Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Astronomy Club - Closed
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@restless @chatoyant I'm pinging you here because I want to coordinate with y'all to get a permanent telescope boost and so that we don't wind up jostling the telescope with another temporary boost after the rollover. [quote name="Telescope Rules"] If temporary bonuses are given three days in a row, the telescope will be Jostled and lose 1 point from each stat.[/quote] Doesn't sound like a good time for any of our star mappers! You two are the ones who organized support threads for the other two dragons so I figured you'd be good people to contact. That being said, personally I'd like to get everyone to buy a clarity bonus for the telescope. However at this point I really just want to keep us from losing points by going another day with the temporary bonuses. What do you two think?
@restless @chatoyant

I'm pinging you here because I want to coordinate with y'all to get a permanent telescope boost and so that we don't wind up jostling the telescope with another temporary boost after the rollover.
Telescope Rules wrote:
If temporary bonuses are given three days in a row, the telescope will be Jostled and lose 1 point from each stat.

Doesn't sound like a good time for any of our star mappers! You two are the ones who organized support threads for the other two dragons so I figured you'd be good people to contact.

That being said, personally I'd like to get everyone to buy a clarity bonus for the telescope. However at this point I really just want to keep us from losing points by going another day with the temporary bonuses. What do you two think?
@aformofmotion
I've looked up at the sky a time or two :P

Given the restrictions to this game, how can Tallow catch up? Will buying the telescope bonuses for all dragons allow for a possible comeback or should the towel just be thrown in now since there's only a first place prize?

@dorklord
Hah sorry was writing my own post about that topic! I already sent in for Focus and was seriously debating sending for the other astronomers to get Focus but if you already started on Clarity I guess both our plans are already ruined! :P
@aformofmotion
I've looked up at the sky a time or two :P

Given the restrictions to this game, how can Tallow catch up? Will buying the telescope bonuses for all dragons allow for a possible comeback or should the towel just be thrown in now since there's only a first place prize?

@dorklord
Hah sorry was writing my own post about that topic! I already sent in for Focus and was seriously debating sending for the other astronomers to get Focus but if you already started on Clarity I guess both our plans are already ruined! :P
oRU0xsF.png
@restless

I was talking about for after rollover actually. I figured it was kind of late to expect everyone to coordinate today. Like I said, I'm not super picky about what bonus is boosted now tbh since I mainly just dont want to lose stats, clarity would just be my first choice. XD
@restless

I was talking about for after rollover actually. I figured it was kind of late to expect everyone to coordinate today. Like I said, I'm not super picky about what bonus is boosted now tbh since I mainly just dont want to lose stats, clarity would just be my first choice. XD
@Restless Tallow and Stardawn are only one point apart, so I wouldn't count anyone out yet. Your best bet for catching up is to do what the other teams have been doing. I can't offer strategy advice, but the game is based on dice rolls so anything is possible.

Also, there's a "Most Levels Sent" prize, raffle tickets that can win you prizes, and the surprise if the whole starchart is revealed, so there isn't "only" a first place prize.
@Restless Tallow and Stardawn are only one point apart, so I wouldn't count anyone out yet. Your best bet for catching up is to do what the other teams have been doing. I can't offer strategy advice, but the game is based on dice rolls so anything is possible.

Also, there's a "Most Levels Sent" prize, raffle tickets that can win you prizes, and the surprise if the whole starchart is revealed, so there isn't "only" a first place prize.
wgkyULV.png
Daily warning that it's almost the end of the day. (Doesn't look like ya'll need a warning today, everything you've reserved has been paid off.)
Daily warning that it's almost the end of the day. (Doesn't look like ya'll need a warning today, everything you've reserved has been paid off.)
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion
Hey just noticed the raffle tickets are incorrect on the spreadsheet. They're just giving base number, not 2x amount.
@aformofmotion
Hey just noticed the raffle tickets are incorrect on the spreadsheet. They're just giving base number, not 2x amount.
n4tD6Di.pngcT7ArrF.pngFSRH04x.pngCFVbpnt.png
@aformofmotion

Hey there! Can you tell me what I did wrong in my CR? I didn't get a chance to read the message. Thanks!

