Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Random downloads on Firefox
Not sure if this should go here or elsewhere, but I switched to Firefox recently and ever since then, when I play Flight Rising, random files will automatically download to my laptop. I delete them as soon as they install because I don't know what they are. It's a bit concerning that my antivirus isn't catching these files! [img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b9/49/88/b94988a9bcc9bb5a919fb4d6d159d777.jpg[/img] Here's a couple of the file names in case someone tech savvy can infer anything about these things
Not sure if this should go here or elsewhere, but I switched to Firefox recently and ever since then, when I play Flight Rising, random files will automatically download to my laptop. I delete them as soon as they install because I don't know what they are. It's a bit concerning that my antivirus isn't catching these files!
b94988a9bcc9bb5a919fb4d6d159d777.jpg
Here's a couple of the file names in case someone tech savvy can infer anything about these things
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
@skykidnadir
my best guess is that this is related to an ad; try to catch which ads are on screen when this happens, and if one ad is consistently appearing when the random files appear, report said ad through the instructions on page 1 of the Ad Reporting Thread. the files are most likely blank html files.
in your browser settings, there should be a setting called "ask to open or save files" or something similar; turn that on to stop your browser from automatically downloading files.
@skykidnadir
my best guess is that this is related to an ad; try to catch which ads are on screen when this happens, and if one ad is consistently appearing when the random files appear, report said ad through the instructions on page 1 of the Ad Reporting Thread. the files are most likely blank html files.
in your browser settings, there should be a setting called "ask to open or save files" or something similar; turn that on to stop your browser from automatically downloading files.
96px-Zexion%27s_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png 4DvBsZc.png
Lucky
HxcMlGn.png
JrEJc4j.png
uPNWHgD.png
EHXIkb0.png
LDVtWi8.png j9JVcKh.png
@LouckyKoneko thank you so much! I turned on that Ask to Download setting and I'll definitely keep an eye on what ads I'm getting. That seems like the most likely cause.
@LouckyKoneko thank you so much! I turned on that Ask to Download setting and I'll definitely keep an eye on what ads I'm getting. That seems like the most likely cause.
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf