Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dinosaur Familiars
You know you want them...I mean, sure, Wildclaws already look like raptors but raptors aren't the only dinosaurs out there. There's like....a whole plethora of different dinosaurs to draw inspiration from.

I mean, we already got a few familiars based on prehistoric animals so...why not some based on the creatures that inspired the very concept of dragons in the first place.
You know you want them...I mean, sure, Wildclaws already look like raptors but raptors aren't the only dinosaurs out there. There's like....a whole plethora of different dinosaurs to draw inspiration from.

I mean, we already got a few familiars based on prehistoric animals so...why not some based on the creatures that inspired the very concept of dragons in the first place.
Yes! I need every dino, Bryonyx, Spinosaurus, Gigantosaurus, Alosaurus, etc.
<3
Yes! I need every dino, Bryonyx, Spinosaurus, Gigantosaurus, Alosaurus, etc.
<3
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
I'm not sure about this one. Will they be too similar to dragons in the end?
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I would LOVE THIS! It would open up a lot of lore possibilities..
I would LOVE THIS! It would open up a lot of lore possibilities..
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
[quote name="hat17" date="2020-02-13 10:18:25" ] I'm not sure about this one. Will they be too similar to dragons in the end? [/quote] I mean, we already have a bunch of pseudodraconic creatures in the bestiary. [item=hydra][item=umberhorn qiriq][item=firemane manticore][item=fuiran] Most broad-footed sauropods wouldn't be too close to dragons - theropods [I]might[/I], but they could easily be done in a way that doesn't tread too close to overt similarity. Even just keeping the art style different from how the dragons look will suffice.
hat17 wrote on 2020-02-13 10:18:25:
I mean, we already have a bunch of pseudodraconic creatures in the bestiary.

Hydra Umberhorn Qiriq Firemane Manticore Fuiran

Most broad-footed sauropods wouldn't be too close to dragons - theropods might, but they could easily be done in a way that doesn't tread too close to overt similarity. Even just keeping the art style different from how the dragons look will suffice.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
oh my god yes please

i want to have adorable dinosaur familiars :')
oh my god yes please

i want to have adorable dinosaur familiars :')
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
I’d love a whole dinosaur-themed Coli venue!
I’d love a whole dinosaur-themed Coli venue!
mkpoaHZ.png