Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Operation: Banescale Rainbow of Doom
1 2 3 4
[b][/b][center][size=5][u]:: Welcome and the Prologue ::[/u][/size] [i]:: Meet the Dad ::[/i] Hello! Just call me Werewolf or Dad! My nice friend told me about Flight Rising, and I’ve been tempted to join it until I heard about Banescales. They are just so awesome and they really inspired me to join the fun! I like video games and art, and all that jazz. Not too much else to talk about. [i]:: Meet the Progens ::[/i] [b]Banefather[/b] & [b]Blightmother[/b] [emoji=banescale love size=1][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/581742/58174198.png[/img][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/581742/58174199.png[/img][emoji=banescale star size=1] And their polyamorous loveboat, Broodslayer! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/573745/57374460.png[/img] [i]:: The Challenge ::[/i] So I’ve heard about several different challenges that other users tend to do, and being an avid gamer who really likes to play things on hard mode and just suffer as much as possible, I figured, why not Nuzlocke myself and make Flight Rising as tricky as possible! [i]:: The Rainbow Challenge 3.0 The Sequel The Remix ::[/i] I want to only breed Banescales, and by doing so, fill my lair up with only family of my progenitor dragons. Banefather and Blightmother will be my lovely progens for this excursion! [i]:: The Win Condition ::[/i] All Banescales. One instance of any color. No duplicate colors on any children. No common or uncommon eyes. Out of 177 possibly colors, that leaves me needing 59 total dragons to make the rainbow happen. I have...a lot of work ahead of me...
:: Welcome and the Prologue ::

:: Meet the Dad ::
Hello! Just call me Werewolf or Dad! My nice friend told me about Flight Rising, and I’ve been tempted to join it until I heard about Banescales. They are just so awesome and they really inspired me to join the fun! I like video games and art, and all that jazz. Not too much else to talk about.

:: Meet the Progens ::
Banefather & Blightmother
58174198.png58174199.png

And their polyamorous loveboat, Broodslayer!
57374460.png

:: The Challenge ::
So I’ve heard about several different challenges that other users tend to do, and being an avid gamer who really likes to play things on hard mode and just suffer as much as possible, I figured, why not Nuzlocke myself and make Flight Rising as tricky as possible!

:: The Rainbow Challenge 3.0 The Sequel The Remix ::
I want to only breed Banescales, and by doing so, fill my lair up with only family of my progenitor dragons. Banefather and Blightmother will be my lovely progens for this excursion!

:: The Win Condition ::
All Banescales.
One instance of any color.
No duplicate colors on any children.
No common or uncommon eyes.

Out of 177 possibly colors, that leaves me needing 59 total dragons to make the rainbow happen. I have...a lot of work ahead of me...
:: THE DICTIONARY AND STANDARDS ::

:: Terminology ::
  • Progenitor / Progen: The first two dragons given to the account created by the account holder. In this case, Banefather and Blightmother.
  • Suitor: A Non-Progen, Generation 1, Breed Matching Dragon purchased with intent to breed for Successors.
  • Successor: A Generation 2 dragon descendant of Banefather or Blightmother that meets breed standards.
  • Ichorborn: A Generation 2 dragon descendant of Banefather or Blightmother that does not meet breed standards.

:: Progen Breed Standards ::
  • Basic Traits
  • Generation 1
  • My Own Progenitors
  • Earth Flight

:: Suitor Breed Standards ::
  • Basic Traits
  • Generation 1
  • Non-Progen
  • Any Flight
  • 3 Letter Name

:: Successor Breed Standards ::
  • No duplicate colors in Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary traits across all Successors. One instance per any color only.
  • No Common or Uncommon Eye Types. Only Unusual and higher rarity allowed.
  • No Alternate Breeds other than Banescale. Progens will be Breed Changed to Banescale before Challenge begins.
  • No Successors unrelated to both Progens. All successors must be related to at least 1 Progen. Either Banefather or Blightmother relation is acceptable.
  • No Traited Progens, Suitors, or Successors. All dragons involved must be Basic in all three traits.
  • No Skins, Apparel, or Accents. The original base colors of all dragons must be visible at all times.
  • Spooky Themed Names for Successors!
  • Ichorborn(Roman Numeral) Names for Ichorborn!
:: THE DICTIONARY AND STANDARDS ::

