Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | are any of these nostalgic to you?
1 2 3 4
i was just thinking about old movies/shows i used to watch when i was really young

- the never-ending story
- old pokemon
- old sailor moon
- old inu-yasha, bakugan
- james and the giant peach
- the chronicles of narnia
- silly bandz
- dance dance revo
- the black-eyed peas
- xbox original (all those deer hunting games)
- ipod nanos
- skip-it, tamagotchi
- lite brite
- lisa frank
- he-man
- the macarena
- the oregon trail
- the amanda show
- nokia games
- studio ghibli movies (my neighbor totoro, etc)
i was just thinking about old movies/shows i used to watch when i was really young

- the never-ending story
- old pokemon
- old sailor moon
- old inu-yasha, bakugan
- silly bandz
- dance dance revo
- the black-eyed peas
- ipod nanos
- skip-it, tamagotchi
- lite brite
- lisa frank
- he-man
- the macarena
- the oregon trail
- the amanda show
- nokia games
i live under a rock i only know what the silly bands are lol

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
war flashbacks at the mention of silly bandz

my brother had an ipod nano, so yes
lite brites were cool but we always lost the pegs
lisa frank was so eyebleeding it's why i wear glasses

i have a few things to contribute
-spongebob popsicles with the gumballs for eyes
-icarly
-victorious
-good luck charlie
-jessie
-not sure if it was just me but waiting years for wii prices to go down
war flashbacks at the mention of silly bandz

my brother had an ipod nano, so yes
lite brites were cool but we always lost the pegs
lisa frank was so eyebleeding it's why i wear glasses

i have a few things to contribute
-spongebob popsicles with the gumballs for eyes
-icarly
-victorious
-good luck charlie
-jessie
-not sure if it was just me but waiting years for wii prices to go down
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
most of these are like a familiar scent that you cant quiet place lol its been that long but its definitely nostalgic.

- the never-ending story (im pretty sure my love for fantasy stemmed from here)
- old pokemon (I was actually more into digimon but I watched pokemon to; for some reason when I think of one I think of the other...)
- old sailor moon (i used to watch it some but not much; it makes me cringe to think about it now for some reason it bugs me)
- old inu-yasha (my first anime ever watched)
- james and the giant peach (i remember thinking this was the strangest movie ever)
- the chronicles of narnia ( i think my sister liked this more than me but i thought it was ok)
- dance dance revo (i wish I could play this right now)
- the black-eyed peas
- ipod nanos
- tamagotchi (I had an angel pet one and it was my goal for mine to live longer than my sisters)
- lite brite
- lisa frank
- he-man (I kinda want to go back and watch this but then I would want to find gargoyles and watch it to haha)
- the macarena (was popular at my elementary school)
- the oregon trail (i tried so hard an never ever got far)
- studio ghibli movies (my neighbor totoro, etc) (omg I didnt know about ghibli movies until they had a marathon that came out on TCM and I totally binged my heart out)
most of these are like a familiar scent that you cant quiet place lol its been that long but its definitely nostalgic.

- the never-ending story (im pretty sure my love for fantasy stemmed from here)
- old pokemon (I was actually more into digimon but I watched pokemon to; for some reason when I think of one I think of the other...)
- old sailor moon (i used to watch it some but not much; it makes me cringe to think about it now for some reason it bugs me)
- old inu-yasha (my first anime ever watched)
- james and the giant peach (i remember thinking this was the strangest movie ever)
- the chronicles of narnia ( i think my sister liked this more than me but i thought it was ok)
- dance dance revo (i wish I could play this right now)
- the black-eyed peas
- ipod nanos
- tamagotchi (I had an angel pet one and it was my goal for mine to live longer than my sisters)
- lite brite
- lisa frank
- he-man (I kinda want to go back and watch this but then I would want to find gargoyles and watch it to haha)
- the macarena (was popular at my elementary school)
- the oregon trail (i tried so hard an never ever got far)
- studio ghibli movies (my neighbor totoro, etc) (omg I didnt know about ghibli movies until they had a marathon that came out on TCM and I totally binged my heart out)
vv6mCnH.png [Miir /+1 FR time / joined:7/21/15]
We must be around the same age if you're old enough to remember the Lisa Frank craze but young enough to have participated in the Silly Band fad. I have a bunch of memories with a lot of these things so here's a couple highlights.

