Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Rate-limited on sharing research notes?
So I was sending all my research notes to a friend because he wanted to try to use them to clear a specific plot, and his name stopped popping up for me after 48. Do we get rate-limited from sending notes to people if we're just spamming them at one specific person?
So I was sending all my research notes to a friend because he wanted to try to use them to clear a specific plot, and his name stopped popping up for me after 48. Do we get rate-limited from sending notes to people if we're just spamming them at one specific person?
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
@Dragonwyspr

I haven't heard of rate-limiting in Arlo, but users can only receive a total of 9 notes at a time. Friends will stop appearing on your list if they've already received the maximum of 9 at the time you checked. He should reappear once he's accepted the notes and cleared them.

If he has confirmed this already and he's still not on the list anymore, including details like that is important for reporting issues!

(Incidentally, if he appears on the list but you get an error while sending, it likely means someone else happened to send him 1 or 2 notes at the same time, so you can no longer give him the selected 3 because it would still break the limit. It's the same solution as before; wait for him to claim them, then try again.)
@Dragonwyspr

I haven't heard of rate-limiting in Arlo, but users can only receive a total of 9 notes at a time. Friends will stop appearing on your list if they've already received the maximum of 9 at the time you checked. He should reappear once he's accepted the notes and cleared them.

If he has confirmed this already and he's still not on the list anymore, including details like that is important for reporting issues!

(Incidentally, if he appears on the list but you get an error while sending, it likely means someone else happened to send him 1 or 2 notes at the same time, so you can no longer give him the selected 3 because it would still break the limit. It's the same solution as before; wait for him to claim them, then try again.)
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge
Oogh, his name's showing up now, so hopefully the issue's resolved??

But yeah nah, he's been sitting there spamming the clear button as I send him notes. He has all his slots cleared, but his name wouldn't pop up for me for about 20 minutes. I think, based on this, it's safe to say FR has some sort of rate-limiting thing in place for how fast you can send notes to one person
@NightmareJudge
Oogh, his name's showing up now, so hopefully the issue's resolved??

But yeah nah, he's been sitting there spamming the clear button as I send him notes. He has all his slots cleared, but his name wouldn't pop up for me for about 20 minutes. I think, based on this, it's safe to say FR has some sort of rate-limiting thing in place for how fast you can send notes to one person
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png