Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | I'm New, ish...!
Hi! I'm a long time fan of virtual pet games and first created this account in 2018. At that time I found the game overwhelming and a little confusing and ended up quitting after only a couple of days. After hearing a lot of talk lately about how fun FR is I decided to give it another shot! This time I've been taking it slow and learning about one mechanic at a time, trying not to worry too much about doing everything optimally, and I'm really enjoying it!

IRL I'm a dog groomer and spend most of my time taking care of my pets - three dogs (two pit mixes and a miniature poodle I do creative grooming with), a cat, five ferrets, two birds, seven snakes, and a tegu. My hobbies are collecting Godzilla toys and My Little Ponies, playing World of Warcraft, and sometimes drawing.

I'd love to get into the whole lore thing and creating bios for my dragons, but it's been so long since I did anything like that that I'm finding it hard to know where to start!
Hi! I'm a long time fan of virtual pet games and first created this account in 2018. At that time I found the game overwhelming and a little confusing and ended up quitting after only a couple of days. After hearing a lot of talk lately about how fun FR is I decided to give it another shot! This time I've been taking it slow and learning about one mechanic at a time, trying not to worry too much about doing everything optimally, and I'm really enjoying it!

IRL I'm a dog groomer and spend most of my time taking care of my pets - three dogs (two pit mixes and a miniature poodle I do creative grooming with), a cat, five ferrets, two birds, seven snakes, and a tegu. My hobbies are collecting Godzilla toys and My Little Ponies, playing World of Warcraft, and sometimes drawing.

I'd love to get into the whole lore thing and creating bios for my dragons, but it's been so long since I did anything like that that I'm finding it hard to know where to start!
Hello @Yunya

I am FiikVul and today i speak on my own name

I'd like to welcome you, welcome back since this isn't your first go, and would like to also speak of a matter or two

I myself; am someone who finds crafting tales and stories very enjoyable, as well as reading the tales of others.

as such; i have developed my own ways and fashions to have some ideas, and would like to share with you how i do things

-first step is always deciding if you want to make lore that creates other things, or want to create lore by making things and then relating and connecting them to craft the overall lore. is always nice to have in mind how you are approaching a situation

-secondly is trying to think on a word or set of words that help you figure out what you are trying to do, for example, 'The Druid of the Swamps'. If you see a dragon and think on this word, eventually you'll probably see one that could fit the role by colors alone; and then further solidify it with the use of apparels, skins, and others. This works on world building as well, ''The Bloody Desert'', doesn't that give you an image for what sort of things could you find inside? what sort of tales you feel such a place could produce? that's the magic of using this type of process, at least for me.

There are of course many other things to use and try, but these two are my favorite ones.

And finally to add up everything and wrap it up, i'd like to indicate that being around here is mostly just, finding what it is that makes you keep going. Perhaps talking with others around the community? is a nice community, maybe just browsing pretty dragons? reading tales? art? other things? maybe even the grinding? approaches, is all about approaching the matter in a way that you find enjoyable.

Sorry that i rambled for so long, i find sharing my thoughts rather pleasant; but regardless, welcome back to FR and i hope you have a lot of fun this time around.
Hello @Yunya

I am FiikVul and today i speak on my own name

I'd like to welcome you, welcome back since this isn't your first go, and would like to also speak of a matter or two

I myself; am someone who finds crafting tales and stories very enjoyable, as well as reading the tales of others.

as such; i have developed my own ways and fashions to have some ideas, and would like to share with you how i do things

-first step is always deciding if you want to make lore that creates other things, or want to create lore by making things and then relating and connecting them to craft the overall lore. is always nice to have in mind how you are approaching a situation

-secondly is trying to think on a word or set of words that help you figure out what you are trying to do, for example, 'The Druid of the Swamps'. If you see a dragon and think on this word, eventually you'll probably see one that could fit the role by colors alone; and then further solidify it with the use of apparels, skins, and others. This works on world building as well, ''The Bloody Desert'', doesn't that give you an image for what sort of things could you find inside? what sort of tales you feel such a place could produce? that's the magic of using this type of process, at least for me.

There are of course many other things to use and try, but these two are my favorite ones.

And finally to add up everything and wrap it up, i'd like to indicate that being around here is mostly just, finding what it is that makes you keep going. Perhaps talking with others around the community? is a nice community, maybe just browsing pretty dragons? reading tales? art? other things? maybe even the grinding? approaches, is all about approaching the matter in a way that you find enjoyable.

Sorry that i rambled for so long, i find sharing my thoughts rather pleasant; but regardless, welcome back to FR and i hope you have a lot of fun this time around.
h0y2aUV.png FiikVul; Emissary of the Empress, Voice of the Traitor M6986NZ.png
Thank you @Fiikvul! Those are some great tips and gives me a lot to think on! I haven't done any type of writing or roleplay in so long, I appreciate the help. I checked out your profile and your dragons - wow!! The lore you created is so in depth and interesting and I enjoyed reading it. Very inspiring!

So far I've enjoyed just looking at people's dragons and dabbling in the Coliseum but there really is so much to do!
Thank you @Fiikvul! Those are some great tips and gives me a lot to think on! I haven't done any type of writing or roleplay in so long, I appreciate the help. I checked out your profile and your dragons - wow!! The lore you created is so in depth and interesting and I enjoyed reading it. Very inspiring!

So far I've enjoyed just looking at people's dragons and dabbling in the Coliseum but there really is so much to do!
@Yunya

i have done as i could with what i have made for the clans, the tales are ones that i am happy seeing , and sometimes i even modify and improve on them if the idea comes; there is always space for improvements after all

And yes, there is much to do, and since you are technically not all that versed with FR, i'd like to help you a bit more by offering you the following: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115/1

as you may or may not know, in the fairgrounds you can get up to 75000 treasure every day by doing minigames; this can be quite the grind unless you know this particular trick, which is simply farming 'glimmer and gloom'

that link is a guide for farming it, it can take barely a minute or two per round of glimmer and gloom once you get used to the method, so it results very useful to reduce how much you have to grind. Again, in case you didn't know.

for the rest there is a lot to see and know, but i always recommend trying to go around the forums and just, trying out stuff, speaking to others, exploring. The community around these lands is a great thing and trying to feel part of it is even more pleasant, to my preference at least.
@Yunya

i have done as i could with what i have made for the clans, the tales are ones that i am happy seeing , and sometimes i even modify and improve on them if the idea comes; there is always space for improvements after all

And yes, there is much to do, and since you are technically not all that versed with FR, i'd like to help you a bit more by offering you the following: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115/1

as you may or may not know, in the fairgrounds you can get up to 75000 treasure every day by doing minigames; this can be quite the grind unless you know this particular trick, which is simply farming 'glimmer and gloom'

that link is a guide for farming it, it can take barely a minute or two per round of glimmer and gloom once you get used to the method, so it results very useful to reduce how much you have to grind. Again, in case you didn't know.

for the rest there is a lot to see and know, but i always recommend trying to go around the forums and just, trying out stuff, speaking to others, exploring. The community around these lands is a great thing and trying to feel part of it is even more pleasant, to my preference at least.
h0y2aUV.png FiikVul; Emissary of the Empress, Voice of the Traitor M6986NZ.png