Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [100 Hatchlings] Khaluesh's Search
1 2 3 4 5
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56108161] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/561082/56108161_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][color=ee0852][i]An orphaned egg. A fiery, willful child. A search for who she is, and who she was meant to be.[/i][/color][/center] [center] Far from the Flamecaller's Forge, Khaluesh's egg was found. Her adoptive clan was kind, and Narkul, the clan's matriarch, was a Guardian she could look up to, but something was always missing. Maybe it was not knowing her blood kin, or maybe it was the desire for blood kin, but now that she was reaching her maturity, Khaluesh knew what she wanted, what she need to do.[/center] [center]She would make herself a family. Not a mate... She didn't think she could handle a mate, didn't know how to handle one. Children? Hadn't she made the nesting den her home? Hadn't she been the one caring for the young there, while Narkul and the other adults sought the food and other supplies they needed to survive?[/center] [center]Yes, she would make herself a family, bigger than anything else she could have come from.[/center] [rule] [center][size=7][color=05b575]Greetings All![/color][/size][/center] [center]So, I decided to give the 100 hatchling challenge a try. I'll be documenting eyes, genes, colors, and breeds, with the overall goal of getting as many different combinations as possible. So without further ado, here are my guidelines:[/center] [LIST] [*]All males will be bought from the auction house, mated, and exalted once the eggs hatch. [*]All Males must have at least one gene different from Khaluesh. [*]All hatchlings will stay unnamed until they reach juvenile state. [*]Hatchlings can be claimed (first come, first serve) during this period for a small sum of 3kt. (This price is non-negotiable, and will be updated below AH floor every Saturday) [*]Hatchlings not claimed before aulthood will then either be exalted, given away, or sold on the AH. This will be determined by a random number generator. [/LIST]
An orphaned egg. A fiery, willful child. A search for who she is, and who she was meant to be.
Far from the Flamecaller's Forge, Khaluesh's egg was found. Her adoptive clan was kind, and Narkul, the clan's matriarch, was a Guardian she could look up to, but something was always missing. Maybe it was not knowing her blood kin, or maybe it was the desire for blood kin, but now that she was reaching her maturity, Khaluesh knew what she wanted, what she need to do.
She would make herself a family. Not a mate... She didn't think she could handle a mate, didn't know how to handle one. Children? Hadn't she made the nesting den her home? Hadn't she been the one caring for the young there, while Narkul and the other adults sought the food and other supplies they needed to survive?
Yes, she would make herself a family, bigger than anything else she could have come from.

Greetings All!
So, I decided to give the 100 hatchling challenge a try. I'll be documenting eyes, genes, colors, and breeds, with the overall goal of getting as many different combinations as possible. So without further ado, here are my guidelines:
  • All males will be bought from the auction house, mated, and exalted once the eggs hatch.
  • All Males must have at least one gene different from Khaluesh.
  • All hatchlings will stay unnamed until they reach juvenile state.
  • Hatchlings can be claimed (first come, first serve) during this period for a small sum of 3kt. (This price is non-negotiable, and will be updated below AH floor every Saturday)
  • Hatchlings not claimed before aulthood will then either be exalted, given away, or sold on the AH. This will be determined by a random number generator.
M8bsogX.png
Hatchling Tracker

Eyes
COMMON: X X X X X X X X X
UNCOMMON: X X X X
UNUSUAL: X X X
RARE: X
PRIMAL: X

Genes
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPrimary:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXJaguar x12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTapir x3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPython x3
XXXXXXXXXSecondary:
XXXXXXXXXRosettes x15
XXXXXXXXXMorph x2
XXXXXXXXXSaturn x1
XXXXXXXXXTertiary:
XXXXXXXXXBasic x7
XXXXXXXXXThylacine x1
XXXXXXXXXGhost x2
XXXXXXXXXCapsule x6
XXXXXXXXXUnderbelly x2

Breeds
Guardian: XXXXXXXXXX
Fae: X
Spiral: XXX
Snapper: X
Pearlcatcher: XX
Ridgeback: X

