Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hybrid theory~
So I've been playing this for a lil while and I absolutely love it! However one things really bugs me~
Why don't we get hybrid Dragons? I would have thought that would have been the whole point of the game?
I get Ancient Dragons and why they should stay exclusive to themselves, but if I'm breeding a Skydancer and a Guardian, I feel I should get a hybrid of the two, even if it's like a 50/40% chance to get one. I think this would add a whole other dynamic to the game, even if you can't sell or trade them.
Idk, food for thought I guess!
So I've been playing this for a lil while and I absolutely love it! However one things really bugs me~
Why don't we get hybrid Dragons? I would have thought that would have been the whole point of the game?
I get Ancient Dragons and why they should stay exclusive to themselves, but if I'm breeding a Skydancer and a Guardian, I feel I should get a hybrid of the two, even if it's like a 50/40% chance to get one. I think this would add a whole other dynamic to the game, even if you can't sell or trade them.
Idk, food for thought I guess!
27, fantasy writer, good vibes 👌

If I cannot do great things, I will do small things in great ways
The reason why we won't be getting any hybrids is because of how much it would take to make one: all modern genes, all the apparel... it would be like creating a completely new breed. And I rather just have a fully unique new breed than a mix of two existing ones.

Perhaps in lore, a new breed could potentially be a hybrid, but mechanically... not.
The reason why we won't be getting any hybrids is because of how much it would take to make one: all modern genes, all the apparel... it would be like creating a completely new breed. And I rather just have a fully unique new breed than a mix of two existing ones.

Perhaps in lore, a new breed could potentially be a hybrid, but mechanically... not.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
Hmm yeah, it would be like dropping an expansion worth 5 in 1.
Oh well, still~ lore wise would be quiet a nice idea, Especially between two different species that are "similar" to a certain degree.
Hmm yeah, it would be like dropping an expansion worth 5 in 1.
Oh well, still~ lore wise would be quiet a nice idea, Especially between two different species that are "similar" to a certain degree.

And then, you breed hybrids of the hybrids, and you get hybrid squared.

You breed hybrids of the hybrids squared, and you get hybrids cubed.

Because it would literally never end.
And then, you breed hybrids of the hybrids, and you get hybrid squared.

You breed hybrids of the hybrids squared, and you get hybrids cubed.

Because it would literally never end.
I don't think going that far would add fun to the game as whole:c Having squared/cubed would be stressful as all hell.
But I see your point!
I don't think going that far would add fun to the game as whole:c Having squared/cubed would be stressful as all hell.
But I see your point!

There was a suggestion for apparel that looks like breed-related body modifications (e.g. Imperial's antlers and whiskers, Skydancer's forehead gem with antennae, and so on). I think it would be a better compromise to hybrids than literally dozens of secondary hybrid breeds that would take just as much time and effort to release as any other modern breed, but wouldn't even deliver on something truly original.

For context, Nocturnes & Coatls released in 2014, Bogsneaks released in 2016, Obelisks released in 2021. The time required to release a modern breed grows exponentially due to the ever-growing database of apparel that has to be drawn for each pose. I don't think hybrids-as-proper-breeds are feasible at this point.
There was a suggestion for apparel that looks like breed-related body modifications (e.g. Imperial's antlers and whiskers, Skydancer's forehead gem with antennae, and so on). I think it would be a better compromise to hybrids than literally dozens of secondary hybrid breeds that would take just as much time and effort to release as any other modern breed, but wouldn't even deliver on something truly original.

For context, Nocturnes & Coatls released in 2014, Bogsneaks released in 2016, Obelisks released in 2021. The time required to release a modern breed grows exponentially due to the ever-growing database of apparel that has to be drawn for each pose. I don't think hybrids-as-proper-breeds are feasible at this point.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
Oh yeah I totally see that!
The apparel idea/suggestion would be an amazing compromise tbf, and would probably open up more options than adding hybrids in of its self.

Yeah, that's totally fair. Especially when it comes to adding events and other stuff to keep the game going. Definitely leaning on the apparel idea though, I'm loving thinking about that and it's possible combinations.
Oh yeah I totally see that!
The apparel idea/suggestion would be an amazing compromise tbf, and would probably open up more options than adding hybrids in of its self.

Yeah, that's totally fair. Especially when it comes to adding events and other stuff to keep the game going. Definitely leaning on the apparel idea though, I'm loving thinking about that and it's possible combinations.

Yeah, as interesting as hybrids might be, they would be really unfeasible with the way that FR is set up. I also feel that it would cause a lot of people to be upset when the 'official' hybrids don't match what they would like that particular hybrid to look like, or someone has a hybrid character in their lore, but don't like the official hybrid looks and so on.

The breed characteristic Apparel suggestion should be in my signature, and I feel that it is better suited for both hybrids and helping to further make dragons 'unique' by allowing users to give a white imperial a black mane (as an example) without the use of a gene or accent.
Yeah, as interesting as hybrids might be, they would be really unfeasible with the way that FR is set up. I also feel that it would cause a lot of people to be upset when the 'official' hybrids don't match what they would like that particular hybrid to look like, or someone has a hybrid character in their lore, but don't like the official hybrid looks and so on.

The breed characteristic Apparel suggestion should be in my signature, and I feel that it is better suited for both hybrids and helping to further make dragons 'unique' by allowing users to give a white imperial a black mane (as an example) without the use of a gene or accent.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I have been thinking that honestly, as my idea of what a Guardian/Skydancer hybrid looks like might be totally different to what other people think it should look like, ect.

Characteristic apparel is definitely the answer I've been the most happy with! There's horns and stuff already in the game (like the antlers from the event) but it would be cool to see a Skydancer with Tundra like 'features' and so on. Fingers crossed, eh?
I have been thinking that honestly, as my idea of what a Guardian/Skydancer hybrid looks like might be totally different to what other people think it should look like, ect.

Characteristic apparel is definitely the answer I've been the most happy with! There's horns and stuff already in the game (like the antlers from the event) but it would be cool to see a Skydancer with Tundra like 'features' and so on. Fingers crossed, eh?