Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Gaoler genes don't exist at all?
I have been looking around and trying to crack the nut but I don't seem to understand it. So perhaps some who know about breed changes and what not (or just coding in general) could explain why a dragon that has the same markings as there are available for Gaolers at the moment are somehow not acceptable during the breed change? I'm not sure whether this is intentional or just a bug. I guess it does make sense that the developers would want to make all Gaolers basic x basic to prevent the instant mass breeding of these dragons.... but I'm confused to why the markings exist but actually don't exist at the same time? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553538828883853322/588386061441433611/Nayttokuva_2019-06-12_kello_18.15.14.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553538828883853322/588386137576308909/Nayttokuva_2019-06-12_kello_18.15.07.png[/img]
I have been looking around and trying to crack the nut but I don't seem to understand it. So perhaps some who know about breed changes and what not (or just coding in general) could explain why a dragon that has the same markings as there are available for Gaolers at the moment are somehow not acceptable during the breed change?

I'm not sure whether this is intentional or just a bug. I guess it does make sense that the developers would want to make all Gaolers basic x basic to prevent the instant mass breeding of these dragons.... but I'm confused to why the markings exist but actually don't exist at the same time?

Nayttokuva_2019-06-12_kello_18.15.14.png

Nayttokuva_2019-06-12_kello_18.15.07.png
Ancient Breeds as a whole will have different genes available than normal dragons, but when Gaolers were released it was explained that there would be a few parallel genes that resemble genes for modem dragons. Like the ones you mentioned. But they require a scroll specifically for Gaolers. It was also explained that using a Gaoler breed change on a modern dragon would produce a triple basic Gaoler. I'm pretty sure this is to avoid issues with which genes are available and which aren't, because I'm almost positive every gene will not be released for Gaolers.

It was all in the big post on the front page announcing Gaolers, there are probably details there that I missed.

So basically, it's not a bug, that's how it works.
Ancient Breeds as a whole will have different genes available than normal dragons, but when Gaolers were released it was explained that there would be a few parallel genes that resemble genes for modem dragons. Like the ones you mentioned. But they require a scroll specifically for Gaolers. It was also explained that using a Gaoler breed change on a modern dragon would produce a triple basic Gaoler. I'm pretty sure this is to avoid issues with which genes are available and which aren't, because I'm almost positive every gene will not be released for Gaolers.

It was all in the big post on the front page announcing Gaolers, there are probably details there that I missed.

So basically, it's not a bug, that's how it works.
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
They've made separate gene scrolls for Gaolers for each of the "compatible" genes.

So, technically, as far as the coding works, Gaoler genes are separate from modern dragon genes.

From a biological standpoint, yes it'd make more sense if the compatible genes stayed when you breed changed a dragon into a Gaoler, but because Gaoler genes are completely separate items, it doesn't work that way.

Tertiary Gene: Ghost "Tertiary Gene: Ghost"

"Tertiary Gene: Ghost (Gaoler)"
They've made separate gene scrolls for Gaolers for each of the "compatible" genes.

So, technically, as far as the coding works, Gaoler genes are separate from modern dragon genes.

From a biological standpoint, yes it'd make more sense if the compatible genes stayed when you breed changed a dragon into a Gaoler, but because Gaoler genes are completely separate items, it doesn't work that way.

Tertiary Gene: Ghost "Tertiary Gene: Ghost"

"Tertiary Gene: Ghost (Gaoler)"
jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif