Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | can you 'pause' flight rising? any tips?
hi, not very knowledgeable on forum etiquette, so i hope this is posted in the right place, but i couldnt find an answer on the FAQs or in settings, so:

im about to get pretty busy and i want to step away from flight rising for a while - probably for a few months. i know i can just let my dragons starve or put as many of them into the hibernal den as possible, but if there was some sort of function to put your account on pause that i havent discovered, that would be preferable. hibernal den slots are a bit expensive, lol.

otherwise, does anyone have any experience on stepping away from flight rising/coming back?

thanks!
hi, not very knowledgeable on forum etiquette, so i hope this is posted in the right place, but i couldnt find an answer on the FAQs or in settings, so:

im about to get pretty busy and i want to step away from flight rising for a while - probably for a few months. i know i can just let my dragons starve or put as many of them into the hibernal den as possible, but if there was some sort of function to put your account on pause that i havent discovered, that would be preferable. hibernal den slots are a bit expensive, lol.

otherwise, does anyone have any experience on stepping away from flight rising/coming back?

thanks!
@porkwings if you don't log in at all for 45 (iirc) days, the site will top off your energy when you return, so denning your dragons wouldn't be necessary to conserve energy. you'll lose any well-fed bonus, though.
@porkwings if you don't log in at all for 45 (iirc) days, the site will top off your energy when you return, so denning your dragons wouldn't be necessary to conserve energy. you'll lose any well-fed bonus, though.
1dgHJ.gif
@Porkwings

I'll note that getting the energy top off really means logging off and not touching the site as far as I've seen, for the 45 days; I'd presume browsing the main page while logged out is fine, but I know log in sessions have been finicky (usually the problem is staying fully logged in though). If you have the time and energy, I'd recommend stockpiling enough food to be good to go when you return.

For feeding dragons, we do have the ability to feed individual dragons nowadays. If you're fine with using the Coliseum to get food, it's easier than ever to get going by starting with enough food for only your team of Coliseum grinders.

Other than that, there isn't much to pause on the site. The well fed bonus will expire, but that only affects a returning player for 3 days if they start feeding when returning.

Decide your opinion on festival stuff, because you'll probably miss one or more depending on the length of your break. With Galore taking over site gifts, it's possible you'll miss some gifts; following site social media makes it a weaker break but let you see what is going on.
@Porkwings

I'll note that getting the energy top off really means logging off and not touching the site as far as I've seen, for the 45 days; I'd presume browsing the main page while logged out is fine, but I know log in sessions have been finicky (usually the problem is staying fully logged in though). If you have the time and energy, I'd recommend stockpiling enough food to be good to go when you return.

For feeding dragons, we do have the ability to feed individual dragons nowadays. If you're fine with using the Coliseum to get food, it's easier than ever to get going by starting with enough food for only your team of Coliseum grinders.

Other than that, there isn't much to pause on the site. The well fed bonus will expire, but that only affects a returning player for 3 days if they start feeding when returning.

Decide your opinion on festival stuff, because you'll probably miss one or more depending on the length of your break. With Galore taking over site gifts, it's possible you'll miss some gifts; following site social media makes it a weaker break but let you see what is going on.
okay, thanks for the tips, makes me a bit less anxious about it :)

okay, thanks for the tips, makes me a bit less anxious about it :)

I have went for months at a time just logging in now and then to gather and it works fine by me. I come back to thousands of food points to convert to get everyone up and going again and a lot left over to last a while.
I have went for months at a time just logging in now and then to gather and it works fine by me. I come back to thousands of food points to convert to get everyone up and going again and a lot left over to last a while.
rUIwOcC.png
@porkwings

Additionally, there's really no mechanical punishment for letting your dragons "starve" other than a) losing your extra gathering turns until you get your den above 80% energy for 3 days and b) not being able to breed or coli with low-energy dragons. Your dragons will not be hurt at all--imagine it like the whole clan going into hibernation if you'd like.
@porkwings

Additionally, there's really no mechanical punishment for letting your dragons "starve" other than a) losing your extra gathering turns until you get your den above 80% energy for 3 days and b) not being able to breed or coli with low-energy dragons. Your dragons will not be hurt at all--imagine it like the whole clan going into hibernation if you'd like.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An