Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals-Closed!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Would love a ping regardless of whether I win a raffle prize or not, thanks again for hosting this!
Would love a ping regardless of whether I win a raffle prize or not, thanks again for hosting this!
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8889387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88894/8889387_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Jaspernoir Syrah finds Rubix fascinating, and frequently swings by his workspace whenever she sees a chance to to watch him cook, even applauding a few times at appropriate moments. "Love the foam!" she says excitedly once she finally gets to taste his dish, "Flavored foams and whipped cream can go with just about everything. But unfortunately looks like you went with too thin watermelon slices too...they won't stay together after cooking when they're that thin." @razzamatazz Esfir's sorbet seems to be starting to thaw pretty quickly, so Syrah ends up eating it very quickly...and gives herself brain freeze in the process. "Nice, simple and I-ow-like it," she strains to inform the Skydancer between winces, "but maybe just-ow-a bit heavy handed on the-ow-cindermint?" @Quintillion "Heatttt~" Syrah chirps before shoving more of the salad into her mouth. "This is so good! I'm not sure if the ashfall prickler sauce was the best base to use for the sauce, but everything else works together so nicely!" The other judges seem to be giving the workspace a wide berth. @Infinity14 Syrah was a bit dubious of pickled watermelon, even a quick pickling given the time alloted, but was plesantly surprised. And the hot sauce was to die for. The fried mozzarella though? "Can't say I like it with the cindermint included in the coating. Not a fan of mint and cheese together I guess. I think it would have worked better in the pickling brine for the watermelon." @L1BR4 Syrah is startled by the particularly moody coatl who drops a haphazard salad infront of her. She's less put off by the meal (after all, simple salads can be delicious too! Only snobby eaters would think otherwise) and more by his attitude. She is admitidly much more pleased with the "julep popsicle" Einws presents though. "I mean it's not really a julep but it kinda looks like one, don't you agree?" she asks, restraining herself from eating to fast and ending up with another bout of brain freeze, "and while I always love edible stick ideas, the cinnamon is a bit strong to eat just straight up like that. An alternative would have been better and just include the cinnamon as a flavor." @YanderePower "Aww, why do you look so grumpy?" Syrah asked, mis-interpreting the look on the other Imperial's face and having very little respect for personal boundaries when she wanted to know something, "You made such a delicious dish! One of my top three so far if I'm being honest! I've been experimenting with smoothies lately as something for our more on the go dragons to indulge in and I might have to nick some ideas off of you here." @dividedAnimus Syrah stared in both disbelief and awe at Buttspie's melon loaf. Sure, she knew plenty of fruits you could incorporate into bread, but [i]watermelon??[/i] She was awed once again once she actualy tried it. "Meringue! This is so cool!" she called out loudly, trying to flag down the baker, "You've got to try this and then try making it back home!" She wasn't quite as thrilled with the cocoa. "Don't get me wrong, it is good cocoa, but I think it stands better on it's own rather than paired with the bread."

@Jaspernoir

Syrah finds Rubix fascinating, and frequently swings by his workspace whenever she sees a chance to to watch him cook, even applauding a few times at appropriate moments.

"Love the foam!" she says excitedly once she finally gets to taste his dish, "Flavored foams and whipped cream can go with just about everything. But unfortunately looks like you went with too thin watermelon slices too...they won't stay together after cooking when they're that thin."

@razzamatazz

Esfir's sorbet seems to be starting to thaw pretty quickly, so Syrah ends up eating it very quickly...and gives herself brain freeze in the process.

"Nice, simple and I-ow-like it," she strains to inform the Skydancer between winces, "but maybe just-ow-a bit heavy handed on the-ow-cindermint?"

@Quintillion

"Heatttt~" Syrah chirps before shoving more of the salad into her mouth. "This is so good! I'm not sure if the ashfall prickler sauce was the best base to use for the sauce, but everything else works together so nicely!"

The other judges seem to be giving the workspace a wide berth.

@Infinity14

Syrah was a bit dubious of pickled watermelon, even a quick pickling given the time alloted, but was plesantly surprised. And the hot sauce was to die for.

The fried mozzarella though? "Can't say I like it with the cindermint included in the coating. Not a fan of mint and cheese together I guess. I think it would have worked better in the pickling brine for the watermelon."

@L1BR4

Syrah is startled by the particularly moody coatl who drops a haphazard salad infront of her. She's less put off by the meal (after all, simple salads can be delicious too! Only snobby eaters would think otherwise) and more by his attitude.

She is admitidly much more pleased with the "julep popsicle" Einws presents though. "I mean it's not really a julep but it kinda looks like one, don't you agree?" she asks, restraining herself from eating to fast and ending up with another bout of brain freeze, "and while I always love edible stick ideas, the cinnamon is a bit strong to eat just straight up like that. An alternative would have been better and just include the cinnamon as a flavor."

