Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Forum Mention Notification
So when you get pinged in a forum post, you just get a notification saying:
<user who pinged you> has mentioned you in a forum post

And there's a link to the forum post, but it'd be helpful if it were like the notification for when someone replied to a forum thread you're following:
<user> has replied to the forum topic <forum title>

where you can see what the thread you got pinged in and not just hey you got mentioned in a post.
So it'd be like: <user who pinged you> has mentioned you in a forum post for <forum title>
or something.
So when you get pinged in a forum post, you just get a notification saying:
<user who pinged you> has mentioned you in a forum post

And there's a link to the forum post, but it'd be helpful if it were like the notification for when someone replied to a forum thread you're following:
<user> has replied to the forum topic <forum title>

where you can see what the thread you got pinged in and not just hey you got mentioned in a post.
So it'd be like: <user who pinged you> has mentioned you in a forum post for <forum title>
or something.
v9KlXh3.png
Support. Also, make the whole thing just a link to that post, because most of the time I end up clicking on the person's name and going to their page when I don't want to.
Support. Also, make the whole thing just a link to that post, because most of the time I end up clicking on the person's name and going to their page when I don't want to.
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
Okay, so I literally just discovered - while replying to this - that there's sort of a function for this already: the star at the top of the page.

But yes, when I receive a notification about a ping, just make the whole link to the forum page! Agh!!
Okay, so I literally just discovered - while replying to this - that there's sort of a function for this already: the star at the top of the page.

But yes, when I receive a notification about a ping, just make the whole link to the forum page! Agh!!
cM8dUFr.png