogee - the period where the moon is farther from the Earth. But i was SO EXCITED for fun stuff!
  • Her primary is Wasp, which will be 50/50 with Perigee's Starmap.
  • And her tertiary is Stained, which will be 50/50 with what we want, Perigee's filigree!
  • Her colors, overall, are still pretty close!

Here are the colors we are working with.

0730fa2a29f7cf320ff185a3064348cdab9f810a.png

Safe to say I am very excited about this. What a great first day!

NEXT STEPS:

I'm waiting for them to be able to breed. But in the meantime...
  • 1: Nocturne is a Limited breed, so can breed once every 30 days. And Wildclaw is a Rare breed, so every 35 days. I was planning on just gening Elys into a guardian, but...I might just gene both of them, so I only have to wait 2 weeks for them to be able to breed. They're both so rare, though, that it just seems such a shame. I did buy two Guardian scrolls, just in case.
  • 2: Flight. I'm Wind. But Elys' color scheme really works way better with Ice, Shadow, maybe Earth, and even Light. I've already transferred (from Light). But I do have enough saved for another move...and if I'm really serious about this, I want to consider changing flights for her eye color.
  • 3: I'm excited to dress her. This is still pretty far off.... still excited.
  • 4: A perfect familiar. I could really use some ideas! I have the Moonlight Fungi, which is...thematically OKAY, I guess. But she's a moon-dog-knight. I'd really like for that to be represented, either with something armored, something else Lunar, a dog-like thing, or some kind of knight lore. Is there any kind of Moonbeam Hainu of any kind??

Finally, I calculated it out.
  • I have a 1/60 chance to get the colors that I want.
  • Combine that with the 1/4 chance of getting the right genes (Wasp and Filigree), that's a 1/120...
  • and the chance that she's a girl, that's 1/240. I might be okay with her being trans, but I guess I'd rather her not be.

Great odds! :D

That's it for now! I hope you enjoyed reading, and will join me in finally seeing my beloved Elys in dragon form.

Until next time!

The name's Isaac, very nice to meet you!