Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | ( hiso's art log
1 2
hello, i'm hiso and i draw every once in a while. i usually like designing characters but i doodle them again sometimes (admittedly rarely). feel free to comment or inquire about my ocs and i'll do my best to respond.

pinglist for new updates
hello, i'm hiso and i draw every once in a while. i usually like designing characters but i doodle them again sometimes (admittedly rarely). feel free to comment or inquire about my ocs and i'll do my best to respond.

pinglist for new updates
Untitled1590_20240226081000.png
... hiso | about.
he/him fr+14
[center]starting off with le fishe [img]https://file.garden/ZXAS_DBJky9JVrPj/Untitled1701.png[/img] i've been wanting to make ocs based on, er, [url=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLhtZNAWoAAiIZe?format=jpg]these lovely creatures[/url] but i kept on hitting concept block after concept block. also happens to be a gijinka of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73307882]one of the dragons[/url] in my lair but i don't have enough income to allocate to geneing my dragons so he'll stay ungened forever. sorry girlfriend will be designed soon [size=2]staring at my 5 drafts[/size] but i might lean more onto a nudibranch theme than a sea pig :') (though the tripod fish elements on this design are already a bit of a stretch LOL)[/center]
starting off with le fishe
Untitled1701.png

i've been wanting to make ocs based on, er, these lovely creatures but i kept on hitting concept block after concept block. also happens to be a gijinka of one of the dragons in my lair but i don't have enough income to allocate to geneing my dragons so he'll stay ungened forever. sorry

girlfriend will be designed soon staring at my 5 drafts but i might lean more onto a nudibranch theme than a sea pig :') (though the tripod fish elements on this design are already a bit of a stretch LOL)
... hiso | about.
he/him fr+14
for some reason tripod fish got stuck as a saved search on my phone for a few months so uh, big fan of this guy. deep sea animal taurs is such a wickedly cool idea but i see why you softened things a bit, i feel like that could veer into body horror really quickly *gestures at ipnops if you encountered that species while looking up the fish*
for some reason tripod fish got stuck as a saved search on my phone for a few months so uh, big fan of this guy. deep sea animal taurs is such a wickedly cool idea but i see why you softened things a bit, i feel like that could veer into body horror really quickly *gestures at ipnops if you encountered that species while looking up the fish*
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@bulrush thank you! i myself am a big fan of body horror but it doesn't work too well with my style and the styles i like when deciding commission requests so i've never made any ocs with that concept in mind...

i feel like something interesting could be done for a character based on an ipnops. you can go either the silly hat route or the aforementioned body horror route, or a secret third thing. i'm particularly fond of deep sea creatures. the thought of a giant isopod taur sounds amazing...
@bulrush thank you! i myself am a big fan of body horror but it doesn't work too well with my style and the styles i like when deciding commission requests so i've never made any ocs with that concept in mind...

i feel like something interesting could be done for a character based on an ipnops. you can go either the silly hat route or the aforementioned body horror route, or a secret third thing. i'm particularly fond of deep sea creatures. the thought of a giant isopod taur sounds amazing...
... hiso | about.
he/him fr+14
ov,fkmvrkmg recently ive been staring at skin: vandag in my hoard wondering about making a gijinka concept from it but couldnt come up with anything :saluting_face: i like this fish .. pass the yaoi[emoji=ping size=1]
ov,fkmvrkmg recently ive been staring at skin: vandag in my hoard wondering about making a gijinka concept from it but couldnt come up with anything :saluting_face: i like this fish .. pass the yaoi
x x my name is afri!
they/she FRT+0 ENG/JP
» about me » toyhouse
» commission directory
x x x art by Dovalore #82790. image links to character's toyhouse profile!
oh yeah i feel you with the style limitations, there's absolutely characters i'd love to have or at least designs i'd love to try drawing but i have a pretty low skill ceiling so i just draw cute things.

deep sea isopod save me... deep sea ispod. imaging a really elegant character standing thousands of feet underwater in the ooze is a really good mental picture lol.
oh yeah i feel you with the style limitations, there's absolutely characters i'd love to have or at least designs i'd love to try drawing but i have a pretty low skill ceiling so i just draw cute things.

deep sea isopod save me... deep sea ispod. imaging a really elegant character standing thousands of feet underwater in the ooze is a really good mental picture lol.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@XXVeil pass the yaoi...:glasses clinking: admittedly i did like 80% of the design work in the middle of class which i should not have been doing so some parts are a little scattered like the clothing patterns but i'll polish it up when i have time.

and thank you... it's been lying in my hoard for a while but lately i got into a pairing with dark blue + soft latte pink as major parts of their color scheme and i already have a dragon that fits vandag + a dragon that fits the latter color scheme so i just went to work from there haha T v T
@XXVeil pass the yaoi...:glasses clinking: admittedly i did like 80% of the design work in the middle of class which i should not have been doing so some parts are a little scattered like the clothing patterns but i'll polish it up when i have time.

and thank you... it's been lying in my hoard for a while but lately i got into a pairing with dark blue + soft latte pink as major parts of their color scheme and i already have a dragon that fits vandag + a dragon that fits the latter color scheme so i just went to work from there haha T v T
... hiso | about.
he/him fr+14
(handshake) i can relate, i partially did the two of my most recent designs in class with my ipad brightness turned down all the way which made the colors look kind of horrible until i was able to finish them at home dfgfjkd u_u)9 BUT AHH what a pretty dragon omg?! that myrid+stained combo is amazing.. good luck with working on the other design!! [emoji=special eyes size=1]
(handshake) i can relate, i partially did the two of my most recent designs in class with my ipad brightness turned down all the way which made the colors look kind of horrible until i was able to finish them at home dfgfjkd u_u)9

BUT AHH what a pretty dragon omg?! that myrid+stained combo is amazing.. good luck with working on the other design!!
x x my name is afri!
they/she FRT+0 ENG/JP
» about me » toyhouse
» commission directory
x x x art by Dovalore #82790. image links to character's toyhouse profile!
[center]@pinglist-27438 girlfriend update. a voice beckoned me to finish her up before the end of lesbian visibility week [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/81243006_WlR0W6zbHVGtXxb.png?1714285334.png[/img] [url=https://toyhou.se/27001679.yua]yua[/url]... fun fact this design was actually made prior to her girlfriend's design but something felt off so i put it on hold until now. i also may or may not have pulled a horrible all-nighter in order to design him (i began work at around 12:30AM and it's now 06:00AM...) but the design came out gorgeous so who am i to complain. i went for some sort of maid + bridal theme and i think they're both conveyed pretty well :9 also kept the clothing patterns simple this time round.[/center]
@( art log updates

girlfriend update. a voice beckoned me to finish her up before the end of lesbian visibility week
81243006_WlR0W6zbHVGtXxb.png?1714285334.png
yua... fun fact this design was actually made prior to her girlfriend's design but something felt off so i put it on hold until now. i also may or may not have pulled a horrible all-nighter in order to design him (i began work at around 12:30AM and it's now 06:00AM...) but the design came out gorgeous so who am i to complain.

i went for some sort of maid + bridal theme and i think they're both conveyed pretty well :9 also kept the clothing patterns simple this time round.
... hiso | about.
he/him fr+14
[center]*important [img]https://file.garden/ZXAS_DBJky9JVrPj/Untitled1703_20240428152508.png[/img][/center]
*important
Untitled1703_20240428152508.png
... hiso | about.
he/him fr+14
1 2