:: Terminology ::
  • Progenitor / Progen: The first two dragons given to the account created by the account holder. In this case, Banefather and Blightmother.
  • Suitor: A Non-Progen, Generation 1, Breed Matching Dragon purchased with intent to breed for Successors.
  • Successor: A Generation 2 dragon descendant of Banefather or Blightmother that meets breed standards.
  • Ichorborn: A Generation 2 dragon descendant of Banefather or Blightmother that does not meet breed standards.

:: Progen Breed Standards ::
  • Basic Traits
  • Generation 1
  • My Own Progenitors
  • Earth Flight

:: Suitor Breed Standards ::
  • Basic Traits
  • Generation 1
  • Non-Progen
  • Any Flight
  • 3 Letter Name

:: Successor Breed Standards ::
  • No duplicate colors in Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary traits across all Successors. One instance per any color only.
  • No Common or Uncommon Eye Types. Only Unusual and higher rarity allowed.
  • No Alternate Breeds other than Banescale. Progens will be Breed Changed to Banescale before Challenge begins.
  • No Successors unrelated to both Progens. All successors must be related to at least 1 Progen. Either Banefather or Blightmother relation is acceptable.
  • No Traited Progens, Suitors, or Successors. All dragons involved must be Basic in all three traits.
  • No Skins, Apparel, or Accents. The original base colors of all dragons must be visible at all times.
  • Spooky Themed Names for Successors!
  • Ichorborn(Roman Numeral) Names for Ichorborn!
:: THE CHALLENGE RULES ::

:: Banned Behaviors ::
  • No Swiftbrood Boons, Boons of Fertility, Color Scatter Scroll, Scattersight Vials, or Breed Changing.
  • No Breeding of Dragons Purchased as Suitors to a Progen. Only Breeding of Progens with Progens, or Progens with Suitors Allowed.
  • No Keeping of Dragons out of Successor or Suitor Breed Standard. Dragons out of Breed Standard must be Permanently Hibdenned.
  • No Choosing between Multiple Successor Options that share a color in one Hatching. If more than one result shares a color, the higher up on the list is the Successor.
  • No swapping out between previous Successors. A Successor is a Successor, and is locked in upon Hatching. First come, first dergged.
  • No Exalting unless Lair Space becomes scarce. Un-Exalting is not allowed. See Hibernal Den Clause.
  • No selling of any Successors or Ichorborn. All results must remain on the account Lair, Perma Hibdenned, or Exalted. The Naming Scheme is mandatory and must not be tainted.

:: Acceptable Actions ::
  • It is acceptable to Purchase Optional Suitors from Auction House.
  • It is acceptable Familiar Match so long as the Familiar and Successor share a color.
  • It is acceptable to have Multiple Result Successors from a single Hatching.
  • It is acceptable to Repeatedly Breed a Suitor with a Progen until all Possible Color Results are achieved. If so, the said Suitor may Retire to Perma Hibden for their Service.
  • It is acceptable to use Coliseum Levelling of Ichorborn for exalting and Treasure Income.
  • It is acceptable to play Fairground Games for Treasure Income.

:: Additional Rules ::
  • I must submit Regular Log Entries. Log Entries will be made for Nesting, Hatching, and Successes. A ping list will be available for all three, which will include Lucky Scry Predictions! Feel free to share your personal Scry's, Predictions, and Familiar Matches!
  • I must create Basic Lore, a Spooky Name, and Familiar Match all Successors! There is no time limit, but this is not optional!

:: Completetion Extended Adventure ::
  • In the event that I am actually able to finish this venture, strike any previous rules and allow for the following:
  • Trait and Gene all Successors Only! Progens and Eye Changed are still banned.
  • Give Dad a hug because I will cry from excitement.