P.S. Does the new day start after 22:00 FR or an actual new day?
@aformofmotion

Hey there! Can you tell me what I did wrong in my CR? I didn't get a chance to read the message. Thanks!

P.S. Does the new day start after 22:00 FR or an actual new day?
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
@clm What's supposed to be doing 2x? The numbers on the front page already take into account the multipliers for the OOFR so that no math is necessary. It should just be pulling them. @rubyredtan I always forget the CRs don't stick around after they're cancelled. No dragons are accepted after FR22. You have to send them after rollover. [quote]2. The event will close every day from FR22 until just after rollover. This is to give the attendants time to record everything, and for me to roll so many dice. [b]Please do not send dragons during this time frame.[/b][/quote]
@clm What's supposed to be doing 2x? The numbers on the front page already take into account the multipliers for the OOFR so that no math is necessary. It should just be pulling them.

@rubyredtan I always forget the CRs don't stick around after they're cancelled. No dragons are accepted after FR22. You have to send them after rollover.
Quote:
2. The event will close every day from FR22 until just after rollover. This is to give the attendants time to record everything, and for me to roll so many dice. Please do not send dragons during this time frame.
wgkyULV.png
[center][color=deeppink][size=7]Results[/color][/size][/center] Kaika rolled for 15 spaces. Of those, 4 were Focus rolls, 8 were Clarity rolls, and 3 were Resolution rolls. She succeeded at revealing 10 of those spaces. Tallow rolled for 11 spaces. Of those, 4 were Focus rolls, 2 were Clarity rolls, and 4 were Resolution rolls. He succeeded at revealing 8 of those spaces. Stardawn rolled for 15 spaces. Of those, 3 were Focus rolls, 3 were Clarity rolls, and 9 were Resolution rolls. She succeeded at revealing 12 of those spaces, and used her Success Bonus to succeed at one more, for a total of 13. Kaika is in the lead with 28 spaces revealed. Stardawn is right behind her with 26, and Tallow is bringing up the rear with 20. This doesn't mean all is lost for you Tallow supporters! Everything is down to dice in the end, and the dice gods are infamously fickle. Some more numbers for you guys. There are as many current Tallow supporters as there are supporters for Kaika and Stardawn put together. Ninety-four percent of Stardawns levels have been sent by a single person, that's [i]amazing[/i]. You've revealed 74 spaces of the starchart, with only 66 left to go in the next two days. That's a totally achievable goal. You guys have sent in a grand total of 1179 levels so far, and the prize pool is just under 1 million treasure. Today marks the second day in a row that a Telescope Bonus has been purchased individually. Remember that you can get a super helpful permanent boost if all three teams buy the same one, but if another individual purchase is made tomorrow the Telescope will be Jostled and lose stats! Everything has been moved to the Master Spreadsheet, except for a few dragons whose IDs and payouts have yet to be recorded. They were super useful in my quest to figure out what was wrong with the spreadsheet and will be moved as soon as the rest of their data has been input. [img]https://imgur.com/3mdSc5s.jpg[/img] [center][color=deeppink][size=7]Story[/color][/size][/center] [todays story has been postponed due to writers block and trying to figure out if the spreadsheet was working or not (it wasn't, thanks for the heads up clm), but it will be in this space later today] "Wow, Stardawn, that's a lot of stars!" Kaika perched on the end of the pen Stardawn was [i]currently using[/i]. "You might even catch up to me." Stardawn shook the pen to dislodge the fae and then pointed it directly at her. "There's no need to brag." "Uh... yeah there is. It's a bet and I'm [i]winning[/i]. Bragging is the point. Tallow, back me up on this one." There was no answer. "Tallow?" Turning around found their friend slumped over one of the many workbenches in the room, drooling slightly in his sleep. "All that stress must be [i]exhausting[/i]," Kaika said. "We should just let him sleep." "You're only saying that because it means one of us is going to win the bet." "And cos his health is more important than playing with Dad's toys." "I can hear you," Tallow grumbled sleepily. "Are you breaking things?" "...no." "Good. Then let me sleep, I didn't care about this bet in the first place." Stardawn and Kaika exchanged a look, then Stardawn shrugged. "You heard the dude." @Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 @chatoyant @loviare @patron @kaolik @Elysadie @dorklord @Restless @clm @amapup [center][color=deeppink][size=7]Daily Challenge[/color][/size][/center] Do you have a favourite star or other celestial body?
Results

