Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Festival Suggestion
I came up with the concept when a friend of mine commented on being upset that he missed a number of event days this year, and thus wouldn't have enough special event items to get a lot of accessories/apparel/familiars.

There was an event of some kind in the past that gave each player flight-locked I think eye types? And I thought... What if, for the sake of players that aren't always able to log on consistently, holidays/festivals gave away one flight-locked item to every flight member for that holiday! An example; Every Arcane flight member would get one flight-locked holiday item! It can't be sold or traded outside of the clan like the eyes, so there's no big economic fall back or effect!

It allows players to have a little treat for at least their clan's holiday, even if its something small.

To make it more unanimous, you could also implement that maybe something very small (like the flight runes apparel in Joxar's) are unanimously given to all members, and for those in the holiday's flight they get a slightly more special event-exclusive item that is clan-bound.

I think this might be done for the anniversary, on a site-wide scale?? But I know I've had a lot of friends who use this website through the years that have been sad to miss their flights holiday, or the opportunity to get items from it more affordably through gathering during the event itself!
I came up with the concept when a friend of mine commented on being upset that he missed a number of event days this year, and thus wouldn't have enough special event items to get a lot of accessories/apparel/familiars.

There was an event of some kind in the past that gave each player flight-locked I think eye types? And I thought... What if, for the sake of players that aren't always able to log on consistently, holidays/festivals gave away one flight-locked item to every flight member for that holiday! An example; Every Arcane flight member would get one flight-locked holiday item! It can't be sold or traded outside of the clan like the eyes, so there's no big economic fall back or effect!

It allows players to have a little treat for at least their clan's holiday, even if its something small.

To make it more unanimous, you could also implement that maybe something very small (like the flight runes apparel in Joxar's) are unanimously given to all members, and for those in the holiday's flight they get a slightly more special event-exclusive item that is clan-bound.

I think this might be done for the anniversary, on a site-wide scale?? But I know I've had a lot of friends who use this website through the years that have been sad to miss their flights holiday, or the opportunity to get items from it more affordably through gathering during the event itself!
People don't like account-locked items. It makes the inventory/vault feel very crowded, and I don't like elemental festival aesthetic, so I'd be stuck with a bunch of items I don't want...

People that aren't there can just buy the items from other users after the festival, there is nothing locked behind participation.

Also, staff went away from rewarding idle people. Galore is the replacement for site gifts, so you have to log in to get the gift. If you do not log in, you don't get the gift.

Galore is a superior option to the old system; if I don't want the account-locked item, I just have the option to not check Galore.
People don't like account-locked items. It makes the inventory/vault feel very crowded, and I don't like elemental festival aesthetic, so I'd be stuck with a bunch of items I don't want...

People that aren't there can just buy the items from other users after the festival, there is nothing locked behind participation.

Also, staff went away from rewarding idle people. Galore is the replacement for site gifts, so you have to log in to get the gift. If you do not log in, you don't get the gift.

Galore is a superior option to the old system; if I don't want the account-locked item, I just have the option to not check Galore.
No support for clanbound items.

If you end up missing a festival, you can either buy joxar's spare inventory crates and hope you get your desired item to drop from there, or you can buy what you want off other players through the auction house. You're not completely locked out of getting fest stuff if you were away from the site when the event rolled around.

If you end up missing a festival, you can either buy joxar's spare inventory crates and hope you get your desired item to drop from there, or you can buy what you want off other players through the auction house. You're not completely locked out of getting fest stuff if you were away from the site when the event rolled around.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
[quote name="Xela" date="2019-09-25 22:44:40" ] No support for clanbound items. If you end up missing a festival, you can either buy joxar's spare inventory crates and hope you get your desired item to drop from there, or you can buy what you want off other players through the auction house. You're not completely locked out of getting fest stuff if you were away from the site when the event rolled around. [/quote] This. And a lot of the fest stuff stays dirt cheap on the AH for months after the fest is over. (says the guy trying to sell some of it, sigh) I sympathize with missing a fest, as I went on semi-hiatus earlier this year, but clanbound items are a bit problematic (you can't get rid of them) and nothing really fully retires anymore.
Xela wrote on 2019-09-25 22:44:40:

This. And a lot of the fest stuff stays dirt cheap on the AH for months after the fest is over. (says the guy trying to sell some of it, sigh)

I sympathize with missing a fest, as I went on semi-hiatus earlier this year, but clanbound items are a bit problematic (you can't get rid of them) and nothing really fully retires anymore.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments