Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to favorite other users dragons?
I think the option to favorite other users dragons would be super useful instead of just sharing via twitter and liking through Facebook! Perhaps there could be a feature to view players favorited dragons on their profiles as well?
I think the option to favorite other users dragons would be super useful instead of just sharing via twitter and liking through Facebook! Perhaps there could be a feature to view players favorited dragons on their profiles as well?
While I am for a FR based liking system for dragons, I feel it should be purely cosmetic and do nothing.

1. Likes are not visible to the public. Only the user who owns the dragon can see those likes.

2. Likes are reset upon the dragon leaving the lair.

3. There could be a page where users could see the dragons they have 'favorited'.

4. No notifications should be sent to anyone, whether upon being liked, upon said like being removed, or upon something happening to the dragon.

This is to prevent things like like farming, or making people feel bad because their dragons aren't as 'liked' as others, or inflating dragon prices due solely to how many friends a person has compared to someone else who has a smaller circle, but a nearly identical dragon (ie only ID is different)
While I am for a FR based liking system for dragons, I feel it should be purely cosmetic and do nothing.

1. Likes are not visible to the public. Only the user who owns the dragon can see those likes.

2. Likes are reset upon the dragon leaving the lair.

3. There could be a page where users could see the dragons they have 'favorited'.

4. No notifications should be sent to anyone, whether upon being liked, upon said like being removed, or upon something happening to the dragon.

This is to prevent things like like farming, or making people feel bad because their dragons aren't as 'liked' as others, or inflating dragon prices due solely to how many friends a person has compared to someone else who has a smaller circle, but a nearly identical dragon (ie only ID is different)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I want some form of FR "like" system. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1073073&p=mb

People say "just leave a comment or PM." But that is more of a hassle.
"Hey, I like your dragons...oh crap, forget their names, flip back to that tab. Oh, the first one is Unnamed--gee, half the dragons in this lair are Unnamed. Flip back to that dragon, copy and paste the ID number. And I like your other dragons...flip back to that tab, click through the lair again, find the next dragon's name...Oh yeah, but please don't reply to me or say "thank you" or send a random friend request because I'm not really looking to start a conversation here."

I'm sure for some people that don't mind, but for introverts or those with social anxiety, that aforementioned kind of PM is a turn-off. People honestly don't get how much of a hurdle PMing a compliment is to somehow who is shy or otherwise. I don't want to start chatting with random people just to compliment a dragon. As a result, if I like your dragon you will never know. However, if we had an on-site "like" feature, I would totally go through lairs and "like" away. As it is now, there's not a lot of motivation for me to browse other people's lairs.

Yes, there is a currently a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "tweet" button, but not everyone uses these social media and many people who do don't want to connect their Facebook accounts to their FR accounts and vice versa. For example, they don't want people to find their IRL information by connecting FR to Facebook or they don't want to bog their Facebook page down with a hundred dragons.

I understand people's concerns about "likes" becoming a popularity contest and influencing sales. For that reason, I think "likes" should be reset upon sale or trade. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if FR didn't keep a running count of "likes" at all--for me, "likes" would just be passing on a compliment, and once that alert is read and deleted, if it isn't saved anywhere on site, it wouldn't bother me.

However, FR could also keep "likes" totally private. But it would be a nice feature if dragons you "liked" were kept on a list somewhere so you could go back to get gene ideas, clothing ideas, or just re-read a good biography. Again, this list would be private. It would be nice, but not necessary for the suggestion.

I also understand people's concerns about threads begging for likes. However, if FR kept no running count of likes, that would solve most of this problem. FR could also make "like begging" against the rules. Just because some people would abuse a feature is no reason to not include it--any feature has potential for abuse, after all.

Others have said they don't want people to like their dragons. I wouldn't mind if this feature were optional. In fact, I feel a lot of the communication on this site should be disable-able including pings, PMs, profile comments, Crossroad requests, and friend requests. But those are other suggestions.
I want some form of FR "like" system. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1073073&p=mb

People say "just leave a comment or PM." But that is more of a hassle.
"Hey, I like your dragons...oh crap, forget their names, flip back to that tab. Oh, the first one is Unnamed--gee, half the dragons in this lair are Unnamed. Flip back to that dragon, copy and paste the ID number. And I like your other dragons...flip back to that tab, click through the lair again, find the next dragon's name...Oh yeah, but please don't reply to me or say "thank you" or send a random friend request because I'm not really looking to start a conversation here."

I'm sure for some people that don't mind, but for introverts or those with social anxiety, that aforementioned kind of PM is a turn-off. People honestly don't get how much of a hurdle PMing a compliment is to somehow who is shy or otherwise. I don't want to start chatting with random people just to compliment a dragon. As a result, if I like your dragon you will never know. However, if we had an on-site "like" feature, I would totally go through lairs and "like" away. As it is now, there's not a lot of motivation for me to browse other people's lairs.

Yes, there is a currently a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "tweet" button, but not everyone uses these social media and many people who do don't want to connect their Facebook accounts to their FR accounts and vice versa. For example, they don't want people to find their IRL information by connecting FR to Facebook or they don't want to bog their Facebook page down with a hundred dragons.

I understand people's concerns about "likes" becoming a popularity contest and influencing sales. For that reason, I think "likes" should be reset upon sale or trade. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if FR didn't keep a running count of "likes" at all--for me, "likes" would just be passing on a compliment, and once that alert is read and deleted, if it isn't saved anywhere on site, it wouldn't bother me.

However, FR could also keep "likes" totally private. But it would be a nice feature if dragons you "liked" were kept on a list somewhere so you could go back to get gene ideas, clothing ideas, or just re-read a good biography. Again, this list would be private. It would be nice, but not necessary for the suggestion.

I also understand people's concerns about threads begging for likes. However, if FR kept no running count of likes, that would solve most of this problem. FR could also make "like begging" against the rules. Just because some people would abuse a feature is no reason to not include it--any feature has potential for abuse, after all.

Others have said they don't want people to like their dragons. I wouldn't mind if this feature were optional. In fact, I feel a lot of the communication on this site should be disable-able including pings, PMs, profile comments, Crossroad requests, and friend requests. But those are other suggestions.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
These are really good ideas. If you pour a lot of heart and effort into a dragon you think is beautiful, wouldn't it be nice if you saw someone somewhere appreciated it?

While there is a dragon sharing corner of the forums, that might be an issue for someone, as was mentioned, who is socially anxious or shy. And wouldn't it kind of hurt your feelings if you posted your dragon and got zeor positive feedback? Some people wouldn't mind, but some would. So I think adding the private like system would be awesome. NOT public, and resetting upon trade or sell. Def support.
These are really good ideas. If you pour a lot of heart and effort into a dragon you think is beautiful, wouldn't it be nice if you saw someone somewhere appreciated it?

While there is a dragon sharing corner of the forums, that might be an issue for someone, as was mentioned, who is socially anxious or shy. And wouldn't it kind of hurt your feelings if you posted your dragon and got zeor positive feedback? Some people wouldn't mind, but some would. So I think adding the private like system would be awesome. NOT public, and resetting upon trade or sell. Def support.
cM8dUFr.png