Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | VoP Challenge
[center][font=Candara][size=6]Vow of Poverty Challenge[/size][/font] Inspired by Lunartwist's challenge [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823806] (go click on the original thread here since Trev posts there a lot)[/url], this is a challenge to achieve a fully complete dragon (more or less) without spending a single gem or piece of gold. This thread is essentially a tracking thread, so I don't clog up Lunartwist's thread with a bunch of updates. [quote name=Lunartwist's Rules] My question was: "Can I finish a dragon project without spending a single coin?" I wanted to try it out and see! What do you mean by "finish"? Well the goal is to get a dragon that is/has: -Fully gened -Level 25 -Fully dressed -A matching accent -A bio -A Familiar -Fully stoned WITHOUT paying a single treasure for any of it. Meaning I would be solely reliant on the coliseum, free raffles/giveaways, familiar boons, etc. BUT I wanted to make it even MORE challenging than just that! The Rules: 1. All items must be gained completely by free means. Meaning I can only gain usable items from the following places: -Free Raffles -Giveaways -The Coliseum -Pinkerton -Familiar Boons -Gathering 2. You can only gain items from your own familiar (no using Fiona to farm stuff) 3. You can not use any excess items gained to sell for treasure or trade for new items for the specific dragon 4: You cannot accept donations from other people (with the exception of art). [/quote] This means whatever is gained in the Coli can only be used if it is immediately useful to fulfill one of these criteria. Anything extra that is found, any money, any goods, cannot be used by the dragon in question. The only items that can be used are the ones given by the familiar in chests, items found in Coli, or given away on freebie threads. No donations.
Vow of Poverty Challenge

Inspired by Lunartwist's challenge (go click on the original thread here since Trev posts there a lot), this is a challenge to achieve a fully complete dragon (more or less) without spending a single gem or piece of gold.

This thread is essentially a tracking thread, so I don't clog up Lunartwist's thread with a bunch of updates.
Lunartwist's wrote:

My question was: "Can I finish a dragon project without spending a single coin?" I wanted to try it out and see!

What do you mean by "finish"? Well the goal is to get a dragon that is/has:
-Fully gened
-Level 25
-Fully dressed
-A matching accent
-A bio
-A Familiar
-Fully stoned

WITHOUT paying a single treasure for any of it. Meaning I would be solely reliant on the coliseum, free raffles/giveaways, familiar boons, etc. BUT I wanted to make it even MORE challenging than just that!

The Rules:

1. All items must be gained completely by free means. Meaning I can only gain usable items from the following places:
-Free Raffles
-Giveaways
-The Coliseum
-Pinkerton
-Familiar Boons
-Gathering

2. You can only gain items from your own familiar (no using Fiona to farm stuff)

3. You can not use any excess items gained to sell for treasure or trade for new items for the specific dragon

4: You cannot accept donations from other people (with the exception of art).

This means whatever is gained in the Coli can only be used if it is immediately useful to fulfill one of these criteria. Anything extra that is found, any money, any goods, cannot be used by the dragon in question.

The only items that can be used are the ones given by the familiar in chests, items found in Coli, or given away on freebie threads. No donations.
[center][font=Candara][size=6]Achieved So Far[/size][/font] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59099454] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/590995/59099454_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Trevelyan, Trev for short. Trev has decided to join in and take a vow of poverty, and see how far he gets in his endeavors. Achievements completed will be crossed out. [size=6][b]Goals Achieved:[/b][/size] [list] [*] [s]Primary Gene[/s] [*] [s]Secondary Gene[/s] [*] [s]Tertiary Gene[/s] [*] [s]Level 25[/s] [*] [s]Fully Dressed[/s] [*] [s]A Bio[/s] [*] [s]A Familiar[/s] [*] [s]Fully Stoned (standard Culex farming build)[/s] [*] A matching accent (I'm considering this optional unless festival accents count)
Achieved So Far

59099454_350.png

This is Trevelyan, Trev for short. Trev has decided to join in and take a vow of poverty, and see how far he gets in his endeavors. Achievements completed will be crossed out.

Goals Achieved:

• Primary Gene
  • Secondary Gene
  • Tertiary Gene
  • Level 25
  • Fully Dressed
  • A Bio
  • A Familiar
  • Fully Stoned (standard Culex farming build)
  • A matching accent (I'm considering this optional unless festival accents count)
[center][font=Candara][size=6]Daily Update[/size][/font] Obtained from giveaway threads: [item=Sap] [item=Dark Might fragment] Found in Coli: [item=green-edged claw] [item=Chipskink]
Daily Update

Obtained from giveaway threads:
Sap Dark Might Fragment

Found in Coli:
Green-Edged Claw Chipskink
[center][font=Candara][size=6]Daily Update[/size][/font] Found in Coli: [item=brown birdskull headdress] [item=Nebula Starsilk Wingdrapes] Found while scavenging: [item=Wasteland Collector] Things found that he doesn't need and can't use: [item=Sap] [item=Scratch] [item=Leafy Pack] x4 [item=Natural Might Fragment] [item=Acuity fragment] [item=Anticipate]
Daily Update

