Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | any cool jazz
( same as my last one. just adding it on here to see any more suggestions, etc.)
I'm falling back into those old habits of literally forgetting about this site. It's probably because of my schedule taking much of my time or the lack of motivation to come on, maybe a combination of both. Which is sad because when I heard about this site and knowing it was just dragons, I said, "well, heck ya'll that sounds rad because I love dragons from the bottom of my heart" (despite having such difficulty drawing them cries. How does one leg lol). I am trying to revive my old lair, but just having trouble. I guess you can say I still don't have a solid grasp of what I can do on FR, and if anyone has any suggestions that be rad. I'm just looking for something that I can go "heck yeah, I wanna do this every time I log onto FR."

Rip Idk if this makes any sense lol. I know the basic I'm just looking for... idk interaction? Cool stuff to do? Get a larger scope of what FR has to give and only not the surface we all know as basics like gathering, breeding, etc. etc.

I did think of commissions, but without a proper way of incorporating images on here because it never works properly or discord, that bridge has crashed and burned.

So bottom line if anyone idk can suggest some cool stuff to look into that be much appreciated! I need something of a distraction, and I'm forgetful in feeding my dragons and whatnot.
( same as my last one. just adding it on here to see any more suggestions, etc.)
I'm falling back into those old habits of literally forgetting about this site. It's probably because of my schedule taking much of my time or the lack of motivation to come on, maybe a combination of both. Which is sad because when I heard about this site and knowing it was just dragons, I said, "well, heck ya'll that sounds rad because I love dragons from the bottom of my heart" (despite having such difficulty drawing them cries. How does one leg lol). I am trying to revive my old lair, but just having trouble. I guess you can say I still don't have a solid grasp of what I can do on FR, and if anyone has any suggestions that be rad. I'm just looking for something that I can go "heck yeah, I wanna do this every time I log onto FR."

Rip Idk if this makes any sense lol. I know the basic I'm just looking for... idk interaction? Cool stuff to do? Get a larger scope of what FR has to give and only not the surface we all know as basics like gathering, breeding, etc. etc.

I did think of commissions, but without a proper way of incorporating images on here because it never works properly or discord, that bridge has crashed and burned.

So bottom line if anyone idk can suggest some cool stuff to look into that be much appreciated! I need something of a distraction, and I'm forgetful in feeding my dragons and whatnot.
Sharing images on here is actually pretty simple. So if you're wanting to do commissions it's not too bad. If you want to post images themselves in a thread, you need to upload them to an image hosting site. Like imgur, deviantart, postimage, etc. Then you post the link into image coding brackets like so: [code][img]Imagelinkhere[/img][/code] If you do that, it'll work. You can also use the link using the add image button when creating a forum post. It does the same thing. Or you can just upload your pictures to a site and simply share the link so people can click it and view the pictures there. Anyway, my point is, if you want to do something, it's definitely possible. Don't worry about asking for help.
Sharing images on here is actually pretty simple. So if you're wanting to do commissions it's not too bad.

If you want to post images themselves in a thread, you need to upload them to an image hosting site. Like imgur, deviantart, postimage, etc. Then you post the link into image coding brackets like so:
Code:
[img]Imagelinkhere[/img]
If you do that, it'll work. You can also use the link using the add image button when creating a forum post. It does the same thing.

Or you can just upload your pictures to a site and simply share the link so people can click it and view the pictures there.

Anyway, my point is, if you want to do something, it's definitely possible. Don't worry about asking for help.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I feel like long term projects is what keeps a lot of people coming back to the site, maybe set some goals? Breeding projects, leveling permas, get a hold of specific retired items, etc...

Get involved in the economic side of FR maybe? Giving commissions another shot might be good, vihuff's post has some help with that. You can also get involved in sniping and flipping, or see what you can do in your own flight's dom team.

Speaking of dom, a lot of the more interesting things on the site are user-run. There's a weekly dom-watch thread that usually has a collection of events put together by various users and they're pretty fun to take part in!

Personally, the forums are what keep me coming back everday. I like popping in to see what's going on in FRD ;)
I feel like long term projects is what keeps a lot of people coming back to the site, maybe set some goals? Breeding projects, leveling permas, get a hold of specific retired items, etc...

Get involved in the economic side of FR maybe? Giving commissions another shot might be good, vihuff's post has some help with that. You can also get involved in sniping and flipping, or see what you can do in your own flight's dom team.

Speaking of dom, a lot of the more interesting things on the site are user-run. There's a weekly dom-watch thread that usually has a collection of events put together by various users and they're pretty fun to take part in!

Personally, the forums are what keep me coming back everday. I like popping in to see what's going on in FRD ;)
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)