Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] For Your Spies Only - Closed
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27
Day 6

Leyana has been showing Fulminis around the restricted area for what seemed like an eternity. And still, there was nothing to see there. Boxes were stacked on the shelves. Aisles and aisles of them running down the length of the basement. It felt underwhelming to say the least. Leyana was going on and on about how important their job here was, but Fulminis just couldn't see anything of note. It was a storage area, a pretty messy one at that. And then, the door appeared. Fulminis grew excited, perhaps there was something of note down here after all. "Go on." Leyana nodded towards the door. "You're welcome to explore it. It has been kept secret for long enough, I'm glad someone close to The Stormcatcher will finally see what this is all about."

Not wasting a second, Fulminis started towards the door. It was unlocked, which shouldn't be surprising considering how well hidden the basement was. She slowly opened it, but the room was so dark she couldn't make out anything in it. She was about to ask Leyana if there was some light there, and then noticed the Tundra has closed the door behind her. She pounded on the door, and Leyana answered. "I am not tricking you, the door simply cannot be opened from the inside and it can't stay open. I'll be here waiting until you explore and then let you out. There is a light switch on the right side of the door. Have fun!"

Not having much of a choice, Fulminis turned on the light. Walls of the room were lined with screens which seemed to be tracking lightning activity all over the Shifting Expanse. It was impressive, but the most important thing about the room was what was in the center of it. A perfect replica of The Stormcatcher stood proud, covered in the most exquisite armor she has ever seen. At the other end of the room stood an Imperial. He waved Fulminis over to where he stood.

"Name's Bell." he introduced himself. "I've been waiting for you, boss told me you were coming. So, what do you think?"
"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at."
"We wanted to create armor that would let every dragon from the Shifting Expanse take advantage of the storms that are always raging. I know you and the rest of the magically gifted dragons don't have problems manipulating lightning, but the rest of us do. And so, this was created." he walked around it, Fulminis at his heel. "It attracts lightning, but is also completely safe to use for every dragon. This way, all of use will be able to use our natural climate to our advantage. Pretty neat, right?"
"It's really impressive." Fulminis admitted. "Although I gotta ask, why use The Stormcatcher as a model?"
"We couldn't decide which breed to use, so we figured this was a good compromise. The point is, the armor works perfectly and is soon going to be mass produced and sent to every warrior in the Expanse."
"So you're saying the goal of this Sanctum was to make us the most powerful flight of all?"
"Exactly that my little friend."
Day 6

Leyana has been showing Fulminis around the restricted area for what seemed like an eternity. And still, there was nothing to see there. Boxes were stacked on the shelves. Aisles and aisles of them running down the length of the basement. It felt underwhelming to say the least. Leyana was going on and on about how important their job here was, but Fulminis just couldn't see anything of note. It was a storage area, a pretty messy one at that. And then, the door appeared. Fulminis grew excited, perhaps there was something of note down here after all. "Go on." Leyana nodded towards the door. "You're welcome to explore it. It has been kept secret for long enough, I'm glad someone close to The Stormcatcher will finally see what this is all about."

Not wasting a second, Fulminis started towards the door. It was unlocked, which shouldn't be surprising considering how well hidden the basement was. She slowly opened it, but the room was so dark she couldn't make out anything in it. She was about to ask Leyana if there was some light there, and then noticed the Tundra has closed the door behind her. She pounded on the door, and Leyana answered. "I am not tricking you, the door simply cannot be opened from the inside and it can't stay open. I'll be here waiting until you explore and then let you out. There is a light switch on the right side of the door. Have fun!"

Not having much of a choice, Fulminis turned on the light. Walls of the room were lined with screens which seemed to be tracking lightning activity all over the Shifting Expanse. It was impressive, but the most important thing about the room was what was in the center of it. A perfect replica of The Stormcatcher stood proud, covered in the most exquisite armor she has ever seen. At the other end of the room stood an Imperial. He waved Fulminis over to where he stood.