Colors
Primary
Seafoam Mint Radioactive Forest Abyss Tomato Moss Crimson Peacock Fern Shadow Robin Swamp Spearmint Violet

Secondary
Heather Midnight Plum Eggplant Navy Mulberry Thistle Heather Lavender Steel Cobalt Denim Orchid Purple

Tertiary
Camo Stonewash Mint Chartreuse Honeydew Cerise Taupe Blood Tomato Terracotta Brick Peacock Cyan Flaxen Yellow HoneyIvory

Hatchling Tracker

Eyes
COMMON: X X X X X X X X X
UNCOMMON: X X X X
UNUSUAL: X X X
RARE: X
PRIMAL: X

Genes
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPrimary:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXJaguar x12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTapir x3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPython x3
XXXXXXXXXSecondary:
XXXXXXXXXRosettes x15
XXXXXXXXXMorph x2
XXXXXXXXXSaturn x1
XXXXXXXXXTertiary:
XXXXXXXXXBasic x7
XXXXXXXXXThylacine x1
XXXXXXXXXGhost x2
XXXXXXXXXCapsule x6
XXXXXXXXXUnderbelly x2

Breeds
Guardian: XXXXXXXXXX
Fae: X
Spiral: XXX
Snapper: X
Pearlcatcher: XX
Ridgeback: X

Colors
Primary
Seafoam Mint Radioactive Forest Abyss Tomato Moss Crimson Peacock Fern Shadow Robin Swamp Spearmint Violet

Secondary
Heather Midnight Plum Eggplant Navy Mulberry Thistle Heather Lavender Steel Cobalt Denim Orchid Purple

Tertiary
Camo Stonewash Mint Chartreuse Honeydew Cerise Taupe Blood Tomato Terracotta Brick Peacock Cyan Flaxen Yellow HoneyIvory

M8bsogX.png
Pinglist

@/heehoo
@/Vulpeslunae
@/HeatherAKARoses
@/Rosesinger
@/ZippoFeuer
@/SakuraDryad
@/ForeverBASIC
@/dappledfire
Pinglist

@/heehoo
@/Vulpeslunae
@/HeatherAKARoses
@/Rosesinger
@/ZippoFeuer
@/SakuraDryad
@/ForeverBASIC
@/dappledfire
M8bsogX.png
[center][size=7][color=ee0852][b][u]The first of many[/u][b][/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56108161] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/561082/56108161_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center]Khaluesh prowled to and fro in the space she had been gifted. Nearly ready. She was nearly ready, but it wasn't quite time yet. She still had some time for some last minute additions. Smiling to herself, Khaluesh padded silently past the sleeping hatchlings in the main den and made her way outside. The blast of frigid air, gave her pause, but soon she was loping off through the snow. Once she had enough speed behind her, she launched herself into the air. The burning cold was bracing, and the young guardian reveled in its touch. [rule] She had flown far, father than he intended. She was nearly to the Border of the Tangled Woods, brackish waters lapping up against it's southern shores. [i]'Narkul will be worried if I don't return soon..'[/i] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55620992] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/556210/55620992_350.png[/img] [/url] Suddenly, a dark blur shot past, nearly knocking her off balance. Khaluesh screeched her anger, catching the scaly hide in her talons. The two dragons locked, tumbling through the sky. In a tangle of tails, wings, and limbs, two pairs of eyes met. Khaluesh and the unkown male separated, wing beats carrying them up until the two were even, far above the Tangled Wood. The air was tense for a long moment while neither spoke. Yes... There was a fire in this male's eyes, that would serve him well in her frozen home. "Who are you?" She asked, in her most commanding tone. The spiral flinched, but only for a moment. "My name is Tigereye, and y-you shouldn't be here." He growled, the frenzied movement of his wings causing his length to undulate in that classic spiral motion. The she-dragon tilted her head, before providing a toothy grin. "Then come with me, Tigereye." She teased, backwinging a few feet. The spiral frowned, hesitated. "Why? You don't know me." "No. But I like what I see in you. So come. Have a nest with me." The spiral stared, utterly lost in the storm that was Khaluesh. "A nest? I mean... I've wanted a nest, something to leave behind before I leave to serve, but..." He frowned, watching her a moment. "Leave with me, Tigereye." Came the insistent command, no more teasing or play in her tone. The young spiral studied her a moment more, before he moved closer, his thin frame spiraling around hers in the air. "Alright..." "Khaluesh." "Alright Khaluesh. Lead the way." He smiled thin, a hint of playfulness in his tone. Then they were off, winging back to ice floes Khaluesh and her clan called home.[/center] [rule] [center][color=ee0852][i]The first nest will come in 7 days, when Khaluesh becomes available to breed.[/i][/color][/center]
The first of many
Khaluesh prowled to and fro in the space she had been gifted. Nearly ready. She was nearly ready, but it wasn't quite time yet. She still had some time for some last minute additions.