- Silly Bandz. I think I was in maybe the sixth grade when those were huge. I gave my crush at the time a wolf (or maybe it was a dragon?) silly band and he broke it :c I had a bunch of cool ones and liked collecting the tie-dye/multi colored ones. My younger bro and I fought over one once, I think it was a sword that we believed was a rare color or something? The fad died in my area that following summer when all the summer camps and etc made rules against wearing and trading them because they were such a distraction. I amassed a pretty large collection but gave most of them away years later to a friend who was trying to bring the trend back when we were in our later years of high school (it didn't work).

- The iPod Nano was my first personal electronic device ever except for maybe my GBA. I didn't even listen to music all that much back then compared to how much I listen to now but I remember I'd get mad at my dad for downloading music on Limewire because I thought we'd actually get in legal trouble for it lol.

- Dance Dance Revolution was a part of our gym class in elementary school, which probably sounds like the most mid-2000's thing you've ever heard of. I got pretty decent at it for a while but stopped playing once it fell out of style and have probably long fallen off by now tbh. Some of those weird bubblegum pop songs still kinda have a special niche in my heart though.

- Speaking of songs, artists I remember being popular around that time included Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber (never got on that trend thankfully lol), All American Rejects, Taio Cruz, Owl City, and others. I don't listen to much pop music anymore but I still prefer most of these artists to the ones that are popular now 10+ years later.

- Pokemon has been a recurring part of my life for probably close to 15 years now. I missed the boat on old-school Pokemon by a bit, but I was well on the bandwagon by Gen 3. I started collecting anything and everything Pokemon-related and I had nearly all of the GBA and DS games. I still have most of my collection though a lot of it is stored away with family until I either have a big enough place to keep it all and/or get the motivation to sell some to equally dedicated collectors. In particular though, I still like to collect merch of Jolteon (/eeveelutions in general), my all-time favorite from the very beginning. I still like to play the new games occasionally too but I sadly haven't felt super immersed in them since maybe Gen 5.
We must be around the same age if you're old enough to remember the Lisa Frank craze but young enough to have participated in the Silly Band fad. I have a bunch of memories with a lot of these things so here's a couple highlights.

- Silly Bandz. I think I was in maybe the sixth grade when those were huge. I gave my crush at the time a wolf (or maybe it was a dragon?) silly band and he broke it :c I had a bunch of cool ones and liked collecting the tie-dye/multi colored ones. My younger bro and I fought over one once, I think it was a sword that we believed was a rare color or something? The fad died in my area that following summer when all the summer camps and etc made rules against wearing and trading them because they were such a distraction. I amassed a pretty large collection but gave most of them away years later to a friend who was trying to bring the trend back when we were in our later years of high school (it didn't work).

- The iPod Nano was my first personal electronic device ever except for maybe my GBA. I didn't even listen to music all that much back then compared to how much I listen to now but I remember I'd get mad at my dad for downloading music on Limewire because I thought we'd actually get in legal trouble for it lol.

- Dance Dance Revolution was a part of our gym class in elementary school, which probably sounds like the most mid-2000's thing you've ever heard of. I got pretty decent at it for a while but stopped playing once it fell out of style and have probably long fallen off by now tbh. Some of those weird bubblegum pop songs still kinda have a special niche in my heart though.

- Speaking of songs, artists I remember being popular around that time included Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber (never got on that trend thankfully lol), All American Rejects, Taio Cruz, Owl City, and others. I don't listen to much pop music anymore but I still prefer most of these artists to the ones that are popular now 10+ years later.

- Pokemon has been a recurring part of my life for probably close to 15 years now. I missed the boat on old-school Pokemon by a bit, but I was well on the bandwagon by Gen 3. I started collecting anything and everything Pokemon-related and I had nearly all of the GBA and DS games. I still have most of my collection though a lot of it is stored away with family until I either have a big enough place to keep it all and/or get the motivation to sell some to equally dedicated collectors. In particular though, I still like to collect merch of Jolteon (/eeveelutions in general), my all-time favorite from the very beginning. I still like to play the new games occasionally too but I sadly haven't felt super immersed in them since maybe Gen 5.
Never be afraid to ping me!
You forgot bop-its
You forgot bop-its
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
So many of those for sure, though some of those came after I stopped paying attention.

To give you an idea:

Floppy disks.
Sim-Ant
Ancient Windows screensavers (eg: wandering through an endless maze of brick walls)
Getting the internet on personal computers for the first time

Anyway, I remember all the ones you mentioned.
So many of those for sure, though some of those came after I stopped paying attention.

