Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mahjong Fix: Shuffle Feature
I don't think I've seen this topic yet, but anyone else find it frustrating when shuffling the board gives you an unsolvable puzzle? I've had like 20 pairs left, gotten stuck, and when I shuffle the board it gives me a setup that only has ONE available match. And then it forces me to reshuffle again. It wastes so much time and happens so frequently, and there's gotta be a way to fix it.

I'm not saying we should never have to shuffle, but it shouldn't force you into reshuffling ten times and tanking your score. I know it doesn't change how much treasure you earn for each round but it is very frustrating.
I don't think I've seen this topic yet, but anyone else find it frustrating when shuffling the board gives you an unsolvable puzzle? I've had like 20 pairs left, gotten stuck, and when I shuffle the board it gives me a setup that only has ONE available match. And then it forces me to reshuffle again. It wastes so much time and happens so frequently, and there's gotta be a way to fix it.

I'm not saying we should never have to shuffle, but it shouldn't force you into reshuffling ten times and tanking your score. I know it doesn't change how much treasure you earn for each round but it is very frustrating.
I'd support a forced shuffle not deducting points, but due to the nature of these games there's just no way to make a definitely-solveable puzzle.
I'd support a forced shuffle not deducting points, but due to the nature of these games there's just no way to make a definitely-solveable puzzle.
I see no reason change anything. It is just another strategy aspect of playing. Shuffle not in moment you finelly stuck after mindless removing all available pairs but at moment when you saw it not solvable without shuffling. Keeping available pairs on place just to make pattern you shuffling has more chances being solved after shuffling.
I see no reason change anything. It is just another strategy aspect of playing. Shuffle not in moment you finelly stuck after mindless removing all available pairs but at moment when you saw it not solvable without shuffling. Keeping available pairs on place just to make pattern you shuffling has more chances being solved after shuffling.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
My issue isn't that the puzzles aren't definitively solvable or that you do have to shuffle in a lot of games, it's that when you do shuffle, the game frequently forces you to do so multiple times in a row because it only gives you one possible match. I could get behind shuffling not deducting points instead though if it isn't a fixable issue.
My issue isn't that the puzzles aren't definitively solvable or that you do have to shuffle in a lot of games, it's that when you do shuffle, the game frequently forces you to do so multiple times in a row because it only gives you one possible match. I could get behind shuffling not deducting points instead though if it isn't a fixable issue.
[quote name="Ais" date="2023-09-08 13:20:46" ] I'd support a forced shuffle not deducting points, but due to the nature of these games there's just no way to make a definitely-solveable puzzle. [/quote] this but also, yes. fr's mahjong tile placing is... not good. I played a lot of mahjong as kid and none felt like this. I would understand if it is my mistake - that board can be solved in specific way with no shuffle, but this is not a case here. NOW.... those games were specificly mahjong and put way more into it, I understand that some side game wouldn't be at that level and I dint know what it goes into coding such game... but it is frustrating when you have 10 pairs left and you need to shuffle each and lose points because game didn't do it right I get it that fixing it might be tricky, but at least remove point loss when I am forced to shuffle. it isn't me picking wrong pair, it is board not being set well I am on phone so cant sketch it how it can look, but amount of times shuffle shuffled to IMPOSSIBLE to solve.... uhhhhh
Ais wrote on 2023-09-08 13:20:46:

this

but also, yes. fr's mahjong tile placing is... not good. I played a lot of mahjong as kid and none felt like this. I would understand if it is my mistake - that board can be solved in specific way with no shuffle, but this is not a case here. NOW.... those games were specificly mahjong and put way more into it, I understand that some side game wouldn't be at that level and I dint know what it goes into coding such game... but it is frustrating when you have 10 pairs left and you need to shuffle each and lose points because game didn't do it right

I get it that fixing it might be tricky, but at least remove point loss when I am forced to shuffle. it isn't me picking wrong pair, it is board not being set well

I am on phone so cant sketch it how it can look, but amount of times shuffle shuffled to IMPOSSIBLE to solve.... uhhhhh
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif