Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Nature Elementals Council Dragon Project
[size=6][b]ShinySylveons's Nature Elementals Council Project[/b][/size] I’m getting a little bored with Flight Rising after playing for six years now so I’m giving myself a potentially years-long project to work on since setting goals for myself is clearly the only way I can function /s [size=5][b]The idea:[/b][/size] Everyone and their mom does flight reps in their clans, right? [s](Let me go check my mom's dragons—)[/s] Instead of the usual themed flight rep project, I want to do a Nature “council” of sorts with representatives that are a cross of Nature and another element. The challenge is to find a way to incorporate themes and colors from the other elemental flights into nature and either buy or breed the eleven (or more!) dragons I need to complete my council. Seems easy enough. [size=2]I’m not ready to struggle to find non-matchy dragon colors.[/size] [size=5][b]Rules for myself:[/b][/size] 1. The chosen theme for each dragon must be obtained without the use of skins, accents, or apparel. 2. No repeat dragon breeds. Each element has its own unique dragon breed associated with it. 3. Each element must use a dragon that originates from that element. Ex. Aether or Fae for Arcane, Coatl or Banescale for Fire, etc. 4. Elements with Ancient breeds must use their associated Ancient. Modern breeds may be incorporated after the first eleven dragons are obtained. [size=5][b]Themes for each element so far:[/b][/size] [b]Nature[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: overgrown jungle, choking vines and leaves [*]Colors: warm greens and browns [*]Dragon: Auraboa [/list] [b]Plague[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: rotting/decaying trees, fungi, scavenging insects [*]Colors: reds, oranges, muted browns, yellow-greens [*]Dragon: Aberration [/list] [b]Arcane[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: apothecary, kitchen witch, dried herbs and flowers, crystallized plants, resins, extracts [*]Colors: purples, pinks, mint, teal, pale green [*]Dragon: Aether [/list] [b]Wind[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: bamboo grove, wind-burnt greenery, bowing reeds and fronds [*]Colors: pale greens, yellow-greens, cream, oranges [*]Dragon: Skydancer? [/list] [b]Fire[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: wildfire, new growth after a forest fire, charred tree bark [*]Colors: deep reds, oranges, dark browns, black, hints of dark green [*]Dragon: Banescale [/list] [b]Water[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: kelp forest, algae blooms, coral reef protected by seagrass [*]Colors: warm dark blues, teals, blue-greens, medium blues, hints of other bright colors [*]Dragon: Undertide [/list] [b]Ice[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: tundra, evergreens, spring growth peeking through snowmelt [*]Colors: white, dark brown, cool dark greens, pops of red, pastel blue [*]Dragon: Gaoler [/list] [b]Light[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: morning light shining through trees, sun-worshipping flowers, sun-bleached greenery [*]Colors: cream, white, pale yellows, pale greens, golds [*]Dragon: Imperial? [/list] [b]Earth[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: moss and lichen on rocks, plants growing in fissures [*]Colors: dark greens, tans, beiges, browns, warm greys [*]Dragon: Obelisk [/list] [b]Lightning[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: corroded metals, reclaimed machinery, solarpunk, glass terrarium [*]Colors: teal, mint, bronze, brown, copper [*]Dragon: Sandsurge [/list] [b]Shadow[/b] [list] [*]Keywords: bioluminescent fungi, misty moonlit forest, fireflies [*]Colors: black, purples, dark cool greens, greys [*]Dragon: Veilspun [/list] Maybe I'll go back and add some inspirational photos to each section but for now, this will have to do. Wish me luck!
ShinySylveons's Nature Elementals Council Project

I’m getting a little bored with Flight Rising after playing for six years now so I’m giving myself a potentially years-long project to work on since setting goals for myself is clearly the only way I can function /s

The idea:
Everyone and their mom does flight reps in their clans, right? (Let me go check my mom's dragons—) Instead of the usual themed flight rep project, I want to do a Nature “council” of sorts with representatives that are a cross of Nature and another element. The challenge is to find a way to incorporate themes and colors from the other elemental flights into nature and either buy or breed the eleven (or more!) dragons I need to complete my council.

Seems easy enough.

I’m not ready to struggle to find non-matchy dragon colors.

Rules for myself:
1. The chosen theme for each dragon must be obtained without the use of skins, accents, or apparel.
2. No repeat dragon breeds. Each element has its own unique dragon breed associated with it.
3. Each element must use a dragon that originates from that element. Ex. Aether or Fae for Arcane, Coatl or Banescale for Fire, etc.
4. Elements with Ancient breeds must use their associated Ancient. Modern breeds may be incorporated after the first eleven dragons are obtained.

Themes for each element so far:

Nature
  • Keywords: overgrown jungle, choking vines and leaves
  • Colors: warm greens and browns
  • Dragon: Auraboa

Plague
  • Keywords: rotting/decaying trees, fungi, scavenging insects
  • Colors: reds, oranges, muted browns, yellow-greens
  • Dragon: Aberration

Arcane
  • Keywords: apothecary, kitchen witch, dried herbs and flowers, crystallized plants, resins, extracts
  • Colors: purples, pinks, mint, teal, pale green
  • Dragon: Aether

Wind
  • Keywords: bamboo grove, wind-burnt greenery, bowing reeds and fronds
  • Colors: pale greens, yellow-greens, cream, oranges
  • Dragon: Skydancer?

Fire
  • Keywords: wildfire, new growth after a forest fire, charred tree bark
  • Colors: deep reds, oranges, dark browns, black, hints of dark green
  • Dragon: Banescale

Water
  • Keywords: kelp forest, algae blooms, coral reef protected by seagrass
  • Colors: warm dark blues, teals, blue-greens, medium blues, hints of other bright colors
  • Dragon: Undertide

Ice
  • Keywords: tundra, evergreens, spring growth peeking through snowmelt
  • Colors: white, dark brown, cool dark greens, pops of red, pastel blue
  • Dragon: Gaoler

Light
  • Keywords: morning light shining through trees, sun-worshipping flowers, sun-bleached greenery
  • Colors: cream, white, pale yellows, pale greens, golds
  • Dragon: Imperial?

Earth
  • Keywords: moss and lichen on rocks, plants growing in fissures
  • Colors: dark greens, tans, beiges, browns, warm greys
  • Dragon: Obelisk

Lightning
  • Keywords: corroded metals, reclaimed machinery, solarpunk, glass terrarium
  • Colors: teal, mint, bronze, brown, copper
  • Dragon: Sandsurge

Shadow
  • Keywords: bioluminescent fungi, misty moonlit forest, fireflies
  • Colors: black, purples, dark cool greens, greys
  • Dragon: Veilspun

Maybe I'll go back and add some inspirational photos to each section but for now, this will have to do.
Wish me luck!
2mG19e1.png
[size=6]Current Scrys:[/size] [b]Nature[/b] TBD [b]Plague[/b] TBD [b]Arcane[/b] TBD [b]Wind[/b] TBD [b]Fire[/b] TBD [b]Water[/b] TBD [b]Ice[/b] TBD [b]Light[/b] TBD [b]Earth[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=103&winggene=110&wings=35&auth=a115c57625f97dc34fc7a84a0530fbc3e49ad029&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [morphology=2413964] Mossy rocks! Love the idea, ambivalent about the colors. [b]Lightning[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=194&winggene=195&wings=124&auth=4ebdaf06f5157bbb16c9cdf9b03e3b432090471d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [morphology=4337003] Leaning into the corroded metals vibe here. Not too sure how I feel about it though. [b]Shadow[/b] TBD
Current Scrys:
Nature
TBD

Plague
TBD

Arcane
TBD

Wind
TBD

Fire
TBD

Water
TBD

Ice
TBD

Light
TBD

Earth
dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=103&winggene=110&wings=35&auth=a115c57625f97dc34fc7a84a0530fbc3e49ad029&dummyext=prev.png
Mossy Obelisk

Mossy rocks! Love the idea, ambivalent about the colors.

Lightning
dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=194&winggene=195&wings=124&auth=4ebdaf06f5157bbb16c9cdf9b03e3b432090471d&dummyext=prev.png
Tarnished Ssurge (Lightning)

Leaning into the corroded metals vibe here. Not too sure how I feel about it though.

Shadow
TBD
2mG19e1.png
Dragons Completed:
Nature
TBD

Plague
TBD

Arcane
TBD

Wind
TBD

Fire
TBD

Water
TBD

Ice
TBD

Light
TBD

Earth
TBD

Lightning
TBD

Shadow
TBD
Dragons Completed:
Nature
TBD

Plague
TBD

Arcane
TBD

Wind
TBD

Fire
TBD

Water
TBD

Ice
TBD

Light
TBD

Earth
TBD

Lightning
TBD

Shadow
TBD
2mG19e1.png
I've been working on my first couple of scrys and I'm not 100% on them at the moment. Maybe I should've picked easier elements to start with? Lightning: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=194&winggene=195&wings=124&auth=4ebdaf06f5157bbb16c9cdf9b03e3b432090471d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Earth: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=103&winggene=110&wings=35&auth=a115c57625f97dc34fc7a84a0530fbc3e49ad029&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I've been working on my first couple of scrys and I'm not 100% on them at the moment. Maybe I should've picked easier elements to start with?

Lightning:
dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=207&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=194&winggene=195&wings=124&auth=4ebdaf06f5157bbb16c9cdf9b03e3b432090471d&dummyext=prev.png

Earth:
dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=103&winggene=110&wings=35&auth=a115c57625f97dc34fc7a84a0530fbc3e49ad029&dummyext=prev.png
2mG19e1.png