Found in Coli:
Brown Birdskull Headdress Nebula Starsilk Wingdrapes

Found while scavenging:
Wasteland Collector

Things found that he doesn't need and can't use:
Sap Scratch Leafy Pack x4 Natural Might Fragment Acuity Fragment Anticipate
Hoard of Stuff He Can't Use:
This may be included in a giveaway thread at some point, but right now, this is just for recordkeeping:

Sap
Scratch
Fossilize
Contuse
Anticipate
Aid
Frigid Bolt
Natural Might Fragment
Zephyr Might Fragment
Aquatic Might Fragment
Zephyr Acuity Fragment
Natural Acuity Fragment x2
Frozen Acuity Fragment
Acuity Fragment

Sunbeam Dryad
Zeeba
Parasitic Fungus
Cursed Bat

Brown Birdskull Headdress
Hoard of Stuff He Can't Use:
This may be included in a giveaway thread at some point, but right now, this is just for recordkeeping:

Sap
Scratch
Fossilize
Contuse
Anticipate
Aid
Frigid Bolt
Natural Might Fragment
Zephyr Might Fragment
Aquatic Might Fragment
Zephyr Acuity Fragment
Natural Acuity Fragment x2
Frozen Acuity Fragment
Acuity Fragment

Sunbeam Dryad
Zeeba
Parasitic Fungus
Cursed Bat

Brown Birdskull Headdress
[center][font=Candara][size=6]Daily Update[/size][/font] Leveled up to 17 in Coli Found in Coli: [item=Nebula Starsilk Cloak] [item=Haste] [item=Twilight Rose Thorn Arm Tangle] [item=Tropical Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Unhatched Earth Egg] Obtained from giveaway threads: [item=dark might fragment]
Daily Update

Leveled up to 17 in Coli

Found in Coli:
Nebula Starsilk Cloak Haste Twilight Rose Thorn Arm Tangle Tropical Birdskull Wingpiece Unhatched Earth Egg

Obtained from giveaway threads:
Dark Might Fragment
[center][font=Candara][size=6]Daily Update[/size][/font] Leveled up to 25 in Coli Found in Coli that he will definitely use: [item=dark might fragment] x2 [item=secondary gene: morph] Apparel found in Coli: [item=White Wooly tail] [item=midnight cape] [item=pretty green wing bow] [item=cleaver] [item=vial of hypnotic sight] [item=toxophilite's leggings] [item=emerald aviator helmet] [item=teardrop chroma necklace] [item=dented iron gorget] [item=brown birdskull wingpiece] [item=crimson rogue tail binding] [item=soft pink silk veil] [item=soft pink leg silks] Found while Digging: [item=Charoite Burrower] [item=rusted treasure chest]
Daily Update

Leveled up to 25 in Coli

Found in Coli that he will definitely use:
Dark Might Fragment x2 Secondary Gene: Morph

Apparel found in Coli:
White Wooly Tail Midnight Cape Pretty Green Wing Bow Cleaver Vial of Hypnotic Sight Toxophilite's Leggings Emerald Aviator Helmet Teardrop Chroma Necklace Dented Iron Gorget Brown Birdskull Wingpiece Crimson Rogue Tail Binding Soft Pink Silk Veil Soft Pink Leg Silks

Found while Digging:
Charoite Burrower Rusted Treasure Chest
Daily Update (in progress): [item=baku] [item=diseased might fragment] [item=pale greattusk] [item=wintermane minstrel] [item=nebula starsilk circlet] [item=teardrop citrine earrings] [item=wintermane spearman] [item=sparkling emerald arm bow] [item=sparkling emerald tail bow] [item=guard] [item=Noxious Coralclimber] [item=leopard coralclimber] [item=sandshore snipper]
Daily Update (in progress):

Baku Diseased Might Fragment Pale Greattusk Wintermane Minstrel Nebula Starsilk Circlet Teardrop Citrine Earrings Wintermane Spearman Sparkling Emerald Arm Bow Sparkling Emerald Tail Bow Guard Noxious Coralclimber Leopard Coralclimber Sandshore Snipper
Daily Update: Gained from giveaway threads: [item=tertiary gene: smirch] [item=Ambush] x2 Found in Coli: [item=Eliminate] Found a TON of apparel, minor battle stuff, familiars in Coli Update from 3/1/2020: I've kind of stopped updating daily events, but then, Trev's basically done. Scylla is joining the challenge, but I've decided it's fine to use the original challenge thread and her profile to track that.
Daily Update:

Gained from giveaway threads:
Tertiary Gene: Smirch Ambush x2

Found in Coli:
Eliminate

Found a TON of apparel, minor battle stuff, familiars in Coli

Update from 3/1/2020:
I've kind of stopped updating daily events, but then, Trev's basically done. Scylla is joining the challenge, but I've decided it's fine to use the original challenge thread and her profile to track that.