Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | What do you guys think of Dragonart?
I've been wanting to get into drawing dragons before I finish reading Wings of Fire for the second time, and the Dragonart books look pretty promising. Who all owns a copy here, and what do you think of it? Is it really in-depth, or is it more of a beginner-level thing?
I've been wanting to get into drawing dragons before I finish reading Wings of Fire for the second time, and the Dragonart books look pretty promising. Who all owns a copy here, and what do you think of it? Is it really in-depth, or is it more of a beginner-level thing?
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif FG9FyQQ.png
@CervidaeAxis [img]https://imgur.com/gallery/AUEUomI[/img] This is my picture as my Wings of Fire oc, and I really like the pictures on the book covers and I gained inspiration from it. But of course I have done it my own way. To me it’s quite in depth, but also are you going to own a shop?
@CervidaeAxis

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/AUEUomI[/img]

This is my picture as my Wings of Fire oc, and I really like the pictures on the book covers and I gained inspiration from it. But of course I have done it my own way. To me it’s quite in depth, but also are you going to own a shop?
fcfeoHc.pngShe, her|They, them +2 FR time •Roleplayer over 10 years exp
[quote name="SoulSerpent" date="2019-12-20 05:06:40" ] but also are you going to own a shop? [/quote] Own a shop??
SoulSerpent wrote on 2019-12-20 05:06:40:
but also are you going to own a shop?
Own a shop??
@CervidaeAxis
Yea, own a shop. You know where you can earn treasure, gems or your country’s currency even. By doing art by other people’s requests. Like if a person asks to have an art piece done in your art shop, say, an artwork of their requested oc from Wings of Fire, that is what it could be if you want to have a shop. Especially if they have FR dragons remade as Wings of Fire oc’s.
@CervidaeAxis
Yea, own a shop. You know where you can earn treasure, gems or your country’s currency even. By doing art by other people’s requests. Like if a person asks to have an art piece done in your art shop, say, an artwork of their requested oc from Wings of Fire, that is what it could be if you want to have a shop. Especially if they have FR dragons remade as Wings of Fire oc’s.
fcfeoHc.pngShe, her|They, them +2 FR time •Roleplayer over 10 years exp
[quote name="SoulSerpent" date="2019-12-20 13:23:29" ] @CervidaeAxis Yea, own a shop. You know where you can earn treasure, gems or your country’s currency even. By doing art by other people’s requests. Like if a person asks to have an art piece done in your art shop, say, an artwork of their requested oc from Wings of Fire, that is what it could be if you want to have a shop. Especially if they have FR dragons remade as Wings of Fire oc’s. [/quote] Ah, no I'm not really interested in doing commissions. Just gonna doodle for fun really.
SoulSerpent wrote on 2019-12-20 13:23:29:
@CervidaeAxis
Ah, no I'm not really interested in doing commissions. Just gonna doodle for fun really.
@CervidaeAxis
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2193334/1 -> This thread has a few page examples as well as some people discussing it. They mostly seem to like it. You could also check amazon reviews.

In general however, I don't think books like these are the best idea if you want to learn how to draw. Learning art fundamentals such as breaking everything down into shapes etc. (see drawabox.com) would give you a much rounder understanding of how to draw so that you can learn how to not only draw dragons but everything else as well.
@CervidaeAxis
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2193334/1 -> This thread has a few page examples as well as some people discussing it. They mostly seem to like it. You could also check amazon reviews.

In general however, I don't think books like these are the best idea if you want to learn how to draw. Learning art fundamentals such as breaking everything down into shapes etc. (see drawabox.com) would give you a much rounder understanding of how to draw so that you can learn how to not only draw dragons but everything else as well.
by-knighterrant.png