:: THE CLAUSE TOMBSTONE ::

• The Banishment Clause: If another member of FR, for any reason, regularly spams the forum, griefs my account, harasses me or a donor, or attempts to cause me any issues, you will be blocked and banned from any forum ventures and participation.
  • The Hibernal Den Clause: Due to a low volume of Hibden Spaces, exalting requirements are currently not enforced until ample Hibden Space is acquired.
  • The Imperial Clause: If for any reason, during my project, Untraited, Generation 1 Banescales in AH become astronomically out of reasonable Price Range, Suitor Breed Standards will be changed to a later determined Standard that is reasonable and achievable.
  • The Broodslayer Clause: Introduced to the team is a singular Level 25 Dragon. This dragon is Broodslayer, and will be exclusively used in the Coliseum in order to gain treasure and items for the cause. Broodslayer has been donated by none other than the lovely @midnightmonarch ! Broodslayer will do no breeding, holds no standing in the challenge, and is simply used in coli endeavors, period, end of story!
:: THE CHALLENGE RULES ::

:: Banned Behaviors ::
  • No Swiftbrood Boons, Boons of Fertility, Color Scatter Scroll, Scattersight Vials, or Breed Changing.
  • No Breeding of Dragons Purchased as Suitors to a Progen. Only Breeding of Progens with Progens, or Progens with Suitors Allowed.
  • No Keeping of Dragons out of Successor or Suitor Breed Standard. Dragons out of Breed Standard must be Permanently Hibdenned.
  • No Choosing between Multiple Successor Options that share a color in one Hatching. If more than one result shares a color, the higher up on the list is the Successor.
  • No swapping out between previous Successors. A Successor is a Successor, and is locked in upon Hatching. First come, first dergged.
  • No Exalting unless Lair Space becomes scarce. Un-Exalting is not allowed. See Hibernal Den Clause.
  • No selling of any Successors or Ichorborn. All results must remain on the account Lair, Perma Hibdenned, or Exalted. The Naming Scheme is mandatory and must not be tainted.

:: Acceptable Actions ::
  • It is acceptable to Purchase Optional Suitors from Auction House.
  • It is acceptable Familiar Match so long as the Familiar and Successor share a color.
  • It is acceptable to have Multiple Result Successors from a single Hatching.
  • It is acceptable to Repeatedly Breed a Suitor with a Progen until all Possible Color Results are achieved. If so, the said Suitor may Retire to Perma Hibden for their Service.
  • It is acceptable to use Coliseum Levelling of Ichorborn for exalting and Treasure Income.
  • It is acceptable to play Fairground Games for Treasure Income.

:: Additional Rules ::
  • I must submit Regular Log Entries. Log Entries will be made for Nesting, Hatching, and Successes. A ping list will be available for all three, which will include Lucky Scry Predictions! Feel free to share your personal Scry's, Predictions, and Familiar Matches!
  • I must create Basic Lore, a Spooky Name, and Familiar Match all Successors! There is no time limit, but this is not optional!

:: Completetion Extended Adventure ::
  • In the event that I am actually able to finish this venture, strike any previous rules and allow for the following:
  • Trait and Gene all Successors Only! Progens and Eye Changed are still banned.
  • Give Dad a hug because I will cry from excitement.

