Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Help on Commission Pricing
Hello, I'm kinda new to pricing things on here, but I plan on starting commissions soon. Does anyone know the general pricing when it comes to Gems to USD/USD to gems?

For example $10 but someone decided to pay with gems instead. Like how much would it be for $10?
Hello, I'm kinda new to pricing things on here, but I plan on starting commissions soon. Does anyone know the general pricing when it comes to Gems to USD/USD to gems?

For example $10 but someone decided to pay with gems instead. Like how much would it be for $10?
It would be 1000g
It would be 1000g
[quote name="Dalvmai" date="2022-07-01 11:59:35" ] It would be 1000g [/quote] Tyvm, so I'm assuming that'd mean $20=2k gems, $30=3k gems, etc?
Dalvmai wrote on 2022-07-01 11:59:35:
It would be 1000g
Tyvm, so I'm assuming that'd mean $20=2k gems, $30=3k gems, etc?
Yeah, the standard rate is 1USD=100g=100kt
[quote name="coffeecupid" date="2022-07-01 12:07:13" ] Yeah, the standard rate is 1USD=100g=100kt [/quote] Tysm, it's just been awhile since I checked things out with commissions on here.
coffeecupid wrote on 2022-07-01 12:07:13:
Tysm, it's just been awhile since I checked things out with commissions on here.
If you go to the "Purchase Gems" tab under the Shop section on the left menu, you can see what the gems cost in RLC.

Base conversion is 1 gem = 1 penny, BUT the more you buy, the cheaper they are. So if someone bought gems in bulk, they'd be worth less than a penny each.

For example, if you were charging $20 or 2kgems for a piece of art, someone could either pay you the $20 or, pay the site $20 and get 2150 gems, pay you the 2k and have another $1.50/150g left over. This means it's actually cheaper to pay in gems than money, so it incentivizes buyers to go that route, and give the real money they were prepared to spend to the site instead of to you.

I would suggest charging *slightly* more in gem than in RLC so you're not inadvertently penalizing people who pay in real money and discouraging people from paying you in a form you can use outside the site.
If you go to the "Purchase Gems" tab under the Shop section on the left menu, you can see what the gems cost in RLC.

Base conversion is 1 gem = 1 penny, BUT the more you buy, the cheaper they are. So if someone bought gems in bulk, they'd be worth less than a penny each.

For example, if you were charging $20 or 2kgems for a piece of art, someone could either pay you the $20 or, pay the site $20 and get 2150 gems, pay you the 2k and have another $1.50/150g left over. This means it's actually cheaper to pay in gems than money, so it incentivizes buyers to go that route, and give the real money they were prepared to spend to the site instead of to you.

I would suggest charging *slightly* more in gem than in RLC so you're not inadvertently penalizing people who pay in real money and discouraging people from paying you in a form you can use outside the site.
6XMuGr3.pngDnM80v8.png
[quote name="OctoberRainstorm" date="2022-07-01 19:52:33" ] If you go to the "Purchase Gems" tab under the Shop section on the left menu, you can see what the gems cost in RLC. Base conversion is 1 gem = 1 penny, BUT the more you buy, the cheaper they are. So if someone bought gems in bulk, they'd be worth less than a penny each. For example, if you were charging $20 or 2kgems for a piece of art, someone could either pay you the $20 or, pay the site $20 and get 2150 gems, pay you the 2k and have another $1.50/150g left over. This means it's actually cheaper to pay in gems than money, so it incentivizes buyers to go that route, and give the real money they were prepared to spend to the site instead of to you. I would suggest charging *slightly* more in gem than in RLC so you're not inadvertently penalizing people who pay in real money and discouraging people from paying you in a form you can use outside the site. [/quote] Ahh, yeah, I was actually thinking of this yesterday tbh. It does sound like a better idea since I would like to try and make at least some USD with art on here and not just gems. Thank you for telling me this it really helps me a lot with setting a good price on things.
OctoberRainstorm wrote on 2022-07-01 19:52:33:

Ahh, yeah, I was actually thinking of this yesterday tbh. It does sound like a better idea since I would like to try and make at least some USD with art on here and not just gems. Thank you for telling me this it really helps me a lot with setting a good price on things.