@YanderePower

"Aww, why do you look so grumpy?" Syrah asked, mis-interpreting the look on the other Imperial's face and having very little respect for personal boundaries when she wanted to know something, "You made such a delicious dish! One of my top three so far if I'm being honest! I've been experimenting with smoothies lately as something for our more on the go dragons to indulge in and I might have to nick some ideas off of you here."

@dividedAnimus

Syrah stared in both disbelief and awe at Buttspie's melon loaf. Sure, she knew plenty of fruits you could incorporate into bread, but watermelon?? She was awed once again once she actualy tried it.

"Meringue! This is so cool!" she called out loudly, trying to flag down the baker, "You've got to try this and then try making it back home!"

She wasn't quite as thrilled with the cocoa. "Don't get me wrong, it is good cocoa, but I think it stands better on it's own rather than paired with the bread."
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8889387] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88894/8889387_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @JinxMoonstone Syrah licked her lips after downing the glass Chess had offered her. "There's some good drinkables here today. I love the blackberry liquor you used as it compliments the watermelon perfectly. Unfortunately you were heavy handed with the cinnamon so that was pretty overpowering in the first gulp, uh...sip." @VientoVino Syrah rocked back and forth on her haunches, clearly enjoying savoring the pizza bite by bite. "It his so [i]good![/i]" she eventually cried, utter bliss on her face, "Can you just make all my pizza from here on out? Where is your clan located? Would you be willing to deliver!?" ((*BELL RINGING* Another crit success! You all are going to clean out my contest egg stash at this rate o.o)) @Terrone Syrah's very intrigued by Calantha's entry, though her nose starts tingling a bit when the wildclaw sets the dish infront of her. She does her best to ignore it as she patiently listens to the descriptions. It's by the time Calantha gets to the guessing part of her entry that Syrah realizes the problem. "It's not...it's not....potash peach is it?" she says in halting breaths. But it's not enough to stop her from starting to sneeze furiously, and a Shadow dragon's sneezes are not pretty. "........Can we just...pretend that this didn't happen?" the Imperial asks quietly as she looks down at the ruined mock pie. @Lonefox Carbry may have considered the bad luck streak broken a bit too soon. "Hmm, I'd say it's less chewy and more crunchy," Syrah said, easily snapping one of the other rinds that she hadn't sampled. "Looks like you somehow removed too much moisture during the drying process. It still makes for an interesting snack but not a super appealing one." Despite this she's still grinning, "You're the first dragon to really focus on the rind though! I really love that you went that route even if it didn't turn out how you hoped." @Scatterspark Syrah cleans her bowl. "You're right," she praised Carnelian, "I could see myself eating this any time of year! It's fruity and creamy with just the right balance of sweetness and spice! I think you might have overchurned it a bit since the texture is a tiny bit off, but the taste more than makes up for that small flaw!" @Sidegrinder Syrah feels her cheeks starting to flush a bit, barely noticeable under her purple coloring. She'd been a couple of workstations over when she'd sneezed all over Calantha's entry, but it seemed if it had had enough force to get on Hannibal's sorbet as well. "Looksgoodgoodworkhelpyourselftosometakehometreats!" She says in a rapid fire spiel as she hurries past, unable to look at the other Imperial. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g4gX7WS.png[/img] Day 6 is over! One more day to go! Will I be able to get it done before I pass out tonight?? Start taking bets now! Friday's raffle winner is [b]@VientoVino[/b] who apparently had all the luck this round! To celebrate, Syrah made some flower crowns (and accessories) you can triumphantly wear to show how amazing you are! Actually she just [i]really[/i] wanted to make flower crowns despite having a fall themed round ">> [center][item=violet flower crown][item=larkspur flower crown][item=silver flower crown] [item=red rose corsage][item=daisy corsage][item=dried corsage][item=tigerlily corsage] [item=black tulip tail lei][item=seapetal lei][item=silver flowerfall][/center]

@JinxMoonstone

Syrah licked her lips after downing the glass Chess had offered her. "There's some good drinkables here today. I love the blackberry liquor you used as it compliments the watermelon perfectly. Unfortunately you were heavy handed with the cinnamon so that was pretty overpowering in the first gulp, uh...sip."

@VientoVino

Syrah rocked back and forth on her haunches, clearly enjoying savoring the pizza bite by bite. "It his so good!" she eventually cried, utter bliss on her face, "Can you just make all my pizza from here on out? Where is your clan located? Would you be willing to deliver!?"

((*BELL RINGING* Another crit success! You all are going to clean out my contest egg stash at this rate o.o))

@Terrone

Syrah's very intrigued by Calantha's entry, though her nose starts tingling a bit when the wildclaw sets the dish infront of her. She does her best to ignore it as she patiently listens to the descriptions. It's by the time Calantha gets to the guessing part of her entry that Syrah realizes the problem. "It's not...it's not....potash peach is it?" she says in halting breaths.