To give you an idea:

Floppy disks.
Sim-Ant
Ancient Windows screensavers (eg: wandering through an endless maze of brick walls)
Getting the internet on personal computers for the first time

Anyway, I remember all the ones you mentioned.
[quote name="eefles" date="2019-05-06 18:10:50" ] i live under a rock i only know what the silly bands are lol [/quote] Same but with old Sailor Moon (but was never into it), Black Eyed Peas (also never into it) and obviously Nokia games. They're slowly getting nostalgic to me too (omg I love bounce). Edit: aaaah the Macarena too. But, uh, the hype is too recent for me to feel nostalgic about it XD
eefles wrote on 2019-05-06 18:10:50:
Same but with old Sailor Moon (but was never into it), Black Eyed Peas (also never into it) and obviously Nokia games. They're slowly getting nostalgic to me too (omg I love bounce).

Edit: aaaah the Macarena too. But, uh, the hype is too recent for me to feel nostalgic about it XD
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
- old pokemon
not sure if the sinnoh games count, but they were my first pokemon games! i played them all the time when i was younger, and i still love the franchise to this day

- bakugan
I HAD A BAKUGAN DS GAME AND HAD A HUGE BAKUGAN PHASE!! i vaguely remember being in first grade and somehow bribing a classmate out of a bakugan toy he had. good times

from about 2nd grade to 4th grade, my mom would read all of the kids a chapter book, usually by roald dahl, before bed. all of his books, including james and the giant peach, have a special place in my heart

this was another series that got read to us! i don't remember how far we got, it was a long time ago

- silly bandz
when i was in third grade, one of my classmates hit another classmate in the face. i was the only one who noticed. i was going to tell on her, but she made me shut up by giving me one hundred silly bandz
then she stole them from me at the end of the day and i learned that humans are inherently evil beings

- the macarena
this is the only dance i know how to do

MY PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS ARE PEOPLE OF CULTURE AND RAISED ME ON GHIBLI
i watched a ton of ghibli films as a kid, but the one that holds the most sentimental value and nostalgia is my neighbor totoro. my grandparents had a VHS tape of totoro (it was the fox dub, which was, is, and will always be better than the disney dub) and i would watch it constantly when we went to their house. at the time, that was the only place i could watch that movie. we were pretty poor, watching movies online wasn't really a thing, and for some reason, the local blockbuster stopped lending out their copy of totoro. i remember being so excited when we finally got our hands on our own copy. said copy has since been lost, though. we have a digital version, but it only has the disney dub and japanese version.
my grandparents still have the same tape, and i always watch it with them when i visit them
- old pokemon
not sure if the sinnoh games count, but they were my first pokemon games! i played them all the time when i was younger, and i still love the franchise to this day

- bakugan
I HAD A BAKUGAN DS GAME AND HAD A HUGE BAKUGAN PHASE!! i vaguely remember being in first grade and somehow bribing a classmate out of a bakugan toy he had. good times

from about 2nd grade to 4th grade, my mom would read all of the kids a chapter book, usually by roald dahl, before bed. all of his books, including james and the giant peach, have a special place in my heart

this was another series that got read to us! i don't remember how far we got, it was a long time ago

- silly bandz
when i was in third grade, one of my classmates hit another classmate in the face. i was the only one who noticed. i was going to tell on her, but she made me shut up by giving me one hundred silly bandz
then she stole them from me at the end of the day and i learned that humans are inherently evil beings