:: THE CLAUSE TOMBSTONE ::

• The Banishment Clause: If another member of FR, for any reason, regularly spams the forum, griefs my account, harasses me or a donor, or attempts to cause me any issues, you will be blocked and banned from any forum ventures and participation.
  • The Hibernal Den Clause: Due to a low volume of Hibden Spaces, exalting requirements are currently not enforced until ample Hibden Space is acquired.
  • The Imperial Clause: If for any reason, during my project, Untraited, Generation 1 Banescales in AH become astronomically out of reasonable Price Range, Suitor Breed Standards will be changed to a later determined Standard that is reasonable and achievable.
  • The Broodslayer Clause: Introduced to the team is a singular Level 25 Dragon. This dragon is Broodslayer, and will be exclusively used in the Coliseum in order to gain treasure and items for the cause. Broodslayer has been donated by none other than the lovely @midnightmonarch ! Broodslayer will do no breeding, holds no standing in the challenge, and is simply used in coli endeavors, period, end of story!
[center][size=5][u]:: Donations and Perks ::[/u][/size][/center] [list][*]I have officially decided on not selling any dragons from the project for now. Not changing hatchling names is absolutely crucial in order to keep progress organized, and to risk that possibility would be something I'm not comfortable with. This may be something I choose to change in the future, but for now, it will remain this way indefinitely. [*]Donations of Untraited G1 Banescales, Treasure, and Gems are all accepted, if you should feel so inclined! (Donation Minimums Accepted: 10kT / 10 G) Not being picky, just only accepting things that are impactful to the project! [*]Donators will be listed below in the donations tab! Your efforts to make the dream work are always acknowledged! Visit their lairs and give them a high five for being awesome![/list] [center][size=4][u]:: Donations Bar ::[/u][/size][/center] [i]:: Dragons Donated ::[/i] @/MidnightMonarch - Donated Scrolls for Original Progens [i]:: Treasure Donated ::[/i] -- [i]:: Gems Donated ::[/i] -- [i]:: Limited Donated ::[/i] --
:: Donations and Perks ::
  • I have officially decided on not selling any dragons from the project for now. Not changing hatchling names is absolutely crucial in order to keep progress organized, and to risk that possibility would be something I'm not comfortable with. This may be something I choose to change in the future, but for now, it will remain this way indefinitely.
  • Donations of Untraited G1 Banescales, Treasure, and Gems are all accepted, if you should feel so inclined! (Donation Minimums Accepted: 10kT / 10 G) Not being picky, just only accepting things that are impactful to the project!
  • Donators will be listed below in the donations tab! Your efforts to make the dream work are always acknowledged! Visit their lairs and give them a high five for being awesome!

:: Donations Bar ::
:: Dragons Donated ::
@/MidnightMonarch - Donated Scrolls for Original Progens
:: Treasure Donated ::
--
:: Gems Donated ::
--
:: Limited Donated ::
--
:: Rainbow Progress ::

:: Unobtained ::
Maize, Cream, Antique, White, Moon, Ice, Silver, Dust, Grey, Smoke, Gloom, Lead, Shale, Flint, Charcoal, Coal, Oilslick, Black, Obsidian, Eldritch, Blackberry, Mulberry, Plum, Wisteria, Thistle, Fog, Mist, Lavender, Heather, Purple, Orchid, Amethyst, Nightshade, Violet, Grape, Royal, Eggplant, Iris, Storm, Twilight, Indigo, Sapphire, Navy, Cobalt, Ultramarine, Blue, Periwinkle, Lapis, Splash, Cornflower, Sky, Stonewash, Overcast, Steel, Denim, Abyss, Phthalo, Azure, Caribbean, Cerulean, Cyan, Robin, Aqua, Turquoise, Spruce, Pistachio, Seafoam, Mint, Jade, Thicket, Peacock, Emerald, Shamrock, Jungle, Hunter, Forest, Camo, Algae, Swamp, Avocado, Green, Fern, Mantis, Pear, Leaf, Radioactive, Honeydew, Peridot, Chartreuse, Crocodile, Olive, Murk, Moss, Goldenrod, Amber, Honey, Lemon, Yellow, Grapefruit, Banana, Sanddollar, Flaxen, Ivory, Buttercup, Gold, Marigold, Sunshine, Saffron, Sunset, Peach, Cantaloupe, Orange, Bronze, Terracotta, Carrot, Fire, Pumpkin, Tangerine, Cinnamon, Caramel, Sand, Beige, Taupe, Slate, Driftwood, Dirt, Clay, Sable, Umber, Soil, Hickory, Tarnish, Ginger, Brown, Chocolate, Auburn, Rust, Tomato, Vermillion, Ruby, Crimson, Garnet, Blood, Maroon, Berry, Red, Strawberry, Cerise, Carmine, Brick, Coral, Blush, Cottoncandy, Watermelon, Magenta, Fuchsia, Raspberry, Wine, Mauve, Pink, Bubblegum, Pearl

