Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal] Legacy of Extreme Patience
1 2 3
I saw the "Extreme Patience Breeding" Challenge and thought it would be fun, but to jazz it up even more.. I figured I would also combine it with the "Legacy of War" challenge. Why not add even more fun to this by combining two challenges in one. I'm excited to see how this turns out!

If you see any dragon after the Heir has been announced that you may want, just send a message, I'm already subscribed to this forum, and I'll get in contact to work out some kind of deal.. honestly with what I am doing, they would not be any higher than 10k. You may train and exalt I don't mind as I would be doing the same myself.

I'll give up to 3 days after they turn adult for a notice otherwise I'll be exalting them myself. I'm willing to give 1 dragon per person from a nest if they are wanting the dragon for their own challenges they are attempting, just ask! ^-^

You can get a dragon for free if you are in the Wind Flight. Only 1 from a nest.

I saw the "Extreme Patience Breeding" Challenge and thought it would be fun, but to jazz it up even more.. I figured I would also combine it with the "Legacy of War" challenge. Why not add even more fun to this by combining two challenges in one. I'm excited to see how this turns out!

If you see any dragon after the Heir has been announced that you may want, just send a message, I'm already subscribed to this forum, and I'll get in contact to work out some kind of deal.. honestly with what I am doing, they would not be any higher than 10k. You may train and exalt I don't mind as I would be doing the same myself.

I'll give up to 3 days after they turn adult for a notice otherwise I'll be exalting them myself. I'm willing to give 1 dragon per person from a nest if they are wanting the dragon for their own challenges they are attempting, just ask! ^-^

You can get a dragon for free if you are in the Wind Flight. Only 1 from a nest.

tumblr_inline_n2t755SMwm1r9ywrd.gifb4fJYU2.gifAmber | 29 | She/her | FR+2b4fJYU2.gif
[center][size=7][b]Rules for Extreme Patience Challenge[/b][/size][/center] [quote][LIST=1] [*]Choose an all basic dragon of a plentiful breed (mirror, fae, tundra, or guardian) [*]Choose a mate for them with a common breed and all common genes (see this thread for a rarity guide) [*]Breed them until you get a hatchling with the common breed and all three common genes. No more basic/plentiful! [*]Keep track of your frustration by earning Patience Points (PPs?) for every failed hatchling. See the next post for the scoring system. [*]Suffer [/LIST][/quote] [center][size=7][b]Rules for Legacy of War Challenge[/b][/size][/center] [quote][list=1] [*][b]Choose your founder[/b] - Must be a plentiful breed and triple basic (GenOnes are Recommended). [*][b]Find a Mate[/b] - Must be 10k (or Gem equivalent) or less [indent]Generally a good idea to find a mate in the same flight as the founder, but not necessary (I got lucky on that).[/indent] [*][b]Breed them when RTB[/b] - Only the first nest with them counts! [*][b]One egg nest[/b] - You get a free pass, automatically the heir~! [*][b]2 - 5 egg nests[/b] - Refer to the Heir selection process below [*][b]Find a mate for your heir[/b] - Once you have been granted the heir, you may now choose a mate for them in which they can cost 10k times the current generation (2nd Gen - 20k, 3rd Gen - 30k, etc.) or less. [*][b]Finish and Rejoice![/b] - When you hatched the 10th generation heir and finish the selection process.[/quote]
Rules for Extreme Patience Challenge
Quote:
  1. Choose an all basic dragon of a plentiful breed (mirror, fae, tundra, or guardian)
  2. Choose a mate for them with a common breed and all common genes (see this thread for a rarity guide)
  3. Breed them until you get a hatchling with the common breed and all three common genes. No more basic/plentiful!
  4. Keep track of your frustration by earning Patience Points (PPs?) for every failed hatchling. See the next post for the scoring system.
  5. Suffer
Rules for Legacy of War Challenge
Quote:
  1. Choose your founder - Must be a plentiful breed and triple basic (GenOnes are Recommended).
  2. Find a Mate - Must be 10k (or Gem equivalent) or less
    Generally a good idea to find a mate in the same flight as the founder, but not necessary (I got lucky on that).
  3. Breed them when RTB - Only the first nest with them counts!
  4. One egg nest - You get a free pass, automatically the heir~!
  5. 2 - 5 egg nests - Refer to the Heir selection process below
  6. Find a mate for your heir - Once you have been granted the heir, you may now choose a mate for them in which they can cost 10k times the current generation (2nd Gen - 20k, 3rd Gen - 30k, etc.) or less.
  7. Finish and Rejoice! - When you hatched the 10th generation heir and finish the selection process.

tumblr_inline_n2t755SMwm1r9ywrd.gifb4fJYU2.gifAmber | 29 | She/her | FR+2b4fJYU2.gif
[center][size=7][b]More Rules[/b][/size][/center] [quote=Heir Selection Process][b]2 Eggs[/b] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [b]3 Eggs[/b] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [b]4 Eggs[/b] 1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round! 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [b]5 Eggs [/b] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first. 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [i][s]6 Eggs 1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor. 2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest. 3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.[/s][/i] ([b]I'm not gonna be using the 6 Egg Rule[/b])[/quote] [quote=Battle Rules]1. You [b]must[/b] keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "[u]coach[/u]," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.[/quote]
More Rules
Heir Selection Process wrote:
2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

6 Eggs

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

(I'm not gonna be using the 6 Egg Rule)