Smiling to herself, Khaluesh padded silently past the sleeping hatchlings in the main den and made her way outside. The blast of frigid air, gave her pause, but soon she was loping off through the snow. Once she had enough speed behind her, she launched herself into the air. The burning cold was bracing, and the young guardian reveled in its touch.

She had flown far, father than he intended. She was nearly to the Border of the Tangled Woods, brackish waters lapping up against it's southern shores. 'Narkul will be worried if I don't return soon..'

55620992_350.png

Suddenly, a dark blur shot past, nearly knocking her off balance. Khaluesh screeched her anger, catching the scaly hide in her talons. The two dragons locked, tumbling through the sky. In a tangle of tails, wings, and limbs, two pairs of eyes met.

Khaluesh and the unkown male separated, wing beats carrying them up until the two were even, far above the Tangled Wood. The air was tense for a long moment while neither spoke. Yes... There was a fire in this male's eyes, that would serve him well in her frozen home.

"Who are you?" She asked, in her most commanding tone. The spiral flinched, but only for a moment. "My name is Tigereye, and y-you shouldn't be here." He growled, the frenzied movement of his wings causing his length to undulate in that classic spiral motion.

The she-dragon tilted her head, before providing a toothy grin. "Then come with me, Tigereye." She teased, backwinging a few feet.

The spiral frowned, hesitated. "Why? You don't know me."

"No. But I like what I see in you. So come. Have a nest with me." The spiral stared, utterly lost in the storm that was Khaluesh.

"A nest? I mean... I've wanted a nest, something to leave behind before I leave to serve, but..." He frowned, watching her a moment.

"Leave with me, Tigereye." Came the insistent command, no more teasing or play in her tone. The young spiral studied her a moment more, before he moved closer, his thin frame spiraling around hers in the air.

"Alright..."
"Khaluesh."
"Alright Khaluesh. Lead the way." He smiled thin, a hint of playfulness in his tone.
Then they were off, winging back to ice floes Khaluesh and her clan called home.

The first nest will come in 7 days, when Khaluesh becomes available to breed.
M8bsogX.png
sweet baby jesus on a tricycle i love this with no end

Khaluesh is a legend,,,,Tigereye is lucky to have had her want a nest with him-

Dheueurueuwu i cannot handle

I 110% want to be pinged for everything and would love to see them in our other rp-
sweet baby jesus on a tricycle i love this with no end

Khaluesh is a legend,,,,Tigereye is lucky to have had her want a nest with him-

Dheueurueuwu i cannot handle

I 110% want to be pinged for everything and would love to see them in our other rp-
WBsJuD1.png 7J1Hgbi.png
[center][size=7][color=ee0852][b][u]The Nest[/u][b][/color][/size][/center] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/6/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] Khaluesh eased her heavy frame down, curling around the three precious eggs she'd only just lain. She hadn't expected to feel so drained just from laying a few eggs, but here she was, feeling more tired than she'd ever thought possible. And it was worth it. "Are you going to be okay?" Came the tentative voice at the entrance of her little sanctuary. She looked up, her orange eyes meeting lavender ones. "Silly Spiral.." She purred, beckoning the nervous male forward. He obeyed, a slight tremble in his wings as he slithered up to survey their future children. "Three?" He murmured in awe, coiling next to her head. The Guardian sighed, pillowing her head there, and he rested his own head atop hers. They made quite the picture, curled there around their eggs. They both knew it would end soon. He'd leave to serve the deities of the world, and she'd be left to raise her children strong and mighty. [rule] @heehoo @Vulpeslunae
The Nest
3healthy_0dead.png

Khaluesh eased her heavy frame down, curling around the three precious eggs she'd only just lain. She hadn't expected to feel so drained just from laying a few eggs, but here she was, feeling more tired than she'd ever thought possible. And it was worth it.