"Name's Bell." he introduced himself. "I've been waiting for you, boss told me you were coming. So, what do you think?"
"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at."
"We wanted to create armor that would let every dragon from the Shifting Expanse take advantage of the storms that are always raging. I know you and the rest of the magically gifted dragons don't have problems manipulating lightning, but the rest of us do. And so, this was created." he walked around it, Fulminis at his heel. "It attracts lightning, but is also completely safe to use for every dragon. This way, all of use will be able to use our natural climate to our advantage. Pretty neat, right?"
"It's really impressive." Fulminis admitted. "Although I gotta ask, why use The Stormcatcher as a model?"
"We couldn't decide which breed to use, so we figured this was a good compromise. The point is, the armor works perfectly and is soon going to be mass produced and sent to every warrior in the Expanse."
"So you're saying the goal of this Sanctum was to make us the most powerful flight of all?"
"Exactly that my little friend."
Tulan slowly pushed the door open. The scene before her pulled a gasp from her lips. The door opened to a platform over looking a large open hall. Row upon row of what looked like pods lined the cavernous space. but it was what was in the consoles that turned her stomach. They were dragons, hundreds of them. Each was attached to an individual pod with what looked like wires and tubes. Visors and what looked like oxygen masks covered their faces. The fact that they had sizes to fit anyone from a fae to an imperial would have been impressive if Tulan wasn't so horrified.

The muttering she had heard must have come from some of the dragons milling about outside the pods. Occasionally they would pause in front of one of the pods, before poking at a screen or scribbling away on a clipboard. She could make out a few words now, though they made little sense out of context. "...stabilised...website...vitals...crash data...immersion..." Tulan huffed. She needed to get closer, but all she wanted to do was turn tail and hide.

"Hey! You're not cleared for this level!" Spinning around, Tulan faced down a miffed looking ridgeback. At the dragon's outcry, several of the workers on the floor below turned to look up at the mezzanine. Tulan grimaced. She spread her wings and tried to look intimidating.

"What is going on here? What have you done these dragons?" Rather than smirk or shout threats, the ridgeback merely sniffed.

"I just told you, you're not cleared for this level. Honestly, newbies can be such a pain. Now, let me see your code and I can-hey!" Tulan darted away as the ridgeback reached out to her. Leaping over the railing she landed with a thud before dashing forward between the pods. There had to be somewhere she could hide. The ridgeback sighed and reached for a comm link. "Hey. Yeah, I think we got a hacker...a dumb one...that or you really messed up the coding...yeah, I know that's what beta is for...right, right." Sighing, the ridgeback started to type away on his tablet. Well, no one said this would be easy.
Tulan slowly pushed the door open. The scene before her pulled a gasp from her lips. The door opened to a platform over looking a large open hall. Row upon row of what looked like pods lined the cavernous space. but it was what was in the consoles that turned her stomach. They were dragons, hundreds of them. Each was attached to an individual pod with what looked like wires and tubes. Visors and what looked like oxygen masks covered their faces. The fact that they had sizes to fit anyone from a fae to an imperial would have been impressive if Tulan wasn't so horrified.

The muttering she had heard must have come from some of the dragons milling about outside the pods. Occasionally they would pause in front of one of the pods, before poking at a screen or scribbling away on a clipboard. She could make out a few words now, though they made little sense out of context. "...stabilised...website...vitals...crash data...immersion..." Tulan huffed. She needed to get closer, but all she wanted to do was turn tail and hide.

"Hey! You're not cleared for this level!" Spinning around, Tulan faced down a miffed looking ridgeback. At the dragon's outcry, several of the workers on the floor below turned to look up at the mezzanine. Tulan grimaced. She spread her wings and tried to look intimidating.

"What is going on here? What have you done these dragons?" Rather than smirk or shout threats, the ridgeback merely sniffed.