Kaika rolled for 15 spaces.
Of those, 4 were Focus rolls, 8 were Clarity rolls, and 3 were Resolution rolls.
She succeeded at revealing 10 of those spaces.

Tallow rolled for 11 spaces.
Of those, 4 were Focus rolls, 2 were Clarity rolls, and 4 were Resolution rolls.
He succeeded at revealing 8 of those spaces.

Stardawn rolled for 15 spaces.
Of those, 3 were Focus rolls, 3 were Clarity rolls, and 9 were Resolution rolls.
She succeeded at revealing 12 of those spaces, and used her Success Bonus to succeed at one more, for a total of 13.

Kaika is in the lead with 28 spaces revealed. Stardawn is right behind her with 26, and Tallow is bringing up the rear with 20. This doesn't mean all is lost for you Tallow supporters! Everything is down to dice in the end, and the dice gods are infamously fickle.

Some more numbers for you guys. There are as many current Tallow supporters as there are supporters for Kaika and Stardawn put together. Ninety-four percent of Stardawns levels have been sent by a single person, that's amazing. You've revealed 74 spaces of the starchart, with only 66 left to go in the next two days. That's a totally achievable goal. You guys have sent in a grand total of 1179 levels so far, and the prize pool is just under 1 million treasure.

Today marks the second day in a row that a Telescope Bonus has been purchased individually. Remember that you can get a super helpful permanent boost if all three teams buy the same one, but if another individual purchase is made tomorrow the Telescope will be Jostled and lose stats!

Everything has been moved to the Master Spreadsheet, except for a few dragons whose IDs and payouts have yet to be recorded. They were super useful in my quest to figure out what was wrong with the spreadsheet and will be moved as soon as the rest of their data has been input.

3mdSc5s.jpg
Story
[todays story has been postponed due to writers block and trying to figure out if the spreadsheet was working or not (it wasn't, thanks for the heads up clm), but it will be in this space later today]
"Wow, Stardawn, that's a lot of stars!" Kaika perched on the end of the pen Stardawn was currently using. "You might even catch up to me."

Stardawn shook the pen to dislodge the fae and then pointed it directly at her. "There's no need to brag."

"Uh... yeah there is. It's a bet and I'm winning. Bragging is the point. Tallow, back me up on this one."

There was no answer.

"Tallow?"

Turning around found their friend slumped over one of the many workbenches in the room, drooling slightly in his sleep.

"All that stress must be exhausting," Kaika said. "We should just let him sleep."

"You're only saying that because it means one of us is going to win the bet."

"And cos his health is more important than playing with Dad's toys."

"I can hear you," Tallow grumbled sleepily. "Are you breaking things?"

"...no."

"Good. Then let me sleep, I didn't care about this bet in the first place."

Stardawn and Kaika exchanged a look, then Stardawn shrugged. "You heard the dude."

@Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 @chatoyant @loviare @patron @kaolik @Elysadie @dorklord @Restless @clm @amapup
Daily Challenge
Do you have a favourite star or other celestial body?
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion I don't have a favourite star or anything, it's hard to choose since everything is so beautiful!
@aformofmotion I don't have a favourite star or anything, it's hard to choose since everything is so beautiful!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12