- the macarena
this is the only dance i know how to do

MY PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS ARE PEOPLE OF CULTURE AND RAISED ME ON GHIBLI
i watched a ton of ghibli films as a kid, but the one that holds the most sentimental value and nostalgia is my neighbor totoro. my grandparents had a VHS tape of totoro (it was the fox dub, which was, is, and will always be better than the disney dub) and i would watch it constantly when we went to their house. at the time, that was the only place i could watch that movie. we were pretty poor, watching movies online wasn't really a thing, and for some reason, the local blockbuster stopped lending out their copy of totoro. i remember being so excited when we finally got our hands on our own copy. said copy has since been lost, though. we have a digital version, but it only has the disney dub and japanese version.
my grandparents still have the same tape, and i always watch it with them when i visit them
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
- the never-ending story: I've never actually watched it!
- old pokemon: YES! I LOVED the Pokemon cartoon (and the first movie) as a kid! I remember when the cards first came out and my brother and I begged our dad to take us to 7/11 to buy some. :D My brother actually got the holographic Charizard card in his first big pack. SO JEALOUS!
- old sailor moon: I liked it as a kid, didn't like it when I tried to rewatch it for nostalgia (and I never finished it the first time). I was always much more into Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Cardcaptors, etc.
- old inu-yasha, bakugan: Never watched Bakugan and I didn't like Inu-yasha when I tried to read it.
- james and the giant peach: I've never actually read it. :O
- the chronicles of narnia: I liked the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and that's about it.
- silly bandz: I... somehow missed this trend growing up!
- dance dance revolution: I never got the chance to play it. I'm not coordinated enough for something like that anyway.
- the black-eyed peas: Never liked them. Can't even remember what songs are by them.
- xbox original (all those deer hunting games): Never played the original, just played the 360. That had a lot of hunting games as well, same with the Wii. I only tried a couple because my gf's dad loved them. They weren't fun.
- ipod nanos: I had one! It was light blue. My music tastes were all over the place so it was filled with punk, metal, classic rock, anime songs and video game music lol
- skip-it, tamagotchi: Didn't have a tamagotchi growing up but I did play skip-it on the playground when someone brought one.
- lite brite: I used to play with mine for HOURS, especially when I had chronic insomnia and there wasn't much else to do.
- lisa frank: Never really liked it.
- he-man: Never watched it.
- the macarena: I lived under a rock and I didn't even recall the macarena... like, I grew up during the height of its popularity and I SHOULD'VE remembered it and I'm sure I heard it plenty but I just never remembered it and didn't care for it.
- the oregon trail: Never played it. I've seen countless memes about it but for some reason I'd never heard of it as a kid.
- the amanda show: Bring out the dancing lobsters!
- nokia games: Never had a Nokia. I didn't get a phone until I was in high school and I got my dad's old flip phone. I still had a flip phone long after smartphones came out.
- studio ghibli movies (my neighbor totoro, etc): I didn't actually watch them when I was little. My gf introduced them to me so I watched some in high school. They're okay, but a lot are overrated imo.
- the never-ending story: I've never actually watched it!
- old pokemon: YES! I LOVED the Pokemon cartoon (and the first movie) as a kid! I remember when the cards first came out and my brother and I begged our dad to take us to 7/11 to buy some. :D My brother actually got the holographic Charizard card in his first big pack. SO JEALOUS!
- old sailor moon: I liked it as a kid, didn't like it when I tried to rewatch it for nostalgia (and I never finished it the first time). I was always much more into Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Cardcaptors, etc.
- old inu-yasha, bakugan: Never watched Bakugan and I didn't like Inu-yasha when I tried to read it.
- james and the giant peach: I've never actually read it. :O
- the chronicles of narnia: I liked the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and that's about it.
- silly bandz: I... somehow missed this trend growing up!
- dance dance revolution: I never got the chance to play it. I'm not coordinated enough for something like that anyway.
- the black-eyed peas: Never liked them. Can't even remember what songs are by them.
- xbox original (all those deer hunting games): Never played the original, just played the 360. That had a lot of hunting games as well, same with the Wii. I only tried a couple because my gf's dad loved them. They weren't fun.
- ipod nanos: I had one! It was light blue. My music tastes were all over the place so it was filled with punk, metal, classic rock, anime songs and video game music lol
- skip-it, tamagotchi: Didn't have a tamagotchi growing up but I did play skip-it on the playground when someone brought one.
- lite brite: I used to play with mine for HOURS, especially when I had chronic insomnia and there wasn't much else to do.
- lisa frank: Never really liked it.
- he-man: Never watched it.
- the macarena: I lived under a rock and I didn't even recall the macarena... like, I grew up during the height of its popularity and I SHOULD'VE remembered it and I'm sure I heard it plenty but I just never remembered it and didn't care for it.
- the oregon trail: Never played it. I've seen countless memes about it but for some reason I'd never heard of it as a kid.
- the amanda show: Bring out the dancing lobsters!
- nokia games: Never had a Nokia. I didn't get a phone until I was in high school and I got my dad's old flip phone. I still had a flip phone long after smartphones came out.
- studio ghibli movies (my neighbor totoro, etc): I didn't actually watch them when I was little. My gf introduced them to me so I watched some in high school. They're okay, but a lot are overrated imo.
1 2 3 4