"I just told you, you're not cleared for this level. Honestly, newbies can be such a pain. Now, let me see your code and I can-hey!" Tulan darted away as the ridgeback reached out to her. Leaping over the railing she landed with a thud before dashing forward between the pods. There had to be somewhere she could hide. The ridgeback sighed and reached for a comm link. "Hey. Yeah, I think we got a hacker...a dumb one...that or you really messed up the coding...yeah, I know that's what beta is for...right, right." Sighing, the ridgeback started to type away on his tablet. Well, no one said this would be easy.
CK1QM1M.png91069659.png91292986.png91366580.png91366581.png91366582.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/xwU3l4q.png[/img] It was after a long day of work again. [i]Go deeper in the sanctorium? [b]Yes[/b] No[/i] You decide to go deeper tonight [i]Take the screw? [b]Yes[/b] No[/i] You grab the screw from under the matress and make your way through the shadoy halls. [i]Use the stairs of the up and down machine? [b]Stairs[/b] The up and down machine[/i] You take the stairs again being ever so quiet going down and down the stairs. [i]Save? [b]Yes[/b] No[/i] You go further than the second floor [i]How far do you go? Level 3 Level 4 [b]Level 5[/b][/i] You go down to the last level, the glowing blue light of the reactor glowing in the darkness. The light illuminating a heavy steel door to the left and a trapdoor. [i]Which do you investigate? [b]Trapdoor[/b] Door[/i] The trapdoor is locked and has a hole your screw can fit in, [i]Put it in? [b]Yes[/b] No[/i] You slide the screw in, and twist it, the trapdoor unlocks and you find a key inside. [i]Grab it? [b]Yes[/b] No[/i] After checking the trapdoor you go to the door and open it, finding it's only a storage closet with mops and such, you hear a noise, someone's coming down here, there's another door but it requires a key. [i]Hide behind a mop, Get out and hide behind the reactor Hide in a box [b]Hide in the locked room (Requires a key)[/b][/i] You unlock the door and slide in, locking the door behind you, you wait until whoever it was has gone to go back out again, they seemed to have taken a box. You go back to your dorm with your new information. You take the screw back out of the trapdoor, taking your screw and key back to your dorm and hide it under your matress. [i]Save? [b]Yes[/b] No[/i]
xwU3l4q.png

It was after a long day of work again. Go deeper in the sanctorium? Yes No You decide to go deeper tonight Take the screw? Yes No You grab the screw from under the matress and make your way through the shadoy halls. Use the stairs of the up and down machine? Stairs The up and down machine You take the stairs again being ever so quiet going down and down the stairs. Save? Yes No You go further than the second floor How far do you go? Level 3 Level 4 Level 5

You go down to the last level, the glowing blue light of the reactor glowing in the darkness. The light illuminating a heavy steel door to the left and a trapdoor. Which do you investigate? Trapdoor Door The trapdoor is locked and has a hole your screw can fit in, Put it in? Yes No You slide the screw in, and twist it, the trapdoor unlocks and you find a key inside. Grab it? Yes No After checking the trapdoor you go to the door and open it, finding it's only a storage closet with mops and such, you hear a noise, someone's coming down here, there's another door but it requires a key. Hide behind a mop, Get out and hide behind the reactor Hide in a box Hide in the locked room (Requires a key)

You unlock the door and slide in, locking the door behind you, you wait until whoever it was has gone to go back out again, they seemed to have taken a box. You go back to your dorm with your new information. You take the screw back out of the trapdoor, taking your screw and key back to your dorm and hide it under your matress. Save? Yes No
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
The second Nix pushed through the heavy, lead door, the voices he’d been following abruptly stopped, crackling off into sudden silence. He froze, knowing what this must mean- he’d been caught. They’d finally noticed him, and now he was doubtlessly about to endure the most horrific torture known to dragonkind. The Stormcatcher wasn’t one to take mercy on those that tried to put a wrench in his plans, and Nix was half expecting to be fried on the spot the second the guards hauled him up to the upper levels of the Sanctum. But as he looked around… he couldn’t see anyone. No guards come to take him away, sure… but no dragons that could have been talking here in the first place. Nix’s heart started beating, an entirely new terror rushing through him. He was sure he had heard something- but the room was empty, outfitted as same dusty storage closets he’d seen lining the rest of the floor. Something was wrong… he needed to get out of here-