But it's not enough to stop her from starting to sneeze furiously, and a Shadow dragon's sneezes are not pretty.

"........Can we just...pretend that this didn't happen?" the Imperial asks quietly as she looks down at the ruined mock pie.

@Lonefox

Carbry may have considered the bad luck streak broken a bit too soon.

"Hmm, I'd say it's less chewy and more crunchy," Syrah said, easily snapping one of the other rinds that she hadn't sampled. "Looks like you somehow removed too much moisture during the drying process. It still makes for an interesting snack but not a super appealing one." Despite this she's still grinning, "You're the first dragon to really focus on the rind though! I really love that you went that route even if it didn't turn out how you hoped."

@Scatterspark

Syrah cleans her bowl. "You're right," she praised Carnelian, "I could see myself eating this any time of year! It's fruity and creamy with just the right balance of sweetness and spice! I think you might have overchurned it a bit since the texture is a tiny bit off, but the taste more than makes up for that small flaw!"

@Sidegrinder

Syrah feels her cheeks starting to flush a bit, barely noticeable under her purple coloring. She'd been a couple of workstations over when she'd sneezed all over Calantha's entry, but it seemed if it had had enough force to get on Hannibal's sorbet as well.

"Looksgoodgoodworkhelpyourselftosometakehometreats!" She says in a rapid fire spiel as she hurries past, unable to look at the other Imperial.

g4gX7WS.png

Day 6 is over! One more day to go! Will I be able to get it done before I pass out tonight?? Start taking bets now!

Friday's raffle winner is @VientoVino who apparently had all the luck this round! To celebrate, Syrah made some flower crowns (and accessories) you can triumphantly wear to show how amazing you are!

Actually she just really wanted to make flower crowns despite having a fall themed round ">>
Violet Flower Crown Larkspur Flower Crown Silver Flower Crown
Red Rose Corsage Daisy Corsage Dried Corsage Tigerlily Corsage
Black Tulip Tail Lei Seapetal Lei Silver Flowerfall
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thank you! I'm glad they enjoyed the pizza :D
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thank you! I'm glad they enjoyed the pizza :D
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko5_100.pngXBhgPWa.gif2OTuj7X.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5087419] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/50875/5087419_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @MarinaQuakenbush First contestant of the day and they weren't finishing the week on a high note. "I applaud your effort in attempting the balancing theme, but I think you were overeager and may have skipped some basic prepration," Bloodstone told Rovigo sternly, "Both the fish and the rat pate have small but quite noticible bones and bone splinters hidden among the meat. It makes it difficult to call this edible." @RubieKanary Bloodstone looked cautiously at the meal, then up at the brothers, back down at the mean, and then once again back up, pointedly scrutinizing Reggi. "I can't say I'd be eager to have you in my home kitchens, but I do admit to some relief to see you two have made up, if only so as not to risk one last massive disaster at this event." Despite this somewhat backhanded compliment, the coatl did seem reasonably pleased with the dish. "I wouldn't call it amazing, but it is at least a sucess," she said with a nod, "A number of ingredients are inconsistantly under or overcooked, but all still within the edible range." ((Omg I missed the achievement when I was skimming entries last week! XD I love it! And I have to add my thanks in giving me two such helpful [s]sacrifices[/s] volunteers to have on hand when I need bad roll chaos!)) @VelveteenVixen Gladys' dish is the first one Bloodstone takes more than a couple bites of, namely the sunfish, but also some extra bites of the salad. "The duskrat is the main weakpoint as it's overcooked despite being nicely seasoned," she informs the Snapper as she gestures at the nibbled on rat still sitting on the plate, "However you, forgive the pun, really shone on the salad. It's lovely as well as delicious." ((I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it ^_^ Seeing other contestants visibly enjoying themselves and reading how creative the entries can get is one of the reasons I intend on hosting this event every year. While Mistral Meals is the only one I actively host, keep your eyes peeled as others (both RP and IRL) do pop up from time to time! I myself am more than a little addicted to the IRL ones ^^;; And Wayfarer's Rest will probably contribute a recipe to the book ^_^ Expect a PM from me once I've had a chance for some Jamboree recovery time)) @Deladria Despite her usualy no-nonsense personality, Bloodstone does look a bit sympathetic when she gets to Amharath as exhaustion was practically visible in every one of the Guardian's features. "The kitchen's not the best place to be when you need a nap," she noted, glancing towards another red coatl that she'd been keeping a close eye on during the week, "But you don't seem to have injured yourself so I won't harp on that too much. Your presentation is lovely but with how flavors worked out..." she took a thoughtful nibble of one of the fish and rotala pies, "I would have preferred to see it reversed, with the duskrat and rotala together and the fish and moths in the second type." ((I knew there were still a few regulars that hadn't popped their heads in yet! Glad to see you were able to squeeze an entry in this year ^_^ )) @Sylphiette Bloodstone did predict there to be a number of meat pies, but she is a bit surprised to see two one right after the other. But Bloodstone had to admit she liked Amharath's a bit more. "It's an admirable pie, but I feel the bulk of it's concerns lie with the gravy. There's not enough which makes the pie taste drier than it should, and with a meat as duskrat, a gravy made with a gamey-er meat than beef, such as lamb, would have been more ideal." @tigressRising A rare smile showed itself when Bloodstone sampled Snickerdoodle's meal. It wasn't a full on grin, but it was still a noticeable change from the coatl's usual judging poker face. "A stir-fry is certainly one of the safer routes to take with a varied sort of ingredients, but you executed it nicely. I would have preferred to have had it served with a plainer side to enjoy it with, such as rice." @Daemonengrau [i]"Interesting choices,"[/i] Bloodstone hums musingly, just to prove that she can in fact speak her native tongue, but then switches back to draconic for the sake of the Wildclaw as she's not entirely sure about his language capabilities. "I'm not sure if potato was the best option for pureeing with the sunfish, but it still works reasonably well. The duskrat on the other hand is perfectly cooked and seasoned." @Quintillion Bloodstone all but feels her mouth starting to pucker a bit after sampling a sizeable piece of sunfish with quite a bit of the sauce on it. It had smelled lovely but the taste... "I have frequently wondered if the tents are bright enough to read all the labels on the ingredients we have. With how sour this sauce is I fear you may have grabbed some Aether Cherries rather than Potash Peaches."

