Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stardew Valley
1 2
There's been about two threads about Stardew Valley but they all seem to die out/be forgotten/the op disappears, I haven't found an official hub for stardew yet but I understand if this is removed because "stardew valley talk" already exists but the last post was at the start of september

But if this is fine, let's ramble about the calming game that is very stressful sometimes!!!!!! [fishing minigame I'm looking at you]
Favorite npc? Favorite bachelor/bachelorette? Proffit guides? Luckiest finds?
There's been about two threads about Stardew Valley but they all seem to die out/be forgotten/the op disappears, I haven't found an official hub for stardew yet but I understand if this is removed because "stardew valley talk" already exists but the last post was at the start of september

But if this is fine, let's ramble about the calming game that is very stressful sometimes!!!!!! [fishing minigame I'm looking at you]
Favorite npc? Favorite bachelor/bachelorette? Proffit guides? Luckiest finds?
Hello! 0/

Currently on a break from SV, but I have hundreds of hours of playtime! Still haven't finished the most recent "DLC", but I'm enjoying it so far!

I love fishing in SV! But I do agree that sometimes it's very stressful! *looking at you lingcod >.>*

Favourite npc... I'd say Linus, Krobus, Willy and Marlon! But I like most of them!

My first pick for bachelor when I started to play was Elliot... On other playthroughs I tried to go with Seb and Sam, but... I always go back to Elliot, I just love him so much <3

I don't really play much for min maxing, as I think that takes away the fun from me, but what gives good money when starting is to turn eggs into mayo. Then you go for cows and goats and start making cheese. Hold onto that cheese until you have the basement built and then start aging it! Sells like crazy and the aging time is really fast (15 days I think).
You can also use hops to brew pale ale and age that aswell! Wait until you get the greenhouse (or use the DLC area) to plant ancient fruit and make wine out of that to age.

I've been super lucky with drops... Prismatic Shards, Dino eggs, ancient seeds. Also had rare events, like the meteor, the owl statue and the alien capsule thingie :o
Hello! 0/

Currently on a break from SV, but I have hundreds of hours of playtime! Still haven't finished the most recent "DLC", but I'm enjoying it so far!

I love fishing in SV! But I do agree that sometimes it's very stressful! *looking at you lingcod >.>*

Favourite npc... I'd say Linus, Krobus, Willy and Marlon! But I like most of them!

My first pick for bachelor when I started to play was Elliot... On other playthroughs I tried to go with Seb and Sam, but... I always go back to Elliot, I just love him so much <3

I don't really play much for min maxing, as I think that takes away the fun from me, but what gives good money when starting is to turn eggs into mayo. Then you go for cows and goats and start making cheese. Hold onto that cheese until you have the basement built and then start aging it! Sells like crazy and the aging time is really fast (15 days I think).
You can also use hops to brew pale ale and age that aswell! Wait until you get the greenhouse (or use the DLC area) to plant ancient fruit and make wine out of that to age.

I've been super lucky with drops... Prismatic Shards, Dino eggs, ancient seeds. Also had rare events, like the meteor, the owl statue and the alien capsule thingie :o
[quote name="ops" date="2021-10-11 11:41:59" ] (I'm still really early in the game cause I keep hopping from file to file cause it's fun to play the start) [/quote] Oh how I get this LOL, that's why I never really finished a game of SV xD Just a heads up! =0 If you buy the catalogues, you won't pay for furniture anymore! So, unless you enjoy to play slowly and buy one thing at a time whenever you have money to spare (I like to play like that sometimes <3), I suggest saving for those! ^^ Robin sells the furniture one and Pierre the wallpapers and floors! :D I actually never really did pickles with the intention of selling! I use pickles and jams to gift people :D Does it give good money?
ops wrote on 2021-10-11 11:41:59:
(I'm still really early in the game cause I keep hopping from file to file cause it's fun to play the start)