But as soon as he turned to speed back from where he came, the door slammed shut behind him. A sudden crackle of static filled the room, and Nix finally made out where it came from- a large speaker, nestled behind a shelf. Had that been where the voices had come from? Had he… had he been baited into a trap? It definitely seemed that way- despite him struggling with the latch, the heavy door behind him refused to open. A laugh, slightly distorted in nature, echoed from the speaker. Damn it, damn it- he was cornered. There was no getting out of here- not if he wanted to keep his life. Nix braced himself, eyes squeezing shut, and fins flattening to the side of his face. Through his eyelids, he could see a violent flash of light… and then suddenly, the room didn’t feel so empty.

“Hello, Nix,” a voice called. A familiar voice. Too familiar. Nix opened his eyes, looking out to see… himself? The fae in front of him was almost an exact replica- same outfit, same small scar on the right wing. And it was standing with its headfins fanned out in a display of mockery, monotone voice sounding a little too unnatural, even for a fae. Nix screamed, shooting up to the ceiling, back pressed firmly against the metal covering. The fae- his… clone?- didn’t move, but kept staring at Nix all the same. Nix felt his head spin, his mind struggling to make sense of the situation.

“I’ve been waiting for you for a very long time, Agent. Finding something that could draw you out took so long… so many dragons’ lives wasted in order to get the attention of your Arcane officers.” The fae chuckled, flat voice ringing with mirth. “I couldn’t just shift to anyone, now could I? You’ve provided me- and the Stormcatcher- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. With access to Arcane’s records, we can finally push our technology to the next level. Soon, Sorineth will be ruled by the Lightning. I really can’t thank you enough.” Nix felt a jolt of electricity pass through him, the walls of the metal room sparking to life. He cried out, falling to the ground in a twitching mess… as his clone stepped out of the room, ready to take his new position in Nix’s life.
The second Nix pushed through the heavy, lead door, the voices he’d been following abruptly stopped, crackling off into sudden silence. He froze, knowing what this must mean- he’d been caught. They’d finally noticed him, and now he was doubtlessly about to endure the most horrific torture known to dragonkind. The Stormcatcher wasn’t one to take mercy on those that tried to put a wrench in his plans, and Nix was half expecting to be fried on the spot the second the guards hauled him up to the upper levels of the Sanctum. But as he looked around… he couldn’t see anyone. No guards come to take him away, sure… but no dragons that could have been talking here in the first place. Nix’s heart started beating, an entirely new terror rushing through him. He was sure he had heard something- but the room was empty, outfitted as same dusty storage closets he’d seen lining the rest of the floor. Something was wrong… he needed to get out of here-

But as soon as he turned to speed back from where he came, the door slammed shut behind him. A sudden crackle of static filled the room, and Nix finally made out where it came from- a large speaker, nestled behind a shelf. Had that been where the voices had come from? Had he… had he been baited into a trap? It definitely seemed that way- despite him struggling with the latch, the heavy door behind him refused to open. A laugh, slightly distorted in nature, echoed from the speaker. Damn it, damn it- he was cornered. There was no getting out of here- not if he wanted to keep his life. Nix braced himself, eyes squeezing shut, and fins flattening to the side of his face. Through his eyelids, he could see a violent flash of light… and then suddenly, the room didn’t feel so empty.

“Hello, Nix,” a voice called. A familiar voice. Too familiar. Nix opened his eyes, looking out to see… himself? The fae in front of him was almost an exact replica- same outfit, same small scar on the right wing. And it was standing with its headfins fanned out in a display of mockery, monotone voice sounding a little too unnatural, even for a fae. Nix screamed, shooting up to the ceiling, back pressed firmly against the metal covering. The fae- his… clone?- didn’t move, but kept staring at Nix all the same. Nix felt his head spin, his mind struggling to make sense of the situation.