@MarinaQuakenbush

First contestant of the day and they weren't finishing the week on a high note. "I applaud your effort in attempting the balancing theme, but I think you were overeager and may have skipped some basic prepration," Bloodstone told Rovigo sternly, "Both the fish and the rat pate have small but quite noticible bones and bone splinters hidden among the meat. It makes it difficult to call this edible."

@RubieKanary

Bloodstone looked cautiously at the meal, then up at the brothers, back down at the mean, and then once again back up, pointedly scrutinizing Reggi. "I can't say I'd be eager to have you in my home kitchens, but I do admit to some relief to see you two have made up, if only so as not to risk one last massive disaster at this event."

Despite this somewhat backhanded compliment, the coatl did seem reasonably pleased with the dish. "I wouldn't call it amazing, but it is at least a sucess," she said with a nod, "A number of ingredients are inconsistantly under or overcooked, but all still within the edible range."

((Omg I missed the achievement when I was skimming entries last week! XD I love it! And I have to add my thanks in giving me two such helpful sacrifices volunteers to have on hand when I need bad roll chaos!))

@VelveteenVixen

Gladys' dish is the first one Bloodstone takes more than a couple bites of, namely the sunfish, but also some extra bites of the salad. "The duskrat is the main weakpoint as it's overcooked despite being nicely seasoned," she informs the Snapper as she gestures at the nibbled on rat still sitting on the plate, "However you, forgive the pun, really shone on the salad. It's lovely as well as delicious."

((I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it ^_^ Seeing other contestants visibly enjoying themselves and reading how creative the entries can get is one of the reasons I intend on hosting this event every year. While Mistral Meals is the only one I actively host, keep your eyes peeled as others (both RP and IRL) do pop up from time to time! I myself am more than a little addicted to the IRL ones ^^;;

And Wayfarer's Rest will probably contribute a recipe to the book ^_^ Expect a PM from me once I've had a chance for some Jamboree recovery time))

@Deladria

Despite her usualy no-nonsense personality, Bloodstone does look a bit sympathetic when she gets to Amharath as exhaustion was practically visible in every one of the Guardian's features.

"The kitchen's not the best place to be when you need a nap," she noted, glancing towards another red coatl that she'd been keeping a close eye on during the week, "But you don't seem to have injured yourself so I won't harp on that too much. Your presentation is lovely but with how flavors worked out..." she took a thoughtful nibble of one of the fish and rotala pies, "I would have preferred to see it reversed, with the duskrat and rotala together and the fish and moths in the second type."

((I knew there were still a few regulars that hadn't popped their heads in yet! Glad to see you were able to squeeze an entry in this year ^_^ ))

@Sylphiette

Bloodstone did predict there to be a number of meat pies, but she is a bit surprised to see two one right after the other. But Bloodstone had to admit she liked Amharath's a bit more.

"It's an admirable pie, but I feel the bulk of it's concerns lie with the gravy. There's not enough which makes the pie taste drier than it should, and with a meat as duskrat, a gravy made with a gamey-er meat than beef, such as lamb, would have been more ideal."

@tigressRising

A rare smile showed itself when Bloodstone sampled Snickerdoodle's meal. It wasn't a full on grin, but it was still a noticeable change from the coatl's usual judging poker face.

