Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Quick Suggestion - Ages
I don't know how annoying this would be to implement due to how often the age system is used in the site, but it's always boggled me as to why the aging system goes " Hatchling -> Dragon". I'm very slow when it comes to processing information, and I'll be honest when I say this could just be a me problem...

How hard would it be to change " Dragon" to " Adult"? This is a very small change I'd like to see, and I honestly wouldn't be disappointed if it never happened - I just figured I'd bring it up.
I don't know how annoying this would be to implement due to how often the age system is used in the site, but it's always boggled me as to why the aging system goes " Hatchling -> Dragon". I'm very slow when it comes to processing information, and I'll be honest when I say this could just be a me problem...

How hard would it be to change " Dragon" to " Adult"? This is a very small change I'd like to see, and I honestly wouldn't be disappointed if it never happened - I just figured I'd bring it up.
well..."dragon" is the adult for dragons? like, i see where you're coming from as adult humans are not just called "human", but many dragon-centered stories usually use dragonet -> dragon. fr just opted for hatchling instead.
support, i guess? i don't think anyone is confused by it, your dragon goes from looking like a baby to not looking like a baby. but i can see where its bothersome.

also, your username is gold.
well..."dragon" is the adult for dragons? like, i see where you're coming from as adult humans are not just called "human", but many dragon-centered stories usually use dragonet -> dragon. fr just opted for hatchling instead.
support, i guess? i don't think anyone is confused by it, your dragon goes from looking like a baby to not looking like a baby. but i can see where its bothersome.

also, your username is gold.
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
No I definitely have trouble with this sometimes, since I can also be a bit slow to process written words. At a glance, before consciously registering the info, "dragon" in a list of ages, on a website that is FULL of the word "dragon" used as a primary species identifier rather than a reference to age, is not very immediately intuitive. I still to this day misclick while scrying or have to pause to think about it before I switch to the adult view.

Not a huge deal but you aren't alone lol. I would support this big time. Its just a bit annoying.
No I definitely have trouble with this sometimes, since I can also be a bit slow to process written words. At a glance, before consciously registering the info, "dragon" in a list of ages, on a website that is FULL of the word "dragon" used as a primary species identifier rather than a reference to age, is not very immediately intuitive. I still to this day misclick while scrying or have to pause to think about it before I switch to the adult view.

Not a huge deal but you aren't alone lol. I would support this big time. Its just a bit annoying.
RU_SMALL.gif