:: Obtained ::
Shadow, Rose, Teal, Spring, Platinum, Stone, Orca, Copper, Metals, Midnight, Sanguine, Spearmint, Cherry, Latte, Tan

:: Rainbow Progress ::

:: Unobtained ::
Maize, Cream, Antique, White, Moon, Ice, Silver, Dust, Grey, Smoke, Gloom, Lead, Shale, Flint, Charcoal, Coal, Oilslick, Black, Obsidian, Eldritch, Blackberry, Mulberry, Plum, Wisteria, Thistle, Fog, Mist, Lavender, Heather, Purple, Orchid, Amethyst, Nightshade, Violet, Grape, Royal, Eggplant, Iris, Storm, Twilight, Indigo, Sapphire, Navy, Cobalt, Ultramarine, Blue, Periwinkle, Lapis, Splash, Cornflower, Sky, Stonewash, Overcast, Steel, Denim, Abyss, Phthalo, Azure, Caribbean, Cerulean, Cyan, Robin, Aqua, Turquoise, Spruce, Pistachio, Seafoam, Mint, Jade, Thicket, Peacock, Emerald, Shamrock, Jungle, Hunter, Forest, Camo, Algae, Swamp, Avocado, Green, Fern, Mantis, Pear, Leaf, Radioactive, Honeydew, Peridot, Chartreuse, Crocodile, Olive, Murk, Moss, Goldenrod, Amber, Honey, Lemon, Yellow, Grapefruit, Banana, Sanddollar, Flaxen, Ivory, Buttercup, Gold, Marigold, Sunshine, Saffron, Sunset, Peach, Cantaloupe, Orange, Bronze, Terracotta, Carrot, Fire, Pumpkin, Tangerine, Cinnamon, Caramel, Sand, Beige, Taupe, Slate, Driftwood, Dirt, Clay, Sable, Umber, Soil, Hickory, Tarnish, Ginger, Brown, Chocolate, Auburn, Rust, Tomato, Vermillion, Ruby, Crimson, Garnet, Blood, Maroon, Berry, Red, Strawberry, Cerise, Carmine, Brick, Coral, Blush, Cottoncandy, Watermelon, Magenta, Fuchsia, Raspberry, Wine, Mauve, Pink, Bubblegum, Pearl

:: Obtained ::
Shadow, Rose, Teal, Spring, Platinum, Stone, Orca, Copper, Metals, Midnight, Sanguine, Spearmint, Cherry, Latte, Tan

:: Ping Lists & Donors ::

:: General ::
@/Xayxayx @/CrosstheVoid
:: Donors ::
@/midnightmonarch
:: Nesting Alert ::
:: Hatching Alert ::
:: Success Alert ::
:: Ping Lists & Donors ::

:: General ::
@/Xayxayx @/CrosstheVoid
:: Donors ::
@/midnightmonarch
:: Nesting Alert ::
:: Hatching Alert ::
:: Success Alert ::
:: The FAQ ::
This section is just for me to leave possible questions I may anticipate people will ask, or be for me to answer questions that might come up along the road, just in case others need it for reference.

:: Pre-Answered Questions ::
Q: Did you pick Banefather's first two colors/gender for any particular reason?
A: No. The initial colors I chose in the end placed no bearing on the final goal other than I just liked them. The only deciding factor was to pick two colors that were NOT similar, and hope that Blightmother was the same. And Gender simply did not matter regardless.

Q: Did you pick Banescales for any particular reason?
A: Nope. I picked them only because they look really cool!