“I’ve been waiting for you for a very long time, Agent. Finding something that could draw you out took so long… so many dragons’ lives wasted in order to get the attention of your Arcane officers.” The fae chuckled, flat voice ringing with mirth. “I couldn’t just shift to anyone, now could I? You’ve provided me- and the Stormcatcher- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. With access to Arcane’s records, we can finally push our technology to the next level. Soon, Sorineth will be ruled by the Lightning. I really can’t thank you enough.” Nix felt a jolt of electricity pass through him, the walls of the metal room sparking to life. He cried out, falling to the ground in a twitching mess… as his clone stepped out of the room, ready to take his new position in Nix’s life.
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o9_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o7_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o8_r1_500.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45626786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/456268/45626786.png[/img][/url] [i]The skydancer Laisa had followed down the stairs stepped through another door and entered what appeared to be a storage room, with crates and shelves stacked with all kinds of spare parts, some spilling out onto the ground so that there were very few clear places where a dragon could land without risking the pile shifting underneath them. For a while, the skydancer stayed perched on one of the ladders leading up to the ceiling, humming a vaguely familiar tune that Laisa was certain she'd once heard somewhere, but couldn't quite place. It seemed that he was waiting for something, so Laisa decided too stay there and find out what he was waiting for. Whilst they waited, each unaware of the other's presence, a loud screech of metal against metal caught their attention. Further investigation showed that it was a Swift Volt. "There you are at last." the skydancer said, gently picking up the little squirrel and placing it on is shoulder. "I was beginning to get worried." The door leading to the stairs that they had just come down creaked open and a young guardian stepped inside. A threesome of faes flew out from under her wings - triplets by the look of them. "Finally, you're here." said the skydancer, addressing all four. "Next time I want to be the last one to arrive, I was bored stiff waiting for you lot." "Quit complaining, you know that this doesn't happen often." replied the guardian. "Still, if it makes you happy, sure, next we're called out to mend an unexpected malfunction you can spend your time waiting and being bored upstairs instead of downstairs." She turned into one of the paths between rows of shelves, and the skydancer followed, along with the three faes. "C'mon, if we don't fix the wiring and whatever's up with the canister within the next hour, they'll have to switch over to the other branch until the repairs are complete, which'll mean more wear and tear on the main system, and the boss won't be pleased." The guardian slid one of the shelves - which turned out to be on wheels - aside, revealing a door with a simple-looking lock on it. Whilst the guardian set about opening the lock - a much more complex operation than one would expect based on its visual appearance - two of the faes perched on the shelf above her, chattering about the jobs they'd completed, mutual friends and the food in the canteen that day, waving their crests animatedly. The third one landed on the skydancer's head and began to whisper in his ear. Laisa hurriedly flew forward to listen in. "Taking advantage of the fact that there are no skydancers around to read your emotional energy field and call you out on your lie?" "If that's how you wish to put it, sure." he replied, glancing at the guardian dragon. "What's it to you?" The fae blew at one of the skydancer's antennae, causing it to twitch. "I just find it amusing, that's all." He whispered in reply. "And of course, I'm curious to see how it all pans out when-" "Door's open. Hurry up, you know how the leylines are, so get a move on already." grumbled the guardian, interrupting their conversation. Laisa's fins lowered at the thought of the interesting bit of information that she'd just missed out on hearing. The fae hurriedly joined the other two, and the skydancer wasn't far behind in following the guardian through the door. Laisa tagged on to their group, and soon she too was in the mysterious room that was so heavily disguised and, if Laisa judged rightly, was directly beneath the place where the original stone sanctum had been (or perhaps still was) situated. The walls, floor and even ceiling seemed to hum with potential. A strange tingling filled Laisa from crest to tailtip, she could no longer see nor hear what was going on around her. Instinctively she landed on the ground and curled into a tight ball, wrapping her wings protectively around herself. "Good job, a healthy natural reaction, now just keep your eyes shut and I'll get you out of there." A voice spoke in her mind, a familiar, reassuring voice, but she didn't have the energy to think about it with the hum all around her. The voice wasn't asking her to do anything, and that was good. The tingling gradually grew fainter, which came as such a relief that Laisa fell asleep, lulled by the stillness. She was woken by Arkan gently shaking her by the shoulder.[/i][/center]
45626786.png
The skydancer Laisa had followed down the stairs stepped through another door and entered what appeared to be a storage room, with crates and shelves stacked with all kinds of spare parts, some spilling out onto the ground so that there were very few clear places where a dragon could land without risking the pile shifting underneath them. For a while, the skydancer stayed perched on one of the ladders leading up to the ceiling, humming a vaguely familiar tune that Laisa was certain she'd once heard somewhere, but couldn't quite place. It seemed that he was waiting for something, so Laisa decided too stay there and find out what he was waiting for. Whilst they waited, each unaware of the other's presence, a loud screech of metal against metal caught their attention. Further investigation showed that it was a Swift Volt. "There you are at last." the skydancer said, gently picking up the little squirrel and placing it on is shoulder. "I was beginning to get worried."