"Are you going to be okay?" Came the tentative voice at the entrance of her little sanctuary. She looked up, her orange eyes meeting lavender ones.

"Silly Spiral.." She purred, beckoning the nervous male forward. He obeyed, a slight tremble in his wings as he slithered up to survey their future children. "Three?" He murmured in awe, coiling next to her head. The Guardian sighed, pillowing her head there, and he rested his own head atop hers. They made quite the picture, curled there around their eggs.

They both knew it would end soon. He'd leave to serve the deities of the world, and she'd be left to raise her children strong and mighty.

@heehoo @Vulpeslunae
M8bsogX.png
I also wanna be pinged for this!!
I also wanna be pinged for this!!
scotty will know
[center][size=7][color=ee0852][b][u]Finally[/u][/b][/color][/size][/center] [center][i]Tik, tik, tik[/i] Such an odd little noise to hear. The sleepy female grumbled her displeasure, shifting her weight from one side to the other as she resettled for sleep. [i]Tik... Tik, CLICK[/i] There it was again, louder, more insistent. She hissed, stretching and causing the coiled weight of the male snoozing on her bag to slide off with a thump. More angry hisses as the dragons righted themselves. [i][b]Cri-CRACK[/b][/i] The sudden sound seemed to echo into silence as both sets of reptilian eyes focused on the three eggs they had been curled around. Two eggs, Tigereye amended, watching as the first of their hatchlings stood on wobbly legs. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56605432] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566055/56605432_350.png[/img] [/url] The young dragon sneezed, the force toppling him over into a roll. Khaluesh purred in delight, settling herself down to the task of cleaning the hatchling while it squeaked it's protest. [i]Tik. Tiktiktiktakatik [b]CRACK[/b][/i] The first hatchling gave a startled squeal as shell pieces seemed to explode out from the second egg. The flash of blue that darted from the chaos was far smaller than his brother, and Tigereye almost didn't catch him as the youngling darted towards the door. "Easy, little one." He cooed, the small Spiral curling and coiling around his claws. He presented the newest hatchling to his mother, earning another delighted purr from Khaluesh as she claimed her child. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56605433] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566055/56605433_350.png[/img] [/url] The last egg lay still, the largest of the three. Khaluesh was bust corralling the two hatchlings, hadn't noticed the lack of movement. Tigereye watched intently, sliding so close that the tip of his snout touch the smooth shell. It was warm to the touch, and seemed to quiver at the intrusion. [i]Criiiiiiii-[b]ACKK[/b][/i] A long split started at the base of the egg, shot up to the very top, and seemed to fissure. A pitiful sound came, and there stood the last hatchling, wings spread as wide as she could manage. Tigereye could only assume it had been her attempt at a roar, one that she couldn't quite manage yet. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56605434] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566055/56605434_350.png[/img] [/url] Their last child had a little of both of them. Her mother's coloring, with the added bonus of his striping, the male Spiral could only stare at the hatchling. At all of his babies. "They're beautiful, Khaluesh.." He murmured, nuzzling his nose to her neck. "Of course they are, Tigereye." She purred in happy contentment, pulling the three young dragons to her and cuddling them close. "They take after us.." She trailed off, looking up to him. "When were you planning to leave?" Her voice held the barest hint of regret, a soft whisper. Tigereye swallowed hard, tears in his eyes. "I... Soon. Tomorrow. Or the next." He said in a soft sigh. "This... This was an amazing journey. And I'm thankful to have met you, met them." He closed his eyes, looking away. "I'll go prepare, and tell the others... You rest here." He moved carefully, eyes straight ahead. He would stay strong, and he'd be okay. Khaluesh was strong, and she's raise their children to be strong.[/center] [rule] @heehoo @Vulpeslunae @HeaterAKARoses
Finally
Tik, tik, tik
Such an odd little noise to hear. The sleepy female grumbled her displeasure, shifting her weight from one side to the other as she resettled for sleep.

