Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Questions from a returning, noob player
Hi everyone, don't be deceived by my account age. I'm actually relatively inexperienced in Flight Rising, and my short bursts of activity over a really long time have left me with lots of questions, and it feels like many of the answers are scattered in every which way, leaving me with the task of finding them, and the even greater task of finding info that isn't outdated. So I thought it'd be easier to ask people here.

- Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of drops that Coliseum, Pinkerton, Gathering, etc. can give? Have people tested to find out % rarities or do we only have a vague estimate?

- Speaking of, what are some items that are particularly rare/valuable on the site that I should watch out for? I'm familiar with Sprites, and anything from the Kickstarter or beta test, but are there any other items/dragons that I should take note of that aren't as obviously rare or in demand?

- For a newbie, what is the best Coliseum team to make money/raise up weaker dragons with relative flexibility? I keep seeing terms like 'Mire Flier' tossed around in guides but I'm not sure what the benefits of one venue over another really are, and I'd ideally like to be able to run everything decently even if it means sacrificing a little bit of efficiency. I'm still quite fresh in terms of progress on my account and being able to be self-sufficient is important for me so I can save up treasure and gems. If anyone has some links to good teams then I'd be very appreciative, I have dragons ready to be statted and stoned but no clue what to do with them.

- Any Flight Rising common courtesy/manners I should be aware of when interacting with others? I always worry I'm going to accidentally offend someone...

- And finally, how active are the forums vs. Discord communities?

That's pretty much it at least for now, if someone can answer even just one of them I'd be super grateful!
Hi everyone, don't be deceived by my account age. I'm actually relatively inexperienced in Flight Rising, and my short bursts of activity over a really long time have left me with lots of questions, and it feels like many of the answers are scattered in every which way, leaving me with the task of finding them, and the even greater task of finding info that isn't outdated. So I thought it'd be easier to ask people here.

- Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of drops that Coliseum, Pinkerton, Gathering, etc. can give? Have people tested to find out % rarities or do we only have a vague estimate?

- Speaking of, what are some items that are particularly rare/valuable on the site that I should watch out for? I'm familiar with Sprites, and anything from the Kickstarter or beta test, but are there any other items/dragons that I should take note of that aren't as obviously rare or in demand?

- For a newbie, what is the best Coliseum team to make money/raise up weaker dragons with relative flexibility? I keep seeing terms like 'Mire Flier' tossed around in guides but I'm not sure what the benefits of one venue over another really are, and I'd ideally like to be able to run everything decently even if it means sacrificing a little bit of efficiency. I'm still quite fresh in terms of progress on my account and being able to be self-sufficient is important for me so I can save up treasure and gems. If anyone has some links to good teams then I'd be very appreciative, I have dragons ready to be statted and stoned but no clue what to do with them.

- Any Flight Rising common courtesy/manners I should be aware of when interacting with others? I always worry I'm going to accidentally offend someone...

- And finally, how active are the forums vs. Discord communities?

That's pretty much it at least for now, if someone can answer even just one of them I'd be super grateful!
KVbkgOZ.png
@Lucarii I can link you to a couple of Coli guides that I use!

Maki’s Battle Stone Guide (Check page 14 for specific team builds): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/1

Kasael’s Mire Monk Guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2499369#post_2499369

Maki’s Coliseum Loot & Monsters Guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1419000
@Lucarii I can link you to a couple of Coli guides that I use!

Maki’s Battle Stone Guide (Check page 14 for specific team builds): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/1

Kasael’s Mire Monk Guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2499369#post_2499369

Maki’s Coliseum Loot & Monsters Guide: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1419000
shopbutton-resize-transparent.png
@Wishtags

Thank you very much! The Coli guides I found were a lot less comprehensive than this so this is a great help.
@Wishtags

Thank you very much! The Coli guides I found were a lot less comprehensive than this so this is a great help.
KVbkgOZ.png
@Lucarii

- Comprehensive list...

The inbuilt Game Database has all that information generally. It doesn't give # rarities unfortunately.

- Particularly rare...

If you go into your hoard, you might notice some items have colored highlights at the bottom of their slot. These items are used for other features on the site and (might) be valuable.

For some reason people sometimes get really into the ID number of a dragon, so if your dragon's ID number has a neat repeating pattern they might be extra valuable. Or, if someone messages you wanting to buy a dragon out of the blue with no explanation as to why, maybe check the ID number.

- Best coli...

Seconding Maki's builds. ...Glad to see my mire monk guide is getting some use......

- Common courtesy...

You already know how pinging works, so that's great!

Sometimes people prefer dragons in their dragon's offspring list to have names before they are exalted. If you do, then you should name dragons you hatch before you sell them. That way there is a 0% chance that somebody forgets to name them. Most people don't mind buying a scroll of renaming for a dragon they want to keep, either.

It's also nice to name dragons you buy before exalting, but again, nobody can force you to do so. Once a dragon is in someone's lair (or your lair) you can do whatever.

If you're messaging someone thinking about buying a dragon, check the dragon's information or that person's profile to see if they have a note stating that that dragon (or their dragons in general) are not for sale.

- Forums vs Discord...

There are plenty of active people in general, all-flight subforums, but most in-flight community seems to be on discord.

I think that should be it, but other folks feel free to chime in.
@Lucarii

- Comprehensive list...

The inbuilt Game Database has all that information generally. It doesn't give # rarities unfortunately.

- Particularly rare...

If you go into your hoard, you might notice some items have colored highlights at the bottom of their slot. These items are used for other features on the site and (might) be valuable.

For some reason people sometimes get really into the ID number of a dragon, so if your dragon's ID number has a neat repeating pattern they might be extra valuable. Or, if someone messages you wanting to buy a dragon out of the blue with no explanation as to why, maybe check the ID number.

- Best coli...

Seconding Maki's builds. ...Glad to see my mire monk guide is getting some use......

- Common courtesy...

You already know how pinging works, so that's great!

Sometimes people prefer dragons in their dragon's offspring list to have names before they are exalted. If you do, then you should name dragons you hatch before you sell them. That way there is a 0% chance that somebody forgets to name them. Most people don't mind buying a scroll of renaming for a dragon they want to keep, either.

It's also nice to name dragons you buy before exalting, but again, nobody can force you to do so. Once a dragon is in someone's lair (or your lair) you can do whatever.

If you're messaging someone thinking about buying a dragon, check the dragon's information or that person's profile to see if they have a note stating that that dragon (or their dragons in general) are not for sale.

- Forums vs Discord...

There are plenty of active people in general, all-flight subforums, but most in-flight community seems to be on discord.

I think that should be it, but other folks feel free to chime in.