The door leading to the stairs that they had just come down creaked open and a young guardian stepped inside. A threesome of faes flew out from under her wings - triplets by the look of them. "Finally, you're here." said the skydancer, addressing all four. "Next time I want to be the last one to arrive, I was bored stiff waiting for you lot."
"Quit complaining, you know that this doesn't happen often." replied the guardian. "Still, if it makes you happy, sure, next we're called out to mend an unexpected malfunction you can spend your time waiting and being bored upstairs instead of downstairs." She turned into one of the paths between rows of shelves, and the skydancer followed, along with the three faes. "C'mon, if we don't fix the wiring and whatever's up with the canister within the next hour, they'll have to switch over to the other branch until the repairs are complete, which'll mean more wear and tear on the main system, and the boss won't be pleased." The guardian slid one of the shelves - which turned out to be on wheels - aside, revealing a door with a simple-looking lock on it.

Whilst the guardian set about opening the lock - a much more complex operation than one would expect based on its visual appearance - two of the faes perched on the shelf above her, chattering about the jobs they'd completed, mutual friends and the food in the canteen that day, waving their crests animatedly. The third one landed on the skydancer's head and began to whisper in his ear. Laisa hurriedly flew forward to listen in.
"Taking advantage of the fact that there are no skydancers around to read your emotional energy field and call you out on your lie?"
"If that's how you wish to put it, sure." he replied, glancing at the guardian dragon. "What's it to you?"
The fae blew at one of the skydancer's antennae, causing it to twitch. "I just find it amusing, that's all." He whispered in reply. "And of course, I'm curious to see how it all pans out when-"
"Door's open. Hurry up, you know how the leylines are, so get a move on already." grumbled the guardian, interrupting their conversation. Laisa's fins lowered at the thought of the interesting bit of information that she'd just missed out on hearing.

The fae hurriedly joined the other two, and the skydancer wasn't far behind in following the guardian through the door. Laisa tagged on to their group, and soon she too was in the mysterious room that was so heavily disguised and, if Laisa judged rightly, was directly beneath the place where the original stone sanctum had been (or perhaps still was) situated. The walls, floor and even ceiling seemed to hum with potential. A strange tingling filled Laisa from crest to tailtip, she could no longer see nor hear what was going on around her. Instinctively she landed on the ground and curled into a tight ball, wrapping her wings protectively around herself.
"Good job, a healthy natural reaction, now just keep your eyes shut and I'll get you out of there." A voice spoke in her mind, a familiar, reassuring voice, but she didn't have the energy to think about it with the hum all around her. The voice wasn't asking her to do anything, and that was good. The tingling gradually grew fainter, which came as such a relief that Laisa fell asleep, lulled by the stillness. She was woken by Arkan gently shaking her by the shoulder.
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
(((If you don't know the answer to a question... toss in a few more questions on top of it and leave any proper answers for another day. :P )))
(((If you don't know the answer to a question... toss in a few more questions on top of it and leave any proper answers for another day. :P )))
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
all this work for nothing