Battle Rules wrote:
1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights.
This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak.
This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.
[center][size=7][b]Patience Point Scoring[/b][/size][/center] [quote=Scoring] [b]Hatchlings:[/b] [list] [*][b]1 point[/b] for each plentiful breed [*][b]1 point[/b] for each basic gene [*][b]2 points[/b] for each common breed [*][b]2 points[/b] for each common gene [*][b]5 points[/b] if only 1 egg in nest[/list] [b]Example:[/b] you breed a dragon like this one who is a pearlcatcher and had Basic/Stripes/Underbelly, and ends up being the only egg.. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/366718/36671777_350.png[/img] You would get; 2 points for being a common breed, 1 points for primary basic, 2 points for each common gene, and if it was a 1 egg nest, an extra 5 points ([u]2+1+2+2+5=12[/u]). So, for that nest, you would acquire 12 points towards your total Patience Points for the whole challenge.[/quote]
Patience Point Scoring
Scoring wrote:
Hatchlings:
  • 1 point for each plentiful breed
  • 1 point for each basic gene
  • 2 points for each common breed
  • 2 points for each common gene
  • 5 points if only 1 egg in nest

Example:

you breed a dragon like this one who is a pearlcatcher and had Basic/Stripes/Underbelly, and ends up being the only egg..

36671777_350.png

You would get; 2 points for being a common breed, 1 points for primary basic, 2 points for each common gene, and if it was a 1 egg nest, an extra 5 points (2+1+2+2+5=12). So, for that nest, you would acquire 12 points towards your total Patience Points for the whole challenge.
[center][size=5][b]My Founder and His Mate[/b][/size][/center] [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/WWYXwMM.png[/IMG] [center][size=5][b]Generation 2[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ejWovHE.png[/img] [size=4][b]Gen 3[/b][/size] [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/bMueFCo.png[/IMG] [size=4][b]Gen 4[/b][/size] [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/mjudcLc.png[/IMG] [size=4][b]Gen 5[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/2NtMG2X.png[/img] [size=4][b]Gen 6[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9AeqyH3.png[/img] [size=4][b]Gen 7[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Gen 8[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Gen 9[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Gen 10[/b][/size][/center]
My Founder and His Mate

WWYXwMM.png

Generation 2
ejWovHE.png

Gen 3
bMueFCo.png

Gen 4
mjudcLc.png

Gen 5
2NtMG2X.png
Gen 6
9AeqyH3.png
Gen 7

Gen 8

Gen 9

Gen 10
[center][size=7][b]Current Nest[/b][/size][/center] [b]Extreme Patience Nest[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/0healthy_0dead.png[/img] [b]Legacy Nest[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/0healthy_0dead.png[/img]
Current Nest

Extreme Patience Nest
0healthy_0dead.png

Legacy Nest
0healthy_0dead.png

Art
Will update this with art of the dragons or whatever else relating to this challenge I decide to try and draw~!
Art
Will update this with art of the dragons or whatever else relating to this challenge I decide to try and draw~!
[center][b][size=5]My Eggs have hatched![/size][/b][/center] [columns][size=4][b]Heir Potential 1:[/b][/size] PP: 7 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408316/40831591_350.png[/img][nextcol][b]Female[/b] [b]Shale|Bubblegum|Abyss[/b] [b]Clown|Basic|Thylacine[/b] [i]So close on the first hatchling![/i][/columns] [columns][size=4][b]Heir Potential 2:[/b][/size] PP: 5 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408316/40831592_350.png[/img][nextcol][b]Male[/b] [b]Maize|Carmine|Storm[/b] [b]Basic|Basic|Thylacine[/b][/columns] [columns][size=4][b]Heir Potential 3 & 4:[/b][/size] PP: 8 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408316/40831593_350.png[/img][nextcol][b]Male[/b] [b]Mauve|Red|Phthalo[/b] [b]Basic|Basic|Basic[/b][/columns] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408316/40831594_350.png[/img][nextcol][b]Male[/b] [b]Rose|Cream|Heather[/b] [b]Basic|Basic|Basic[/b][/columns] [columns][size=4][b]Heir Potential 5:[/b][/size] PP: 5 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408316/40831595_350.png[/img][nextcol][b]Female[/b] [b]Smoke|Antique|Heather[/b] [b]Basic|Daub|Basic[/b][/columns] [center][size=5][b][u]Total PP:[/u][/b] 25[/size][/center]
My Eggs have hatched!
Heir Potential 1: PP: 7

40831591_350.png
Female
Shale|Bubblegum|Abyss
Clown|Basic|Thylacine

So close on the first hatchling!

Heir Potential 2: PP: 5
40831592_350.png
Male
Maize|Carmine|Storm
Basic|Basic|Thylacine

Heir Potential 3 & 4: PP: 8
40831593_350.png
Male
Mauve|Red|Phthalo
Basic|Basic|Basic
40831594_350.png Male
Rose|Cream|Heather
Basic|Basic|Basic

Heir Potential 5: PP: 5
40831595_350.png
Female
Smoke|Antique|Heather
Basic|Daub|Basic

Total PP: 25
oooooooo good luck!!!! DOUBLE jazzed, I love it
oooooooo good luck!!!! DOUBLE jazzed, I love it
transcatcher.png
[center][size=5][b]Update: 4/17/2018[/b][/size][/center] [i]After a well fought battle,[/i] Renaldo [i]managed to come out on top! I kind of wish it was the spiral, but oh well, fate decided it would be the lovely female Gaurdian~[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40831595] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408316/40831595_350.png[/img] [/url]
Update: 4/17/2018

After a well fought battle, Renaldo managed to come out on top! I kind of wish it was the spiral, but oh well, fate decided it would be the lovely female Gaurdian~

40831595_350.png
1 2 3