"A stir-fry is certainly one of the safer routes to take with a varied sort of ingredients, but you executed it nicely. I would have preferred to have had it served with a plainer side to enjoy it with, such as rice."

@Daemonengrau

"Interesting choices," Bloodstone hums musingly, just to prove that she can in fact speak her native tongue, but then switches back to draconic for the sake of the Wildclaw as she's not entirely sure about his language capabilities.

"I'm not sure if potato was the best option for pureeing with the sunfish, but it still works reasonably well. The duskrat on the other hand is perfectly cooked and seasoned."

@Quintillion

Bloodstone all but feels her mouth starting to pucker a bit after sampling a sizeable piece of sunfish with quite a bit of the sauce on it.

It had smelled lovely but the taste...

"I have frequently wondered if the tents are bright enough to read all the labels on the ingredients we have. With how sour this sauce is I fear you may have grabbed some Aether Cherries rather than Potash Peaches."
@Eialyne

Aww, I'm glad you liked Roxy and Reggi! At first, I wasn't too sure about how chaotic and disorganized I was making the RPs, because I felt that somewhat took away from the "cooking" portion of the event and became more "Haha look at how silly my dragons are LMAO" focused, and that would make the judging more difficult, but I'm glad it turns out to be the opposite and they provided you with many opportunities for additional flavor text!

Anyways, thank you for hosting such a lovely event! And I would love to be pinged regardless of whether I win something or not for the final prizes!

(Hopefully, you won't mind if they come back next year? Haha)
@Eialyne

Aww, I'm glad you liked Roxy and Reggi! At first, I wasn't too sure about how chaotic and disorganized I was making the RPs, because I felt that somewhat took away from the "cooking" portion of the event and became more "Haha look at how silly my dragons are LMAO" focused, and that would make the judging more difficult, but I'm glad it turns out to be the opposite and they provided you with many opportunities for additional flavor text!

Anyways, thank you for hosting such a lovely event! And I would love to be pinged regardless of whether I win something or not for the final prizes!

(Hopefully, you won't mind if they come back next year? Haha)
u5avu4X.png fWfedcf.png
@Eialyne Sorry for pinging you over to the old thread - my half-asleep brain got these two mixed up. [emoji=guardian sad] I was just trying to say that I really love this particular event, and I can't wait until next year's rolls in.
@Eialyne Sorry for pinging you over to the old thread - my half-asleep brain got these two mixed up. I was just trying to say that I really love this particular event, and I can't wait until next year's rolls in.
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
((I'm pretty sure I caught them all but to anyone who may have gotten "Entered off invoice" rather than "judging in progress" in your PMs....sorry for any confusion ">> Work has been intense this week)) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5087419] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/50875/5087419_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @razzamatazz Bloodstone franticaly fans at her mouth, eyes watering almost the moment she takes a bite of Victor's stew. She's not even able to speak until she flags down a glass of milk from one of the other judges. "That was...that was too much," she panted, still inhaling some air to help continue cooling down her tastebuds, "You must have used much more potent peppers than you realized. I don't think even Syrah would be able to handle that much heat." @Infinity14 Twentis' extra care paid off as Bloodstone found nothing out of the ordinary in his last dish of the event! She seemed reasonably satisfied with it, mostly docking points for being heavy handed with the allspice and letting the moths get a bit to crispy. "I do have to compliment you on your choice of wine though. There's not many that will go nicely with all the food groups, especialy when you're cooking all of them in it." @YanderePower "Very nice presentation," Bloodstone complimented Helios as she held up the skewer she was eating from, "Though you seem to have used much more honey than necessary. It's oozing out through the rotala. Making that aspect a glaze or a dipping sauce could have been more suitable." @Terrone What [i]might[/i] have been interpreted as awe [i]might[/i] have flickered through Bloodstone's eyes as Calantha approached. "I see you've really stepped it up with your already impressive presentation skills since I last judged one of your meals." "I'm not normally one to turn my nose up at seafood, but I think the usage of the sunfish might be the weakest point of your meal. I understand the usage in the overall presentation, but the paste texture is just not pleasing. This is definitely a disappointment considering how nicely you cooked the other non-challenge seafood components." Helping herself to a few more of the stuffed fallen stars, she muses over the pilaf's color, but eventually has to concede defeat on it. "Meringue, Ursus, and-....well, there are other dragons who work under me who are more knowledgeable on natural dyes that are foodsafe. I'm afraid this one's escaping me." @dividedAnimus Despite having just finished judging Calantha's dish, Bloodstone had to admit that this was an insanely fancy pie. "Not only is it lovely but the flavors are just short of perfect," the Coatl tells Buttspie as she helps herself to another slice, "A little bit more seasoning on the filling would have been ideal but this still is a fine example of your skill set as a baker." @L1BR4 Not a proper judging post but I just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better! Whether it was something you had in mind anyways or just spiraled out from Tonraq's unfortunate Day 1 judging, moody boy salad rage always brought a grin to my face when I read your posts XD @JinxMoonstone "Not as spectacular as your last entry last year, but still a fine enough dish I'm not disappointed," Bloodstone said with an appreciative nod as she helped herself to some more oysters (as Chess had predicted, they were definately her favorite out of the group). "I'd say your weak spots holding you back this year are your stone and sunkernals could have been ground up more finely for their respective crusts, and the moth would have benifited from some seasoning rather than straight chilled." @Sylvandyr Bloodstone tilts her head a bit upon hearing how the duskrat was utilized, but gives an approving nod once she tastes the soup. "The flavors mingle much more nicely than if you'd had both meats in there. This is an effective alternative." She's less impressed with the salad. "The ingredients you used do work well together, and you are quite right in that the rotala compliments the fish utilized in the soup very well, but it's a bit bland on it's own. A dressing, even a very light one, would have been just the thing to finish tying everything together." @Scatterspark "Your idea was clever. I think you may be one of the first contestants, that I can recall at any rate, to harken back to some of their earlier challenges in the week." Bloodstone takes her time sampling each of the different morsels available before reaching a verdict. "Your sauce is delicious and works quite well with all the different varieties of food you've decided to incorporate. The cooking however...most of it was skillfully done but do keep in mind insects cook [i]very[/i] quickly and most of your moths are burned. They would have been best on skewers seperate from the other meats, or added onto the ends of the skewers later in the grilling process."
((I'm pretty sure I caught them all but to anyone who may have gotten "Entered off invoice" rather than "judging in progress" in your PMs....sorry for any confusion ">> Work has been intense this week))

