Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Possible mobile app?
1 2
Would it be possible to make Flight Rising in a mobile app for the Iphone/android? This is just something I'm curious about cause I don't always have a computer nearby to keep an eye on my dragons or check for updates in Trading Post or my auction status. Trying to check in on everything is nearly a nightmare through the internet on my phone and I can't always see if I've taken care of what I wanted to. What are your thoughts on this fellow Flight Risers? [img]http://tr2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/01/25/e7c48d8d-4bd9-4afd-bbf9-8952fd152641/resize/770x/7246e0a10c43f897ad338c10a8dc91a7/mobileapps.jpg[/img]
Would it be possible to make Flight Rising in a mobile app for the Iphone/android?
This is just something I'm curious about cause I don't always have a computer nearby to keep an eye on my dragons or check for updates in Trading Post or my auction status. Trying to check in on everything is nearly a nightmare through the internet on my phone and I can't always see if I've taken care of what I wanted to.

What are your thoughts on this fellow Flight Risers?
mobileapps.jpg
I think they said at one point that they hove no plans to make an actual FR app, though obviously that could change.

Personally, I'm a bit neutral on this. While it would be cool, I don't really use mobile too often...

I don't know what else to say anymore.
I think they said at one point that they hove no plans to make an actual FR app, though obviously that could change.

Personally, I'm a bit neutral on this. While it would be cool, I don't really use mobile too often...

I don't know what else to say anymore.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
Nah, I think the current rewrite making the site more accessible on mobiles is a good strategy. That way they aren't essentially splitting their focus between two projects and at least doubling coding development time for each new feature.
Most of the site already works pretty well on any modern phone so putting the effort into an app seems unnecessary when that time could be spent on the rewrite that benefits everyone.

Understand, an app is a huge investment of time and money for such a small team. I would rather have the time FR's Codesmiths would spend on an app going towards new features and the rewrite.
Nah, I think the current rewrite making the site more accessible on mobiles is a good strategy. That way they aren't essentially splitting their focus between two projects and at least doubling coding development time for each new feature.
Most of the site already works pretty well on any modern phone so putting the effort into an app seems unnecessary when that time could be spent on the rewrite that benefits everyone.

Understand, an app is a huge investment of time and money for such a small team. I would rather have the time FR's Codesmiths would spend on an app going towards new features and the rewrite.
I think what they’re doing now to make FR more usable for mobile only users like me is plenty? I mean, I’m happy enough with with what I have. Can’t exactly pine for what I don’t have?
I think what they’re doing now to make FR more usable for mobile only users like me is plenty? I mean, I’m happy enough with with what I have. Can’t exactly pine for what I don’t have?
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
I use mobile pretty frequently (well, I switch between that and computer), but FR generally works well on my phone anyway without being its own app.
I use mobile pretty frequently (well, I switch between that and computer), but FR generally works well on my phone anyway without being its own app.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
making a mobile app from scratch is just too much work imo, I don't why staff would want to pour efforts into an app

rewriting the website so it has a mobile interface would be a better bet than an app
making a mobile app from scratch is just too much work imo, I don't why staff would want to pour efforts into an app

rewriting the website so it has a mobile interface would be a better bet than an app

I am trapped as the strong wind flies
And when the stars won't shine for us
Then what’s to gain?
_ qIoInxi.png
Apps require their own server and I don't see fr spending time on creating another complete separate site. A mobile-friendly version is much more accurate, although I move p much fine from my phone on the current site
Apps require their own server and I don't see fr spending time on creating another complete separate site. A mobile-friendly version is much more accurate, although I move p much fine from my phone on the current site
iuEBSJ3.png
Y0SdlfO.png
gqWsHjf.png
d3OF3Gw.png
dEe2UrM.png

7WvV6Ii.png x x x

That would take a lot of work, and I don't think the FR team really has the resources for such an undertaking. And honestly the current site works pretty well on mobile, the only exception being the faire games. Maybe some time in the far future, when the staff have more resources and less things to work on with the actual site? It would be pretty neat to have an app, it's just not a priority.
That would take a lot of work, and I don't think the FR team really has the resources for such an undertaking. And honestly the current site works pretty well on mobile, the only exception being the faire games. Maybe some time in the far future, when the staff have more resources and less things to work on with the actual site? It would be pretty neat to have an app, it's just not a priority.
jCVhFoZ.gif
The only real advantage to having an app is that it could give your phone little alerts. But that could also be a disadvantage if you hate that kind of thing.
The only real advantage to having an app is that it could give your phone little alerts. But that could also be a disadvantage if you hate that kind of thing.
0PO1tea.png Scatter Thread
Quest Thread
Like many have already said, I'm not sure it would be good for the players to ask the staff to split their focus between a website and a mobile app. Instead, I appreciate it if the website became more mobile friendly. For the most part, I can do a majority of my gameplay on the mobile comfortably, but there are a few things that could be improved to improve my quality of life.
Like many have already said, I'm not sure it would be good for the players to ask the staff to split their focus between a website and a mobile app. Instead, I appreciate it if the website became more mobile friendly. For the most part, I can do a majority of my gameplay on the mobile comfortably, but there are a few things that could be improved to improve my quality of life.
water-banner-3_zps9b5f729c.gif
1 2