I push the door, the wood has a strange consistency under my paw, almost alien for a Dragon born and raised in the Shifting Expanse. Looking inside my eyes are blinded by a flash of yellow and warm light that almost irradiate hotness that get reflected by the little section of metallic pavement of the Sanctum illuminated. I blink, slowly adequating to the ambience when my ears rotate to better capture sounds and voices.

"Have we found how to stop this yet?" Asks an high pitched voice
"Negative boss, the light system appear to be wired in the mainframe of the Sanctum"
"Can't we just tear it down or something?"
"Negative again boss whoever did this took preucations to prevent problems"
"Then find the responsible! I want them to answer for this...this...this thing!".

Driven by curiosity I sneak inside and with my extreme surprise my hind paws touch soil(?). I look down and I notice that, in fact, the pavement it's covered of black soil mixed with white sand. What in Stormcatcher name is this? I keep going on and on while the hot grow with every step so much that for a moment I think to be having hallucination...can these be cactuses? Am I going insane?

I sit in the middle of the cactuses plantation and with a smile I rise my gaze to the roof where the letters, done in luminous green, spell: DO YOU WANT A TEA WITH ME? C.
all this work for nothing

I push the door, the wood has a strange consistency under my paw, almost alien for a Dragon born and raised in the Shifting Expanse. Looking inside my eyes are blinded by a flash of yellow and warm light that almost irradiate hotness that get reflected by the little section of metallic pavement of the Sanctum illuminated. I blink, slowly adequating to the ambience when my ears rotate to better capture sounds and voices.

"Have we found how to stop this yet?" Asks an high pitched voice
"Negative boss, the light system appear to be wired in the mainframe of the Sanctum"
"Can't we just tear it down or something?"
"Negative again boss whoever did this took preucations to prevent problems"
"Then find the responsible! I want them to answer for this...this...this thing!".

Driven by curiosity I sneak inside and with my extreme surprise my hind paws touch soil(?). I look down and I notice that, in fact, the pavement it's covered of black soil mixed with white sand. What in Stormcatcher name is this? I keep going on and on while the hot grow with every step so much that for a moment I think to be having hallucination...can these be cactuses? Am I going insane?

I sit in the middle of the cactuses plantation and with a smile I rise my gaze to the roof where the letters, done in luminous green, spell: DO YOU WANT A TEA WITH ME? C.
GyTxqUF.png
@Alfamangle @MessengerDragon @Juri01 @Hikaye @Lhumyaki @Okapi @moissi @gaymiens @Espoir @mintea00 @LordMaroo @Runi @dividedAnimus @SilverQuark @RockyLemons [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=8&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=108&tertgene=24&winggene=10&wings=94&auth=6acf1afef07c0c958ff2ed3d1793a2875d4b81a4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Day 7 Success! Now that you've discovered what Lightning is doing, how are you going to get the information back to your flight? Try to "escape"? Send a coded message? Rely on someone else to get the word out? The decision is yours. [b]You have until Sunday, August 4th 11:06:35 FR time to submit your entry.[/b]
@Alfamangle @MessengerDragon @Juri01 @Hikaye @Lhumyaki @Okapi
@moissi @gaymiens @Espoir @mintea00 @LordMaroo @Runi @dividedAnimus
@SilverQuark @RockyLemons

dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=8&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=108&tertgene=24&winggene=10&wings=94&auth=6acf1afef07c0c958ff2ed3d1793a2875d4b81a4&dummyext=prev.png

Day 7

Success! Now that you've discovered what Lightning is doing, how are you going to get the information back to your flight? Try to "escape"? Send a coded message? Rely on someone else to get the word out?