@razzamatazz

Bloodstone franticaly fans at her mouth, eyes watering almost the moment she takes a bite of Victor's stew. She's not even able to speak until she flags down a glass of milk from one of the other judges.

"That was...that was too much," she panted, still inhaling some air to help continue cooling down her tastebuds, "You must have used much more potent peppers than you realized. I don't think even Syrah would be able to handle that much heat."

@Infinity14

Twentis' extra care paid off as Bloodstone found nothing out of the ordinary in his last dish of the event! She seemed reasonably satisfied with it, mostly docking points for being heavy handed with the allspice and letting the moths get a bit to crispy.

"I do have to compliment you on your choice of wine though. There's not many that will go nicely with all the food groups, especialy when you're cooking all of them in it."

@YanderePower

"Very nice presentation," Bloodstone complimented Helios as she held up the skewer she was eating from, "Though you seem to have used much more honey than necessary. It's oozing out through the rotala. Making that aspect a glaze or a dipping sauce could have been more suitable."

@Terrone

What might have been interpreted as awe might have flickered through Bloodstone's eyes as Calantha approached. "I see you've really stepped it up with your already impressive presentation skills since I last judged one of your meals."

"I'm not normally one to turn my nose up at seafood, but I think the usage of the sunfish might be the weakest point of your meal. I understand the usage in the overall presentation, but the paste texture is just not pleasing. This is definitely a disappointment considering how nicely you cooked the other non-challenge seafood components."

Helping herself to a few more of the stuffed fallen stars, she muses over the pilaf's color, but eventually has to concede defeat on it. "Meringue, Ursus, and-....well, there are other dragons who work under me who are more knowledgeable on natural dyes that are foodsafe. I'm afraid this one's escaping me."

@dividedAnimus

Despite having just finished judging Calantha's dish, Bloodstone had to admit that this was an insanely fancy pie.

"Not only is it lovely but the flavors are just short of perfect," the Coatl tells Buttspie as she helps herself to another slice, "A little bit more seasoning on the filling would have been ideal but this still is a fine example of your skill set as a baker."

@L1BR4

Not a proper judging post but I just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better! Whether it was something you had in mind anyways or just spiraled out from Tonraq's unfortunate Day 1 judging, moody boy salad rage always brought a grin to my face when I read your posts XD

@JinxMoonstone

"Not as spectacular as your last entry last year, but still a fine enough dish I'm not disappointed," Bloodstone said with an appreciative nod as she helped herself to some more oysters (as Chess had predicted, they were definately her favorite out of the group).

"I'd say your weak spots holding you back this year are your stone and sunkernals could have been ground up more finely for their respective crusts, and the moth would have benifited from some seasoning rather than straight chilled."

@Sylvandyr

Bloodstone tilts her head a bit upon hearing how the duskrat was utilized, but gives an approving nod once she tastes the soup. "The flavors mingle much more nicely than if you'd had both meats in there. This is an effective alternative."

She's less impressed with the salad. "The ingredients you used do work well together, and you are quite right in that the rotala compliments the fish utilized in the soup very well, but it's a bit bland on it's own. A dressing, even a very light one, would have been just the thing to finish tying everything together."