Q: Do you have any strategy for trying to get specific combinations?
A: Not necessarily. I know of strategies that I could use, but for now, the early game is simply to knock out very, very broad combinations to see if I can narrow down my necessities, so that later, I can fill in gaps with more specific breed pairs.

Q: Do you plan on selling any of the dragons?
A: Not right now. Perhaps later, when the lair begins to fill to the brim, to a point that exalting or selling are the only options left, but beyond that, I will try to keep as many of successes and failures as possible. It's purely a name bloodline thing. I don't want to risk it.

Q: But I want one!!!!
A: No.

Q: Why this? How? Do you hate yourself?
A: Because. Though willpower and lack of life. Immensely.
:: The FAQ ::
This section is just for me to leave possible questions I may anticipate people will ask, or be for me to answer questions that might come up along the road, just in case others need it for reference.

:: Pre-Answered Questions ::
Q: Did you pick Banefather's first two colors/gender for any particular reason?
A: No. The initial colors I chose in the end placed no bearing on the final goal other than I just liked them. The only deciding factor was to pick two colors that were NOT similar, and hope that Blightmother was the same. And Gender simply did not matter regardless.

Q: Did you pick Banescales for any particular reason?
A: Nope. I picked them only because they look really cool!

Q: Do you have any strategy for trying to get specific combinations?
A: Not necessarily. I know of strategies that I could use, but for now, the early game is simply to knock out very, very broad combinations to see if I can narrow down my necessities, so that later, I can fill in gaps with more specific breed pairs.

Q: Do you plan on selling any of the dragons?
A: Not right now. Perhaps later, when the lair begins to fill to the brim, to a point that exalting or selling are the only options left, but beyond that, I will try to keep as many of successes and failures as possible. It's purely a name bloodline thing. I don't want to risk it.

Q: But I want one!!!!
A: No.

Q: Why this? How? Do you hate yourself?
A: Because. Though willpower and lack of life. Immensely.
Reserved
Reserved
[center][size=5][u]Log I :: Wegged[/u][/size] A very slow start to what is bound to be an even slower challenge. Wegged. [i]Wegged.[/i] [b][i]Wegged.[/i][/b] Our first attempt is none other than the lovely Banefather and Blightmother! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/581742/58174198.png[/img][emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/581742/58174199.png[/img] All I can really say at this point is, I not only expect, but demand this challenge gets harder as we go along. A wegg isn't exactly a good omen. :^) Anticipating that as I go along, getting what I am looking for will get both easier and harder all at the same time. Planning breedings around colors shouldn't be the hardest part. Waiting for the right eyes, however? Yikes. Here is hoping this isn't the beginning of a wegg chain. Many thanks to my friend MidnightMonarch for helping set everything up with me and walking me through it all. And curse you even more for encouraging me. Reee! And another thank you to Purrilicious for her upcoming donation! √-1 [emoji=familiar heart size=1] !!Lucky Number Scry!! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=134&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=1&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=47&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=552cad61de2215bc39e26e6edd1862cec7090f29&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Log I :: Wegged

A very slow start to what is bound to be an even slower challenge. Wegged. Wegged. Wegged.
Our first attempt is none other than the lovely Banefather and Blightmother!

58174198.png58174199.png

All I can really say at this point is, I not only expect, but demand this challenge gets harder as we go along. A wegg isn't exactly a good omen. :^)

Anticipating that as I go along, getting what I am looking for will get both easier and harder all at the same time. Planning breedings around colors shouldn't be the hardest part. Waiting for the right eyes, however? Yikes. Here is hoping this isn't the beginning of a wegg chain. Many thanks to my friend MidnightMonarch for helping set everything up with me and walking me through it all. And curse you even more for encouraging me. Reee!

And another thank you to Purrilicious for her upcoming donation! √-1

!!Lucky Number Scry!!
dragon?age=0&body=134&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=1&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=47&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=552cad61de2215bc39e26e6edd1862cec7090f29&dummyext=prev.png
1 2 3 4