Oh how I get this LOL, that's why I never really finished a game of SV xD

Just a heads up! =0 If you buy the catalogues, you won't pay for furniture anymore! So, unless you enjoy to play slowly and buy one thing at a time whenever you have money to spare (I like to play like that sometimes <3), I suggest saving for those! ^^ Robin sells the furniture one and Pierre the wallpapers and floors! :D

I actually never really did pickles with the intention of selling! I use pickles and jams to gift people :D Does it give good money?
Iridium quality pumpkin sells for 640G (or 704G if you have the profession skill of it!). I usually just sell the gold and silver pumpkins and be done with it (I keep the no quality ones for cooking and stuff :D).

Yeah, I only found about the catalogues this last playthrough. I only did it after I got the basement unlocked, since I had tons of cheese to age there and made quite a profit! But yeah, I also love to check the stores for new decorations and wait for the annual festivals to buy some limited ones aswell!

Also, fish ponds! Get their roe and throw it in the jam keg thingies! They also sell very good ^^
Iridium quality pumpkin sells for 640G (or 704G if you have the profession skill of it!). I usually just sell the gold and silver pumpkins and be done with it (I keep the no quality ones for cooking and stuff :D).

Yeah, I only found about the catalogues this last playthrough. I only did it after I got the basement unlocked, since I had tons of cheese to age there and made quite a profit! But yeah, I also love to check the stores for new decorations and wait for the annual festivals to buy some limited ones aswell!

Also, fish ponds! Get their roe and throw it in the jam keg thingies! They also sell very good ^^
Hi hi! I haven't played in a while(before the island update) but I definitely spent a lot of time with the game! I love the fishing minigame, I'm not incredible at it but I seem to love fishing minigames and SV's is no exception.

My favorite NPC, hmmm, I like Robin, Krobus, Gus, and Sandy!

Favorite Bachelorette is Abigail, I love her lots!! Haley's a pretty close second, I love them both. Bachelor-wise, Sebastian's always been my first pick. But all of the Marriage Candidates are pretty great!

I can't really help you with profit guides, I just plant stuff and sell it aha. I am very big on gifting though, and I had a whole chest dedicated to holding flowers that I'd give out!
Hi hi! I haven't played in a while(before the island update) but I definitely spent a lot of time with the game! I love the fishing minigame, I'm not incredible at it but I seem to love fishing minigames and SV's is no exception.

My favorite NPC, hmmm, I like Robin, Krobus, Gus, and Sandy!

Favorite Bachelorette is Abigail, I love her lots!! Haley's a pretty close second, I love them both. Bachelor-wise, Sebastian's always been my first pick. But all of the Marriage Candidates are pretty great!

I can't really help you with profit guides, I just plant stuff and sell it aha. I am very big on gifting though, and I had a whole chest dedicated to holding flowers that I'd give out!
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
I only have it on my switch at the moment so I don't have any mods or anything like that but its one the games I play after I beat something else and need to cool down for a bit so I've been playing it on and off in week-long spurts and it's excellent! My farm is actually super small and overgrown since I ended up making most of my money via fishing (I got the iriduim rod within a couple weeks in-game lol) and my house is going to start drowning in aquariums soon. I'm also four or five years in without the community center done but I just wanna take my time on that.

Profit is basically whatever I found during the day, sometimes I clear out some things but I don't really make much in a day unless I decide to sell a good catch or I clear out truffles or something so I'm no help there lol

As for my luck, it's there! I've gotten a few events (Frog/owl statues and void eggs specifically) but I still don't have a prismatic shard, I'm hoping I can get one via fishponds soon because that seems to be my main source of any good fortune, that or I've had something cool drop on my farm and it landed in the chunk I don't touch because it's completely overgrown. (RIP the giant mushrooms I missed for nearly all of fall.)
I only have it on my switch at the moment so I don't have any mods or anything like that but its one the games I play after I beat something else and need to cool down for a bit so I've been playing it on and off in week-long spurts and it's excellent! My farm is actually super small and overgrown since I ended up making most of my money via fishing (I got the iriduim rod within a couple weeks in-game lol) and my house is going to start drowning in aquariums soon. I'm also four or five years in without the community center done but I just wanna take my time on that.