@Scatterspark

"Your idea was clever. I think you may be one of the first contestants, that I can recall at any rate, to harken back to some of their earlier challenges in the week."

Bloodstone takes her time sampling each of the different morsels available before reaching a verdict. "Your sauce is delicious and works quite well with all the different varieties of food you've decided to incorporate. The cooking however...most of it was skillfully done but do keep in mind insects cook very quickly and most of your moths are burned. They would have been best on skewers seperate from the other meats, or added onto the ends of the skewers later in the grilling process."

[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5087419] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/50875/5087419_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @KingScotty "A good gumbo can be hard to come by, but this certainly would hit the spot," Bloodstone said with an appreciative nod, "Your seasoning is spot on as are the seafood components of the dish. However you have to be careful when making sausage from critters with less meat on your bones. Its easier to end up with...well...bones, in the final product, and there seem to be some slivers in the pieces of sausage I tried." @Lonefox "While we don't put a limit on how many chefs work on a dish, in this case you may have had too many cooks in the kitchen," Bloodstone said with a slight frown as she sampled the three parts to the meal infront of her, "If you were focusing too much on what your companions were up to, it would allow for errors to be made. She points first at Crow, "Your perogies are executed well, but lack enough flavor to be served on their own. A bit of seasoned sour cream or something else to dip them in would have hit the mark." Next was Xanis. "You appear to have had almost the opposite problem. Your fish was seasoned perfectly but unfortunately was overcooked and a bit too dry as a result." And last but not least was Baazil. "To be honest, your bread was my favorite out of the three, but needed some more prep-work. As rotala is aquatic it requires more drying than wheat would, which has resulted in a loaf that's a bit too moist in the middle." @VientoVino Bloodstone has to pause and think for a moment about how many contestants have done burgers in the past. Surprisingly...not too many, even though it's a pretty basic and versatile option that would work well for many of their past challenges. "Even though I'm naturally biased towards seafood dishes, your burger is much more outstanding than the sitr-fry. It's cooked and seasoned nicely, and the rotala is a very nice addition to the more traditional toppings that tend to be associated with this sort of dish." @DarkWolf133 "You might just very well be the first contestant to utilize organ meat as a part of your dish, and it worked out nicely for you," Bloodstone told Shizen as she helped herself to a second one, "These are quite delicious and would work well as a sweeter appetizers or slightly savory desert. Unfortunately your stir-fry by comparison just seems rather lackluster." @Sidegrinder "A lovely dish to end the Jamboree on a high note," Bloodstone informs Hannibal, "And I mean that in terms of both execution as well as presentation. I feel like I shouldn't be overly focusing on Plague dishes during the Jamboree, but that is my specialty after all. And you make an excellent blood sausage." "The mousse however...I wouldn't call it bad, but definitely a misfire. Pumpkin and Chevre does go nicely together but I don't think the same can be said for sunfish and chevre." [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/g4gX7WS.png[/img][/center] And that's a wrap folks! For judging at least. I just need to get a few things sorted out first [s]like getting those last two prize packs posted[/s] and then I'll be doing and posting the final raffle within the next couple of hours! But before then, one last daily raffle and it goes to @Quintillion! There is definitely more than enough food to go around, so Bloodstone will turn a blind eye if Terra decides to run off with some meaty leftovers. [center][item=dodo wing][item=picked-over bones][item=incorporeal dinner][/center]

@KingScotty

"A good gumbo can be hard to come by, but this certainly would hit the spot," Bloodstone said with an appreciative nod, "Your seasoning is spot on as are the seafood components of the dish. However you have to be careful when making sausage from critters with less meat on your bones. Its easier to end up with...well...bones, in the final product, and there seem to be some slivers in the pieces of sausage I tried."

@Lonefox

"While we don't put a limit on how many chefs work on a dish, in this case you may have had too many cooks in the kitchen," Bloodstone said with a slight frown as she sampled the three parts to the meal infront of her, "If you were focusing too much on what your companions were up to, it would allow for errors to be made.

She points first at Crow, "Your perogies are executed well, but lack enough flavor to be served on their own. A bit of seasoned sour cream or something else to dip them in would have hit the mark."

Next was Xanis. "You appear to have had almost the opposite problem. Your fish was seasoned perfectly but unfortunately was overcooked and a bit too dry as a result."

And last but not least was Baazil. "To be honest, your bread was my favorite out of the three, but needed some more prep-work. As rotala is aquatic it requires more drying than wheat would, which has resulted in a loaf that's a bit too moist in the middle."

@VientoVino

Bloodstone has to pause and think for a moment about how many contestants have done burgers in the past. Surprisingly...not too many, even though it's a pretty basic and versatile option that would work well for many of their past challenges.

"Even though I'm naturally biased towards seafood dishes, your burger is much more outstanding than the sitr-fry. It's cooked and seasoned nicely, and the rotala is a very nice addition to the more traditional toppings that tend to be associated with this sort of dish."