Tik... Tik, CLICK
There it was again, louder, more insistent. She hissed, stretching and causing the coiled weight of the male snoozing on her bag to slide off with a thump. More angry hisses as the dragons righted themselves.

Cri-CRACK
The sudden sound seemed to echo into silence as both sets of reptilian eyes focused on the three eggs they had been curled around. Two eggs, Tigereye amended, watching as the first of their hatchlings stood on wobbly legs.

56605432_350.png

The young dragon sneezed, the force toppling him over into a roll. Khaluesh purred in delight, settling herself down to the task of cleaning the hatchling while it squeaked it's protest.

Tik. Tiktiktiktakatik CRACK
The first hatchling gave a startled squeal as shell pieces seemed to explode out from the second egg. The flash of blue that darted from the chaos was far smaller than his brother, and Tigereye almost didn't catch him as the youngling darted towards the door. "Easy, little one." He cooed, the small Spiral curling and coiling around his claws.
He presented the newest hatchling to his mother, earning another delighted purr from Khaluesh as she claimed her child.

56605433_350.png

The last egg lay still, the largest of the three. Khaluesh was bust corralling the two hatchlings, hadn't noticed the lack of movement. Tigereye watched intently, sliding so close that the tip of his snout touch the smooth shell. It was warm to the touch, and seemed to quiver at the intrusion.

Criiiiiiii-ACKK
A long split started at the base of the egg, shot up to the very top, and seemed to fissure. A pitiful sound came, and there stood the last hatchling, wings spread as wide as she could manage. Tigereye could only assume it had been her attempt at a roar, one that she couldn't quite manage yet.

56605434_350.png

Their last child had a little of both of them. Her mother's coloring, with the added bonus of his striping, the male Spiral could only stare at the hatchling. At all of his babies. "They're beautiful, Khaluesh.." He murmured, nuzzling his nose to her neck.

"Of course they are, Tigereye." She purred in happy contentment, pulling the three young dragons to her and cuddling them close. "They take after us.." She trailed off, looking up to him. "When were you planning to leave?" Her voice held the barest hint of regret, a soft whisper.

Tigereye swallowed hard, tears in his eyes. "I... Soon. Tomorrow. Or the next." He said in a soft sigh. "This... This was an amazing journey. And I'm thankful to have met you, met them." He closed his eyes, looking away. "I'll go prepare, and tell the others... You rest here."

He moved carefully, eyes straight ahead. He would stay strong, and he'd be okay. Khaluesh was strong, and she's raise their children to be strong.

@heehoo @Vulpeslunae @HeaterAKARoses
M8bsogX.png
BUMP

All three hatchlings are still available! Ping or message me if you'd like to claim them!
BUMP

All three hatchlings are still available! Ping or message me if you'd like to claim them!
M8bsogX.png
[center][size=7][color=ee0852][b][u]Hatchling Update[/u][/b][/color][/size][/center] [columns][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56605432] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566055/56605432_350.png[/img] [/url][/center][nextcol] [b]Vermillion[/b] shall be leaving to serve the Icewarden. [/columns] [columns][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56605433] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566055/56605433_350.png[/img] [/url][/center][nextcol] [b]Mephis[/b] will be remaining with the clan for now, until another home makes itself apparent. [/columns] [columns][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56605434] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566055/56605434_350.png[/img] [/url][/center][nextcol] [b]Saytien[/b] will be sold on the auction house, to hopefully find a new home else where. [/columns] [rule] @heehoo @Vulpeslunae @HeatherAKARoses
Hatchling Update
Vermillion shall be leaving to serve the Icewarden.

Mephis will be remaining with the clan for now, until another home makes itself apparent.
Saytien will be sold on the auction house, to hopefully find a new home else where.

@heehoo @Vulpeslunae @HeatherAKARoses
M8bsogX.png
1 2 3 4 5