Profit is basically whatever I found during the day, sometimes I clear out some things but I don't really make much in a day unless I decide to sell a good catch or I clear out truffles or something so I'm no help there lol

As for my luck, it's there! I've gotten a few events (Frog/owl statues and void eggs specifically) but I still don't have a prismatic shard, I'm hoping I can get one via fishponds soon because that seems to be my main source of any good fortune, that or I've had something cool drop on my farm and it landed in the chunk I don't touch because it's completely overgrown. (RIP the giant mushrooms I missed for nearly all of fall.)
h1d7LhT.png
I started playing Stardew sometime this past year and I love it.
I make a lot of money from my animals mostly and my farm isn't the prettiest, but It's definitely a favorite.
I've had Sam as a hubby and recently managed to platonically marry Krobus, and now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the last things needed for the Joja bundle and stuff.... I'm also a bit stumped on the dungeon located in the desert. It takes so long to get there that I'm not sure how to make it far enough down before I have to come back up!
I started playing Stardew sometime this past year and I love it.
I make a lot of money from my animals mostly and my farm isn't the prettiest, but It's definitely a favorite.
I've had Sam as a hubby and recently managed to platonically marry Krobus, and now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the last things needed for the Joja bundle and stuff.... I'm also a bit stumped on the dungeon located in the desert. It takes so long to get there that I'm not sure how to make it far enough down before I have to come back up!
I used to play Stardew a ton, and at one point I got ambitious and decided to try the one-year community center challenge. (i.e. fully complete the community center in your first year)

That run was my pride and my downfall. x_x I succeeded with plenty of time to spare, completing the community center in the first week of winter, but in the process I burned out on the game VERY badly and haven't been able to pick it up since. Not even with multiplayer, not even with the Fern Islands update. Maybe one day... but for now, I'll vicariously live through others.
I used to play Stardew a ton, and at one point I got ambitious and decided to try the one-year community center challenge. (i.e. fully complete the community center in your first year)

That run was my pride and my downfall. x_x I succeeded with plenty of time to spare, completing the community center in the first week of winter, but in the process I burned out on the game VERY badly and haven't been able to pick it up since. Not even with multiplayer, not even with the Fern Islands update. Maybe one day... but for now, I'll vicariously live through others.
tumblr_p6peo3Swce1vv0exyo2_400.png
I love this game! I usually only play when I get annoyed with other games and jsut need to calm down, i have so many games, but the only ones ive gotten the farthest with was my very first game and my current one, my first one i got married (to Emily) and only had two updates of my house left, and i was having trouble getting enough money for the nursery and i jsut gave up, adn i didnt finish the community center.
My currrent game i was married to Abigail and adopted two kids (Piper and Percy, Riordanverse reference) but i divorced Abigail and married Sebastian instead, and i have all my updates of my house, and i am working on finishing the community center i only have one or two bundles left! So thats exciting for me i guess haha
I love this game! I usually only play when I get annoyed with other games and jsut need to calm down, i have so many games, but the only ones ive gotten the farthest with was my very first game and my current one, my first one i got married (to Emily) and only had two updates of my house left, and i was having trouble getting enough money for the nursery and i jsut gave up, adn i didnt finish the community center.
My currrent game i was married to Abigail and adopted two kids (Piper and Percy, Riordanverse reference) but i divorced Abigail and married Sebastian instead, and i have all my updates of my house, and i am working on finishing the community center i only have one or two bundles left! So thats exciting for me i guess haha
“With great power comes great need to take a nap.”-Nico Di Angelo, The Last Olympian
*screams* I’ve found my people
*screams* I’ve found my people
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png