@DarkWolf133

"You might just very well be the first contestant to utilize organ meat as a part of your dish, and it worked out nicely for you," Bloodstone told Shizen as she helped herself to a second one, "These are quite delicious and would work well as a sweeter appetizers or slightly savory desert. Unfortunately your stir-fry by comparison just seems rather lackluster."

@Sidegrinder

"A lovely dish to end the Jamboree on a high note," Bloodstone informs Hannibal, "And I mean that in terms of both execution as well as presentation. I feel like I shouldn't be overly focusing on Plague dishes during the Jamboree, but that is my specialty after all. And you make an excellent blood sausage."

"The mousse however...I wouldn't call it bad, but definitely a misfire. Pumpkin and Chevre does go nicely together but I don't think the same can be said for sunfish and chevre."
g4gX7WS.png

And that's a wrap folks! For judging at least. I just need to get a few things sorted out first like getting those last two prize packs posted and then I'll be doing and posting the final raffle within the next couple of hours!

But before then, one last daily raffle and it goes to @Quintillion!

There is definitely more than enough food to go around, so Bloodstone will turn a blind eye if Terra decides to run off with some meaty leftovers.
Dodo Wing Picked-Over Bones Incorporeal Dinner
[size=1]@Terrone @Sylphiette @Lonefox @RubieKanary[/size] Once again I'd like to thank everyone who participated for doing so this year! Despite my groaning I really do love hosting this event and it's a blast to see new and returning users alike! [b]I do have one quick announcement before I get to the raffle:[/b] For anyone who may have not noticed this, @VelveteenVixen 's dragon Gladys has a recipe book that [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2648065/23#post_38343111]she's accepting contributions to[/url]! I thought this was a very cute idea, and I'm sure Wayfarer's Rest will be chipping in a contribution once its chefs (and myself) have a chance to recoup. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/g4gX7WS.png[/img][/center] Standard Flight Rising raffle rules are in effect. For those of who who haven't participated in one before, here's a run-down of how the process works: [LIST=1] [*]I will use a RNG to draw 10 names from the ticket pool, to be listed below. Each user can only win one prize, so if I draw your name a second, third, etc. time, I will re-roll [*]Once pinged, each winner has 24 hours to respond with their prize preferences. If they do not respond in that time frame I will put their names back in the pool and re-draw [*]If your name is listed below, respond in this thread with your choice of prize preferences, according to the number you're assigned. If you're first you choose your top pick, second chooses their top two preferences, third chooses three, etc. [b]If you're a lower number such as 9 or 10, please still list out our preferred order in the case of any no responses.[/b] Your choices will take priority over any re-draws. [*]If you have any questions about the process, just ask! This is something I can easily handle on mobile and should be able to get to you pretty quickly :) [/LIST] And without further ado, your 2019 Mistral Meals Raffle Winners are: [LIST=1] [*]@Scatterspark [*]@Sotku [*]@YanderePower [*]@dividedAnimus [*]@Daemonengrau [*]@CluelessCat [*]@VientoVino [*]@Lonefox [*]@Elsu [*]@MarinaQuakenbush [/list]
@Terrone @Sylphiette @Lonefox @RubieKanary

Once again I'd like to thank everyone who participated for doing so this year! Despite my groaning I really do love hosting this event and it's a blast to see new and returning users alike!

I do have one quick announcement before I get to the raffle: For anyone who may have not noticed this, @VelveteenVixen 's dragon Gladys has a recipe book that she's accepting contributions to! I thought this was a very cute idea, and I'm sure Wayfarer's Rest will be chipping in a contribution once its chefs (and myself) have a chance to recoup.
g4gX7WS.png

Standard Flight Rising raffle rules are in effect. For those of who who haven't participated in one before, here's a run-down of how the process works:
  1. I will use a RNG to draw 10 names from the ticket pool, to be listed below. Each user can only win one prize, so if I draw your name a second, third, etc. time, I will re-roll
  2. Once pinged, each winner has 24 hours to respond with their prize preferences. If they do not respond in that time frame I will put their names back in the pool and re-draw
  3. If your name is listed below, respond in this thread with your choice of prize preferences, according to the number you're assigned. If you're first you choose your top pick, second chooses their top two preferences, third chooses three, etc. If you're a lower number such as 9 or 10, please still list out our preferred order in the case of any no responses. Your choices will take priority over any re-draws.
  4. If you have any questions about the process, just ask! This is something I can easily handle on mobile and should be able to get to you pretty quickly :)

And without further ado, your 2019 Mistral Meals Raffle Winners are:
  1. @Scatterspark
  2. @Sotku
  3. @YanderePower
  4. @dividedAnimus
  5. @Daemonengrau
  6. @CluelessCat
  7. @VientoVino
  8. @Lonefox
  9. @Elsu
  10. @MarinaQuakenbush