Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LF Feedback] Adventure Game Setting
Hello o/

My name is Lya and I am striving to become a Game Designer. For this, I am applying for a university this year and I would love to get some early feedback on my narration.

Please go as rough on the critism as you want and feel free to point out spelling or similar mistakes. :)

Narrative Setting:

In the aftermath of the riots in 2015, caused by the death of Freddie Gray, violence in Baltimore is peaking equally on sides of criminal activities and law enforcement matters. Criminal organisations are on the rise, flooding the streets with weapons and drugs. The black community suffers from this more than ever as they are put under general suspicion by the local police.
In the midst of this, Police Detective McNear is struggling not to get suspended for having messed up several investigations in the past. The next case might be their last one. The time has come for McNear to make a decision: give it their best on their next case or find something else to do.

Plot:

The player takes on the role of Police Detective McNear, who is being send on an undercover mission to track down the head of the Marklay drug ring. This mission leads McNear down a road which will be difficult to retreat from if wrong decisions are being made.
Will they solve the case and arrest the criminal or will they allow themselves to get corrupted?
Hello o/

My name is Lya and I am striving to become a Game Designer. For this, I am applying for a university this year and I would love to get some early feedback on my narration.

Please go as rough on the critism as you want and feel free to point out spelling or similar mistakes. :)

Narrative Setting:

In the aftermath of the riots in 2015, caused by the death of Freddie Gray, violence in Baltimore is peaking equally on sides of criminal activities and law enforcement matters. Criminal organisations are on the rise, flooding the streets with weapons and drugs. The black community suffers from this more than ever as they are put under general suspicion by the local police.
In the midst of this, Police Detective McNear is struggling not to get suspended for having messed up several investigations in the past. The next case might be their last one. The time has come for McNear to make a decision: give it their best on their next case or find something else to do.

Plot:

The player takes on the role of Police Detective McNear, who is being send on an undercover mission to track down the head of the Marklay drug ring. This mission leads McNear down a road which will be difficult to retreat from if wrong decisions are being made.
Will they solve the case and arrest the criminal or will they allow themselves to get corrupted?
jPdGQf9.gif