The decision is yours.

You have until Sunday, August 4th 11:06:35 FR time to submit your entry.
30oPYgq.png
Day 6:

Taking a deep breath, the Bogsneak braced himself and pushed the door open as steathily as he could. He hoped they kept the doors as well oiled as they did their workers. Shhhhp'. The door opened with a soft noise, and he exhaled in relief, while still trying to keep quiet. "Mphphpmphph.." The voices were louder now, although he still couldn't quite make out what they were saying, they were still too far away for that.

Moving forward, he stepped lightly to keep his footsteps silent until he found a huge crate to hide behind. Pausing, he listened keenly to see if he had been noticed. Nothing. He waited a couple minutes, and then peeking out from behind the crate, he found the source of the voices. There, under the overhead light, were a group of five or six dragons wearing what appeared to be long dark robes, marked with strange symbols.

One dragon, a Spiral, larger than the others appeared to be talking currently. "And when the time is right we will-". The clank of something metal drew the dragon's attention. "What was that? Shhh!", he hushed the others. Nodding towards the other dragons, he said "We should check it out. I want Jace and Nizar with me, the others... go get the boss."

The Bogsneak gulped. They were distracted, so it was now or never. Moving quickly, he moved forward towards the center of the huge room and then gasped. He didn't have to go very far inside to see what it was. It was enormous. Lines and lines of little pods surrounded what appeared to be a huge battery. 'They're using the dragons as an energy source'. Horrified, he knew he had to get the evidence before they caught him so he took out his camera pen and began taking photos before they came back. "Hey! What are you doing there?", a voice shouted out in the dark. Sssssss. Halder threw down the smoke flask, causing the place to be filled with gas. "I can't see! Where did he go?" another voice shouted in the dark. Another moment, and he was outside of the lower levels, running for the entrance. He was glad he had come prepared
Day 6:

Taking a deep breath, the Bogsneak braced himself and pushed the door open as steathily as he could. He hoped they kept the doors as well oiled as they did their workers. Shhhhp'. The door opened with a soft noise, and he exhaled in relief, while still trying to keep quiet. "Mphphpmphph.." The voices were louder now, although he still couldn't quite make out what they were saying, they were still too far away for that.

Moving forward, he stepped lightly to keep his footsteps silent until he found a huge crate to hide behind. Pausing, he listened keenly to see if he had been noticed. Nothing. He waited a couple minutes, and then peeking out from behind the crate, he found the source of the voices. There, under the overhead light, were a group of five or six dragons wearing what appeared to be long dark robes, marked with strange symbols.

One dragon, a Spiral, larger than the others appeared to be talking currently. "And when the time is right we will-". The clank of something metal drew the dragon's attention. "What was that? Shhh!", he hushed the others. Nodding towards the other dragons, he said "We should check it out. I want Jace and Nizar with me, the others... go get the boss."

The Bogsneak gulped. They were distracted, so it was now or never. Moving quickly, he moved forward towards the center of the huge room and then gasped. He didn't have to go very far inside to see what it was. It was enormous. Lines and lines of little pods surrounded what appeared to be a huge battery. 'They're using the dragons as an energy source'. Horrified, he knew he had to get the evidence before they caught him so he took out his camera pen and began taking photos before they came back. "Hey! What are you doing there?", a voice shouted out in the dark. Sssssss. Halder threw down the smoke flask, causing the place to be filled with gas. "I can't see! Where did he go?" another voice shouted in the dark. Another moment, and he was outside of the lower levels, running for the entrance. He was glad he had come prepared
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
(Oh shoot... did i miss the previous day? I tried to make it on time as i had work, but if not then no worries xD I'll try and enter earlier if i can for this last day.)
(Oh shoot... did i miss the previous day? I tried to make it on time as i had work, but if not then no worries xD I'll try and enter earlier if i can for this last day.)
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27